PS4-Watch_Dogs

TGS 2012: Watch the New Puppeteer Trailer

Gavin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Gavin Moore on Sep 19, 2012 // Art Director, SCE Worldwide Studios

Hi guys, back again to give you an update on Puppeteer. First off, please let me thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments after our announcement at Gamescom last month. It’s dedicated PlayStation fans like you that make the incredible amount of hard work that goes into making games worthwhile.

You never know what reaction you will get from your work, and it seems that Puppeteer has hit the right nerve with gamers. So, when I got back from Germany, I started getting ready for Tokyo Game Show. We aren’t showing a playable demo on the show floor, but I have put together another trailer for the show. This one is longer and shows a little bit more of the story, without giving too much away and ruining it for you all. Have a look up above.

Puppeteer on PS3Puppeteer on PS3

We are currently casting in London for the voice actors, so I apologize for the voices in the trailer. It’s a little embarrassing because all of the voices are done by me, apart from the narrator.

Actually, I am thinking of doing the Witch’s voice in the final retail version, I just haven’t decided for sure yet. So, I thought I would leave that up to you the fans to decide. If you want me to remain as the Witch in Puppeteer, please just post a comment below and I will tally it up. Witch yes/no will do.

I’ll be in Sao Paolo for the Brazil Game Show — if you’re down in that neck of the woods during the October 11th-14th time frame, come and check it out. Anyway, I’d better get back and finish this game!

PAGE 1 2

+ tvagostelo on September 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

Awsome! This and Rain will be great =D

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

Glad you liked it! :)

+ Miggy11 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

This game would be perfect for 3D. I thought you did a great job at doing the voices and didn’t realize it was one person.

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

Hey Everyone, Don’t forget to read what Gavin said above, if you want to vote for him to keep doing the voice of our Witch in Puppeteer, then after your comments, please be sure to either say “Witch Yes” or “Witch No”.

+ Ender_Bean on September 19th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

This looks awesome! Really takes me back to childhood plays and such. As far as the voice goes, I’ll be honest (while trying to be as polite as possible). I watched the trailer first and read the post afterwords. Before I even read that you had done all the voices, I could tell that the witch had been voiced by a guy. I grew accustomed to it during the trailer, but it wasn’t my favorite. Sorry!!!!!

+ onslaughtree on September 19th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

My son will have a ball with this game….Awesome concept.

+ Thwip on September 19th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

Game is looking great! I also think Mm should feel very flattered.

+ SolidSnakeSSx on September 19th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Witch yes.

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

Cool! That’s it guys! Thanks for voting – Let’s keep it going!

+ DrZombie on September 19th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Wow that games look interesting and something different the other game!!! I will keep update at this great stuff!! ;)

+ IncOgnito_84 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Witch yes

+ KidCommando on September 19th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Is there a reason for the main characters head to change? I saw a few different ones in the trailer. Is it a gameplay element or just customization?

Witch? oh HELL yes! I kinda like how weird it sounds, makes her more original and creepy like a witch should be. I like that is sounds different.

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Hey Kid, Glad you asked about Kutaro “losing his head” – much more to come on this later, but for now all I can tell you is, you’re gonna love it!

+ IncOgnito_84 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

+ IncOgnito_84 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

yes voice the Witch

+ skelekey on September 19th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

It would be nice If I could listen to what an Alternative “witch” would sound like but for now, Witch yes.

+ IncOgnito_84 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Sorry. triple posted

+ Dustinwp on September 19th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Looks like a fantastic game! Will keep my eye on this one.

Witch yes

+ Robbie_G_lrish on September 19th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

I must’ve watched that first trailer a half dozen (half-dozen?) times. I think this is going to be something really special. No need to apologize for those voices man, they’re actually pretty enjoyable.

Witch Yes

+ bball230 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Unfortunately i have always felt a dislike towards puppets and circus’ and plays etc. it all just bothers me and seems annoying.

The game seems interesting i just cant stand the puppetiness.

+ Kchow23 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Awesome trailer!! Is this a full priced game or will it be a PSN game? either way I am looking forward to it.

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Thanks! Glad you liked it! Puppeteer is a full retail (Blu-ray) PS3 game!
    So much more awesome stuff to share with you all in the coming months!

+ Kchow23 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Witch YES!

+ Luckett_X on September 19th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Please change all the voice acting, including the Witch. Its the only thing I don’t like about this title at the moment, so I’d rather you aimed for a home run on EVERYTHING and got an awesome voice cast rather than settle for something you’ve gotten attached to due to the passage of time.

+ Kchow23 on September 19th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

If he did the Moon Bear King voice also then keep that as well. You may not realize that you are the next Nolan North! (over exaggerated but still I like the voice acting).

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 19th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Wow! What a great compliment, can’t wait for Gavin to hear this! :)

+ CrusaderForever on September 19th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

Truly amazing! Witch Yes! Well done :)

+ IcedDice777 on September 19th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

This game looks so freaking cool! I can’t wait! PLEASE consider having a collector edition of the puppeteer with the witch included as a figure. Thank You.

+ Berae on September 19th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

It looks very unique. Witch Yes

+ lisatsunami on September 19th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Japan Studios hit a big home run @ Gamescon. Too bad I can’t watch TGS streamed here. Anyway, as I was saying, Puppeteer & Rain look like they’re providing a huge shot in the arm for PLaystation gaming.

I’ll be buying this, for sure.

+ MarinoBrea on September 19th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

Witch yes!

+ dewadonuts on September 19th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

Really like what I’m seeing of the title so far, should be an interesting experience. Hopefully there will be enough story for both kids and older folk to enjoy at the same time.

And if I’m absolutely honest, I’m not really liking the Witch’s voice as it is now. Maybe its because I spend a lot of time listening to things rather than watching but the witch sounds like a guy (I came to that conclusion before seeing who wrote the article). I mean, it doesn’t always have to be a female playing a female role but in this case I can’t ignore it. Maybe if you used some audio program to slightly tweak it to a higher pitch then I’d be fine. Ugh I wrote more than I meant to

+ jhernandez360 on September 19th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

Witch Yes!

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on September 19th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

Witch Yes!

+ mclovinrocks on September 19th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

WITCH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ CatatonicAlex on September 19th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

I know Sony is against ports, but this game NEEEEEEDS a PS Vita port.
I demand one!

+ V_Ben on September 19th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

WITCH YES.

It makes the game feel like an amazing punch and judy show, I love it :D

+ cosmis_chaos on September 19th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

All those voices where yours? Dude you are VERY talented. You definitely need to do the Witch’s voice.I have to give you credit. Gaming has become so mundane and boring to me as of late and this game is just the shot in the arm I needed. I am just sad that it isn’t coming this fall instead of next year. Just make sure it is ready bright and early for us next year

+ Carl-G on September 19th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

It looks like another BRILLIANT PlayStation Exclusive :P COOL;)

+ Kbaudek on September 19th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

Witch yes and wonderful job on all of the voices.

+ megacarlos on September 19th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Yes witch btw I hope game is priced appropriately to give it a try

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 19th, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

Witch Yes. Actually all the voices YES lol

+ BG808s on September 19th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

This game looks awesome, so creative and original! Love it!! Without having anything to compare it to, i like the voice of the witch, but probably more so the voice of the king, especially the first line is great! Would need to hear an alternative voice to decide though..

+ SWITCH_00599 on September 19th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

its so different and alive the animations and you get the feeling your watching a creepy theatre show as you play WOW i really want this game cant wait great job on this one kudos!!! :D
I hope you guys fid great voice actors for this similar to the ones in the trailer,really loved it, happy hunting !

+ Astro411 on September 19th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Witch YES, the laugh is perfect but the speaking voice needs some work, it needs to be a little more witchy.

The familiar thing ( the one following Kutaro ) didn’t say much but i think he needs a stronger accent. What about Kutaro he didn’t even make a peep so if he doesn’t speak maybe each head he uses should have a different set of sounds.

I didn’t know Mr. Moore was multi-talented and i think it would be great if he did more voice acting but his job probably keeps him too busy.

Please consider releasing this game on PSN too for those who prefer the digital format.

Thanks and good luck with this and future projects.

+ Elvick_ on September 19th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

The only voice I didn’t like was the Tiger. The rest, in the original trailer were perfect.

+ Wozman23 on September 19th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

I can’t believe I didn’t notice the changing of the heads in the initial trailer. Now I’m curious as to whether they are just aesthetic unlockables, or something more.

I think you’re selling yourself short on the voice acting. I didn’t even notice it was just a single guy. Everything has a great, creepy, carny/magical quality to it. Voicing the witch is fine by me.

+ roqueb on September 19th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

Witch yes!

+ GhostMachine1 on September 19th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

witch yes!!! :D

+ godslayer1254 on September 19th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

Witch Yes!

+ tirminyl on September 19th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Witch yes!!!

Also, I am super hyped for this game. Looks great!

+ Shatgan on September 19th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Is this DLC for littlebigplanet? hehe jk, looks awesome. On a side note: The witch looks like Grunty from banjoo kazoie

+ camiwaits_us on September 19th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

This game is going to be the best thing in ages!

+ Tremulan777 on September 19th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

Witch yes

+ Axecution on September 19th, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

Witch yes.

I’ll be honest i had no idea you did all the voices till i read the blog post haha

+ Psicocrusher on September 19th, 2012 at 7:59 pm said:

Witch Yes.-

This game looks incredible amazing… It was like first sight love for me!

PAGE 1 2