PS4 - Destiny

Starhawk and Free DLC Soar to PSN Today

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Sep 25, 2012 // President, LightBox Interactive

Today is a day to remember! The team here at Lightbox Interactive (the same team that brought you Warhawk) has been burning through the summer heat to bring to you an epic new Starhawk experience, one players around the world have been asking for – a digital download version packed (hell, overflowing!) with every single awesome update since our initial release, including our massive new DLC add-ons. This offer is a bonanza for PlayStation Plus members, but also…everyone else.

FREE Starhawk Single-Player Campaign for PlayStation Plus members

Experience the emotional story of two brothers torn apart by the conflict over Rift Energy, a sacred and dangerous resource of power being ravaged and battled over by Humans and “The Outcast” — evolved mutated humans from Rift Energy exposure. Hired gun Emmett Graves is faced against his brother Logan, now the cold-blooded leader of The Outcast, in an effort to protect his former home of White Sands, save humanity, and possibly, his brother. Become a PlayStation Plus Member today to experience the Starhawk Solo Campaign free!

Starhawk Digital Download Versions Now Available – Your Way

· Starhawk Multiplayer Edition – $19.99
· Complete Starhawk Digital Version – $39.99

Starhawk Now on the PlayStation Store

Today also marks the release of our massive 1.04 DLC update, which is free for the Starhawk community and included in all digital editions listed above. The 1.04 DLC update brings new gameplay modes, weapons, mechs, a ridiculous number of community changes… I’m losing my breath, just watch the video below.

If you enjoy frenetic multiplayer gameplay ranging from ravaged battlefields to burning skies to an explosive space symphonies rivaled by no other, or looking for an emotionally intense single-player experience, then this is your time to jump into Starhawk. Let us know what you think!

72 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ PayneKiller1509 on September 26th, 2012 at 4:16 am said:

I’ve had this downloading all night and it’s still not done. About 8 hours now. This is definitely the longest anything has taken to download for me, and it’s not just a matter of size, it’s just coming in extremely slowly. I downloaded the NBA 2k13 demo within 30mins, other stuff downloaded at normal rate but Starhawk is on cruise control.

+ skyczy08 on September 26th, 2012 at 5:33 am said:

I love you guys at Starhawk!!! you are all so passionate. keep up the great work

+ SauceyWombat on September 26th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Thanks Morgan for keeping us *partially up to date. While I understand top billing goes to the new addition of Starhawk single player + DLC I don’t understand why there is no mention of everything else included in Tuesday’s PS+ update. Look at all these PS+ items that we got that was never mentioned!

Music
Starhawk – Original Soundtrack FREE for PS+

Avatars
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (4 Avatars)
Jet Set Radio (6 Avatars)

Themes
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Decepticon Dynamic Theme
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit Dynamic Theme

Add-Ons
Starhawk DLC already mentioned (AWESOME stuff!)
Tokyo Jungle Animal Character Add-On Bundle FREE to PS+: Black Pomeranian, White Pomeranian, Silky Terrier, & Fat Cat Character

Full Game Trial
Mirror’s Edge

+ FireDragonGod on September 26th, 2012 at 5:50 pm said:

This Update Is Beast

I Just Wish There Was Female Character Custumization

+ CarloOrtiz on September 26th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

I have a question, so i downloaded the campaign , can i buy the online pass to unlock multiplayer?

+ blaxarbush on September 26th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

The game not showing up as free. I have been checking the Ps Store since Tuesday at least 5 times a day and Star hawk is still not showing up on the PlayStation store as free or even in the plus memebers section. I want to get the free part but its not tthere. I’m in the US and i hhear every one else playing it for free. Why cant i gget it

+ sangregtf on September 26th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

if you bought the 10 dollar online pass for Starhawk (like me), you’re out of luck. i made the mistake of thinking they did a last minute adjustment to the price of the multiplayer portion of the game. under playstation plus, where Starhawk Free Single Player Campaign is located, there is the Online Pass for Starhawk. it’s 9.99….it’s not the multiplayer portion. the multiplayer portion for Starhawk is 19.99 and is NOT under the playstation plus download options for Starhawk. weird. why would they do that? i contacted psn support…and they weren’t very supportive. they only let me know that i MIGHT have a chance at a refund…in 2 WEEKS. lol. superb.

+ lobotomies4free on September 26th, 2012 at 11:22 pm said:

If I want to play the campaign co-op with a friend will that be part of the multi-player portion?

+ sangregtf on September 27th, 2012 at 3:34 am said:

yeah, if you try to access it within the game, it will be greyed out and say “this feature is temporarily unavailable” when you try to select it. you need to purchase the multiplayer version of the game. but seeing as everyone is having issues with it freezing, i’d be careful doing that.

+ Gmafz7 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

Only singleplayer free? Weird, I hope this does not become a trend in PSN Plus!

+ h2omasnah- on September 27th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

If you want more people to buy the digital version of games you have to have them less than at retail or at the very least the same.

Free DLC/updates/extensions to games is exactly how it should be and long term support is also exactly how it should be. It’s because of that, that I want to own this game and also because I loved Warhawk, but online pass and no offline multiplayer is keeping me from buying it. Still great job on a great game and free after release support (like it should be), you guys are a company worth a damn.

+ cpd315 on September 27th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

#60, thanks. I almost bought the online $9.99 offering, because it says ‘UNLOCKS ALL MULTIPLAYER CONTENT’ or something exactly to that effect. I am glad I looked here first. They need to reword that, and also offer the multiplayer portion in the PS+ menu to avoid confusion.

+ VinoyPepaGG on September 27th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

So… If i wanna play multiplayer… I need buy online pass or multiplayer game? Thanks

+ hawkthehunter on September 27th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Can anyone tell me if I have to buy the Multiplayer version to access the (quote) Free (end quote) dlc? I downloaded the single player campaign but can’t find anywhere to access the dlc. Thanks.

+ hawkthehunter on September 27th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

#56 the free soundtrack was mentioned in an early post but I see your point which is why I constantly check for free stuff at the store.

+ waffals1 on September 29th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

If I have the single player part. If I but the 10 dollar pass can I play online?

+ BEANER_FOR_LIFE on September 30th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

O Man i really REALLY REALLY want this game ever since the free online download came up! i would gladly trade in my MW3 game for this but i cant due to my brother stuck on MW3! :( if anyone would like to game share with me PLZ PLZ do!! i would be sooooo great full. :>

+ BEANER_FOR_LIFE on September 30th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

u can let me know by adding my gamer tag and leaving a message on it about this GREAT game : BEANER_FOR_LIFE

+ eyehateyou78 on October 1st, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

I’m I the only one who can’t download this game without it freezeing my ps3

+ MbwwbM on October 2nd, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Man youve gotta get exited for some of these updates. Also wondering about this hand of the founder thing I played the beta but havent gotten the hand or the paint (played warhawk alot)

+ Milkmaniac on October 2nd, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

Hey, Dylan. Great, great job and thank you for everything. One problem: loving the free Solo Campaign, I purchased the Online Pass Add-On tonight in order to “access all online features.” It seems that that hasn’t worked and that the $9.99 spent was a waste.. Do I have to spend an additional $19.99 now for the multi? Will this result in two separate executables on the PS3 dashboard, Solo and Multi Starhawk, with a different trophy set and save file for each? Have I wasted $9.99? The collection page and actions resulting from each purchase option are, sadly, quite confusing.. Can we not simply upgrade the free solo to the ‘real thing’? Please advise.

+ adny22 on October 6th, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

If I have the single player from PS Plus and buy the Multi-player for $19.99 is it two seperate games on the XMB? or does it become one seamless game?

PAGE 1 2