PS4-Watch_Dogs

Borderlands 2: Return to Pandora on Blu-ray and PSN Tomorrow

Chris Faylor's Avatar + Posted by Chris Faylor on Sep 17, 2012 // Community Manager, Gearbox Software

Hey Vault Hunters, the wait is nearly over! You’ve seen all the gameplay videos, you’ve read all the previews, you’ve possibly even played our demo at PAX, now it’s time for you to finally get your hands on Borderlands 2 for PlayStation 3 when it hits store shelves everywhere and PlayStation Network in North America Tuesday, September 18th! The development team at Gearbox Software has worked tirelessly over the last few years to make this game live up to the mantra “bigger, better, and more badass,” and we’re all so excited for you to experience the shooting and looting mayhem for yourself.

Borderlands 2 has 870 bazillion guns! According to our team’s math wiz, that’s approximately 800 bazillion more guns than the 17,750,000 that the Guinness Book of World Records said was in the first game!

From everyone at Gearbox Software and 2K Games, we’d like to thank you for your support, enthusiasm and encouragement while we developed this game. It’s been a wild ride and this Tuesday the mayhem begins — bring some friends!

Follow Gearbox and 2K Games on Twitter, and check out Borderlands 2 on Facebook.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

If I bought this on PSN will I receive the pre-order DLC? Would be great to know NOW since if I did then I would go for the PSN copy instead.

Chris Faylor's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on September 17th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Since it’s technically buying it on day 1, not pre-ordering, you won’t receive the pre-order bonus.

+ NHDrumline17 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

I second #1′s question. We need to know now if we want to get it. You have been very quiet on the matter, as myself and many other people have asked for weeks now. Please let us know.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Otherwise I am so excited for tomorrow!!! :)

+ ASC2175 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

YAAAAAAY! (Flails arns around in Kermit-like fashion)

+ ResistanceGTA on September 17th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I will third the initial question posed. That is the deciding factor right now on how I get the game, but I seriously doubt we’ll get the preorder bonuses, since we couldn’t preorder.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

@5 It would be a nice perk to have even though we wouldn’t be pre-ordering since we would be buying it on PSN and we won’t be able to resell it or lend it to a friend.

+ zingakun on September 17th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

I’ve seen lots of videos focusing on coop play. Will I have fun playing it alone #foreveralone?

+ Beattie_theBeast on September 17th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

@1 and 2

I highly doubt your getting bonuses because did the pre order the game or are you just buying? Just saying that I think I doubt you guys would get the bonus stuff.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

Borderland is a good game Looking forward to borderlands 2 ;-)

+ zingakun on September 17th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

BTW, can’t wait to see the real face of Handsome Jack. That mask don’t fool me!

+ Ryumoau on September 17th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Why did you guys NOT give NA members the option to preorder the game on psn but did give the european psn members? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
I bet you will still charge $60 for it too, despite it being digital and not coming with preorder Premiere Club content.
I hate saying this, since i love the first borderlands and think the developers are probably great people, but this is just being greedy.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

@8 Yes, I understand that but they should be rewarding users that buy games over PSN and if anything they should’ve allowed us to pre-order it monts ago. However, what is the point of buying it on PSN if you don’t get the same bonuses? If they added the pre-order bonus then it would give us more reason to buy it on PSN.

+ siegfried07 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

any chance of move support,

+ Ryumoau on September 17th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

@12 i’m honestly starting to think Sony America is just stupid. They have been screwing us over with the content we get with Plus, not giving us a 25% discount on renewing the subscription if we even had a desire to, now they can’t even convince Gearbox to give us the preorder bonus for the psn version. :/

+ ResistanceGTA on September 17th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

I think a response would be great, but, I’ve noted a severe lack of responses to anything anymore, unless its pointless comments. Let’s see if this would get a response.

This game is going to be the greatest game ever to exist ever.. ever.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

I mean it’s not hard to look over at the LBP post and see that they are giving both pre-order bonuses to users that buy the PSN copy during that week. Why is it so hard to do it for Borderlands as well?

+ LlamaD on September 17th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

If you all would do your research online about pre-orders for Borderlands 2, you would already know that you won’t be able to get any pre-order bonuses for those people who buy it through PSN.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

@17 Read @12

+ Conaaando on September 17th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

YES! Thanks, Sony! o/

+ NuBiXx on September 17th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Funny, this video is supposed to show the game on the PS3 yet it’s on the xbox.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

@20 Oh no! PS Blog crew assemble and fix the video!

+ Ryumoau on September 17th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

@7 forever alone? lol

+ krae_man on September 17th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

I am checking my mailbox hourly for the free copy you gave me at PAX Prime 2011!

+ Peregrinatio on September 17th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I have to say, Sony North America, your colleagues in Europe make you look really bad. I can’t believe that we weren’t able to preorder with bonuses.

I have to say that there are very few conclusions that I can come to as to why this didn’t happen. Someone along the chain is either 1) lazy, 2) greedy, or 3) incompetent.

+ Richlando on September 17th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

The Preload imo is the bonus. Downloaded the game 3 days ago and I can’t see why a 63kb file couldn’t be included for those buying the game on PSN in SCEA land. If its not included in the d/l for NA its a shame but the blame always comes down to $$..always.

+ Ryumoau on September 17th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

@ 24 and 25
i totally agree. It wouldn’t be so bad if they actually reduced the freaking price for the digital version.

+ Link01 on September 17th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

So… I know it’s been asked again and again. But is there going to be a discount on the PSN version? Hell, I’ll use up my HDD space and bandwidth in a heart beat to download/buy the PSN version… if it’s discounted for me having to use my HDD space and bandwidth……

+ Heatseeker125 on September 17th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

They don’t care because they know you will buy the PSN version anyway. Send them a message and don’t buy the PSN version. Buy the retail version. This is just going to keep happening over and over until you guys do something about it.

+ KrisButtar on September 17th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

@29, i know eh, i never buy them on the PSN until they are at a discount price.

+ Nithorias on September 17th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

I cannot believe that Sony America didn’t gave us the chance to pre-order the game for the bonuses, and I’m pretty sure that the digital version will cost $60 anyway >.< very disappointed with you Sony!

+ NHDrumline17 on September 17th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

So just clarification, there is NO PREMIER ACCESS for DIGITAL purchasers of Borderlands 2. SCEA, you just lost a sale for dropping the ball.

+ ResistanceGTA on September 17th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Kristine, let’s not use a technicality here.. cause we can pop over to the littlebigplanet article and see how week 1 equals preorder bonuses of sorts. Technicalities are just a cop-out. Just tell us that retailers had an agreement for preorders here in the states, and that’s what happened…

Chris Faylor's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on September 17th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

Since I don’t actually know what happened, only that the pre-order bonus isn’t included, I can’t tell you much more than that. :(

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

@Kristine Thanks for answering even though that I don’t like the answer at all, but it isn’t your fault. Hopefully its better next time around, but I am sticking to my retailer copy.

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

@36 At that point it would be even cheaper at retail than it would be on PS Plus or PSN.

+ BanzaiHeil on September 17th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

It is interesting that EU got the ability to pre-order digitally, including Premier Club bonus content and even the ability to pre-download the game. I’m curious if that was a developer decision, or a PSN decision. Doesn’t matter to is much, I’m buying on disc, but still I long for total gaming equality across all regions.

+ MrPatrick16 on September 17th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

@27 Nascar 2011?..SLICKT is that you?
On this debate about digital, i think its cool that its an easy convenient way of getting the game and i don’t care much for having anything special but, what i disagree with is the price. You don’t get a disc, a case, can”t resell it when done with it, and don’t get a booklet inside so why is it $60? I’m probably gonna get this digitally someday but i have always felt that digital games should always be $10 dollars cheaper than actually having a physical copy. Either way, for all you guys that get this game as soon as it comes out, do enjoy it because Borderlands was pretty awesome and a change up to what is mostly flooding the games department.

+ acelightning15 on September 17th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

please please please at least put the premier club up as dlc bonus content for a small fee. then digital buyers would have the option to purchase it for a small amount.

+ donkeypunch12312 on September 17th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

HELL YEAH I ALREADY PRE-ORDERED IT!

+ tdlypsdoff on September 17th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

Well, at least the Euro guys got to pre-order Borderlands 2 and get the bonus for doing so. I am getting tired of PSN North America dropping the ball all the time like this. Or maybe it is supposed to be a big F U to North America. People were asking about this for weeks on these very blogs and now you decide to show up to the party a day late and a few dollars over priced.

+ NEKORBSMAERD on September 17th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

I dont understand why everyone is upset that they are not letting pre orders be made on psn i mean if you wanted it that bad just go to gamestop and pre order it im sure they have a reason why they didnt give us psn pre order at least it is coming out on psn the first day insted of months and months after the release

cant wait until tomorrow…………… going to be one of the best games ever!!!!!!!

+ ResistanceGTA on September 17th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

Thank you for the response Kristine. I know they keep you in the dark, it’s not your fault.

Alas, I will keep my preorder active since we won’t get the freebies.

+ Elvick_ on September 17th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

EU owns NA in costumer service. Not just Sony either. Namco Bandai, Square Enix, most branches in EU are better imo.

+ Elvick_ on September 17th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Customer*

+ GeoDarky on September 17th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

My main account is US but i pre-ordered the game through my alt UK account how hard is that ?!
You people need to use your brain sometime though its just common sense

+ ResistanceGTA on September 17th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

We removed the trailer.. cause its for the 360?

+ Kchow23 on September 17th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

@50 Seems like so, makes sense considering that this is a PlayStation website.

+ Skrawney on September 17th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Yay for BL2, lol @psn for another xbox video. Jeebus, give it up on the nascar all ready. You had it right by calling it nadcar btw.

+ Thew902 on September 17th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

I can’t wait to pick up my preordered copy after work tomorrow on my way home. :)

+ cobolatrix on September 17th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

Well, it is sad that SCEA didn’t gave us the chance to preorder the game just because 2K just gave the Preorder bonuses to Gamestop and Wallmart.

+ CrusaderForever on September 17th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

Not sure why anyone that want’s Borderlands 2 would buy it of the PSN with no pre-order bonuses? Don’t get me wrong my whole Vita collection is digital with only 2GB available on my 32GB. But with bonuses like this it’s tough to buy digital:

Gearbox Gold Gun Pack – A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!
Golden Key – Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.
Vault Hunter’s Relic – Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter’s Relic.
New Character Class – Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available

PAGE 1 2 3