PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Plus Update: Starhawk Campaign Free, Hell Yeah and Tokyo Jungle Discounts

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Sep 24, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Plus continues to get better and better with online game save storage increasing to 1GB last week as well as new details on Plus for PS Vita. Now its time for Starhawk’s single player campaign to join the Plus lineup of amazing free content for members. With this, and other great deals on new release titles, it’s easy to see why Plus members continue to enjoy the best deal in gaming. But enough talk, have at you!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

September 25th PlayStation Plus Update

Starhawk (Single Player Campaign Only) and All Add-Ons
Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Starhawk is arriving for download on PSN with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update and it’s coming with options: You can download the Single Player Campaign, or if multiplayer is more your speed, you can elect to download just that mode. And of course, you can also snag the entire game with all modes included. Plus members get the complete single player campaign free with their membership as well as several bits of Add-On content. If you like what you play, don’t forget to pick up the multiplayer mode! It’s also a great time to get in on the MLG Starhawk $20,000 tournament happening soon. Head over to the Starhawk MLG site for all the rules and details!

In addition, we’re throwing in all the Starhawk Add-ons for Plus members! That includes every multiplayer skin, every vehicle paint scheme, the new Grizzly Exo-Rig and the Pod Cannon, even the game’s bombastic soundtrack; it’s all free for Plus members. Watch for tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update to see the complete item breakdown.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
20% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99)
If you haven’t had your eye on this new PSN release, you need to check out the above trailer. You’re an angry rabbit with a thirst for vengeance, a super sawing jetpack driller and some seriously badass weapons. Explore, jump, shoot, loot, upgrade, drill and destroy Hell’s monsters. ALL OF THEM. Get it with a first week discount through PlayStation Plus.

Tokyo Jungle
It’s the experience gaming site Polygon hailed as the game that has “inspired more breathless updates to friends and coworkers than any game in recent memory…”. It’s that crazy, and it’s that good. With more than 50 playable animals to choose from, unleash your inner beast to hunt your way to the top of Tokyo’s post-apocalyptic food chain. Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face, so be prepared for anything and everything.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus 9-24-2012

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DelMurice on September 25th, 2012 at 1:59 am said:

#102 Nice thing about Plus, if you download something, you can always get it again if it’s not offered anymore and you still have Plus activated. You can go to your purchase history and get it. I still play games from last year that are no longer found in the Plus section of the store.

+ cusetown313 on September 25th, 2012 at 3:53 am said:

great update , sony is starting to get the picture , no multiplayer sucks , but thanks i will repurchase my playstation plus , if this a another update with psn games i wasn’t gonna repurchase , but since we get starhawk , it changed my mind , keep UP THE FULL PS3 GAMES !!

+ cusetown313 on September 25th, 2012 at 3:59 am said:

BUT STARHAWK SINGLE PLAYER SUCKS , this is a multiplayer game like warhawk , i feel as we are getting , low quality games , borderlands , walking dead , ? those games suck , now this would have been a lot better if you guys traded the FULL STARHAWK FOR INFAMOUS 2 ,

+ cusetown313 on September 25th, 2012 at 4:00 am said:

WHY IS INFAMOUS 2 AND LBP2 STILL ON OUR INSTANT GAME COLLECTION , THAT 2 FULL GAMES NO WONDER WE DON’T GET ANY FULL GAMES , !! SONY NOT THAT IMPRESSED !!

+ UltimateDisco on September 25th, 2012 at 4:27 am said:

@cusetown313 Are you two different people? Your posts are all over the place. Be appreciative. The Plus gifts are awesome! Discounts on brand new PSN games? How can you not be happy with that?

I was going to buy Tokyo Jungle on PSN no matter what, but for $12?! Sony, you have made my week. I am going to enjoy that game too much!

As usual, thank you for the awesome perks of Playstation Plus. Every week brings a smile to my face.

+ FORMIK on September 25th, 2012 at 5:53 am said:

Lightbox Interactive, you guys are awesome. And not just because you’re offering content for Plus. Starhawk has been on my short list of wanted games, and I will be meeting up with a group of friends this weekend in some multiplayer carnage!

+ FORMIK on September 25th, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Starhawk should release a DLC character: Bobak Ferdowsi, NASA’s “mohawk guy”, also known as Starhawk!

+ saab01 on September 25th, 2012 at 6:49 am said:

I just found out that Tokyo Jungle will not have a demo so you know what that means. No Buy! I was really looking forward to this game and now without a demo I cant risk it and take a chance when I might not like the feel of the game play.

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

@157 not having a demo is pretty lame. But at $12, its not that much of a loss to me if i buy it and don’t like it.

+ CommandingTiger on September 25th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

The only real advantage of the Starhawk Single Player for free is that I can buy the Multi-player version for less while still having the full version for less.

That way, I can sold my full copy, and convince my friends to get the multiplayer version for 20$.

+ austinite04 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

I for one, WANT separate Single/multiplayer games, I think all games would benefit from that, because there are a lot of people who never really play the single player campaign… I am looking forward to Freebie PS Plus Vita games too.. I cleared some room off my 8 GB stick, Encourage me to Buy a 100 dollar memory card by offering full games for free on the PS PLUS VITA thing… I’d be a huge fan of PS Plus on Vita if a good number of games were steeply discounted or free…

+ crobar77 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

When does the download go live on PSN? I can’t get it as of yet. And how do I get the 1 gb of cloud storage? I’m still stuck at 150 mb. The 1 gig would’ve been nice when i upgraded my harddrive.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 25th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

For the 1GB Cloud Storage upgrade you need to make sure that your firmware is all up to date. Once you’re there, then you should have access to the 1GB for your game saves.

+ Redikol on September 25th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Starhawk’s single-player campaign for free! That’s pretty awesome.

+ Randinator-_001 on September 25th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

this is very good news but im having an error every time i try to download starhawk, any1 else is having the same problem?

+ Randinator-_001 on September 25th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

every time i try to download starhawk it says; “an error occurred during the install operation (8071040C)”

+ USCCM on September 25th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

@squiggle55 yea I just found out moments ago and went ‘bloody hell’.

So Morgan, I take back what I said in my previous comment. Booooooooooo…

+ USCCM on September 25th, 2012 at 6:23 pm said:

But we did get 2 free themes last week, and another 2 free themes this week, and loads of avatars…

Still… that was a killjoy…

Booooooo…

+ FireDragonMonkey on September 25th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

Thanks Morgan for all these replies! It makes us feel good knowing someone reads these posts and takes them into consideration! And it’s great having an extra unexpected bonus this week!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have another promotion for renewing our PSN+ membership? I subsribed back a year ago July when they had the anniversary special of 3 free months and now mine is almost up. I was hoping for something like that again this year, or at least like Sony offered in the Fall with a free game. I would prefer 3 months free so I can use the 20$ I’d save towards a game of my choice, but either would be better than nothing :) Thanks!

+ lelovila on September 25th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Monthly my friend talks about his uk plus subscription, seems like bullying to me.

+ USCCM on September 25th, 2012 at 8:59 pm said:

LOL @ lelovila

Cyber-bullying taken to a whole new level courtesy of EU PS+ !

I am sure he’s just bragging, excited from all these cool stuff he’s getting. We all are actually.

A comparison between EU and US PS+ are not really that fair, to be honest. EU PS+ subscription is more expensive, though not by much.

And although they get an extra Machinarium this month, the price of that game is next to nothing on Steam during any sale. Instead, the 4 themes given by US PS+ are exclusive only to the PS3 so in effect that is more worthwhile… but you can’t play it…

+ shields199219 on September 26th, 2012 at 12:03 am said:

so i downloaded the sp and then thought if i bought an online pass that i would be able to play online so i spent 10 dollars on the online pass and turns out i cant play online because i have the sp version of the game then why do you have a online pass to buy i think i should get a refund or at least be able to play the multiplayer.

+ PayneKiller1509 on September 26th, 2012 at 4:27 am said:

Starhawk is taking me over 8 hours to download. I paused it to download NBA 2k13 demo and a few other stuff in regular expected times for the file size, but Starhawk is downloading at a noticeably slower rate.

+ PayneKiller1509 on September 26th, 2012 at 4:29 am said:

@162 If you can access the PS Store, you are already up to date with your firmware and have the 1GB cloud storage.

+ SauceyWombat on September 26th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

Thank you Morgan for announcing a few things PS+ members could expect to see in the update. While I understand top billing goes to the new addition of Starhawk single player + DLC I don’t understand why there is no mention of everything else included in Tuesday’s PS+ update. Why is the PS+ news so incomplete? Look at all these PS+ items that we got that was never mentioned!

Music
Starhawk – Original Soundtrack FREE for PS+

Avatars
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (4 Avatars)
Jet Set Radio (6 Avatars)

Themes
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Decepticon Dynamic Theme
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit Dynamic Theme

Add-Ons
Starhawk DLC already mentioned (AWESOME stuff!)
Tokyo Jungle Animal Character Add-On Bundle FREE to PS+: Black Pomeranian, White Pomeranian, Silky Terrier, & Fat Cat Character

Full Game Trial
Mirror’s Edge

+ USCCM on September 26th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

EU PS+ just added another free game into this month’s list: Super Stardust Portable for the PSP.

-_-

Morgan…

+ x–TkA–x on September 27th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

Hi, thanks for the info. I just downloaded star hawk and all the add ons, but i’m still trying to figure out where to find the multi player version of it or the ‘full game’ as you mentioned: “You can download the Single Player Campaign, or if multiplayer is more your speed, you can elect to download just that mode. And of course, you can also snag the entire game with all modes included. ”

Any tips?

+ Crunch1500 on September 27th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

if u hav ps+ and u download all DLC on Starhawk do u still keep it if your subscription runs out

+ vasco_hellghast on September 28th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

what about releasing the same content in EU…
In EU we don’t have Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja…
The store looks messed up:
- Themes in Game zones;
- PS + stuff dont show;
- Empty pages;
- Some stuff appear in a wierd language like spanish or french instead of my language or english…

+ Milkmaniac on October 1st, 2012 at 1:49 am said:

Grr. Loving the free Solo Campaign, I purchased the Online Pass Add-On tonight in order to “access all online features.” It seems that that hasn’t worked and that the $9.99 spent was a waste.. Do I have to spend an additional $19.99 now for the multi? Will this result in two separate executables on the PS3 dashboard, Solo and Multi Starhawk, with a different trophy set and save file for each? Have I wasted $9.99? The collection page and actions resulting from each purchase option are, sadly, quite confusing.. Please advise.

+ GalP15 on October 6th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Please think about add Dead island goty to the ps plus for 20$ or for free :)

+ adny22 on October 6th, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

If I have the single player of Starhawk from PS Plus and buy the Multi-player for $19.99 is it two seperate games on the XMB? or does it become one seamless game?

+ revolvermrkalot on October 7th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

I downloaded the starhawk free single player. If I were to buy the online pass for 10$, would I c=get acces to the multiplayer game?

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

Thank you so much Sony for allowing me to try this game out I love this one and to my amazement I find Payday up for Free only for Plus Members. This is why my Loyality is with Sony and not stupid XBOX 360 crap. Microsoft can go to Hell! I’m just glad I sprang for the 1 year membership. So quite yer whining you Trollers and Haters. PLUS gots your gaming ensentials. That doesn’t mean we just Freeload off of plus yall. I still went out and bought Borderlands 2. Just cause I’m a Plus member doesn’t mean my Gaming Needs are complete! There is always gonna be the must have titles that no matter what the case maybe, Bad Economy, No Job you’ll sell your Pets your Kids your Guitars or whatever to afford. Only then are you a True Video Gaming Addict :) I know how to Hustle to get what I want. ya feel me? =)

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

LONG LIVE SONY CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

essentials* opps mybad.

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

@cusetown313 quit your b1tchin man. Sony is doing a good job – Didn’t your Parents ever tell you “Don’t look a Gift Horse in the Mouth?”

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

@cusetown313 I’m just messing with you man. I agree they should have offered Mutiplayer with it. They did offer everything else. And I tried looking for a Mutiplayer DLC couldn’t find it. :/ Oh well. It still is a good game like Quake Wars.

+ The_Wheelman_IV on October 17th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

I SRY I have to do this… Scrolling text for hours is sort of my thing ;/ ROFL @ TOKYOJUNGLE. :D It’s well part of my secret plan to Destroy the Internet, by Overloading it with Scrolls and Scrolls of TEXT MUHAHAHAHAHA! The World will soon be mine for the Taking! NARF! Shutup Pinky! SMACK!

PAGE 1 2 3 4