Destiny The Taken King

Sep 25

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is Go for Launch!

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Sep 25, 2012 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Welcome to Carnivala! Explore a land of mystery and peril as Sackboy debuts in his first PS Vita adventure. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita officially launches today in North America on PS Vita game card and PSN today, and sets our loveable hero on an all-new journey filled with an unprecedented level of exploration and content creation.

Swing by your nearest retailer to pick up a copy, or purchase the digital version through PSN with today’s PlayStation Store update. Don’t dawdle: if you download the game during the first week of release (September 25th through October 1st), you will receive the special BioShock and Knights of Old costume packs bundled with your purchase.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

What the Critics are Saying

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is already a smash success with critics. It’s currently sitting at the top of the charts on Metacritic and the reviews have been sacktastic!

G4TV – 4.5/5
“LittleBigPlanet PS Vita takes the solid platforming from the PlayStation 3 releases and pairs [it] wonderfully with the Vita’s touch controls. The ease of level creation and beautiful visuals make LittleBigPlanet PS Vita the best LBP title to date.”
GameSpot– 8.5/10
“The Vita version of LittleBigPlanet is the best yet, and makes great use of touch and tilt controls to boot.”
PCMag (Editor’s Choice) – 4.5/5
“This is easily the best version of LittleBigPlanet yet, with more creation tools than ever. It looks just as good as it did on the PS3, and the extensive options promise no end of levels and even full games from the community.”
New York Post – A
“This is a joyful, creative game… if you don’t smile when you’re playing, something’s broken in your brain.”

Now, it’s time for the community to speak. We can’t wait to hear what you think of the title, but more importantly, we can’t wait to see what you create! Levels are already starting to pour in on the LBP PS Vita community page – be sure to bookmark before you let your imagination run wild!

PAGE 1 2

+ omacranger on September 25th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

I bought this game early and IT IS AWESOME. It’s identical to the PS3 version in pretty much every way, with full and enjoyable touch integration. Definitely grab it. It’s worth every penny.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 25th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

I wouldn’t say identical in every way! It includes all the great creative gameplay that you’ve seen in previous LBPs, but adds on a whole bunch of new features and tools that will definitely switch up the levels. Also do not forget the dark and perilous setting of Carnivalia!

+ allnewfie on September 25th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

I got my lbp for vita last week and love it. I was just wonderig if the sticker packs we bought for lbp and lbp2 will also come to vita. I have a ton of sticker packs and would love use them in my vita lbp.

+ fester420 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

When will the cross controller update for LBP2 come out?

+ guitarded77 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

I’ve been playing for a few days now… This is the best LBP game to date!

+ balzerinyourface on September 25th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Update PS Store!!

+ lisatsunami on September 25th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

I am going to buy a PSN card & download LBPV tonight.

+ Saduhem on September 25th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

I bought the retail copy along with the ps VITA last friday. Does that mean I will have to pay for the costume packs?

+ saskamazon on September 25th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

amazing game ! love it ….. really intuitive & gorgeous levels ….. the characters are filled with charm & whimsy as always …. can hardly wait to get my launch suit …. missed out on the Earth Day costume b/c of the blog stating it would arrive the following week, when in fact, it was the current week – so I’ll be grabbing my space suit as soon as the update happens …. wonder what other costumes will be available – exciting it is ! the MP for this is a blast & already thousands of UG levels are available – so for those of you waiting on the digital version, that’s a bonus …. have fun out there ! thanks for another fantastic LBP game ….. now, any word on a LE LBP bundle ? if there was a Vita with Sackboy image I might be lured to the purchase …. could be too cute to pass up ….

I beat the game & am now trying to collect 100% & ace my levels ….. lots of replayability – to say nothing of the 5 arcade levels with 10 in each – offering 50 more levels ….. this is (IMO) the best Vita game to date ….. & that’s saying a lot, b/c many are terriffic …..

+ saskamazon on September 25th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

@18 – if you didn’t preorder the game, then yes, you will have to buy the costumes, although I think these colors may be exclusive to the preorder / launch ….. if you have the PS3 games, then those purchased costumes will at some point become available free …. remember to snag your launch space suit free this week only ….

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

@6 If you’re going to insult me, at least use proper spelling. :)

+ violent23 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

So you announced it’s release yesterday with a blog post on this site. Didn’t bother to put the game up though as Chris Norden of SCEA promised day and date releases of physical/digital games.

Now you are announcing it’s release again with another blog post and it is still not on the PSN store.

How incompetent are you people?

+ moe6142 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

when does psn update today…

+ deathuponhe52 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

so does this mean that the cross controller app is going to be out this week and is it going to be free and do you have to have the psvita version to be able to run the app?

+ JimmyHACK on September 25th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

@24 They have said the cross control pack for LBP2 will most likely not be out until after LBP Karting

+ deathuponhe52 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

when does that come out and thank you

+ saskamazon on September 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

@23 – PSN has no set time to update – generally by early evening, sometimes you get lucky & might find an earlier update. they should have a standard time, but this allows them more flexilibility …..

+ GylWind on September 25th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

While I am bummed to hear the cross-controller capability won’t be available until Karting is out (November), I can live with that. However, I entered the code I got with my pre-order and it was for online capability. Where are the costumes? When I go into my Popit, there are no Biosock or Knights of Old costumes!

+ JimmyHACK on September 25th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

@26 you only get the dlc if you pre-ordered from a retailer. The voucher included in the package is the online pass and misprinted on a dlc card. Official answer

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on September 25th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

I need a full game (digital) for free on my Vita. All I have is Plants vs Zombies and a few Zen Pinball 2 tables. I can’t afford much else right now considering I just bought Borderlands 2 and One Piece Japan Import.

+ cjmc18 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

aahh yeah nothing like a farn fresh ps vita game :)

+ cjmc18 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

+ XxJOE34xX on September 25th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

When are they going to put it on psn. I just looked and it’s still not on there.

+ deathuponhe52 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

try uncharted golden abyss played all the way through already the only down I thought was multiplayer there is none

+ Ofuvy on September 25th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Looks like I haven’t cared about it for now. This incompetence is killing me.

+ Craazy on September 25th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

I just want to know when the costumes will be available?

+ Figboy on September 25th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

I was one of the lucky bunch that got to pick up the title early, and I’ve had a blast with it. I’ve completed the story mode, which, I have to say, is the best LBP campaign I’ve played thus far (LBP1, and PSP: I’m still playing LBP2). Amazing and creative level design in those stages.

Visually, the game is amazing looking on the Vita screen, and already the community has created some really cool stuff for it. I never doubted the game would be fantastic, but man, this game is fantastic. The team did a wonderful job, so thank them all for me!

+ JimmyHACK on September 25th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

@36 Costumes will roll out in batches to support LBP2/Vita/Karting starting today, not all at once but they will continually add more and more. Starting TODAY!

PAGE 1 2