PS4-The Order

Killzone Trilogy joins PlayStation Collection on October 23rd

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 06, 2012 // Product Manager, SCEA

Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).

Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

In addition to Killzone HD, the Trilogy also includes Killzone 2. Act 2 in the series brought an even more ambitious sense of scale, storytelling and action to the franchise. Finally, the breathtaking last installment — Killzone 3 — rounds out the set. It’s an endless cinematic warfare experience in one jam-packed bundle.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
  • Steel & Titanium Map Pack
  • Flash & Thunder Map Pack
  • Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
  • Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

Check back often — there will be more news as we march toward launch, and you’ll find it here on PS.Blog.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Elvick_ on September 7th, 2012 at 2:50 am said:

@139: Read my last comment (120). Your argument is ignorant. Just like the other person’s argument too.

+ Elvick_ on September 7th, 2012 at 2:50 am said:

@147: Dude, go to the Europe blog. This article was posted there first. Says the 24th of October for them.

+ Elvick_ on September 7th, 2012 at 2:54 am said:

@99: That’s not true. Shadow of the Colossus was held back by the hardware. It had framerate issues, and you couldn’t actually see the detail in the textures either. The HD version uses the same textures, and fixed the framerate.

It’s true for most, that’s for sure. So your point is still valid. I loved Killzone, despite it’s flaws. It was ahead of it’s time. I’m looking forward to playing it again.

+ donkeypunch12312 on September 7th, 2012 at 5:10 am said:

Killzone has the worst multiplayer on earth……But, THE CAMPAIGN IS FREAKIN EPICLY AMAZING! Thats probably the only reason why i would buy it.

+ jdgkorn on September 7th, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

I cannot wait to play “KILLZONE 1 HD” !!
Now i have to go Add “Funds” to my “Wallet”
:-)

+ xNEFREKTOMYx on September 7th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

AMAZEBALLS! I cannot wait. I’ve never finished Killzone 1 even though I bought a PS2 earlier this year just to play it. Back in storage it goes while I wait to play it in 3D, HD… and hopefully via Remote Play on Vita. Killzone 2 & 3 are the primary reason I own a PS3. Thank you Sony! You just made autumn for me. I am going to play them all again in order. I also like how they’re going to release a digital version of 1 for those that already own 2 and 3 on disc.

+ Swordfish64 on September 7th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

SOCOM HD Trilogy or Bust :-)
Seriously, I would be willing to bet there are more people playing Socom Confrontation and Socom 4 online than the Killzone games. A SOCOM HD Trilogy would no doubt be the most popular first party PSN game, take that to the bank.

+ Randinator-_001 on September 7th, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

another great irresistible bundle :)

+ forest1903 on September 8th, 2012 at 7:30 pm said:

I sure as hell won’t be buying it if I have to input a 21-digit code and wait for a download in order to obtain some map packs that can more than easily be put on the disk to begin with.

+ Poorte2211 on September 9th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

Can’t wait!
Will Killzone HD also have an improved AI?

+ GED_ROCK-L33 on September 10th, 2012 at 7:15 pm said:

I own all three and im still going to buy it that way i can have duplicates of them. Mainly because i love the killzone series enough.

+ DRAQ-520 on September 10th, 2012 at 10:45 pm said:

Awesome!! any chances of a Resistance trilogy?

+ Zero_666 on September 11th, 2012 at 10:40 pm said:

did the developers take any time to fix the issues that Killzone had? or is it a straight port. issues or not, i loved the game, but felt the world to be a bit barren and graphical glitches galore. still, KZ was a game that was ahead of its time with its gameplay that was more realistic than anything i had ever felt before and its cinematic graphics. it looked like it belonged on a next gen system.

+ dariusjr98 on September 14th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

I will definitely buy this. I bought Killzone 3, and I must say, it is the most balanced and polished multiplayer experience I have ever had with first-person-shooters. the campaign was pretty amazing, too, and the end left me hanging (Killzone 4, anyone?). I think I’ll sell 3 and buy this.

+ the_man72 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

So can’t wait , so love killzone series …..actually KZ2 is what got me addicted to FPS . So will pre-order is yay

+ Un3r-God-ind1 on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

Does this have 3d support for all 3 games or is it just for Killzone 3? Will Killzone play much better than it did on playstation 2, meaning: no bad A.I., glitches, bugs, or getting stuck in areas, ect…?

+ wingkido on September 27th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

Does KZ2 in the Trilogy come with the precison patch ?

+ c3RAMburger on September 30th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Excellent. I had a feeling when they canceled the original’s PSN release earlier this year that they were going to instead give it the update it deserves.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on October 2nd, 2012 at 8:38 pm said:

I have never played any of Killzone. It seems with this collection coming out it’s the perfect time to get into the game. I really hope it’s worth it . Collections seem to be made up of the best games available on PLAYSTATION so it’s gotta be.

PAGE 1 2 3 4