GTAV PS4

Venture into the TOKYO JUNGLE on PSN Today

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Dais Kawaguchi on Sep 25, 2012 // Associate Producer, SCEA

For those who have been patiently waiting for TOKYO JUNGLE’S western release, I’m happy to announce that it will finally be available on PSN today for $14.99! We are also releasing DLC animals, a PS3 dynamic theme and free costumes so please make sure to check them out.

I’ve got great news for PlayStation Plus members: You’ll be able to get TOKYO JUNGLE at a 20% discount for two weeks (until October 9th)! In addition, we are giving away four DLC animals for free! These animals will only be free for one week (until October 2nd), so don’t miss out!

PAGE 1 2

+ kogunenjou on September 25th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Wish I had the money to get this one at the moment. I’ve heard wonderful things, and I’ve been interested in it since I first read about it.

+ Korathor on September 25th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

A little off but something that should be implemented in the psn.

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Looks very interesting for a $12 game. Glad the dlc is free (for a week)!! :D

+ avdavidw on September 25th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Anxiously awaiting my opportunity to dominate Tokyo with my Pomeranian! First Tokyo, and then the world!

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 1st, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

Nice avatar!

+ Statik19 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

I wasn’t sure about this game till I saw the viciousness of the Pomeranian and the mating Pandas. Hmm…Probably gonna get it just because of that weirdness.

+ NHDrumline17 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Played it all weekend at Fantastic Fest, and it definitely sold me on the game. Can’t wait to pick it up.

+ tanuki-hulk on September 25th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

this is on sale on the Japanese ps plus this month as well. however, the fact that even at 40% off it comes too about 30 bucks is total crap. Sony Japan sucks. Sony America rules.

+ EliteDave93 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

Update the store already!

+ insano_jaco on September 25th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

Thank you! Its remote play enabled like japanese version?

And Silent Hill Book Of Memories demo will be released today like in PSN EU?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 1st, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

We will have more information on remote play in the coming weeks.
    Please stay tuned!

+ KidCommando on September 25th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Does anyone know how many playable animals are in the game?

How many different breeds of dogs?

+ Major_Hoare on September 25th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

This game is DEFINATELY on my radar!

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on September 25th, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

Thanks! Please try it out!!

+ ASC2175 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

I do believe I shall play some Team Fortress 2 until they update dat store.

+ blakseed on September 25th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Always was going to be a day 1 buy for me, but the plus discount just made the decision easier.

+ AguilarX on September 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

i wanna get a white pomeranian so bad. SOLD

+ pyrodragon5 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

gah, i didnt think this game would release until later this year. o..0

+ UltimateDisco on September 25th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

@6 The exchange rate is the problem, mostly. It has nothing to do with Playstation Japan sucking. It has more to do with the American economy being so crappy. I do agree that Playstation America is totally awesome, but Japan also has some fantastic perks. Both are good at gearing towards their specific crowds.

+ BillyBoiDaPrince on September 25th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

are there going to be tokyo jungle avatars as well? and if so how much will they cost?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on September 25th, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

Yes, 10 avatars are available on the Store today.
    They are $0.49 each and $1.49 for a set of 5.
    Please check them out!

+ EliteDave93 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Can anyone here tell me when they will update the store?

+ detictiveconan on September 25th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

I can’t wait for the store to update ^_^
Can you tell us which DLC will be free? Also will all the other DLC that japan got be available?

+ yamba500 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

i wait this game for long time since jp version

just update store i will buy plz

+ SuicideSkull on September 25th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

do you guys plan on porting this to the ps vita? this would have been great if it came out for the vita also with the cross buy thing. buy this for the ps3 get the vita version free.

+ PainOfSarrow on September 25th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

AWSOMEE AWSOMEE AWSOMEEE. i have been Waiting on this for weeks. i will purchase this soon as its released. i will also buy some of the animals that are DLC. im not a PS Plus Member but this looks worth 15 Bucks. i usualy dont buy anything on psn thats 15 or more. the replay Value looks to be huge. 50 Plus Animals is great. i can play with a Chicken alone for 3 hours straight. imagine all 50. havent been this excited for a psn game in years. last games i purchased for this price was Journey and Closure. all my other psn games are 10 and Below. im ready for this

+ MosesUnspoken on September 25th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Bought a PS3 yesterday just for this game. When does the store update because I need this game now.

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on September 25th, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

Hi MosesUnspoken,
    I hope you enjoy the game as much as we do and THANKS!!
    The Store was updated in the afternoon :)

+ snakeman07 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

I hope there are some reptiles I can play as. I saw an alligator in the trailer somewhere, so hopefully I can play as them! It would be awesome to be a Komodo dragon, Nile monitor, Perentie monitor, Saltwater crocodile, Reticulated python, Galapagos tortoise, etc….I’d throw in some smaller species but they’d get ran over by hippos and what not :( Hmmm, maybe a King cobra, but that’s pushing it. They are the largest venomous snake in the world though.

+ snakeman07 on September 25th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Oh, another thing. It would be AWESOME to have avatars based on the animals :) we need some animal avatars!

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on September 25th, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Hi snakeman07,
    We have released 10 avatars on the Store today. Thanks!

+ PainOfSarrow on September 25th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

playing as a King cobra snake would be awsome. slithering threw the grass and sneaking on there ass.

+ yamba500 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

when store will update?

+ Tarazuma on September 25th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Oh thank goodness the animal DLC and costumes are being released here! JP DLC for NA releases is usually painfully and excruciatingly slow (Warriors Orochi 3) so I’m very glad to see day 1 DLC in NA and will definitely be buying it all!

+ Pixie_Stix_88 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

*Impatiently waiting for store update*. I want this game NOW!

+ lisatsunami on September 25th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

I was going to pass on this game because I can’t bear to see animals harmed. But all these perks–sale price, free DLC–makes it irresistible. OK, you win.

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

@29 i love seeing animals beat the heck out of each other. Thats why Pokemon is one of my favorite game series. :P

+ Tarazuma on September 25th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

@snakeman07: I wish they had more reptiles too! But aside from the crocodile and dinosaurs I don’t think there are other unfortunately :(

@lisatsunami: I’m usually the same way, but only when it’s humans harming animals. But since it’s all animals and no humans (aside from the Japanese salaryman joke character) it will be awesome! (though to be honest, I won’t be able to bring myself to attack the kitties ><)

HURRY UP AND UPDATE THE STORE! I'm so bored I'm responding to blog comments!

+ Smooth4Lyfe on September 25th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Is this multiplayer???

+ PainOfSarrow on September 25th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Smooth4Lyfe

Only Local Multiplayer. no Online.. Saw game reviews

+ brkn_ogr on September 25th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

@32 It is Couch Co-op with online leaderboards, As for the free DLC for the week am i correct in assuming its the Panda, the Kangaroo, The Saber Tooth Tiger, and the Giraffe?

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

@31 theres dinosaurs in the game?! o_O

+ Ryumoau on September 25th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

@33 dang that kinda sucks that they were too lazy to impliment online co-op.

+ Pixie_Stix_88 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

I believe its local Multiplayer. Which works great for me since the BF and i can play it together.

+ polo155 on September 25th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Not a pay week but next well i will deff be buying this game. I showed my friends and they are getting to too! Love a different take on gaming where devs go out on a whim! Great job!

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on September 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

I’m sorry but a game about animals should be $5 on sale for PS Plus. I would feel stupid for paying more. It does look fun though for that price I would end up punching myself.

+ Dubloon7 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

i’ll be picking this up today, but my PS+ expires in a few days. will i be able to keep the free dlc or will those be stripped away like everything else “free” on PS+?

+ Curtisio on September 25th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

I show a English review of the Japanese version of this game. Seemed very cool!

+ brkn_ogr on September 25th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

And comments like 39 are exactly why we arent getting a retail release of this game, Tokyo Jungle is a different kind of game its a 60 dollar disk game in japan and has ben in the #1 spot on their best seller list for a few months now I am honestly thinking of selling a few disk games to get a PSN card for this one this game isn’t like nintendogs you are one of 50 (54 if you include the free DLC) animals trying to survive in post apocalyptic Tokyo, the city is in ruins, Animals roam the street, You can be a carnivore and hunt your way through the city, or an herbivore playing the sneaking game, honestly if i had the cash for this game i would buy it and every peice of DLC on the spot

+ GODFERG79 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

is this available yet

+ Pangolin414 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

@brkn_ogr – I think you meant comment 40, and yeah, I agree entirely. I would have spent the $40 for the jp version without any regrets if the american release wasn’t such an awesome price break.

@C_Y_P_H_E_R – By all means, please go ahead and punch yourself in the face.

+ Pangolin414 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

@GODFERG79 – Not quite, store still hasn’t updated

+ tony_tsang79 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

I also willing to pay it at full price even it is 60$. it is an awesome game. Finally, a game that is back to basic. It focus on the gameplay itself instead of having the fancy CG with repeatitive same style of game play.

I also bored about zoombie killing too. Why every new game about a ruined city has to be zoombie game now???

Anyway…is anyone able to download it? I still cannot find it through the game list…. i cannot wait anymore!!!!!

+ PainOfSarrow on September 25th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

C_Y_P_H_E_R

Please do Punch YourSelf in the face. this Game Looks to be even better then its 15 Price Tag. there is also Dinosuars in it and from looking at your avatar i would have think that you would of been interested.

+ Pangolin414 on September 25th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

@PainOfSarrow – Haha. I was just going to mention the dinosaurs to him.

+ WARFFOX on September 25th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said: