Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Sep 24

Sep 24

PlayStation Plus Update: Starhawk Campaign Free, Hell Yeah and Tokyo Jungle Discounts

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Plus continues to get better and better with online game save storage increasing to 1GB last week as well as new details on Plus for PS Vita. Now its time for Starhawk’s single player campaign to join the Plus lineup of amazing free content for members. With this, and other great deals on new release titles, it’s easy to see why Plus members continue to enjoy the best deal in gaming. But enough talk, have at you!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

September 25th PlayStation Plus Update

Starhawk (Single Player Campaign Only) and All Add-Ons
Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Starhawk is arriving for download on PSN with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update and it’s coming with options: You can download the Single Player Campaign, or if multiplayer is more your speed, you can elect to download just that mode. And of course, you can also snag the entire game with all modes included. Plus members get the complete single player campaign free with their membership as well as several bits of Add-On content. If you like what you play, don’t forget to pick up the multiplayer mode! It’s also a great time to get in on the MLG Starhawk $20,000 tournament happening soon. Head over to the Starhawk MLG site for all the rules and details!

In addition, we’re throwing in all the Starhawk Add-ons for Plus members! That includes every multiplayer skin, every vehicle paint scheme, the new Grizzly Exo-Rig and the Pod Cannon, even the game’s bombastic soundtrack; it’s all free for Plus members. Watch for tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update to see the complete item breakdown.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
20% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99)
If you haven’t had your eye on this new PSN release, you need to check out the above trailer. You’re an angry rabbit with a thirst for vengeance, a super sawing jetpack driller and some seriously badass weapons. Explore, jump, shoot, loot, upgrade, drill and destroy Hell’s monsters. ALL OF THEM. Get it with a first week discount through PlayStation Plus.

Tokyo Jungle
It’s the experience gaming site Polygon hailed as the game that has “inspired more breathless updates to friends and coworkers than any game in recent memory…”. It’s that crazy, and it’s that good. With more than 50 playable animals to choose from, unleash your inner beast to hunt your way to the top of Tokyo’s post-apocalyptic food chain. Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face, so be prepared for anything and everything.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus 9-24-2012

Add Your Own

DiegoHuXO said:

September 24th, 11:39 am

Hey Morgan!!!

Can you tell us how Trophies will work for this Free Single player on Starhawk ?

Thanks man, by the way, Excellent job on PS+!!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 24th, 1:35 pm

Hmm, well I’m not intimately familiar with Starhawk’s trophies, but any Trophy that you can snag in the Single player will be able to be awarded as you play through the game, even if you got it free in Plus.

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 11:40 am

I have a few things to say hopefully you’ll take the time to read it and reply.

1. Can you please explain to people that they don’t have to download every single game in the instant collection right away to get it? Please tell people they can just purchase it at $0 and then download it whenever they want! Maybe then people will stop asking what game the new free game is replacing. Its irrelevant what games get cycled out of the Instant Collection, and there is a reason Sony is keeping Infamous 2 and LBP 2 and some of the bigger games in there, to entice new people to sign up, and have them still get some great games…

2. Whats with this double trophy nonsense. Games that are on Vita and PS3 and allow save transfers, should have a shared trophy list. Not 2 identical yet separate lists. It doesn’t make sense to me and is obviously just an excuse to try to get trophy hunters like me to buy both copies of a game, even if we are only going to play one version, then transfer our save get our trophies and not play the other version. Its also a slap in the face to people who have worked hard over the last few years to actually “earn” our trophies.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 24th, 1:38 pm

#1) You’re pretty much right on the money, if I see an opportunity to explain it in future posts, I’ll do so.
    #2) We’re looking into it further from what I understand to get things a bit more consistent, but that’s all I know.
    #3 and #4) Thanks for the feedback! Encourage you to go on TellTale’s channels regarding the feedback on the more dev centric feedback

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 11:41 am

3. I’m really missing the great sales you guys used to offer plus members. Getting a 20% day one discount on a $15 game is not nearly as enticing as all the great games I got last year for $5-$7.50. You may say, people would rather get free games, but when its games we don’t want or already have, we’d prefer discounts on several games so we can choose what we want to play for the week, not what Sony says I can rent for a while.

4. Giving out incomplete games is also nonsense. 2 episodes of a 5 episode game is pretty lame and is very clearly a marketing tactic. The setup of Walking Dead is also pretty bad. Why do I have to reinstall the first episode to play future episodes? Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of the game being episodic? A lot of us are pressed for harddrive space and will obviously delete the game after we finish it, only to find out we have to download it again to play the next episode? I also have a download limit through my ISP. Please have developers take this into account in the future!

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 11:43 am

Lastly, I just want to know if we’re ever going to get the Arkedo Series games in North America…maybe now that we got Hell Yeah?

FORMIK said:

September 24th, 11:47 am

This is a great way to introduce new players to Starhawk!

Any news on a possible PlayStation Store upgrade? I’m talking to the actual store, and not just content.

Neil said:

September 24th, 11:51 am

Day 1 for Tokyo Jungle. Really happy that this game is only a day away.

horndoghorner said:

September 24th, 11:53 am

If anyone has the extra 20 in their wallet, I would HIGHLY recommend the multiplayer for Starhawk. I’ve never been much of an online gamer aside from lbp, but starhawk and the developers commitment have completely changed that. And besides, most people complaining about it are usually just butt hurt from a base rape, not realizing how easy and awesome it is to turn the tables. Support Lightbox!

Shouper2273 said:

September 24th, 11:54 am

well i bought a $20 PSN card and was allready planning to buy atleast a 3 month PS+ card ALL just for this game so I`m in luck, THANKS EVRYONE for makign this happen (SONY, PSN, LBI, Santa Monica etc)

EliteDave93 said:

September 24th, 11:55 am

Sweet! Was kinda hoping that PS+ members would get GTA III for free or alteast some discount.

thebiglouie said:

September 24th, 11:55 am

What happened to the promised PS+ discounts on the God of War HD/Origins HD bundle and Infamous 1/2 bundle coming out tomorrow? Are we still getting those?

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 11:56 am

Hahaha sorry I got sidetracked. The reason I came to the comment section was to ask whatever happened to Retro City Rampage? That game was supposed to come out in June!

Also I thought Okami was coming out in September? If that ends up a free game for Plus Members then all is forgiven Sony. (Can we at least get a substantial discount, like 50% off? $20 is $10 too much for a remake in my humble opinion) I have noticed in browsing the Avatars that you seem to have a decent relationship with Capcom. Make it happen!

thebiglouie said:

September 24th, 12:03 pm

I forgot to say: Ratchet & Clank Collection was promised a PS+ discount and that’s coming tomorrow as well.

DaZetheMaZe said:

September 24th, 12:08 pm

Looks like a big week, will we be getting Resident Evil 6 and NBA 2k13 digital? If so can we get an opportunity to preorder them with bonuses or day one bundled bonuses same as other retailers.

TheJuggla17 said:

September 24th, 12:08 pm

Hello,

Will the Ratchet and Clank Collection be $30 and include the avatar and Sly 4 demo?

michael3993 said:

September 24th, 12:17 pm

Any news on when the third walking dead episode will be free to us PS+ guys?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 24th, 1:40 pm

Nothing like this has been announced, so to manage expectations; I wouldn’t hold your breath on this

tusunami said:

September 24th, 12:17 pm

Now this is totally awe awe soooooooooome, I like hell yeah & tokyo jungle.i’ll be picking up the 2 for sure cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sickcityxiii said:

September 24th, 12:21 pm

You people complaining about not getting the FULL STARHAWK game for free because you’re PSN+ members are jokers.

I think you get way more than your money’s worth as it is……Don’t be a bunch of whiners who are impossible to please.

Squiggle55 said:

September 24th, 12:32 pm

Misbik voiced his opinion very eloquently and I tend to agree. Several of the recent US plus games seem to be specifically chosen as a teaser/way to get people to buy something else — especially Starhawk and the Walking Dead.

That being said, I still find that PS+ has a LOT of value. Very excited about the addition to the Vita. I still feel that spending $50 a year is pretty much all I have to do to keep me busy.

If I had to choose between single player and multiplayer I would have vastly prefered the multiplayer for free. The replay value really is the big bonus. But I realize you also get some people saying the opposite and complaining about giving away multiplayer like after Gotham City Imposters, so that’s obviously not an easy decision to make.

MMAtt702 said:

September 24th, 12:33 pm

i saw this and was immidately excited. i think some people just have a glass-half-empty mentality

jonjon0890 said:

September 24th, 12:34 pm

Hey Morgan.

Will One Piece be $39.99 tomorrow? Please answer this question asap!
Good job 4 releasing half a game 4 free this on PS+. Looking forward 2 next month PS+.

ajallday365 said:

September 24th, 12:38 pm

is NBA 2k13 going to be a digital download on oct.2 ???

saab01 said:

September 24th, 12:41 pm

Wow interesting how Starhawk just came out not too long ago and now we are getting it free. This is good a good thing also I like the discount on Tokyo Jungle it also looks pretty sweet. I cant wait to play these games tomorrow.

InfinityAbsolute said:

September 24th, 12:44 pm

had Starhawk day 1. its a great game. MP is crazy, and now waiting on the new DLC, last 2 maps and balances were amazing. :)

P.S. to everyone one here ALL OF STARHAWK’s DLC, WAS ALWAYS GONNA BE FREE.

hpz82 said:

September 24th, 12:50 pm

Great stuff this week! One thing I would like is some dynamic themes for plus, like arkham city theme or something really cool like that.

Satnamji said:

September 24th, 12:51 pm

Now that the precedence is set with the Starhawk SP being offered free to Plus members (thanks, by the way!), any chance we can get now Red Dead Redemption that way too–if you can’t give us the full game, that is?

detictiveconan said:

September 24th, 12:53 pm

All right! I was hoping for a discount on Tokyo Jungle. And I’m so exited about all the games coming out tomorrow that I’m not even going to complain about Starhawk.( Although after thinking about it I’m not sure I would be complaining anyway since it’s clearly just a bonus marketing ploy and it’s not like we could have gotten something better if we weren’t getting it.)

I don’t mind the weekly updates but telling us what is coming for the week one day before the actually store update is not all that useful. I would much rather know what is coming next week instead of what’s coming tomorrow.

Gadirok said:

September 24th, 1:01 pm

This makes my day 1 copy of my limited edition feel worthless. Why are you guys giving out the co-op dlc and skins that should have been exclusive to the limited edition out this early?

I could understand maybe a year later, but my I feel kinda betrayed.

I don’t mind the co-op modes being released (more people get to play those maps), but the skins? They should have remained exclusive to the limited edition.

Nufis_K said:

September 24th, 1:10 pm

Another LAME update for PS+. Come on guys, after last week’s non-offer, you made us wait for this new update which consists of a half-game… Still won’t be renewing my subscription… Keep trying guys, i still have faith in you, for a couple of weeks more…

saintaqua said:

September 24th, 1:13 pm

Yay! I was afraid Tokyo Jungle would be overpriced! I will probably get this tomorrow night for sure!

ianmario809 said:

September 24th, 1:17 pm

Awsome cant wait For star hawk but mighty not play it this week busy with borderlands2

IIL0YDII said:

September 24th, 1:22 pm

hm ps1 classics?do we ever get crash bandicoot titles?spyro?

ElektroDragon said:

September 24th, 1:23 pm

If you’re going to give us free PLUS games, please give us the WHOLE game in the future. I don’t like where this model is going with things like Starhawk. At least discount the MP component for Plus in the future.

Also, I would have liked to see R.A.W. get a Plus discount. Better yet, make it a free Plus game at some point!

Ryumoau said:

September 24th, 1:25 pm

@76 i agree. There should be more notice of these things farther in advance. Its almost like they are booking the games they plan to release only a couple days ahead of each psn store update. They should instead have a set plan for what will be released each week till the end of the year, and give us details weeks ahead.

Ryumoau said:

September 24th, 1:27 pm

@82 all the reviews for RAW have been god awful. I’m glad PS Plus isn’t wasting a discount on that.

ItaChu said:

September 24th, 1:27 pm

Werent the Starhawk addons …ALWAYS free… Lol ps plus fail, really i dont know you didnt just give the complete game and not half of it free … I really hope ps plus gets better … But to me it looks like its getting worse

ItaChu said:

September 24th, 1:29 pm

@81 sorry buddy you missed that ps plus update

SideEffect34 said:

September 24th, 1:31 pm

Will we be able to earn trophies with just the Starhawk campaign?

TwinDad said:

September 24th, 1:39 pm

Only interested in Hell Yeah!.

What is the thoughts of PS+ having a few more genres. I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I would really like to see more RPG titles chosen.

Zoidzerg said:

September 24th, 1:55 pm

Hate FPSer mutliplayer so this is pretty much a win-win for me.

Hopefully there are demos of the two discounts this month, I am really interested in trying them out!

freshprincepbg said:

September 24th, 1:56 pm

Woo I’m glad Starhawk is a bonus, I was worried it was gonna take a spot in the collection. Hopefully one day the MP will go on sale.

Now bring it next monthPlus!!

AntiClockClock said:

September 24th, 1:59 pm

lol Tokyo Jungle at 1:19 *Doggy style*

Shatgan said:

September 24th, 2:00 pm

I rather have Tokyo jungle for free than Starhawk :/

Nufis_K said:

September 24th, 2:04 pm

Taken from the IGN review:

“The single-player campaign is, perhaps unsurprisingly, absolutely meant to prepare players for the online multiplayer.”

What you are giving to PS+ subscribers is an extended SP demo of a mainly multiplayer game. PS+ is getting worse every week. Really, really disappointing.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 24th, 3:14 pm

A review is one perspective for sure; but you could say the same thing about any other title with multiplayer and SP. COD’s single player could be looked at as preparation for multiplayer; but it’s still a hell of a ride. Same with Starhawk, imo.

DopeMunky3 said:

September 24th, 2:06 pm

This is completely random but do the Gangnam Style

TheGraveJoker said:

September 24th, 2:08 pm

Oh man im happy I bought a PS3 last month and subscribed to PS+. Its so worth it

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 2:08 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply Morgan :)

@zoidzerg, I would love to see more niche RPGs for plus members as well, but they have lots of people to please and RPGs probably arent the most popular games. Maybe if enough of us ask nicely we’ll get one or two though! (Still would love a discount on Legasista!)

@freshprincepbg, see post 52, #1.

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 2:13 pm

My previous comment was meant to be directed at Twindad not Zoidzerg. My bad

MarkakaJin said:

September 24th, 2:27 pm

I hope something is better in October than the ones that was this month, September. I’d be bummed out if the next free content is all about Resident Evil again. I already got those content last year, RE 1-5.

Ryumoau said:

September 24th, 2:35 pm

@70 i agree.

I really hope Koei (or Namco) decides to be reasonable with the pricing of One Piece Pirate Warriors. Warriors Orochi 3 was overpriced at $50, but i can understand them not wanting to undercut the retail disk version for xbox 360.
One Piece is ps3 exclusive and only on psn in NA. There is NO excuse for it costing more than $39.99 (though $29.99 is better).

Squirtbot said:

September 24th, 3:30 pm

Starhawk single player seems cool, since I don’t own it and I wasn’t feeling the multiplayer Beta. I am super siked for Tokyo Jungle and… even more siked that it has a Plus Discount!!! Finally, I can use the $$$ in my Playstation wallet.

Even though I was one of the people that had all of the recent Plus releases, I happy with this weeks update :)