PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Killzone Trilogy joins PlayStation Collection on October 23rd

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 06, 2012 // Product Manager, SCEA

Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).

Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

In addition to Killzone HD, the Trilogy also includes Killzone 2. Act 2 in the series brought an even more ambitious sense of scale, storytelling and action to the franchise. Finally, the breathtaking last installment — Killzone 3 — rounds out the set. It’s an endless cinematic warfare experience in one jam-packed bundle.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
  • Steel & Titanium Map Pack
  • Flash & Thunder Map Pack
  • Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
  • Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

Check back often — there will be more news as we march toward launch, and you’ll find it here on PS.Blog.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Elvick_ on September 6th, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

So, no Move or 3D support for Killzone HD?

+ Yohmaru_EX on September 6th, 2012 at 6:29 am said:

Wooooooooooooooooooooow. i can’t believe in my eyes!!!! Killzone HD!!!! THANK YOU SONY!!!!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 6th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Indeed!

+ QuantumMercury on September 6th, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

Will the Killzone 1 HD remake have trophies?

+ QuantumMercury on September 6th, 2012 at 6:31 am said:

Ahhhh, nevermind my post, I just saw “along with full Trophy support.”

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 6th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

Wouldn’t be the same without it :)

+ mtnman3888 on September 6th, 2012 at 6:32 am said:

Any chance of these titles releasing separately on PSN? Not sure if I want to pick up the whole collection since I’ve already played 2 and 3, thanks.

+ Torgo on September 6th, 2012 at 6:35 am said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

+ IIL0YDII on September 6th, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

Any comment on this being patched or released with remote play support?

+ Mikey1123 on September 6th, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

Killzone 2 opening cinematic is the best in video game history. FACT.

+ Xer0Signal on September 6th, 2012 at 6:39 am said:

I’m excited to see KZ HD, as, I never played the original.

Would like to see a PSN release for that one though, since, I already own 2, 3, and all the map packs.

Thanks!

+ G-Force08 on September 6th, 2012 at 6:39 am said:

Will Killzone HD be available as a separate PSN download or something? I already have KZ 2 and 3, so I would only be interested in getting KZ HD.

Either way, this is awesome that another great collection is coming out. Keep it up SCEA!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 6th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

Yes, KZ HD will be available as a stand alone PSN download. More info to come

+ truongtantai on September 6th, 2012 at 6:40 am said:

3 dics in one box or 2 dics for Killzone 2,3 and voucher for 1 ?

+ Midrashim on September 6th, 2012 at 6:41 am said:

WOW, this is a great collection. But since I already own KZ2 and KZ3, I want a stand alone copy of the original Killzone at PSN to download. Just one question: Does the controls of KZ and KZ2 remain the same? KZ3 controls are perfect and very different from his brethren’s controls. Regards.

+ binaryghost on September 6th, 2012 at 6:45 am said:

But will it have Remote Play support? Show us Vita owners some love Sony!

+ SirTrigalot on September 6th, 2012 at 6:47 am said:

I hope these are separated and sold on PSN as well since I already own KZ2, KZ3 and KZ3 MP.

+ Enforcer_X on September 6th, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

This ROCKS Sony!
Thank you! Can’t wait to play Killzone 1 in HD!

+ deltakong on September 6th, 2012 at 6:54 am said:

Will you also throw in a download code for killzone 3 multiplayer so we all can get 4 platinums?

+ KentBlake on September 6th, 2012 at 6:58 am said:

I really hope the first game gets released separately on PSN. I think most people already have 2 & 3, and will only buy the first one. At least that’s my case.

+ Motherboop on September 6th, 2012 at 7:00 am said:

Missed all three of these games. Excited to see Killzone 1 coming with full trophy support! This will make a great Xmas present.

+ vanwinkle on September 6th, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

Wow, great deal. Will the framerate be fixed in the first game? I want to be able to play an enjoyably playable version!

+ FORMIK on September 6th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

This is a great deal! I remember making the tough decisions to go with Resistance over Killzone (Resistance won over because of the alternate history), so I am glad to not only see the latter two but also the original.
I think it’s time to play some Killzone from my PSP on my Vita!

+ D-Squad3 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

This is why Killzone never released on PSN. Hmm I already have KZ2 and KZ3 but I really want KZ1 in HD with trophies! Decisions decisions.

+ Richard919 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

AWESOME ! Will Killzone 1 be sold Seperately? I own all 3 of these but would definitely love to go back thru the hd version of K1!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 6th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Yes it will. More info to come on that shortly

+ BloodiedWraith on September 6th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

They just announced on Twitter that Killzone HD will be released separately, which is awesome since I already own 2 and 3.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

I have never played Killzone one so I guess I’m going to give my cousin Killzone two and three and end up getting the trilogy pack. I love these collections as I got the god of war Saga ratchet and clank collection and the infamous collection. By the way I just want to make you guys aware that in the back of a package of the god of war Saga it says that God of war three supports 3-D which it doesn’t so it’s false advertising I forgive you but some other consumers might not:-/

+ actio1_618 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

+ johnnyp70 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

The covers of these collections are almost worth the price of admission themselves. They are truly beautiful. Well done. Maybe some third parties could get in on the fun?

+ YouFromTheFuture on September 6th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

@11 I’m pretty sure it’s going to be 2 disc and the voucher (for kzHD).
@Sony It would go over really well if you were to make Killzone HD available as a separate purchase; $15 (or $10 :D) for plus users, and $20 for everyone else.

+ DrZombie on September 6th, 2012 at 7:18 am said:

Hi There it’s possible to get just Killzone HD, I had already the 2 and 3???Thanks Happy to see that great game back!!!

+ soundandvision77 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Awesome news. Finally we can see Killzone 1 in HD. I’m sure it will be pretty clunky after KZ2 and 3, but it will be great to try it out. And trophies too!

+ FerPSX on September 6th, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

I already own KZ2 and KZ3, I just want Killzone HD!! (please $10 for PS Plus)

+ TwinDad on September 6th, 2012 at 7:31 am said:

I like the collections, keep them coming. Not a fan of killzone, however many are.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on September 6th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

@#1, uhmmmm look at the box for the game, it CLEARLY says there’s 3D and Move support…

and @#3, yesssss…. says right there in the article…

+ MrSoloLobo on September 6th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

YES! I’ve only played 3 and I loved it so much I platinumed it :). Now I can play 1 and 2 at a cheap price.

+ Attababyitzaboy on September 6th, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

Is the multiplayer going to be specific to each game or will it be one multiplayer that includes ALL the map packs?

+ KazeEternal on September 6th, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

@Ken Chan
1) Is the DLC on disc or Download? (On disc may make it worth buying the other two games over again)
2) Is any of this content downloaded? (If KZ HD is a download I may just skip the cool box)
3) How Many discs in this box?
4) When can we expect details on the standalone copy of KZ HD?
5) How much polish can we expect for KZ HD?
6) Thank you for giving us the HD release and pulling out of the PS2 Classic before anyone purchased it.

+ C-0719 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

will Killzone HD be aviable for a digtal download? i already own Killzone 2 and 3 and its dlc so i wouldnt want to spend 40bucks on stuff i already own.

+ Apeman24 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

good luck getting the killzone2 platinum. It relies to heavily on multiplayer. I am guessing 1 will be available on psn?

+ Apeman24 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

Oh and I think 3 is the best one.

+ dh4645 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

bought killzone years ago to replay it, but never got around to it.

will there be a way just to download killzone HD???

i already have 100% of trophies in KZ2 & KZ3…unless those trophies will be different from the originals.

+ Draco416 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

Question: I already have a platinum for KZ3. Will I have to get it again or will it recognize my other KZ3?

+ nOObSLAYER on September 6th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

@# 1 – I’d much rather have a PsMove/Navigator/Sharpshooter enable patch for KILLZONE 2. Anywho @ Mr. Chan, will only KZ3 support Move Support?

+ U-N000 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

Hey ken a quick question, Do you guys look at the blog share Hd collection polls when thinking about making these collections? Just wondering, since there is a big collection that people really want.

+ YouFromTheFuture on September 6th, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

@Sony From now on, can you add move support to all the games in the trilogy. For instance, Killzone 3 supports move; it would be sweet if killzone 2 and HD supported move as well. Although it may be too late for killzone, I hope this can be applied to the rest of the collections; namely Uncharted …

Speaking of Move and Uncharted: in addition to move based shooting, it would be awesome if (ala golden abyss) you could use the move to paint the path you wish to climb etc…

+ dh4645 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

@37 KZ2 plat wasn’t extremely hard, it just took a lot of hours to get that top 1% trophy.

my proudest plat!

+ snakeeyes211 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am said:

Can you guys add the ratchet and clank future. trilogy to the collection and add trophy support for all games pretty please:-)

+ Schumi_77 on September 6th, 2012 at 7:57 am said:

So, no MOVE support for KZ2 … too bad, not for me u__u

+ cwlykh on September 6th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

the best news ever!!!!

+ dh4645 on September 6th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

@47 well maybe not EVER, but it’s still pretty good. hah

+ KazeEternal on September 6th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

@44 dh4645

It is actually harder than you think to get the KZ2 platinum. That 1% is difficult to get into and requires religious monitoring of the positions. Your stats may take into account time, but when you get players like Killionaire or myself on there it becomes much harder for an average player to build up a good set of ratios to move up the polls. When I got my platinum a friend of mine and myself spent a week trying to get into the top 1% together. I managed to get into the top percentile and only needed to put 2 to 3 hours in a day and most of sunday to stay in that top percentage. My friend who played more than I did and still couldn’t get into that top 1% until that sunday rolled around and he just barely got in. I’ve known a few people who have given up at this point.

KZ2 between its final battle on the hardest difficulty and the multiplayer trophy is probably the hardest PSN Platinum to get that isn’t built purely on actual goals that involve skill and not pure mindless grinding *glares at fighting games absurd number of matches to play and Resistance 2*.

+ NHDrumline17 on September 6th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Will this be available digitally as well on the PSN like the other collections?

PAGE 1 2 3 4