Minecraft PS4

Soul Sacrifice Takes Tokyo Game Show

Keiji Inafune's Avatar + Posted by Keiji Inafune on Sep 21, 2012 // Founder, Comcept

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Hi everyone. I’m excited that those of you who are attending Tokyo Game Show will finally be able to have some hands-on experience with Soul Sacrifice! Once you play the game, I’m sure that you’ll have a better sense of the world I’ve been wanting to create. You’ll be able to face the dilemmas, tough decisions, and the agony of choice that I’ve been wanting to portray in a game. I believe the TGS demo does a great job of conveying this new concept.

In the trailers and interviews released so far, we’ve shown the game’s dark world setting and shared some of the story elements revealed in the single player mode. We’ve also shared a few of the back stories from both the monsters and sorcerers that you’ll encounter during gameplay. During TGS, I’m looking forward to showing you what the multiplayer mode can offer.

Soul Sacrifice on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice on PS Vita

“Truly cooperate with allies” — I’ve explained the concept behind the multiplayer mode in the past, but I’m sure you’ll gain a full understanding after playing through this TGS demo. You will experience trusting in your friends, being double-crossed or double crossing, and you will realize the difference between sacrificing strangers and your most precious friends even if you don’t want to.

You will be able to team up and slow down the enemy’s attack, allowing your friends to come in and assist with the defeat, or you could be relying on their assistance to heal you in the midst of battle. These choices may even lead you into being forced to sacrifice your own life, or hoping that a friend would do the same for you.

I ask that you pay close attention on how your emotions change after each decision you make, and how you feel once defeating a monster with the help of your friends. From these experiences, you will see the concept of “reality-blended fantasy” that I wanted to create.

40 Comments

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 21st, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

Most anticipated Vita title of 2013

+ asadkhan87 on September 21st, 2012 at 6:32 am said:

Can’t wait for this title to come out

+ islankleinknecht on September 21st, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

This game has a giant chicken with a human face. You do not need to tell me any more.

This may not be the Vita game that we want, but it is the Vita game that we need.

Chicken. Human face.

q_q

+ Chapulin140 on September 21st, 2012 at 6:38 am said:

This looks like Monster Hunter can’t wait. Soul Sacrifice and Killzone 2013 pls.

+ MoonLance on September 21st, 2012 at 6:44 am said:

Soul Sacrifice feels like an MMORPG for the Vita~ I hope this game goes big in the West. Thanks again, Inafune-san!

+ Teflon02 on September 21st, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

Megaman is Legend. This is a Must have. This is just epic. Megaman Maverick Hunter X-2 and 3 should have been done. PSOne Classics need the Megaman X’s. You are awesome. And ohh forgot you are AWESOME, wait did I forget AwEsOmE!
Those are Facts now 2 questions
Does the japanese delay mean a NA delay also?
Do you have any control over any of the Megaman games, like X oranything?

+ xjdcdestroyerzx on September 21st, 2012 at 7:01 am said:

This is my most anticipated Vita title since the Vita launch back in Feb. It looks the most interesting too. Can’t wait to get it! Also, I don’t know what anyone else thinks but to me the game looks like a dark souls and a monster hunter combined. In a good way.

+ PiotrRasputinBR on September 21st, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

Pretty much sold to me, as long as the single player portion is worth out time.

+ mckg123456789 on September 21st, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

I was sold right after I saw the FIRST trailer. My vita needs this game ! but please take your time. Make this game a masterpiece Inafune-san!

+ blackiemist88 on September 21st, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

cant wait for this game!!! any new info on warriors lair?

+ Major_Hoare on September 21st, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Is this game something like Monster Hunter? I guess I’ll find out if the TGS demo is coming to the PSN.

+ nOObSLAYER on September 21st, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

We got this and Phantasy Star Online 2 to look forward too =D

+ OmegaSpear on September 21st, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

I must have it

+ donkeypunch12312 on September 21st, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

LOL THE CHICKEN/LADY HAS SO MANY FAT ROLLS. BUT CANT WAIT FOR THIS VITA TITLE!

+ GhostMachine1 on September 21st, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

Is this an RPG?

+ Neil on September 21st, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I will buy this on principal.

+ Cloud_X1 on September 21st, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

I want another game like “Ever Grace” from the PS2. That game was creepy, and it made you feel isolated so you would be careful when you attacked and where you went. Am I the only onw that remembers Ever Grace?

Bring Ever Grace to PS2 Classics!

+ aro52 on September 21st, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

OMG What is that thing?!?! Kill it! Kill it with fire!

+ Dustinwp on September 21st, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

I wish this didn’t get delayed cause it looks absolutely sick!

Will Souls Sacrifice have full online co-op or just co-op through ad-hoc?

+ camiwaits_us on September 21st, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

The creature design in this game makes me giddy!

+ Falaut on September 21st, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Nice. Make this a solid and complete title out of the box (no DLC/retailer unlock bull) and you get my monies day one.

+ ArchAngelMai on September 21st, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Looking forward to your next masterpiece 稲船敬二, please don’t disappoint us <3. Ragnarok Odyssey should hold me till this comes out :)

+ PrinceofXIII on September 21st, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

can’t wait for this amazing game :)

+ spideyal on September 21st, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

These guys are doing what Capcom couldn’t, and that is bringing “Monster Hunter” to the Vita. Personally, I feel I’ll like this even more since it has a more mature feel to it. It seems as if there’s weight behind the decisions you make in combat. Which I really like.

Can’t wait to give this game a shot. :D

+ SHINSPIKES on September 21st, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

Because we will never get monster hunter for the ps3, atleast give us this.

+ Matrix_Lion on September 21st, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

@spideyal go to IGN.com and read the article from Capcom I don’t think we are ever getting a Monster Hunter for the Vita. I think it’s because of this game for some reason. Soul Sacifice may very well be the game to take this system to the top.

+ Elvick_ on September 21st, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Limited Edition please. :D

+ gemuvan on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:17 am said:

OMG this is getting better and better. Can’t wait to play it. Also, can you please put TGS demo on PSN =). Vita is so cool. We already have Gravity Daze and now this. Yahooooo……

+ chowder_07 on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:40 am said:

Sadly,there is a chance my mom won’t buy me this game…

+ Garigandeljey on September 22nd, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Monster Hunter is overrated. I’ll take this game over it any day.

+ listerofsmeg42 on September 22nd, 2012 at 3:28 pm said:

Needed and must have title of 2013, can’t wait for it!

+ reysol981 on September 22nd, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

Awesome. A limited edition would be nice, but just getting a game this cool is enough for me.

+ Neoyurikraz on September 22nd, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

I have not looked more forward to a game in a very long time. Can’t wait to get this.

+ o3to16 on September 23rd, 2012 at 2:27 am said:

we should totally get a demo :)

+ PAPAMiDNiT3 on September 23rd, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

looking pretty good

+ BIGWORLD41 on September 23rd, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

This game is going to be freaking awesome! A lot of great action adventure/rpg content was shown off at TGS. Soul Sacrifice, Y’s Celceta, PSO2, GOD Eater 2. Man… I can’t wait. Bring it on!

+ Kedaro on September 24th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

There is a lot of cool stuff on Vita, but I’ve been feeling like I’m waiting for ‘that one’ game that really grabs me, being a huge fan of the souls’ games ie. Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls, I had to assume that this was like those, after careful research I discovered that it’s not, but someone from Atlus is working on it correct?, so there is hope that it will be reminiscent of those games.

Nonetheless this excites me. Looking forward to it.

+ supercyc10 on September 24th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

my only purpose to buying this game is to support Inafune. I want him to know that there are fans that still support what he does.

+ edubannyx on September 25th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

quero muito este jogo.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on October 20th, 2012 at 7:23 pm said:

I love the story concept behind this game. At first glance I thought it was just an interesting title but then I read all the articles about the game and realized in this game you’ll literally be sacrificing your soul based on your choices. Then I thought I can relate. We sacrifice our soul everyday based on the choices we make in life. They may not be the same as in this game but similar nevertheless. I will definitely be picking up this game.