PS4-The Order

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Out on PS3 and PS Vita February 5th

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Sep 21, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s been a few weeks since we’ve had some news come out about Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time! Hopefully, you’ve already seen the sweet trailer we released at gamescom and are itching to learn even more about Sly, the gang and their upcoming adventure. Well, today we’re happy to announce that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be releasing in North America this February 5th, 2013 both at retail and on PlayStation Network (that’s right, day and date!).

Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSly Cooper: Thieves in Time

In case you didn’t catch it, if you buy the PS3 version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (through traditional retailers or on PSN), you will be able to download the PS Vita version of the game from PSN at no additional cost! Now that’s a — wait for it — a steal!

Yeah? No? No. Ok…

We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ll be offering up extras for those of you who have (or are going to) pre-order the game. Pre-order now and you’ll get the following skins in both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly’s Para Glider Sanzaru monkey logo and camouflage skins, and Murray’s undercover Ultimate outfit.

Don’t forget that you’ll also get early access to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo with your purchase of Ratchet & Clank Collection, available now at participating retailers.

That’s it for now, but we’re working on some awesome stuff we’ll be showing you in the near future. Keep an eye on PS.Blog for more!

+ normn3 on September 21st, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

will there be a demo coming out on psn anytime soon

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Yep! Not very soon, but before the game launches.

+ v-X_SHADOW_X-v on September 21st, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Is there going to be a demo before the actual game comes out? cause i can’t wait

+ Aiiman on September 21st, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

WHEN WILL THE DEMO COME OUT TO PSN IN EUROPE?! Big fan of Sly!

+ Aiiman on September 21st, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Please tell me/us!!!

Will we have the demo in the PSN store?

When will be able to download it in US and Europe?

+ hungcanh19 on September 21st, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Already preordered. Two question, is there any preordered bonus? if so which retailers will have them or are they already packaged in?, thanks.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

See the post for the bonuses =)
    All participating retailers will give you the voucher code to unlock the skins when you pick up your copy.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 21st, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

Love the game can’t wait, my birthday is in February so it’s a plus

+ snakeeyes211 on September 21st, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

And in 3DDDD

+ BaronBrain on September 21st, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

@ Cristian Cardona:

First off, thank you for the information — I’ve missed Sly & the Gang, and can’t wait to play this new entry!

You stated the PS3 version’s Cross-Buy “icon will be part of the box art.” Perhaps you folks could consider printing a double-sided cover, with a ‘clean art version’ sans the Cross-Buy icon (and perhaps the ESRB, 3D & Sony icons as well) on the reverse side. That way you can satisfy both retailer & consumers demands… Just a thought.

Also, while I appreciate the idea behind Cross-Buy, I frankly despise downloads. For those of us who want physical boxed copies of both the PS3 and VIta editions, will Sony also be making available a bundled set of the two games — either together in a single case (i.e., both the PS3 BD disc + the Vita card), or the two retail sets packaged together? Or perhaps some other method of allowing us to purchase the boxed Vita version at a decent discount — for example, a printed retailer discount coupon inside the PS3 package?

[Cont. on #59]

+ BaronBrain on September 21st, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

[Cont. from #58]

I do hope there’s a reasonable solution to this that isn’t along the lines of: “Tough… take the free Vita download, or else pay full price for the boxed version.” I for one would certainly be willing to shell out a few extra dollars to cover the cost of a Sly Vita card, just to have it packaged together with the PS3 disc… (think of it as similar to the standard popular BD + DVD Combo sets sold at retail).

Many thanks in advance for your input here and on the games! Hope they are great successes so we see more Sly games in our future…

Cheers!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

We’re definitely looking into those options. We won’t be able to confirm anything, however, until we’re closer to the launch date. Stay tuned.

+ Kchow23 on September 21st, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

Was only suggesting that in the future if both versions were $49 then $39… it could be done either way wink wink.

+ andre-arkade on September 21st, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

WILL THERE BE A DIFICULTY OPTIONS? LIKE EASY-MEDIUM-HARD? THANKS LOVE SLY COOPER!!!!

+ MageScroll on September 21st, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

Man, love the box art, and LOVE the skins, especially the Murray one ;)

yet I have a few questions:

1) why not make the cross buy thing a sticker?
2) will there be any bentley skins?
3) will you come out with more skins available on PSN at a later date?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

There’ll be additional skins you can unlock in-game. We currently don’t have any plans for additional skins via DLC.

+ PlatinumAura on September 21st, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

I eagerly await this game AND PlayStation All stars. Buying on the PSN day one so I can have it on console and Vita!!

+ mr_giggles454 on September 21st, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

Hm… nice. Sanzaru might want to add more pre-order bonuses though. (Although I’ll admit, Murray’s skin is absolutely golden.) Is there going to be a Collector’s Edition? Or is it too late?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

Too late for a CE =/

+ Tigerriot on September 21st, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

Good god that “cross buy” logo is obnoxiously large on the cover of the PS3 version. Ruins what is otherwise a pleasant cover.

+ Hokage_45678 on September 21st, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

Yes! I am sooo excited for this game. Makes sense to buy the PS3 version since I will play it on both consoles! I wish this came out on my birthday tho :P. Last epic game that did come out on my birthday was Killzone 2!

+ freshprincepbg on September 21st, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

I still dont get why this game was pushed back, would’ve sold better with a Christmas season.

I’ll be buying it.

+ buttersscoth on September 21st, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Questions I have
1:Will the demo add any more levels beside juggling act?
2: Who is is voicing Slaim al Kupar?
3: Any new events we can plan on seeing sly at?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

The demo will have other content!
    Sly will be at New York Comic Con next =)

+ Spacerac on September 21st, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

Hey! How come #56 gets a reply on his comment about his birthday, and I don’t and the game actually comes out ON my birthday?

I feel unloved :(

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

Happy Pre Birthday? o_O’

Here are some candles! =D

) ( ) (
    (^)(^)(^)(^)
    _i__i__i__i_
    (____________)
    |####|>o<|###|
    (____________)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 21st, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

Hmm…seems like someone moved my candles ¬_¬

+ superslyguy4228 on September 21st, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Hey guys will feral pounce be in the game? That’s the ONLY thing holding me back from a preorder :)

+ slysonic18 on September 21st, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

any bundles we can look forward to? perhaps one involving the new ps3?????

+ Wozman23 on September 21st, 2012 at 3:58 pm said:

Dead Space day. A conundrum.

February-March is the new Christmas. Between Sly, Dead Space, Bioshock, God of War & Fuse, I’m gonna have way too many games to play, and not enough time or money to play them.

Still, Sly takes precedence. It’s one of my most anticipated.

+ Elvick_ on September 21st, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

I’ll just buy the PS Vita version. Not paying for overpriced memory cards. Pick up the PS3 version later perhaps.

+ Spacerac on September 21st, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Yes! EXACTLY! Thanks Ms Cardona and that is quite the lovely pre-birthday cake. Sly 4′s gonna be the best birthday present ever. No other game I have has ever been released on my birthday. :D

@67 In February, it won’t be competing with Assassin’s Creed 3, Call of Duty, the Wii U, several other high profile launches. It is better that it was moved, because games of it’s type are, unfortunately, no longer “what’s hot” right now. Most people like the M stuff and ignore the E stuff. It will be released where there’s no competition and it will do exceptionally well as not a lot of big games come out in February. When Rayman Origins came out last year, amazing game, but it originally sold horribly because it came out on -the same day- as Assassin’s Creed Revelations AND was released to close to other big name games. The delay, in my opinion, is actually a nice thing that Sony did to ensure this game the success it truly will deserve.

+ seidelbros on September 21st, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

SWEET

+ Elvick_ on September 21st, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

@74: While Origins sold badly, it was apparently profitable. I’ve read articles about it. It still deserved to sell infinitely more than it did though. it’s an amazing game. Much better than a certain platformer that sells millions without much going for it anymore. In terms of 2D releases anyway.

+ infamousfan21 on September 21st, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

will there be a demo for the vita, too? i wanna be able to get a feel of the game on my vita before i buy it.

+ Shatgan on September 21st, 2012 at 6:30 pm said:

That is an amazing deal!, though I wish I could have the vita version as cartridge too, not the DL version :/

+ FruitySnaks on September 21st, 2012 at 6:40 pm said:

What was the reasoning for there being no collectors edition? Also will there be a reversible cover?

+ The_Dukenator on September 21st, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

@61 Possibly not. The other 3 Sly games had no difficulty settings.

@77 I have no idea. Maybe they might have one, but its unknown.

+ ManjoumeThunder on September 21st, 2012 at 7:55 pm said:

I feel like cross-buy is the best reason (if not only) reason to buy a game new (other than online passes, which just makes people have to pay more and is not something I support).

Cross-buy is like, hey, you want the game new? Sure, it’ll cost a little more, but you get a copy on your handheld which will be a similar (if not the same) experience. What I really liked about my PSP is say: I can play minis or PlayStation One games on my PS3 but also play them on my PSP. It really makes me feel like it puts worth into my purchase.

+ ShinJehuty21 on September 21st, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

Well what do you know. This is coming out on my birthday! This is a nice birthday present, Sanzaru. Thanks a lot!

+ samanthaa_1998 on September 21st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

Why doesn’t sly cooper talk about his Mother or Carmelita about her past?

Can’t wait till it comes out Sly cooper ::::……

+ samanthaa_1998 on September 21st, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

Question time:
1-Will there be another sly cooper event?And where will it be and when?
2-Is he going to have kids?if he does can it be Samantha its really pretty and elegant
3-Sly coopers mother and carmelitas story?
4-Any question that sanzaru has for the people aoutside?

+ Psimp24 on September 21st, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

Seeing this makes my day! I can’t wait to play Sly Cooper thieves in time!

+ freshprincepbg on September 21st, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

@74 Early 2013 is packed even more than this fall. I don’t think this game is gonna sell well no matter when it drops (which is sad because it looks great), but at least in the fall, it would’ve had the Holidays audience.

+ Shin-Ra on September 21st, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

I’d also favour a reversible cover with minimal logo’age.

+ MrBeatdown on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 am said:

I must say, cross-buy is the greatest thing in the history of things.

I’m curious about how the platinum works. All the cross-buy games so far have identical trophy lists, but you end up with two platinums out of it. You basically get duplicates of every trophy.

Will this be the same, or will it actually feature just one trophy list with no duplicate list? I always thought getting the platinum twice for the same game was a little weird.

+ Aiiman on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:09 am said:

I have alot of questions.

1. Who will be the next ancestor revealed?
2. Tell us the old release date for US, the one in Fall 2012 PLZ.
3. How many episodes will there be?
4. Have you made the game 100%?
5. The demo.. Please tell us when the demo comes in US.

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:15 am said:

@84 Why not read the other comments first?

@89 The demo will be out before release. The other answers are unknown.

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:29 am said:

Please read the past comments and blog post before commenting!

+ zakdude100 on September 22nd, 2012 at 1:34 am said:

1 question:
will there be online multiplayer- like a sly themed capture the flag? that would be pretty bad ass

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 3:55 am said:

@92 Sly 3 did have some multiplayer, but it was local. Besides, it doesn’t really fit in with the Sly games.

+ shaujin on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:21 am said:

Please tell me that Cross-buy label is some kind of removable sticker, That is one awesome box art that I don’t want to see it blocked by any more than necessary

Or you can give us a reversible cover that don’t have the cross-buy label on. Pretty please…..

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 am said:

@94 Not a sticker, but they might do a reversible cover art that doesn’t contain it.

+ nitroguy7 on September 22nd, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Will Sly 4 also come in psn?I mean full game.

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 6:26 am said:

@96 Yes.

+ Darylmcox18 on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

I only have ONE question, exactly how many ancestors/episodes will there be in this game?? I know there are 9 ancestors total but I thought I saw on one of the trailers there will only be 7 episodes. So im confused as to if there are 7 or 9. Can somebody please clear this up for me?? thx!!

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

@98 They haven’t confirmed the total number of episodes.

+ The_Dukenator on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

They did say that the hub worlds are much bigger than the previous games in an interview.