BREAKING NEWS! Persona 4 Golden, Japan’s BEST SELLING PS Vita game of ALL darn-tootin’ time, finally has a North American release date: November 20, 2012, in stores and via PlayStation Store.
Did you hear that? That’s the sound of millions of Vita owners screaming in joyous union. They know, as you might too (or will soon learn), that when it comes to a deep role-playing game experience with TONS of monsters to slay; Personas to collect and fuse; areas to explore; well-written characters with which to interact and develop bonds; and a terrific, highly memorable story, there is NO substitute.
A random short list of enhancements and additions (in no particular order) we’ve only lightly touched on:
- You can now sneak out at night when your uncle Dojima is out at work (which is frequent, as he’s a veteran police detective). Every conversation and event discovered during this time – heck, even the music that plays – is all new. Moreover, many areas, like Shiroku store in the shopping district, serve a different purpose after dark.
- You can get night jobs, on top of the clubs you might join after school, that allow you to further advance your character (not to mention roam the city at night without having to hope your uncle is out).
- The game now offers a Very Easy and Very Hard difficulty option (in addition to the existing Easy, Normal, and Hard settings).
- You can now easily speed through cutscenes and lengthy exchanges (maybe it’s your umpteenth playthrough?) by holding the Triangle button or by double tapping Start.
- Load times are ridiculously fast. Almost every load is approximately 3 seconds or less, whether PS Vita game card or PSN download.
- The fishing mini-game has been expanded to include new fish, many of which are exclusive to the evening, providing yet another layer of addiction and depth.
[TIRED PR CLICHÉ INCOMING]
…And so much more!
Check out this video walkthrough we did with our friends over at IGN.com to see many of the above points for yourself.
Pre-orders of the physical release at participating retailers will net you a free protective PS Vita skin (while supplies last). For more info about P4G, visit our official site.
Pre-emptive Answers to Likely Comments
Q: Does Persona 4 Golden have a Japanese language option?
A: No, only English text and an English dub are available. We are VERY aware of many fans’ interest in dual language audio, but it is not possible in every project.
Q: Why can’t I find the Solid Gold Premium Edition for pre-order anywhere?
A: Because the entire production run of 10,000 is just about entirely spoken for via pre-order. There may be a minimal number of units made available by retailers near or at launch (held aside in order to avoid oversell situations), but for the most part, it’s sold out.
Q: Is Persona 4 Golden region locked?
Q: Perhaps windmills can cool all this P4G demand?
A: WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. GOOD NIGHT!