Uncharted 4

PlayStation is Coming to a College Near You

Michael Steranka's Avatar + Posted by Michael Steranka on Sep 17, 2012 // Marketing Promotions Specialist, SCEA

PlayStation On Campus

School is back in session, and while I love my job here at PlayStation, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of all of you playing video games in your dorms, getting ready for big home football games, and sleeping till noon. Even though I can’t go back to school this year, PlayStation certainly can! Starting this Thursday, September 20th, we’re launching the PlayStation On Campus Tour, sending two vans packed with PlayStation goodness to college campuses across America. At each stop on tour, we will be rolling out four decked out gaming spaces, each dedicated to an awesome PS3 or PS Vita title:

Battle Royale Ultimate Dorm Room

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

There’s no better way to relieve the stresses of college than to whomp on your friends with your favorite PlayStation characters. That’s why we’ve created the ultimate gaming dorm room, complete with couches, two 50” TV’s and six PS3s for maximum cathartic healing! The Campus Tour will be one of the only places you can get your hands on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before it comes out in November, so make sure you check out the Battle Royale Ultimate Dorm Room when we come to your school!

Assassin’s Hideaway

Assassin's Creed IIIAssassin's Creed III: Liberation

Step off your campus and into colonial America, 1775. That’s right, we’ve created an entire gaming space dedicated to Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation – two of the most highly anticipated games of the year. Whether you’re new to the franchise or a die-hard fan, I’m positive you will find yourself glued to the screen for these beauties.

PlayStation Stadium

Madden NFL 13NCAA 13

Are you ready for some football? We hope so, because a college tour wouldn’t be complete without paying homage to its great football culture (we’re even crashing a few tailgate parties on this tour). When you step onto the AstroTurf field at PlayStation Stadium, you better bring your ‘A’ game because you’ll need to rep your school and take out your rivals in NCAA Football 13 on PS3. For all you pro football fans out there, we’ll have eight PS Vitas for head-to-head gameplay in Madden NFL 13.

PlayStation Plus Members Club

PlayStation Plus

The fourth and final space in this tour has the largest array of games to play. We’re letting everybody get a taste of what it’s like to be a PlayStation Plus member by showing off all twelve titles in the PS Plus Instant Game Collection. To top it all off, we’re giving everybody who stops by one month of PlayStation Plus for free so you can take the experience home with you, or extend your subscription if you’re already a member.

Not only will you check out the awesome gaming spaces and get hands on with some of the hottest PlayStation titles, you’ll also be able get access to exclusive offers and deals, created specifically for you, the college student. Check here for a list of campuses we’ll be visiting in the first two weeks. We will be adding stops to this list over time, so check back regularly to stay up to date or follow @HeyPlayStation on Twitter for live updates. Also, be sure to RSVP here and show a staff member, because they will hook you up with some awesome PlayStation swag.

Take a break from studying, grab some friends, and come hang out with us!

+ aloafrica on September 17th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

Man, why does Canada never get any love? hehe, just kidding, but seriously, you guys should head up here sometime, or is it too cold? :)

+ Suicide_Surfer on September 17th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Cool?

+ osoelhartani on September 17th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Why can’t you be coming to Canadian Universities as well? I would to be able to play with my Playstation games while I’m at school!

+ Axecution on September 17th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

Doooood you guys should come to Fanshawe College in Canada. =D

Canadians clearly think this is cooler than the Americans do! Just look at the comments. >.>

+ crazy_kracker1 on September 17th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

Very cool will be at Purdue on Sunday and i’m only 5 minutes from there will be there.

+ Delta-16 on September 17th, 2012 at 3:25 pm said:

It says one of the places is University of Tennessee, but which one? there’s multiple locations for UT. And is there an age limit?

+ gravyleaves on September 17th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

Schools that aren’t enormous need not apply

+ XCrownedClownX on September 17th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

Definitely need to do some Canadian Universities! like maybe… *wink wink* the University of Regina? :D

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 17th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

No NJIT huh…..
Also, u lie: “The Campus Tour will be one of the only places you can get your hands on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before it comes out in November”=there’ll be a public beta coming. Not to mention then one for Plus users.

Wud luv to get my hands on Liberations (which we need to here more about btw, where’s the MP, havent seen so much of this title!)

+ lisatsunami on September 17th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Great, give slackers @ school more reasons to not study, lol. Sounds like great fun.

+ GhostMachine1 on September 17th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Nothing in all of California? That’s rather odd…

Michael Steranka's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 17th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

The list on PlayStation.com only covers the first two weeks of the tour so far. Be sure to check back regularly, because we will be adding confirmed campuses to the list over time!

+ blackiemist88 on September 17th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

wheres warriors lair???

+ BanzaiHeil on September 17th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

Jealous of those sleeping in until noon? C’mon, who are you trying to fool? We’ve all seen what time the PS Store updates…

+ GameOverGreggy on September 17th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

TOO GOOD FOR MIZZOU?!

+ webbiken on September 17th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Never thought I would say this but I wish I was at college right now.

+ AutomaticOcelot on September 17th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

TYPE
Live the Life
SUBTYPE
Truck Events

A fine tradition indeed, the noble Truck Event. I recall the glory days of Nintendo and Sega touring their consoles around to mall parking lots. I played a score attack version of Super Mario 3, and won myself a copy of Tetris! Which I promptly “returned” to Sears and bought a Game Genie. I kinda wish I kept the copy of Tetris, though the Genie was more fun at the ti… This is probably getting off topic, huh? Sorry.

+ taekw0nd0j0 on September 17th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

I go to Clemson University. I can’t wait to see you on October 5th. I can’t wait to try out Battle Royale. It’s going to be tons of fun.

+ taekw0nd0j0 on September 17th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Also, it says “be sure to RSVP here and show a staff member”. How do I RSVP. I clicked going on that facebook page. What am I supposed to show you at the event?

Thanks

Michael Steranka's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 17th, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

All you have to do is click the “Join” button on the Facebook event page to RSVP. At the event, you can show a staff member that you RSVP’d using a smart phone if you have one, or you can ask to show them on one of the tablets on-site.

Glad to see that you’ll be attending! I’d love to hear what you think about Battle Royale after you play, because personally, it’s my favorite game this year :)

+ burnlife308 on September 17th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

A guy I work with did 6 years pen time up here in Canada he said everybody in the place all had ps2’s then eventually PS3’s in each cell. So maybe Sony could do a marketing promotion to all those little gangsta kids out their in Xbox land that if you wanna be gangsta then do what all convicts do and play on ps3. Also I bet they would love it if you went to their place of higher learning and did this to their cells. You wouldn’t have to worry about dishing out your fruit cup to Bubba if you ever got in trouble with the law in Canada later on in life.

+ Fusion13 on September 17th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS PlayStation!

PPlease come to Michigan, MSU!

+ Apeman24 on September 17th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

I like the Vivi pic you have nice touch.

Michael Steranka's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 18th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

haha, thanks for noticing! Vivi is my favorite character from my favorite game :)

+ BrendanCBear on September 17th, 2012 at 8:35 pm said:

I’ll be looking forward to this if you guys make a stop in (South)west Michigan. My only worry is Southwest Michigan doesn’t have any “huge colleges,” but I’m out here.

@20: From one Michiganian to another I wish you good luck in seeing this come to you.

+ Dessron on September 17th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

You should come to UQTR in Trois-Rivières, Quebec. There are a lot of people who could convert to PS3/ PS Vita here!

+ Doomburrito7 on September 18th, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

Will there be more information about where the trucks will be located on campus, or when they will be open?

Michael Steranka's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 18th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

We’ll be releasing specifics of each stop via @HeyPlayStation on Twitter, so be sure to follow!

+ djnealb on September 18th, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

I really hope UT Austin gets added. That’s where I work and would love to stop by during my lunch break to play a few games.

+ bestscreenname on September 18th, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

Not in school this year but I see this is coming to my area, can I still attend?

Michael Steranka's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 18th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Every school has a different policy regarding who’s allowed on their campus. While WE would love it if everyone could come, you need to double check with the school you’re interested in to see if they’re okay with it.

+ TwinDad on September 18th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

@MakoSOLIDER,

Here is a protip for you “one of the only” does not mean exclusive. It means there are finite ways to be in the Beta. All of those three ways are considered “one of”.

Anyway a College Alumni can join in the fun?

+ guitarded77 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Come to Texas State… We are all a bunch of game playing slackers, and we have the hottest girls.

+ EmperorKorea on September 18th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA

+ Zaise on September 18th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

What, no west cost love? Come to NorCal!!

+ re32hana on September 18th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Come on, come to New York University (NYU), you need at least one showing in New York!

+ BreakingWilson on September 18th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

do u need to attend college to play? :)

+ BANDICOOTKING on September 18th, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

I hope you come to UNT

+ SWITCH_00599 on September 19th, 2012 at 1:37 am said:

Awww man I wish Sony would have come up with this before i finished college XD oh well pretty cool of you guys

+ Matrix_Lion on September 20th, 2012 at 8:43 pm said: