Driveclub

Sack it to Me: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Goes Gold!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Sep 03, 2012 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Goes Gold!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita has gone gold! This means that the game is now 100% complete — all that remains is for us to print off Sackboy’s new adventure and send it off to stores for release on September 25th!

Sack it to Me: LBP PS Vita Goes Gold

Our teams at Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven have been working hard to get Sackboy’s portable adventure ready for you; we cannot wait to see what our community of talented creators can make with Sackboy’s brand new collection of create tools, which are just perfect for making your very own portable gaming classics!

If you haven’t already, be sure to pre-order today to ensure that you receive your copy on time. You’ll pick up some snazzy bonus content too!

The World Peace Day Costume Returns

This month will see the return of World Peace Day. To commemorate the occasion, we will be re-releasing our World Peace Day Costume onto the PlayStation Store next week.

The World Peace Costume will be free and will only be available for one week, so don’t delay in picking it up!

Sack it to Me: World Peace Day

Don’t forget that your downloaded Costume DLC will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting — this includes our Free Seasonal Costume DLC releases too! So, you’ll want to pick up this costume now to give your LittleBigPlanet PS Vita costume collection an early boost before it’s released later this month.

Mm Picks

We have a great mix of levels for your Mm Picks this week! There’s an amazing space shooter that will see you blasting through levels of arcade awesomeness, a brilliant platformer that sees Sackboy undertaking a very windswept adventure, a devious platform challenge that only gives you 100 lives to navigate its obstacles, and finally some multiplayer madness that will see four players working together to show that teamwork is sometimes needed to overcome challenges.

Sack it to Me: Aero Spartan

Aero Spartan: Warriors of Pirate Bay (1-2P) [PHI] by RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo

Sack it to Me: Stormy Valley

Stormy Valley (platformer) by yu-kamone

Sack it to Me: [100 stock] short skills challenge

挑戦 [100 stock] short skills challenge by simora2873

Sack it to Me: Teamwork Matters

[PLCC4] Teamwork Matters (4 Player) by Tyler_stewart

So a big, big thank you to all our fans on there! We truly appreciate your continued support of everything LittleBigPlanet and cannot wait to bring LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting to you before the end of the year!

PAGE 1 2

+ iceychill56 on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Hey Steve, any updates you can give about creating online with friends?

+ Reef1978 on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

It’s strange that’s there is no mention of the Progressive contest. When will the winners be announced? I got to say it’s unfortunate that only the top ten hearted levels will be considered when it’s very likely that there are levels out there far more deserving to win but don’t have the hearts required. Is it possible that other levels will be considered? I ask because it seems like some of the current top ten levels are actually trolls creating anti-Progressive levels. This alone should show you guys it was a mistake to do the contest this way.

+ PRIMUS_420 on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Is there really no one else amped up for LBP Vita? i have had this game paid off for months (im)patiently waiting and only a couple more weeks to wait now : ) This game may have a kids apeal to it but it is a fun game no matter your age.. LBPVITA COME GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Does it count if I am? ;)

I’m soooo looking forward to all the new types of LittleBigPlanet levels and games that can only be made on the PlayStation Vita! :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Will we be able to preorder digitally and get the Preorder Bonuses? Can we preorder like Sound Shapes or will we get the dlc from buying within the first week like Gravity Rush?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

We’re currently looking into this and should hopefully have some news soon!
    We haven’t nailed down the final details just yet though.

+ DZORMAGEN on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Below, you’ll find the complete list of “LittleBigPlanet PS Vita” trophies.

Hidden

Five Hidden Trophies

Bronze

Chases the Aces — Complete 10 Story levels in a row without being killed

Prize Collector — Find and collect 50% of the Prize Bubbles in Story levels

House Proud — Place 10 stickers or decorations in your pod

Multiplier X5 — Score a X5 multiplier in a Story level

Multiplier X10 — Score a x10 multiplier in a Story level

Scoreboard 50% — Place in the top 50% of a Story level containing more than 50 scores

The Tourist — Complete a community level

Tired of Life — Accumulate 20 deaths in one Story level

First Among Equals — Win a 4-player game

Social Animal — Complete a level with more than one player

Pianist Pioneer — Play ‘Do Re Mi’ on the piano in La Marionetta

Insert Coin — Complete all achievements in one game from The Arcade

25 Online Versus Wins — Win 25 Versus community levels against at least one other online player

+ DZORMAGEN on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

Queued Up — Play a level that has been added to your Queue

Finger Cramp — Bash 1000 bonces in ‘Bonce Tappin’

Double 11 — Play “LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita” at 11 minutes past 11

Aspiring Director — Publish a cut scene level

Fashionista — Change your costume

Creative Spark — Spend 10 active minutes in Create mode

Share and Share Alike — Publish a level

50 Unique Players — A level you published was played by 50 unique players

Mindful Vandalism — Place a sticker or decoration on another player’s sackperson

Balancing Act — Balance another sackperson on an object while lifting it with touch

Quick Badge Job — Publish a level with a custom badge created from a Camera photo or an in-game photo

+ DZORMAGEN on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

God Complex — Spin any of the planets 720 degrees with a single flick

Mr. Know-It-All — Watch all the tutorials

40 Yays! — Give positive feedback on 40 community levels

Everyone’s a Critic — Submit a review for a level

Happy Snapper — Upload a photo

Just a Scratch — Spin the LP disc in Jackpot City

Rising Star — Collect 50% of Skill Rewards in Story Mode

Silver

Complete Story Mode — Complete the main path of the Story

Scoreboard 25% — Place in Top 25% of a Story Level scoreboard containing more than 50 scores

+ DZORMAGEN on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Complete 75 Cooperative Levels — Complete 75 unique Cooperative community levels

Hi Score — Collection 1,000,000 points over all story levels you have played

Time Well Spent — Play “LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita” on every day of the week

Multiplier X15 — Score a x15 multiplier in a Story level

Obsessive Collecting — Find and collection 100% of the Prize Bubbles in Story Levels

Gold

Aced Story Mode — Ace the main path of the story

Get a Life — Spend 1440 active minutes in Create mode

Arcade Champion — Complete all achievements in all games from The Arcade

Platinum

Earn all “LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita” trophies.

+ zzamaro on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

I pre-ordered on newegg.com. I was wondering if it’ll have the pre-order bonuses if I pre-order there.

+ Fnord on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Awesome. Loved the beta. Moreso than the PS3 entries.

+ ChaoVizua on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

This is what pisses me off about video game companies… they’re supposed to be ahead of the curve, but they’re still so unprepared… don’t post things on a blog that you aren’t capable of answering questions about. Come prepared. Did n’t anyone go to school or become a boy scout?

Anyway, preorder at everyplace that offers a bonus, then cancel or return the game once you get your code. Just be sure not to open the game at each retailer. It works every time and hopefully this will teach them to cut trying to screw consumers.

Soon enough they’ll hate getting all these returns and stock that they have no use for. I’m doing my part to break up this consumer travesty, now it’s time to do yours.

+ Newcloud on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Will I be able to use the costumes I bought on ps3 on the vita version?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Absolutely. All costumes you bought for LBP1 or LBP2 will work in LBP PS Vita.

Unfortunately, due to the sheer amount of costumes and the work that goes into making them compatible some costumes will not be available when the game launches. But we are doing our best to make them available as soon as possible.

+ JuggaloMars on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

This is the game I picked to with my vita when I won it from Taco Bell and I’m so excited it’s finally coming. I know it will have been worth the wait.

+ tomstockmail on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Can you let us know when the cross-controller patch for LBP2 will go live? I’m interested in playing with this new feature and LBP2 is one of the only games I know of that will have it.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 4th, 2012 at 2:06 am said:

The Cross-Controller DLC for LittleBigPlanet 2 is still quite some time off.

We have an exciting month ahead of us though with the release of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita!

+ Winterwolf2010 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

@Steven Is LittleBigPlanet PS Vita required (Or can be used) with the cross controller feature for LittleBigPlanet 2 on the PS3, or will that feature just be available with LBP2 DLC? I am hoping the more games coming out, including those already on the PSN store will start to incorporate this feature. Fallout 3/Fall out New Vegas for example would be awesome to use cross controller with. Using the Vita as your PipBoy… :D

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 4th, 2012 at 2:08 am said:

We haven’t finished the Cross-Controller DLC yet, so I can’t give you a definitive answer just yet.

However we’re aiming to make the content available to all players, even those without a PlayStation Vita and as such we’re including some new tools and features that will not require the PlayStation Vita.

At a minimum though, you will probably need at least one online player with a PlayStation Vita when playing through the new Story and collecting Prize Bubbles.

+ grisleyadams31 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

uhhh ok 11… anyway everyone here and not here yet. try out “Gigidy17″ progressive entry on lbp. you will like it.. good luck on fightin “The Man” 11 .. good day to you all

+ grisleyadams31 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

LBP 2

+ grisleyadams31 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

believe me you’ll enjoy it.

+ Beast780 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

I’ll be grabbing this and FIFA in September on Vita!

+ packy17 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Please let me preorder digitally. I don’t want to give GameStop my money and Amazon charges too much for shipping if you aren’t a Prime member. Best Buy is unreliable and will sell your preorder. So please… let me buy it straight from the Vita store! I’ll give you my money right now!

+ D-Squad3 on September 3rd, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

So what did the winning shirt look like?

+ xClayMeow on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

Is there any way to claim the World Peace Day costume online (on a PC)? I plan on picking up the AC3 Vita bundle in October, so don’t have it yet.

+ IIL0YDII on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

You said you’ll bring more information about preorder bonuses of digital version closer to release date,isn’t it a good time to mention it?Do customers who get digital version get something or is it better to buy it somewhere else?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on September 4th, 2012 at 12:41 am said:

We will hopefully be able to make an announcement really soon.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Have the game paid off :-) very excited to get my hands on it. I was in the beta and was very please. remarkable job from what I’ve seen ;-)

+ polo155 on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Once im done here i will pre order from amazon but my question is;

1. does LBP Vita have online multiplayer?

2. Will it mesh with LBP 2 on PS3 in any way?

Thanks!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on September 4th, 2012 at 12:42 am said:

1. Yup, you can play with up to four players.

2. No, but as mentioned in the post, you will be able to use the costumes you bought for LBP2 in LBPV

+ banjo5150 on September 3rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

I cannot wait the main reason I bought a Vita. The Wife and I love LBP, I travel a lot for work so I got her a Vita also so we can play LBP when I am in hotels. I hear this is the definitive version of LBP!!! Thanks guys for putting in all the work on this title.

+ banjo5150 on September 3rd, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Also can you tell me if the Pink Stars skin and blue hair with pig tails made it in those were stock items in LBP 1 and LBP 2? Those are the 2 main components my wife’s sackgirl are made from. She would be heart broken if they are not there.

+ Teflon02 on September 3rd, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

@25
I was in the Beta and I can confirm Online Multiplayer the same as ps3.
I can’t comment on the second question seeing the beta was just a few premade levels and what ever was made by the community with VERY limited tools, but even so I gotta say I believe just from the Beta it’s possible for it to top LBP2 just for the simple fact you can save level progress!!

+ Bcrazyman on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

really awsome game cant wait for the game any word on any demo or any word about any thing coming with the game? need to know thanks!

+ Bcrazyman on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

hey i played every game of little big planet 1&2 very awsome cant wait for this game because im getting my vita and cant wait for this ! playstation is got a big selction of games for the vita cant wait for more games! thanks great job on doing this game! looks great! great job! also have a very good labor day and enjoy it!

+ Xabdos on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

I seriously can’t wait for the game, although there are a lot of huge titles coming out, LittleBigPlanet-Vita (Along side AC3 ) is a game that I’m extremely excited about, I already believe it is going to be the best LBP yet, and I wasn’t really the type of person who creates a lot on LBP, but now with the Vita controls and endless possibilites to create long or short games that have nothing to do with LBP is just mind-blowing. It’ll be like it’s own appstore with free games !

Sony should make a separate PSVita app just for downlading LBP user created levels.

+ macy113 on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

Yes the game well have online multiplayer it was announced in the first trailer.

+ saskamazon on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

22 days & counting ! yea …. I think this version may be the jewel in the crown …. imagine the create function with a portable camera – pretty much anything can be incorporated into level creation …. I bought my Vita b/c of this game & was disappointed when it was delayed from its June release …. but this will be an awesome Sept. release ….. I will be at the store on the 25th ! would far rather the digital version, but until I upgrade my almost full 8 gb card to the 32 gb, guess I have to go retail …. I don’t sell / trade my games anyway, but I would have wished it to be installed instead of the cartridge …

+ macy113 on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

21 days and 6 hours I cannot wait and the fact that europe gets it 6 days early and they well be uploading videos of the game making me want it even more.

+ chowder_07 on September 3rd, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

Will there be a DLC available on the launch of LBPV?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 4th, 2012 at 2:14 am said:

We will have a brand new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Rare T-Shirt and the re-release of the Launch Spacesuit Costume released with LittleBigPlanet Planet PS Vita! So keep your eyes peeled for news of those soon!

Going forward, all Costume DLC will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

We plan to continue supporting all three games with regular content releases, just as we have done so with the original LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2.

+ polo155 on September 3rd, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Thanks teflon02

+ djml9 on September 3rd, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

@35 yes, everything from lbp1 & 2.

is there any news on the week one release day shirt for lbpv or lbpk, ive been saving for months. And im so glad im fanally getting this game. This was my 2011 christmas present.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 4th, 2012 at 2:15 am said:

There will be a new Rare T-Shirt released during the first week of release for both games, we’ll have the full details for the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Rare T-Shirt soon. ;)

+ Daint- on September 3rd, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

I cannot wait for little big planet vita. I love this game so much. I pre-ordered lbp vita when it was lbp unstitched!

+ Shatgan on September 3rd, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

Looking forward to play this game :D, the beta was awesome!

+ Shadowbhiemes on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

I might have to ask for a Vita on my birthday instead of christmas. LBP Vita is a must get!

Any word on the results for the LBP Karting T-Shirt design contest? I entered and I’ve been eagerly anticipating the results for quite a while now.! Thanks.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Great! Another games exclusively to PlayStation Vita that can ONLY be played on PlayStation Vita.

That is exactly what Sony needs to do. The exclusive PlayStation Vita games are the games that can ONLY be played on PlayStation Vita and cannot be played on PlayStation 3/4 no matter what, like this game and Tearaway, and release all games that can be played on both PlayStation 3/4 and PlayStation Vita for both consoles with Cross Buy and Cross Everything.

That is exactly what should be done and that will make everyone own a PlayStation 3/4 and a PlayStation Vita. PlayStation would be the only video game brand for everyone. PlayStation would dominate and be the undisputed champion. If Sony wants people to buy a PlayStation Vita (including me) that is what Sony has to do.

Once Sony does that I will buy a PlayStation Vita and this game.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Something I want to say about LittleBigPlanet though, stop releasing content as paid DLC that should be free and for the content that can’t be free release them with fair prices not overpriced. That’s what makes me wait until the “Game of the Year Edition” comes out with all the DLC already included because I’m a smart consumer and I’m not going to pay for content that should be released free or that is overpriced.

+ saskamazon on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

I’ve bought the level packs …. $6 for the additional levels I thought was pretty reasonable. & you get all the goodies out of the levels …. the Muppet / Marvel / Toy Story add ons were well worth it – IMO. although they should have included the costume packs as well …. anyway, this one will be a blast.

+ TERMINATOR543 on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Quick Question: I know that all the items that I have earned and bought transfer over between LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting, but what about LittleBigPlanet PSP and Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves?

Also will the stuff I earn through LittleBigPlanet Karting and LittleBigPlanet Vita transfer over to LittleBigPlanet 2? I ask this because I have noticed that my stuff from LittleBigPlanet 2 does not transfer over to LittleBigPlanet 1. Or does it and I have just not realized it?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 4th, 2012 at 2:18 am said:

It’s only Costume DLC that will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

Each game’s Story Mode Costumes will remain exclusive to their respective games and creation content such as Level Packs will be exclusive to the game that they were designed for.

LittleBigPlanet PSP and Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves are totally seperate titles and will not support the Costume DLC for the other three games.

+ The5rozos on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

No footage from PAX 2012? :(

I was looking forward to it being covered.

+ Cloud_X1 on September 3rd, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

awesome! I wish little big planet would have a record feature, so i can record what i play and upload it to youtube

+ xEBKxAMANDA on September 3rd, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Yawn.! Xboxlive here i come lol

+ Teflon02 on September 3rd, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

@iiGeTMoNeY23
you still going on with this non-sense? Take a business course, learn marketing and math. And tell me that’s logical, cuz its not

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on September 3rd, 2012 at 7:33 pm said:

@44 TERMINATOR543

I want to know this too. Everything LittleBigPlanet should be compatible with all LittleBigPlanet games.

+ webbiken on September 3rd, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

Thank you tarsier and double 11!!! I’ve been waiting for this game since June 2011 (longest wait of my life) and I swear I watched that first trailer about a 100 times the first day I saw it.

PAGE 1 2