Bloodborne

Sackboy Popping Up Early on PS Vita

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Sep 15, 2012 // SCEA PR Manager

Hi everyone – production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected, and due to the excitement from our retail partners, some have decided to put it on shelves as soon as the product was received. You’ll still be able to fully enjoy all the offline features of the game, but the servers will not go live until September 18th. We apologize for any confusion this may cause and will keep you posted on any further updates.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Frazz on September 15th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

So it’s up to the retailer or have they all been told to go ahead?

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

We’re not specifically instructing them to sell it now, but we’re also not telling them they can’t. So at this point, it’s up to each retailer.

+ IIL0YDII on September 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

You said you tell detail about digital preorder bonuses closer to release date,could you tell now?so I dont miss on bonuses if you got nothing for digital version.

+ Alkalyde on September 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

Having a great time playing offline! :) I can wait a few more days :)

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Good to hear it! Yeah, we’ve been prepping our servers for the 25th, so they’re not quite ready for action yet. Soon! :)

+ Astro411 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

What about the digital release, is it still set for the 25th or will be released early too?

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Yes, the digital release is still scheduled for 9/25.

+ TheGrimHeaper on September 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

Does this mean that the digital release will be this Tuesday now? o:

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Nope, the digital release is still slotted for the 25th.

+ Logan22 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

Yeah I got the GameStop text yesterday and was like “WTF?”

I’ll pick it up Tuesday when the Street Fighter set comes out.

+ aro52 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

How about putting the digital version up on PSN then!!

+ RoyalXIII on September 15th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

I hope Amazon gets it early.

+ jhernandez360 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

I picked mine up yesterday thank you! When can we go online??

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

You’ll be able to go online in just a few more days, the servers will be up on 9/18.

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 15th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Digital version please!

+ jhernandez360 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

Oops! Sept.18th .. having so much fun thanks again!

+ herbalsticky on September 15th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

I picked this game up yesterday at GS when I found out through my Twitter contacts that it went gold status. I also tried to preorder the Deluxe Wii U, but they were all sold out and said they weren’t getting more. Best Buy had ‘em though.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:15 pm said:

When can I use my pre-order code as they are not valid right now

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

We’re hoping to get all of the pre-order items up online as soon as possible, could be as early as 9/18.

+ herbalsticky on September 15th, 2012 at 2:17 pm said:

@13:
Use it now. It’ll still be there when the servers go up.

+ insano_jaco on September 15th, 2012 at 2:17 pm said:

We need the digital version released this next Store Update!

+ snakeeyes211 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:17 pm said:

When can I use my pre-order code as they are not valid right now??? by the way great job the game is amazing :-)

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

We’ve been prepping for the 25th, so some items have not been added to the PlayStation Store yet. They will be up soon – perhaps as early as the 18th, but definitely by the 25th.

+ chowder_07 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

I activated the pre-order DLC yesterday and it won’t give me the costumes will it activate on Tuesday?

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

We’ve been prepping for the 25th, so some items have not been added to the PlayStation Store yet. They will be up soon though – perhaps as early as tomorrow, but definitely by the 25th. :)

+ MushThePainter on September 15th, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

I’m in the process of moving right now so I have to hold off until the 18th anyways.. gives me time to beat MGS2.. this and Dishonored should keep me busy until PSASBR!!

+ herbalsticky on September 15th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

@17:
Yes, this has already been stated officially by Tarsier Studios.

+ JQM78 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

this is great! been playing the story mode and enjoying it….. can’t wait to see what the community has in store for us!!

+ guitarded77 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

Please inform Amazon so they can ship them out early… I’m waiting on them. I contacted GameStop and they’re already selling them. I pre-ordered through Amazon, and have to wait on them as the closest GameStop to me is 20 miles away (but they’re sold out), and I can’t be leisurely driving all over the world with gas at almost $4 a gallon. So, Sony, please inform Amazon so they will ship the game early. I contacted their customer support, but they’re kinda stupid.

+ Michael Buffaloe on September 17th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Since each retailer gets stock at different dates before launch, we can’t specifically instruct every retailer to release it now – they may not have enough stock yet. So they get to decide whether they are comfortable releasing it early or not. Sorry! :(

+ Tyler_stewart on September 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

What about EU? Are they getting it earlier as well?

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

EU release dates have not changed.

+ swweet on September 15th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

+1 for Digital Download on Tuesday, please.

Would be kind of a slap in the face to people who wanted to wait for the digital version (If it isn’t already…), if we had to wait ANOTHER week on top of the retail version.

+ KentBlake on September 15th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Another one for Digital Download this Tuesday. Can’t wait to play this.

+ Link01 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

well, this rocks and sucks. Rocks because I have LBP for my Vita.. sucks because I don’t have my costumes and can’t play with PSN friends :(

+ Astro411 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

The Asian PSN store is getting it on the 19th and if you buy it between the 19th and the 26th you get the pre-order bonuses, so why can’t we have the same treatment.

+ swweet on September 15th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Also, am I the only oine just… sighing that Sony is releasing the Digital Version later, regardless?

I seem to remember them making a big deal about Digital being the superior platform, earlier… how ironic :(

+ IIL0YDII on September 15th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

@Astro411
Because NA Sony can’t make digital preorder with bonuses for one of most beloved franchises,yet they can for such important titles as CS:GO.

+ swweet on September 15th, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

@IIL0YDII

I think he means, if you buy it within the first week.

They did it with Gravity Rush.

+ RedWingsFan95 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

picked up my pre order of little big planet yesterday,finished the story already its an amazing game.when i tried to enter the bonus dlc it said invaild any reason why?

+ swweet on September 15th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

@RedWingsFan95

DLC isn’t up until Tuesday. There has been no confirmation whether the digital game will be as well, but it would be silly… and rather mean… not too.

+ Figboy on September 15th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

Picked up my copy yesterday. I couldn’t wait until the 25th. Loving it so far. Tarsier did a fantastic job! I can’t wait to see what the creator community comes up with (and “ports” from the console version)!

Amazing game!

+ MisterC20XX on September 15th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

It’s great that you’re letting the game sell early, but as a loyal customer who is committed to digital-only purchases I’m feeling left out in the cold. :(

+ moe6142 on September 15th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

when will it hit psn then?

+ Astro411 on September 15th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

@IIL0YDII

They can easily do digital pre-orders for anything that will get released on the store but somehow first party titles don’t get much attention, the EU store has pre-orders for Assassin’s Creed 3 and LBP Karting and they come with bonuses too.

It’s just us who get the short end of the stick. :'(

+ lilnz3 on September 15th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

I hate u America. And SCEA.

+ Astro411 on September 15th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

I just checked the Tarsier Studios website and it says the game will be released on the 19th, hopefully that means in digital form too.

+ Astro411 on September 15th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Sorry about that, should have checked better:

Mainland Europe – Wednesday 19th September
ANZ, Spain and Japan – Thursday 20th September
UK, Ireland and Germany – Friday 21st September
Americas – Tuesday 25th September

+ almex2 on September 15th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Does this include the in-Game store?
BTW, this game is absolutely amazing!

+ emad-E-three on September 15th, 2012 at 3:58 pm said:

@Eric does the game has an Online Pass ???

Answer please :)

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

Yes, every game should come with an online pass.

+ ASC2175 on September 15th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

LBP Vita does have an online pass….cept I got mine free…and I’m still waiting to use my code for the Bioshock costumes.

+ swweet on September 15th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

C’mon, Eric. Atleast respond with a yes or no for us Digital peeps.

It would suck if we had to wait another week for this game, and if you’re already putting DLC up – why not? It’ll just make the PSN Store look bad, if you don’t put it up.

+ Shatgan on September 15th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

What?! That is awesome, i wish all games were like that, as soon ss they are made they are shipped lol

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

so that means the digital version is coming out this tuesday right? right? right? please say yes

+ insano_jaco on September 15th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

Eric, is that hard to make it available digital this week? You can start the upload tomorrow, it will be ready in time even with dial-up upload.

+ IIL0YDII on September 15th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

So people who buy digital version get any of preorder bonuses or not?Will there be a digital preorder in PS Store or not?Can you answer these questions or you don’t know answers?

+ Eric Levine on September 15th, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

We’ll news to share on this front by Monday, stay tuned.

+ NorthernLitez on September 15th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Thx for the heads-up. I checked and both Futureshop and Walmart Canada have them out now. I just picked up two copies and the kids are glued to their vitas. To me this game changes everything for the VITA as they will have unlimited games to play and they can create their own levels which is always fun…..THX

+ Darnell0216 on September 15th, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

So glad to see the game early. Got my pre-order availability text message from GameStop and thought the system glitched until I called and confirmed. I still want to know if the included code is just an online pass or will unlock the DLC as well when it becomes available.

+ saskamazon on September 15th, 2012 at 5:23 pm said:

thanks Sony for allowing early distribution ! my EB Games does not yet have any – I preordered from there for the bonus costumes …. I’ll try on Monday & hope they have it …. was too excited when I heard news of early sales ! fantastic ! great early surprise ! want to play through & get my goodies so I’m ready to try some level creation ….

+ Hogwild333 on September 15th, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

This is a classy way for you guys to handle this. Other publishers would be out banning people and getting all upset. We are all excited for it and we can’t wait to play it. Thanks for making a great Vita game for us.

PAGE 1 2 3 5