Ratchet & Clank PS4

Sep 25

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is Go for Launch!

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Sep 25, 2012 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Welcome to Carnivala! Explore a land of mystery and peril as Sackboy debuts in his first PS Vita adventure. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita officially launches today in North America on PS Vita game card and PSN today, and sets our loveable hero on an all-new journey filled with an unprecedented level of exploration and content creation.

Swing by your nearest retailer to pick up a copy, or purchase the digital version through PSN with today’s PlayStation Store update. Don’t dawdle: if you download the game during the first week of release (September 25th through October 1st), you will receive the special BioShock and Knights of Old costume packs bundled with your purchase.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

What the Critics are Saying

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is already a smash success with critics. It’s currently sitting at the top of the charts on Metacritic and the reviews have been sacktastic!

G4TV – 4.5/5
“LittleBigPlanet PS Vita takes the solid platforming from the PlayStation 3 releases and pairs [it] wonderfully with the Vita’s touch controls. The ease of level creation and beautiful visuals make LittleBigPlanet PS Vita the best LBP title to date.”
GameSpot– 8.5/10
“The Vita version of LittleBigPlanet is the best yet, and makes great use of touch and tilt controls to boot.”
PCMag (Editor’s Choice) – 4.5/5
“This is easily the best version of LittleBigPlanet yet, with more creation tools than ever. It looks just as good as it did on the PS3, and the extensive options promise no end of levels and even full games from the community.”
New York Post – A
“This is a joyful, creative game… if you don’t smile when you’re playing, something’s broken in your brain.”

Now, it’s time for the community to speak. We can’t wait to hear what you think of the title, but more importantly, we can’t wait to see what you create! Levels are already starting to pour in on the LBP PS Vita community page – be sure to bookmark http://vita.lbp.me/ before you let your imagination run wild!

PAGE 1 2

+ Niko_of_Death on September 25th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

I got it @ gamestop due to early release, I had planned to pre order at amazon, but got it last sunday at gamestop, as I had been told that you got pre order codes. Would it be possible for me to get one?

+ hypersk_us on September 25th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

One question about the pre-order items…

If we get the pre-order Knights of Old costumes with the limited edition colors… are we entitled to the “regular” colors the same costumes when they come out on the PSN?

+ victorhugoborges on September 25th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

I want a game about the guys in charge of updating PSN store.
It will be called “The Three Stooges”.

In the end, we will discover that they are spys working for Microsoft. The end.

+ Beetey on September 25th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

Any chance ad hoc multiplayer will be added at some point?

+ interaramo on September 25th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

Quick question: I live in the US and I’ve been waiting what seems like years for the “official release date” of the game so I can download all of my store costumes, but it seems that even though it’s already September 25th, the costumes aren’t available. Please help! My sackboy keeps tugging at my sleeve pointing at all the other sackboy’s costumes! Thanks! (By the way, I got it 10 days earlier since gamestop screwed up, GO GAMESTOP)

+ interaramo on September 25th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Oh jeez! I have a clone! Hi five Beetey!

+ interaramo on September 25th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

I’d like to add that I love the game with my entire heart. It’s the best thing that’s happened since LBP 2! I won’t go anywhere without the fine and dandy LBP Vita! The store, to class (shhh!!! you didn’t hear anything! ;), the kitchen and even the bathroom! I LOVE THE GAME! The entire game was epic, and I’d like to say I completed story mode on the third day, there I said it. (Third day since I got it 10 days early thanks to the malfunctioning employees at Gamestop, Bless you Malfunctioning Workers!)

+ arturfbt on September 25th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

its live through search already !!! downloading 1,1 gb e inclui os addons.

+ Ramnok on September 25th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

It’s the 25th at 5:30, I can download all the costumes from the ps3 store and I get both as a cross buy voucher so that part works on the ps3 but how on earth do I get them to my psv? they dont transfer through content manager, so what’s the deal? Are the stores still down? Been waiting for awhile now and I suppose waiting another day cant hurt.. but I’m starting to get a bit cranky at waiting.

Also I get a msg that says I have cross buy costumes, I click “Go to store” on window that pops up when it detects I have them and it just sits. I dont get brought to the store so I check and it says there isn’t any content in the store and all the options are crossed out. I’ve put in my voucher and redownload the online pass thinking that may be it (even tho I can play online) and nada.

Hopefully you guys can direct me since I’ve searched everything and it’s nothing but news about lbp cross buy store and nothing helped..

+ elviejodearriba on September 25th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

is the game on the store? or not yet? please someone respond

+ jeff0918 on September 25th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

How do we get our pre-order costumes? When I enter the code all that comes up is the online pass.

+ saskamazon on September 25th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

@49 …. you need a seperate code for the costumes ….. at least mine was different than my online pass …. I bought retail & the code was not in the case for the costumes, just the online pass …. then I entered the costume code & there they were – all 6 of them – think the dragon is my fav. really looking fwd to getting my other costumes …. some really good community levels are out there already …. think I’ll spend the next few evenings playing some ….

+ Saduhem on September 25th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

Since I have not pre-prdered the game, will I be able to purchase the bioshock pack? It’s not on the store at the moment

+ nicarg on September 25th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

I was really excited about this release, sadly i read today that the game comes with an online pass; this is what is pushing me back to buy the game since i play on my PS Vita with an Argentinian account (started with this one long time ago and now i got lots of trophies) and im not able to exchange any kind of code (Example: LBP, Resistance, Reality Fighters) :S

+ Niko_of_Death on September 25th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

Would it be possible to just add the pre order content to the in game store for the first week, because some people couldn’t pre order due to early release?

+ WorldlyBuckbuck on September 25th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

now sony here we go again now you have 2 get it from your retailer but it say thank you for pre ordering your copy of littlebigplanet psvita usa the promotion code below to access the big daddy,little sister&knights of old costume packs for your sackboy or girl .?

+ angibri2000 on September 25th, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Hello, so far loving this game. Question, my pre-order costumes are not showing up even though I added the code from the insert that came with the game. Are these costumes not available yet?

+ saskamazon on September 25th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

@55 … the preorder costumes are available – I’ve been using them since the online service for LBP went live …. there was a second code for the costumes …… still can’t locate the Space Suit – the launch week freebie.

+ maxlovesamber on September 25th, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

And I never received a code for the dlc costumes. But Its annoying that I didnt get it from gamestop and now the PS store says that It comes free with first week purchases. So all because I bought the game off preorder from gamestop I’m not going to get the dlc costumes? Thats some serious bull%^#$.

+ ProFrothegreat on September 25th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

When is the Cross Controller capability coming out for LPB 2 and this game?

+ Elvick_ on September 25th, 2012 at 9:54 pm said:

@57: Blame Gamestop.

+ Jeyr2009 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:00 pm said:

i have lbp 1 game of the year edition that came with the metal gear solid costumes how can i transfer these to my lbp vita because they are in the store showing up with me having to buy them :(

+ Regor91 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:49 pm said:

When will the preorder costumes be available for purchase? I was “too late” to preorder, so I don’t have a code.

+ ScourgeGhost on September 26th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

@saskamazon: well where did you find the seperate code. I pre ordered from amazon. Even though the servers are up im still not getting my costumes. I tryed downloading the online pass 4 times to get the costumes but thier still not there. So can you tell me where the second code for the costumes are?

+ Chrisobsession on September 26th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

while playing the LBP vita game it stated that old costumes from other LBP games would be able to be used for LBP vita … i purchased some … it won’t work. when will they be avaiable for use ?

+ saskamazon on September 26th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

@62 …. Amazon was emailing out the DLC codes 48 hours after delivery I think their site said – did you check your spam folder ? I preordered from EB Games (Canadas Gamestop) & was provided a code at pick up …. when I redeemed it worked perfectly …. the 6 costumes are cute .

I still can’t locate the launch suit …. I see one of my friends got it though, so not sure why it’s not available to me …. not on the in game store or the PSN icon store …. I’ll check again …. I also have the MGS & Monster / History levels …. as well as Toy Story / Marvel & Muppets for LBP 1 & 2 …. so far it shows I would have to buy all the costumes again …. I’ll wait & see if that changes at some point ….

+ JQM78 on September 26th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

I pose a challenge to everyone on this blog to try and top my high score on “Flounder’s Jump and Jive”!….

It’s an amazing story level that has a ‘race’ to the finish element…… You can actually bubble combo the entire level!!!

Check it out, it’s the most addicting level in the game imho!

+ DarkOne_PR on September 26th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

this was a day one for me and still enjoying it! Guys u made a great work. consider urselves one of the teams on my list which I will trust…. unlike nihilistic…. :/

+ saskamazon on September 26th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

for anyone having difficulty finding the Space Suit for launch week, go to the PSN store from the PS3 …. that’s where I found it & then it was on the DL list on the Vita …. it’s installed now …. looks great ! strange it didn’t appear on the list from the ingame store, but happy to have it either way …. :-)

+ Dnut on September 26th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

I haven’t seen this addressed and not many responses but I hope someone can help with the pre-order DLC. I bought mine at Best Buy and the code didnt print on receipt, they told me the code is in the box. Well we opened it and there was a card there. When I put in the code it says it’s for on line pass, but no costumes. The card even lists all the DLC costumes on it, someone please help!

+ Jeyr2009 on September 26th, 2012 at 10:06 pm said:

the code that came in the box is only the online pass even though it says that its for costumes it was a misprint error..i preordered from gamestop so my costume codes came on the reciept..sorry but bestbuy is mistaken by code inside the box

+ crash1947 on September 26th, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:

My brother got all the lbp dlc on his account how would i be able to use the Dlc on the Psvita lbp

+ Crazy-Maisy on September 27th, 2012 at 5:55 am said:

We got the game at GS early, but hadn’t preordered it there. BB had our pre-order, so we didn’t get the DLC code from GS, they refused to give it to us, and then at BB yesterday we were picking up our pre-order and they were so messed up they didn’t know about the DLC … and are giving us the runaround about it! Short story, they gave us the two game copies for hardly an $, but no codes, and they SAY they’ll look into it, but they have NO CLUE!

+ Crazy-Maisy on September 27th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

In our household we currently have 2 PS Vita’s. On mine I found the Spacesuit Costume in-game in Store, no problem, Persieds too.

My son’s PS Vita, neither of those two costumes showed up.

I could search in the store on my Vita “Space” and there it was in results.

Search on my son’s Vita and “Space” brings no results. It wasn’t on the main store under Add-Ons for him either. Yes, other costumes, but not these two.

So since we have PS3’s I went to the store on that for his account and found the spacesuit and downloaded it. So he was then able to access it on his PS Vita via Download List in the Store.

It’s a solution, but another solution needs to be found for those people who don’t have a PS3 and also it’s ridiculous that it’s missing from some people’s PS Vita’s but not other’s.

+ DShinobi on September 27th, 2012 at 6:22 am said:

Hey guys, I got a question. I bought littlebigplanet 1 special edition which came with already installed dlc like the history pack, monster pack as well as the metal gear solids. I was able to transfer them all over to lbp2 without a problem, but now it is showing on the vita that I never purchased them. (well that is true since it was on the special additon.) would I have to buy it “again” just to have it on the vita?

+ h2omasnah- on September 27th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Great job on another great PlayStation Vita game that can ONLY be played on PlayStation Vita. Keep doing that and release all games that can be played on PSVita and PS3 on both consoles with Cross Everything, make it a portable game console and tablet hybrid, a dedicate app store, obvious improvements, free digital copies of our movies, include memory card with every PSVita or give it internal storage space and lower the price of memory cards and games. You won’t even need to drop the price of the PSVita if you do that and it will sell like crazy.

+ Jeyr2009 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

Im wondering the same thing on all the costumes that came included with lbp1 game of the year edition..but no response

+ KilledFirst on September 29th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

@Sharon K

Why is SONY quiet on the cross-controller functionality? A little tidbit is better than silence on the matter. If it comes with a price tag, so be it. Just ask someone who can give us something on the matter. “We’re working diligently to ensure the cross-controller functionality is going to work day one without and hick-ups, please be patient” is better then the potential of it never happening.

+ koalafelixi on October 1st, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

Lbp is great but when will i be able to play TETRIS on the vita?
Its my absolut favorite of all times and cant believe that this potent hardware is lacking the simplest yet very addictive software.!!

If there is no special version solely for the vita what about making the psp mini compatiblev with the vita??

Pleeeeeaaasseee sony come up with tetris soon

+ Ofuvy on September 25th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

+ Donelwero on September 25th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Waiting for the psn update.

Hope it brings cool PSOne titles too!

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

meh…more interested in One Piece, Tokyo Jungle, and Dead Rabbits game coming today.

+ polo155 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

I bought this last week, will i be able to download my dlc from lbp 1 i never bought prt2 but the dlc for 1 works in 2 so eill it work for vita, i know some will eventually but any today?

Also my already made characters, can i transfer thrm

How about the dlc for vita ad a controller?

+ Uriel_Itachi on September 25th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Been playing LBP Vita for a week now, and my vita could’t be more happier. Right now I’m playing with the create tool, trying to make a sackbot do stuff. Can’t wait to have the costumes DLC from LBP1, and LBP2 on my Vita.

+ polo155 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

So why write here Ryumoau iditos not allowed!

I love lbp vita, i cant believe how much more i love it then on ps3!

+ Kong_Angantyr on September 25th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Tarsier and Double Eleven, you guys hit it out of the park! You have done Sony and Media Molecule proud.

As for the rest of us…whether you are a long time fan or have never played any version…you owe it to yourself to pick this up. And, if you have an ounce of creativity in that noggin of yours, you will get uncountable hours of mad scientist-like joy from create mode.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 25th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

Thank you!! LBP PS Vita has a lot of new Create features so we can’t wait to see the unique levels you guys come up with :)

+ ASC2175 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Can I has costumes naow?

+ RXMaverick on September 25th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

Refresh… nope not there yet. 9 day waiting since I saw it in a store and counting.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

Please update the store soon! It’s bad enough that the digital version didn’t get released early like the retail copies. These last few hours of waiting are killing me!

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 25th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

The wait will make it all the sweeter when it finally arrives ;)

+ WorldlyBuckbuck on September 25th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

how can sony say its out on the playstation network but it is not , come on sony littlebigplanet vita store is not up now who mad

PAGE 1 2