PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus Update: Starhawk Campaign Free, Hell Yeah and Tokyo Jungle Discounts

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Sep 24, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Plus continues to get better and better with online game save storage increasing to 1GB last week as well as new details on Plus for PS Vita. Now its time for Starhawk’s single player campaign to join the Plus lineup of amazing free content for members. With this, and other great deals on new release titles, it’s easy to see why Plus members continue to enjoy the best deal in gaming. But enough talk, have at you!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

September 25th PlayStation Plus Update

Starhawk (Single Player Campaign Only) and All Add-Ons
Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Starhawk is arriving for download on PSN with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update and it’s coming with options: You can download the Single Player Campaign, or if multiplayer is more your speed, you can elect to download just that mode. And of course, you can also snag the entire game with all modes included. Plus members get the complete single player campaign free with their membership as well as several bits of Add-On content. If you like what you play, don’t forget to pick up the multiplayer mode! It’s also a great time to get in on the MLG Starhawk $20,000 tournament happening soon. Head over to the Starhawk MLG site for all the rules and details!

In addition, we’re throwing in all the Starhawk Add-ons for Plus members! That includes every multiplayer skin, every vehicle paint scheme, the new Grizzly Exo-Rig and the Pod Cannon, even the game’s bombastic soundtrack; it’s all free for Plus members. Watch for tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update to see the complete item breakdown.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
20% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99)
If you haven’t had your eye on this new PSN release, you need to check out the above trailer. You’re an angry rabbit with a thirst for vengeance, a super sawing jetpack driller and some seriously badass weapons. Explore, jump, shoot, loot, upgrade, drill and destroy Hell’s monsters. ALL OF THEM. Get it with a first week discount through PlayStation Plus.

Tokyo Jungle
It’s the experience gaming site Polygon hailed as the game that has “inspired more breathless updates to friends and coworkers than any game in recent memory…”. It’s that crazy, and it’s that good. With more than 50 playable animals to choose from, unleash your inner beast to hunt your way to the top of Tokyo’s post-apocalyptic food chain. Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face, so be prepared for anything and everything.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus 9-24-2012

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ C_Dalke on September 24th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Tokyo Jungle looks so interesting.

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

Looking forward to checking it out myself and getting more hands on time with it

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on September 24th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Starhawk!!!!!!!!!! MAN i just keep loving PSplus more every week!…i will have no problem in getting the online pass if it asks me to.

+ Stringer2355 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Will Playstation Plus members get a discount on the Full Game $39.99 & Multiplayer $19.99 ? 20% ?

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

I don’t believe there’s a discount in effect for Plus on the Starhawk products. Just Starhawk and Add-ons free in Plus

+ Wayndawind on September 24th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Tokyo jungle! I dont konw about this one, but well see.

+ ShadowFox014 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

I’m totally downloading Starhawk and Tokyo Jungle tomorrow :P Would be so epic to see Tokyo Jungle jump to Vita; I think that game would be perfect on the go ^.^

+ StealthReborn– on September 24th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Are the PS+ post updates going to be every Monday now or is the two week outlook still in play?

Thanks. =)

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

We’re looking to make them weekly; so this one will be just for this week, and then we’ll have more news soon enough for next week, and so on. At least that’s the plan!

+ TurismoM3 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

Great update, thanks. One question & one suggestion.

1) The Blog looks wierd on iPad, especially the Comments section.
2) Gran Turismo is one of the biggest games on PlayStation, you could have a few exclusive cars for Plus members, so I could show them off to my non PS Plus friends :)

+ iBlind on September 24th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

YAY AWESOME!

+ ASC2175 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

Blast, foiled again.

+ KidCommando on September 24th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

OH my holy crap!

Grizzly Exo-Rig!! Pod Cannon!!!

Would have bought it, but not complaining you are adding it to Plus. Can’t wait to see all the other Starhawk freebies tomorrow.

INCOMING!

+ Harvard Bonin on September 24th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

you can buy but if you are PS Plus they are free – for now…

+ REZBLUE on September 24th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

This would be awesome if I didn’t have a StarHawk disc at home. Also, if I liked the game.

+ MushThePainter on September 24th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

ohh damnnn Tokyo Jungle discount!!! SOLD!!

+ BillyBoiDaPrince on September 24th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

starhawk!!

+ Breakerfall on September 24th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Wow now your only giving us half a game.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

I already own Starhawk limited-edition but I encourage any PlayStation plus member to play the single player as it is fantastic. once you’re done with that waste 20 dollars on the multiplayer cause it’s awesome as well :-)

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Well I wouldn’t call the $20 a waste, right? Starhawk multiplayer is in fact amazing. Had some of the most awesome moments in a multiplayer game ever in that game; looking forward to more people discovering it =)

+ WoundedUnderwear on September 24th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Little disappointed that we only get the single player mode for free. Why not the FULL game, like the past PS PLUS FREE games. Does this mean that SONY will start to only offer us PS PLUS USERS HALF A GAME from now on. What a joke if you ask me. And the FREE DLC is just to draw people to buy the multiplayer part ….. This is just sad. And 20% off for Tokyo Jungle and Hell YEAH is a joke. Why not 50% off?

Don’t get me wrong I’m still going to download the FREE STORY MODE of Starhawk, but DANG HALF A GAME FOR FREE is just LAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KillaCams-10 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Hey Morgan, i know some people are disappointed when the games coming to the Instant Game Collection they already own. Day one discounts is the best thing PS Plus offers, i dont see any complaints in this regard.

So as a long time PS Plus user, i would like to thank you for all the day one discounts, and day one free games we Plus members are getting lately, please keep this trend going. Day one discounts are the best for everybody, thank you and the PS Blog crew,

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Thanks for the support. We’re looking at ways to keep people rewarded with Plus for their time with the membership, but it’s a ways off. So until then, having a game free in Plus that you may already own is still something to be aware of.

+ TERMINATOR543 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

AWESOME UPDATE AS ALWAYS!! GOD I love you guys!!! You guys bring it to Plus members every single week and I hope you continue to do so.

I will probably be buying the multiplayer to Starhawk as well. I need something completely different to play and I think this is just the thing.

Also Kristine Steimer (if your reading), you did great on the blogcast and I hope to see you on there a lot more often, and by a lot more often, I mean every week!! Same for you as well Morgan, even though I don’t think you have ever been on the Blogcast yet. XD

Also I do have a couple of questions:

1.) Dylan Jobe kept teasing another surprise for Plus members. Would this surprise be all DLC being free or is there something else?

2.) Will the stand alone multiplayer portion of the game already come with an online pass or will I have to buy 1? I am pretty sure it already comes with it but I just want to make sure.

Once again keep up the good work!!!

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Yeah the extra stuff is the surprise. Plus members get a ton of add-ons and bonuses from Strahwk with their membership.

And since you’re buying this game ‘new’, it will come with the online pass enabled for you.

+ Ryumoau on September 24th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

wow wasn’t expecting a deal on Tokyo Jungle. Thats a pleasant surprise. But what about Ratchet and Clank collection? Surely Plus members will get a discount on a first party Sony game?

+ Milagres_ on September 24th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

I’m sorry sony, I always supported you but I gotta admit, I’m a little disapointed with US Plus games…
Your last – major – free games were:
Starhawk – not the full game, just the singleplayer.
Borderlands – A week before the sequel (with vast improvments) release date
Walking Dead – Just 2 episodes, while everyone agrees the full game is all 5 episodes.

Scott Pilgrim, Double Dragon, good releases, but I can’t say its a ‘major’ one…
There were also one mini and don’t recall anything else.

I don’t follow closely the European plus releases but I do know they got free games like Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Motorstorm Apocalypse…
All games excites me more than all your recent US plus free games. I know everyone have your own taste but I can’t help in feeling US got the short end of the stick…

+ Milagres_ on September 24th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Not trying to criticizing here, just a positive feedback guys. I still think the Ps Plus subscription one of the best things I spent money on, I’m just not as happy as I could be if I was a european subscriber (Yeah, I’m thinking in changing to european.. please change my mind).

Also, don’t know about fellow plus members, but I rather know in advance what plus offers will be for the whole month, instead of waiting each week

(hope you read my -both – comments)

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Thanks for the support and feedback. We’re all looking at the best ways to manage everyone’s expectations on both sides of the Atlantic, while offering up a program that everyone is happy with.

+ avdavidw on September 24th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Finally gave my PS3 a much needed hard drive upgrade over the weekend. Bring on the PS+ content!

The discount on Tokyo Jungle is a nice bonus. Would have happily paid $15 for it.

+ helbertpina on September 24th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

That’s pretty cool! For a guy who doesn’t really care about multiplayer, Starhawk is quite an addition!

But… where are the details about Plus on Vita? What are the games coming to the instant collection? And the discounts? Please, give us more details!!! :D

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

We’ll have more details to share about Plus on PS Vita as we lead up to it’s launch in November.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Ok since starhawk single player is free.. not to mention the full game is 39.99 (which sucks games only 4 months old and already 20 bucks cheaper.. uncharted 2 stayed fll price for over a year… makes me regret buying starhawk at launch) but anyway since were only getting single player free and not the ENTIRE game free does starhawk count toward our instant game collection? (i hope not) if so what game does it replace?

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

Starhawk is actually a bonus addition to the free game lineup in Plus, so it’s not replacing anything.

+ Paim123 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

More games on Oct. 2? :)

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

yes sir.

+ Yugi_Fishie on September 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Hah, it’s no skin off my nose if I don’t get the multiplayer aspect, but still get Starhawk free. I personally can do without multiplayer experiences. I get games mosly for the singleplayer aspect and PS+ hasn’t disappointed me with that. It’s a shame I’ve been stuck with an 80GB hard drive otherwise I’d love to have all I downloaded still on there, but I’ve loved each game nonetheless.

Can’t wait to try out Starhawk what with it being free including add-ons. Looks like a lot of fun. What intrigues me more is Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Rabbit. I’ll definitely be looking into that once payday comes later this week. So far, I haven’t regretted getting PS+ back in March and I still don’t.

The only other thing left for me to do now is wait patiently for them AND, on the non+ side, Episode 4 of The Walking Dead to be released…eventually. Episode 3 was just…heartwrenching..

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Played Hell Yeah! at E3; lots of fun and looks amazing. Super clean 2D visuals and what not; can’t wait to play it at home =)

+ helbertpina on September 24th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Hey Morgan, you should be a guest (or even better, a regular!) on the Blogcast!!! Everybody loves you, dude!

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Well I wouldn’t say everybody, but I appreciate the support nonetheless =)

+ TERMINATOR543 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

To everyone that is hating on us getting only the single player portion of the game, Starhawk has only been out for a few months so appreciate getting it this early. Plus, just think of it as a discount, being that we get the singleplayer free and the multiplayer for $20 while non-plus members will have to pay $40 for the full game. Its like a 50% discount!! I can’t believe that you guys are complaining about this when its practically a steal!!

+ Ryumoau on September 24th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

@23 same here. I like being able to play the single player free, since i don’t think i would be very interested in the multiplayer part of the game.

I’m hoping this eventually starts a trend of shooters giving us the option to buy single or multiplayer seperately. I wonder how many would get the full call of duty game if the multiplayer was sold alone. lol

+ DazeOfWar on September 24th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

This is alright I guess. I really think you guys should be giving out the MP portion of the game instead since the SP was crap and basically only training for the MP. Bad story and very short. Plus it would have been even better for the whole game cause this half-a-game crap like The Walking Dead is just bad PR. You could have even gave Plus members a discount on the MP portion.

I was a D1 purchaser of Starhawk and traded it in after a month since the MP was kind of barren. Plus it drove me crazy because a lot of people just didn’t know how to play it. II hated playing capture the flag and build some base defenses to then have them destroy by fellow teammates because they want to build their own hawk launch pad and not use one of the five other ones close by. Considering I did enjoy the MP though and seeing some of the new improvements with the updates I may pick it up again.

As for the other discounted games I’ll just pass up because being a Plus member has got me not wanting to buy games anymore. I’m tired of getting games from Plus that I already have. Now that Vita gets Plus in November I could be happy with just spending $50 a year for games.

+ Misbik on September 24th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

I have to say I’m not a fan of the half-game Plus offerings. Giving us a portion of the game and essentially enticing us to give you more money for the rest of the game if we like the portion that we played…..Isn’t that the definition of a demo? Yes, I realize we’re getting more content for Starhawk than what a standard demo would give, but the concept is the same. Likewise with the Walking Dead games from a month or two ago, you give us an episode or two but if we want to finish the game we have to fork over another $15.

This is supposed to be the ‘Instant Game Collection’, not the ‘Teaser Half-Game Collection’. Starhawk should have been listed as a demo and not been put in the slot of a full PS3 title.

That being said, Plus has still been a great buy and well worth the money from the other offerings we’ve been given over the past year. Just please…..no more half games!

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks for the feedback!

+ tj5678 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Thanks for continueing to bring great content to plus users. I am particularly excited for the added vita support. Any clues to what content will be added to plus for vita users? Adding the handheld support to plus membership will hopefully generate more interest (and users) to a great gaming device.

+ Misbik on September 24th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

@Morgan: Just saw your response to post 24 saying that Starhawk is not taking up a slot int he Instant Game Collection, so I must retract my remark #31! :)

+ ripper171 on September 24th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

And now we only get half a game…

Where are the full games Europe gets?

You guys keep forcing us half games so that we purchase the full thing afterwards, but guess what? I’m not getting it by spite. You did it with The Walking Dead and now again…

Way to go to upset your loyal customers… if the idea is to P us off you’re doing an H of a good job!!!

+ DarkHowl on September 24th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Already have Starhawk from Day 1 but I’m glad to see all of that DLC being free for PS+. Between all of that sweet looking DLC and the 1.04 patch, sounds like Starhawk might stay in my PS3 for a long while.
Thanks for the Tokyo Jungle discount on release! You guys need to do that more often. Maybe more of the 20%+ off release discounts? ;D

+ DazeOfWar on September 24th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

@29: I would still purchase the full COD game as I like the SP and the MP. There are probably many though that would pass up the SP.

Starhawks SP though is garbage. The story was crap and it really just felt like I was playing MP mission that reminded me of say Unreal III’s SP.

+ foxhound421 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Nice! I’ve been really curious about Starhawk, but never go around to picking it up. Offering the single-player for free is a great way to get people to try it. If i like the game, I’ll gladly pay 1/2 of retail price ($20) to unlock the multiplayer.

+ ripper171 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Just saw your reply to “24″. You should have mentioned in the article that it was a bonus game. Now I got upset for no reason… Sorry! (and thanks for the bonus game)

+ RidleysBox on September 24th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

Tokyo Jungle, so few dollar for some carnal fun. Question though, Is the Pomeranian DLC from the JP version included? Is it censored at all? Sony has a strange method of determining what is suitable for NA audiences.

+ miroku06 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

Regarding PS+ on Vita, will it also have an Instant Game collection? If so, will it have a mix of full games and Playstation Mobile games? Keep up the good work! And yes, I’m sending this from Vita! Greatest portable ever!

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Yes it will have an instant game collection. As far as the types of games though, not sure if PS Mobile content will be a part of it, but we’ll break out more details as we get closer

+ DazeOfWar on September 24th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Also isn’t all DLC free to everybody anyways since that’s what was announced before the game came out and what good does it do the Plus members who only get the SP portion of the game since it’s all MP add-ons?

+ snakeeyes211 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Morgan you’re so silly I didn’t mean waste in that way I meant for them to pull the money out of their pocket and buy the multiplayer portion of the game :-)

+ snakeeyes211 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

And yes I would love to see more people discovering the game at the game is truly amazing PlayStation plus members are in for a treat. Multiplayer single player is just fantastic lightbox did and continue doing a amazing job

+ boomstickbhg on September 24th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

Now this is how the walking dead partial game(s) should have been handled.

A great addition to Plus since it’s a bonus/in addition to the Instant Games. Newer than most of the rental titles we get as well so that’s cool. Also a good game.

If this is a sign of the type of games to come (newer, PS3 proper, etc…) then I’m looking forward to the next Instant Games update.

Ever since launch it’s been mostly PSN games added (or the old and owned by most people Borderlands right before the sequel dropped…).

Hopefully this is a step towards more and newer PS3 titles in the Rental section sooner rather than later (NA is still far behind what the EU Plus gets).

+ ResistanceGTA on September 24th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Can someone explain to me why I got a message from PS Plus telling me all the good things that are offered and asking me to come back.. my subscription has not lapsed since day one, and its still active until March…

+ Morgan Haro on September 24th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Yeah I think the system may need some tinkering

+ blakseed on September 24th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Awesome update.

+ Hado666 on September 24th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Another update full of dissapointment, we STILL don’t get the extra 8, EIGHT full games that Plus EU got, and now they give us “HALF Starhawk”, yeah that’s right, oh and btw, they gave us the wrong half, because the good half is the multiplayer (the half you have to pay), so there you go, another “deal” like the Walking dead episodes. I didn’t believed i could get more bs from sony, i really thought they would start giving us new games (good ones) or at least the same ones that EU got, but we get one and its half (again, not the fun half). Great “instant game collection”, yeah right.

+ Ryumoau on September 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

@47 i can understand the frustration of Sony choosing to favor european members over everyone else. I’m still pretty happy with my subscription all things considered. I’m hoping to see more discounts, since i seem to enjoy them alot more than the free games they have given us.

+ DazeOfWar on September 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

@45 ResistanceGTA: Did you ever add a 1 month trial to your Plus? Like the ones you get with the games. Starhawk actually gave a free month trial when bought new. They sent me a message the other day saying please come back and gave me another month to add to my subscription.

+ KidCommando on September 24th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

@ ResistanceGTA

Same thing happened to me. Plus since day one, and I got a message asking to come back with a 7-day trial.

I know others got 30-day free trial messages, so I don’t know why some got 7days…especially people who already have Plus.

PAGE 1 2 3 4