Driveclub

Sack it to Me: The Awesomesauce LittleBigHub

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Sep 10, 2012 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Community Highlight – LittleBigHub

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

We start this week with an incredible contribution to the community from John Holtkamp, known to most by the name amazingflyingpoo.

Last week he released his brand new and totally free LittleBigHub App, which is a rather nifty little tool that will allow you to follow creators, queue levels and keep up-to-date with all the latest activity on LBP.me !

To check out this amazing application for yourself, head on over to LittleBigLand.com to see what LittleBigHub can offer you!

This isn’t the first time that we have featured amazingflyingpoo in Sack it to Me, in fact he’s contributed so much to the community that he has already been awarded both the Rare Prize Crown and the Awesomesauce Pin!

So due to his continued contributions to the LittleBigPlanet community and the fact that he is already Awesomesauce approved; I instead gave amazingflyingpoo the opportunity to nominate a fellow community member for the Awesomesauce Pin

Special Awesomesauce Award – ShadowriverUB

There is one person who comes to mind that has done so many things for this community that I still cannot believe he has time to sleep (and I am not convinced that he does). In fact, this person actually planted the idea for LittleBigHub in my mind in the first place and helped me develop it. That person would be ShadowriverUB!

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

This community member has also established a means for all of us to listen to music that was made in LBP. Before LittleBigAudio was created by this person, I honestly didn’t realize that there was such an incredible music scene in LittleBigPlanet.

That still isn’t all that he has done. He is also one of the major contributors to the LittleBigPlanet Wiki. He has an active YouTube account as well which has recently been used to post LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta levels and in-depth tutorials, which I imagine will be invaluable for newcomers once LittleBigPlanet Karting launches!

So it is a true honour for me to be able to award an Awesomesauce Pin to ShadowRiverUB!

With such an astounding list of achievements in LittleBigPlanet, I couldn’t agree more with his choice of recipient for the coveted Awesomesauce Pin award, and with such dedication to the community, I cannot wait to see what new and exciting things community members like ShadowRiverUB will bring to LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting when they’re released later this year!

Mm Picks

After all the excitement over the LittleBigHub and our Awesomesauce community award, it’s time to round off this week’s update with your weekly selection of Mm Picks, showcasing some of our favorite level creations from the LittleBigPlanet community.

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

THE FORKLIFT [1P Only] by OG_3-S

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

Touch Of Nature by missyhifi

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

Bearry Button’s Mansion (part1) up to the attic by Z1091990

Sack it to Me: 9-10-2012

Cinderella jpn by candy2537

+ snakeeyes211 on September 10th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Awesome

+ ASC2175 on September 10th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

This is all greatness….but….is there…like…and estimated release month for that Cross-Controller DLC? Like….any….vague….detail to give?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 10th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Not quite yet, we haven’t finished the Cross-Controller DLC, so I can’t really give you a specific date.
    It will likely come a little while after LittleBigPlanet Karting is released though.

+ JimmyHACK on September 10th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

@1 Sauce!

+ Jak23ft on September 10th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

You know what would be even MORE awesomesauce? LBP Cross-controller release date! /hopeful

+ ShoePotato on September 10th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Excuse me Steven but, This is a question about the DLC Costumes For vita: I Got the LBP Game of the year edition, and it came with Some DLC packs(MGS, History, Monsters), Now i understand that these DLC are actually on Disk and Install on your hard drive rather than a voucher and you put them on your download list, Now will Those DLC costumes work with the Vita even though they’re on Disk? Or is it only the ones You purchased and on your download list that you can use in LBP Vita? Thanks.

Btw, Pre-Orderd LBPV! I Just cant wait!

+ Nick930930 on September 10th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

Very cool stuff. Glad to see you guys are still keeping that game alive and afloat. I have been pretty swamped with work recently and researching a nice new TV to play LBP Karting on ;)

Hey StevenI, there should be a Playstation Vita app just like this LittleBigHub app so that we can use our vita to find fun levels to play! It would be a great addition and would help sell units for LBP Vita for sure with easy accessibility and the possibility to autolaunch the game from the application.

+ Nick930930 on September 10th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

@ 5 ShoePotato

If it’s anything like how LBP1 -> LBP2 data conversion worked, you’ll be able to import your profile and the costumes on your profile will transfer over to LBPVita. This will only include the costumes from dlc however. So technically you should still be able to enjoy hopping around as ole Solid Snake portable style.

+ The5rozos on September 10th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

@4 It might just be better to focus on LBP Vita and Karting, I think the Cross-controller DLC will come mid-November at the earliest.

@5 Sorry but only the costume DLC is compatible with LBP Vita, not the level kits/packs such as the MGS one.

Honestly can’t wait for the LBP Vita game release. I’ll probably be tempted to bring my Vita to my classes to sneak in a couple levels. ;)

+ The5rozos on September 10th, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

@7 Darn, beat me to it!

+ Nick930930 on September 10th, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

Guys expect the cross-controller dlc to come out around Christmas time or in the following months after Christmas. Keep in mind that releasing downloadable content is scheduled to maximize sales of the full game. So Christmas time would be a perfect time for people to pick up a copy of the game, and new content will make it that much more desirable. It could also be sold after the holidays in the dead season to help boost sales after people have stopped shopping. This is only a theory though, who knows what Sony and Mm plan to figure all this stuff out.

+ Nick930930 on September 10th, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

@ 8 The5rozos

I wouldn’t recommend playing in class. Unless it’s a reeeeaaally boring lecture class ;)

+ Brapp347 on September 10th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

It was really nice to put shadowriverUB on here. He used my music for 2 of his levels and he’s a really great guy. He puts so much work into making the lbp community great.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 11th, 2012 at 4:44 am said:

Oh yeah, with his LittleBigAudio YouTube Channel, there’s no denying that ShadowriverUB has a love for all the music composers in the LittleBigPlanet community! :)

+ fmxTr on September 10th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Lol, my dad wants me to get this game for some reason!

+ Budapesti on September 10th, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

Steven, can you confirm that Stephen Fry will return as the narrator in LBP:V? I know he’s doing LBP Karting, but I’ll really miss him if his dulcet tones don’t appear in the Vita version.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 11th, 2012 at 4:45 am said:

Stephen Fry will most certainly return in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and we even have some brand new Stephen Fry gibberish voices that you will be able to use in your own levels!

+ Boxster17 on September 10th, 2012 at 7:04 pm said:

Any news on if they’ll have pre-order bonuses for those who wish to purchase it digitally for LBP Vita? Likely going to be picking up the digital version regardless of any bonus content, but would still be nice to get included on those.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 11th, 2012 at 4:46 am said:

News coming very soon on that now, I promise. ;)

+ cnada401 on September 10th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

Oh so the cross controller feature is only a gimmick to buy dlc? If i get this dlc , will i be able to play
every level in Little big planet cross-controlling or will it only work on levels in the dlc?

+ Nick930930 on September 10th, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

@ 16 cnada401

All DLC is a gimick. It’s getting you to buy content for a game you already own so they can make some extra cash and give you a bit of content to keep playing.

But no, if you buy this dlc, it will give you a bunch of levels that use the cross-controlling feature AS WELL AS the tools to make your own cross-controlling levels. It’ll be just like the Move Controller Pack.

Whether or not the vita will work as a controller for all levels is not certain, but you certainly won’t see sackboy jumping in and out between the TV and Vita in “Tower of Whoop” from what I understand.

+ RockyFalcoa on September 11th, 2012 at 3:14 am said:

I love LittleBigPlanet !!!

+ Schm078 on September 11th, 2012 at 7:35 am said:

I dunno, but this artist is awesome. Ahem

+ rajendra82 on September 11th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

This might not be the right post to ask this in, but maybe it is. Do we get the pre-order costumes for LBP Vita if we get it on PSN

+ viceforce on September 11th, 2012 at 5:04 pm said:

I new patch for LBP2 just downloaded on my system via plus. So what does this patch do exacity. I thought it was the Cross Controller feature but nothing is happening. Then I thought it was remote play, but thats not working either. So what does this patch mean?

+ The-taco-man010 on September 12th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

is there any way to play the ps3 levels or at least transfer them to vita from the lbp2 moon :(
and why not i mean it’s pretty much the same thing but without the touch features that aren’t even necessary to play them and you could swap r2 and L2 with the right and left side of the touchpad

+ Boxster17 on September 12th, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Steven :) Mainly wanted the digital version so I can pick up and play whenever without having to worry about bringing a game card with me all the time. Really looking forward to having a game like this to play on the Vita.

+ Jamin9898 on September 13th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

i would buy this game if it comes earlier but too bad :( Ive been waiting for this game since january.

+ JQM78 on September 15th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Got my copy at gamestop yesterday… what’s up with the servers, though?

Btw, thank u for dropping the street date!!

+ DJ_Capro on September 17th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Hey can someone tell me if user levels are stored on either the game cart or the memory card? I am trying to decide if I’m picking up the physical cart but it only makes sense if the extra content is stored there, seeing as it’s a relatively small download for the game itself. Thanks!