Bloodborne

New PS3 Model Out Today, Exclusive First Look

Maya Butler's Avatar + Posted by Maya Butler on Sep 25, 2012 // PR Hardware Generalist, SCEA

The launch of the new PlayStation3 (PS3) has finally arrived and I hope you are just as excited as we are. Today I’m here to give you the first official look at the brand new PS3 model, plus show you all the goods inside the UNCHARTED 3 Game of the Year Edition Bundle.

As mentioned last week, this bundle is packed with incredible value. It’s available for $269, and it includes the new 250GB PS3, so you’ll have plenty of storage space to house all of your favorite games, videos, photos, and music.

In addition, you’ll get:

• UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition Blu-ray
  • Voucher worth over $30 towards Dust 514 bonus digital content
  • Additional voucher for a free 30 day membership of PlayStation Plus

PS3 continues to lead the way in innovation and is the ultimate gaming and entertainment system choice for those of you looking for the best value this holiday season. With thousands of content choices to choose from, PS3 has something to offer everyone in your entire family.

For more information, click here.

Stay tuned for more PS3 news and updates right here on PS.Blog, and we’re looking forward to your feedback in the comments.

222 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Street_Killaz on September 26th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Ancaster Ontario Ebgames!

+ goodguy_reuben on September 26th, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Great video.
I don’t know which looks better,Maya or the new PS3 :)
I actually like the new design.The disc tray reminds me of the original Playstation.
I’ll definitely be picking this up next month.

+ elscotty on September 26th, 2012 at 11:58 pm said:

Who did those songs in the video? MonoPrice has some really good deals on HDMI cables. If anyone was wondering.

+ Dewrox1 on September 27th, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

The disc tray design on it’s own is enough for me to not purchase this. In fact… the fact that you used this cheap disk tray, then still did not add more USB ports even though they are pennies a piece, you refuse to undo the software change for the wireless headset that turned it into junk because you can hear what is in the room you are sitting in is enough that regardless of the free internet play and you increase the price?!? I will be moving over to the XBOX where most DLC is available a month before it is available on the PSN.

I had been considering purchasing another 2 PS3′s after I heard that you were redesigning it and this is a FAIL of EPIC proportions. Give your head a shake Sony.

+ Dewrox1 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

BTW I completely agree with post 184.

+ moosetracks on September 27th, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

I was actually hoping for an upgrade. I don’t find where there has been much of a change other then a fancy design on top and a tray. Neither is appealing to me, I’m looking for upgrades where they count. As far as lighter, well mine has a permanent home so whoopee. I already have a PS3 slim model, Uncharted 3 and a membership so I’m disappointed. What I am disappointed the most in is that Sony is not releasing a better move system. In my opinion, graphics wise PS3 blows xbox out of the water with their Blu-ray but when it comes to Xbox’s Kinect PS3 is seriously lacking. Please Sony, get on the ball and release products with upgrades where it matters. They will get bigger sales by giving gamers a reason to abandon their old systems to gobble up your new one. They need to keep up with the new industry standards.

+ Theaggresor on September 27th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Damn baby you fine

+ ChainClutch on September 27th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

BOO! to that disc tray, its going to get full of dust then call disc read error problems like the old PS1.

+ celtron28 on September 27th, 2012 at 11:09 pm said:

Like the new look. Looking forward to the 500 gb bundle.

+ celtron28 on September 27th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

Another note. Complaints on the disk tray really? Come on, the ps3 is by far the best gaming system today. Why are people so anxious to compete with the WIi U ? That fad will die down as fast as the original Wii did. And the XBox is an inferior product that only sells in NA.

+ ricarditozito on September 28th, 2012 at 3:40 am said:

@PlayStation – beside 500 gb and the design ,
does it read pen drive’s over 40 gb , does it read external disc’s over 1 tb , is it faster on web browsing then a turttle ??????”

+ CaseyTheVA on September 28th, 2012 at 4:21 am said:

I would LOVE to get this sucker… if it came in white or grey, I’d go out and get one immediately. It would be a terrific blend of old and new!

+ huskers101 on September 28th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Dear, Sony and playstation.
My 2nd ps3 just broke and i want to get the new uncharted ps3 bundle. You dont have it in any stores yet so i am forced to buy an older model with uncharted 3 that isnt the goty edition. Now that isnt a big deal but the fact that i am paying more money for an older model that doesnt come with the goty ediont uncharted, ps plus or dust 514. You guys really need to redcue the pricing on old models or at least get the new models in stores so people can buy them without ordering them online. – from: concerned customer

+ huskers101 on September 28th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

@Chainclutch they most likely did that so when the system breaks you can actaully get the disk out easier

+ PuchiSaru on September 28th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

When will the console be available without the bundle?

+ makingdamage on October 1st, 2012 at 7:56 am said:

Oops! Not that I need a new ps3 right now but I couldnt use the new version because you have to put in the disc from the top. Well, hopefully I never need to buy a new one (even though my first ps3 died on me).

+ ArabianSwagga on October 2nd, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

I’ve got mine, it’s the same hardware but it just looks different!

+ le7up420 on October 5th, 2012 at 4:09 am said:

Lol i still have my old one ps3 (the fat model) and i changed my hdd from 80GB to 500GB and still works good. If you remove frequently the dust your ps3 will work for a long time !

+ SCoopat on October 5th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

that new disc drive is terrible….

+ Matrh88 on October 11th, 2012 at 2:05 am said:

So, they dint add the ability to play ps1/2 games on it, not that interested in buying it.

+ ASJayekody on October 15th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

This realli sucks u know sony…just for your info …the original slim version is waaay better…just dont like the slide opener…and its louder too….design is not that great

+ elpescado10 on October 18th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

am going to buy the 500gb one but befor i do can u tell me or give me clue when the ps4 comes out because i dont want it to come out like rite after i buy the ps3

PAGE 1 3 4 5