PS4-The Order

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: 12-Month Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Code

Brandon Stander's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Stander on Sep 26, 2012 // Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network

PlayStation Card

Hello PlayStation Nation! I hope you’re a fan of PlayStation Plus and free video games, because you may have just hit the mother lode. We’ve been working tirelessly with our friends at Capital One to put together a special PlayStation Card offer for our community, and I’m excited to finally share the details. For a limited time, new cardholders will get a 12 month subscription to PlayStation Plus AND a $50 PlayStation Network code after first purchase (and yes, before you ask, the 12 month PlayStation Plus subscription extends the membership further if you are already a Plus member).

As you might recall, last year we launched the PlayStation Card – a credit card designed specifically for our PlayStation community. With it cardholders get:

• 10x points on ALL PlayStation Network purchases
  • 3x points on ALL PlayStation and Sony purchases at Sony stores and Sony.com
  • 3x points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill
  • 1x points on all other purchases

And now, on top of the points you can earn, new cardholders will receive a 12 month PlayStation Plus subscription and a $50 PSN Code after first PlayStation Card purchase. With PlayStation Plus, you get:

• An Instant Game Collection, which grants you access to a library of blockbuster games like inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Borderlands, and many more.
  • Exclusive early access to select game betas and demos
  • 1GB of cloud storage to save games online
  • Full game trials
  • Discounts on select PlayStation Store purchases
  • Automatic PS3 updates

And, once you receive the $50 PlayStation Network code with this offer, you can spend those fifty bucks however you please on the PlayStation Network!

When you combine the discounts you can take advantage of as a PlayStation Plus member, the $50 PSN code you can get to spend on the PlayStation Network, and the 10x points you earn from using your PlayStation Card in the PlayStation Store, you’re looking at some serious benefits.

This is the first time we’ve been able to put together such a special offer, and it’s our way of saying “thank you” for being such an awesome community!

Go here to apply and get more information about the PlayStation Card.

+ Instant-Classic on September 26th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

There is no fee. I have excellent credit. A SONY card with a $500 line (they refuse to up it since going to Capital One) and a Chase card with a $30,000 limit. Yet I was denied for this. Nice.

+ TdawgX on September 26th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

yay, jsut signed up for the card and got approved, only $500, but hey. Now i can go buy a soda and then get 50.00 worth of psn games. Already know what ones im gonna buy. How long till you get the points, do you have to wait for the $50 card or is it a Ecard u can get/use right away.

+ Yuranium on September 26th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

@52 u have to wait for the card to arrive 1st. then link ur card to sonyrewards.com and buy ur soda. and after a statement cycle u will get 5000 points on ur sony reward account. then just redeem ur $50 code

+ dodgedoors on September 26th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

got accepted. can’t wait to get it. Now i need to choose between AC Liberation or AC3 with the 50 psn card

+ SpooNManX on September 26th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

Can you get this if you already own a PlayStation VISA card?

+ BrendanCBear on September 26th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

If this offer holds up until I can find a job, maybe I’ll apply. I don’t want to purchase anything and be unable to pay the bill at the end of the month after all.

+ CarloOrtiz on September 26th, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

Is there a Debit Version or just credit?

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 27th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Right now this is a credit card offer only.

+ mainkster on September 26th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

not for canada again , but i get the other capital cards here , get it done for canada sony ,

+ PainOfSarrow on September 26th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

is it free ?

+ tacotaskforce on September 26th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Here’s a question. I got one of these cards two or three years ago because of a deal you had at the time for $100 off a PS3. I never made use of this deal, and to date I have never made a purchase on the card. if I made a purchase now, would I get both of these rewards?

+ vanden9 on September 26th, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

Do I get anything for being a current PS Card holder for 5+ years. This makes me sad :(

+ dodgedoors on September 26th, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

needless to say I’ll be using this card for everything I buy from the ps store then paying it off right after it shows up on my statement 10 x points, and I got a low apr. 50 points just for buying an episode of walking dead, great deal.

+ ACtripxl on September 26th, 2012 at 7:32 pm said:

@ No, and most likely the account has been closed if you haven’t used it since getting it.

+ NickMulder on September 26th, 2012 at 7:53 pm said:

I would love nothing more than to get this as my first credit card. I’d be PHENOMENAL at paying this off in a timely manner and building a good credit score but unfortunately, I know I’ll just get turned down if I apply which will in turn hurt my credit so it’s unfortunate I can’t take advantage of this amazing offer :(

+ ImprisonedTitan on September 26th, 2012 at 8:02 pm said:

This needs to come to Canada…

+ MaverickHunterX on September 26th, 2012 at 8:05 pm said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that I just signed up for the PS Credit Card not even a week ago. I finally activated and made my first purchase just a few days ago. Then, I find out about the deal with both a credit and PS+ subscription. I tried to contact Sony Rewards, thinking they wouldn’t penalize me for two days difference right?

First, I was told by the associate that it’s Capitial One’s deal. I asked isn’t it the Sony reward section that handles the bonuses? She told me there’s no way to help me, except if I decided to sign up for a second PS Credit Card. Not cancel the first mind you; add an additional one.

I’m not trying to be greedy or a jerk, but I have to miss out because of a difference of a day or two? What kind of customer service is that? I was actually gonna keep the card for my PSN store purchases (I do buy a lot), but after this, I think I’m going to cancel it ASAP.

Great customer service, Sony!

+ coozm11 on September 26th, 2012 at 8:21 pm said:

What About Canadians??? I wanna Apply For a Card but The Only Problem is I’m Canadian

+ Elvick_ on September 26th, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Bring it to Canada and MasterCard and we’ll talk.

+ Dua1-Blade- on September 26th, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

I was just about to sign up until I saw the lack of Canada support. No dice

+ midnightshade on September 26th, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

Damn… I have had my PS card for a month…. Glad I got it though. My credit isn’t that great and I still got a $500 line. I got the $50 psn bonus real quick. I love the almost a year no interst and the no annual fee. Capital one is always sending me card offers and they all suck compared to this… Some have 29% apr and 100 annual fees :O

+ GT_168 on September 26th, 2012 at 10:56 pm said:

I doubt this is a retroactive benefit? I know I’ve had this card for a while and thus have been racking up points, but will I receive this offer as a loyalty bonus? If not any word on a buy 12 months of plus get 3 free deal anytime soon?

+ khalie11 on September 26th, 2012 at 11:04 pm said:

hi im from israel and i have us psn accounts
how i can get PlayStation Card visa

+ Squirtbot on September 26th, 2012 at 11:18 pm said:

I signed up for this card less then a month and a half ago, is there anyway I can get the 12 month of PLUS too!? Seems a little unfair. Is there anything I can do?

+ darkedgex on September 26th, 2012 at 11:45 pm said:

I have terrible credit and even though I got rejected for this card about a year ago I think, I got approved this time for a $500 limit with a 24.99% APR. Terrible limit/APR, but at least I’ll be able to use this to work on rebuilding my credit.

+ Climb25 on September 26th, 2012 at 11:53 pm said:

HEY SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RELEASE ONE PIECE IN LATINAMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

+ The_4th_Hokage_X on September 27th, 2012 at 12:17 am said:

this is the 2nd time i apply for this and rejected again! even though i make 5 times more money than i did the first time i applied… what am i doing wrong? ive never had a credit card but i have successfully paid back a $600 bank loan (early too) and ive been payin $65 for internet connection for a year using debit card… REPLY PLEASE! I have over 20 FULL PSN GAMES and OVER 47 purchased movies… i have 500GB left in my 1TB HDD and i want to use this card to buy more!!!

+ capice2003 on September 27th, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

It would be nice to get on this deal now but, I think that they guys are too strict for the user of it. I was just about to get it last week and this falls out now. tell them to be more logical with the applicants.

+ joeyrpger on September 27th, 2012 at 3:30 am said:

Just putting it out there for all to read. I’ve personally never done business with Capital One, but I’ve heard they are hounds if you default. In this world where people get criminal records for refusing to pay magazine subscriptions worth not even $200 dollars. I would advise you think diligently and responsibly if you get approved about what the responsibilities are.

+ lazaromsousa on September 27th, 2012 at 4:26 am said:

I’d love to have this card! Why don’t you make this card available in BRAZIL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

+ tigerbait_ on September 27th, 2012 at 5:41 am said:

Can you do balance transfers from another card if so what’s the interest rate?

+ RidleysBox on September 27th, 2012 at 6:07 am said:

Interesting deal, too bad the card has such a high APR its not worth it.

+ lyfestory on September 27th, 2012 at 6:32 am said:

if it were anyone but Capital One, id give it a try… can’t stand Capital One personally.. i had one of their cards many years ago and they killed me with their interest and now want a lot more than what i initially charged.. so, no thanks… if they’d cut me some slack on my old debt, then perhaps i’d consider it…

good luck to the rest of those who try anyway…

+ favian on September 27th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

I’ll check this card out. In the mean time, I tried to get a vaio laptop because it included a Vita for free (off Sony’s vaio website) and it looks like this promotion is no longer around. Any idea when it will be back?

+ mcbuttz78 on September 27th, 2012 at 7:30 am said:

Well if you get denied then call them(sony) and re-apply.. you could have filled out the form wrong. I dont have one, becuase i have to many credit cards in my wallet, they send me these credit things like magic.

Its great way to build credit just dont get carried away and think your puffy daddy..lol

+ nademinogue on September 27th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

ok i got it and got a $3,000 credit line is there any way to get it bigger as i am probably use more than half of that on a purchase as i buy radio equipment and its expensive.

+ nademinogue on September 27th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

also im gonna save my 5000 points if thats what they are giving us for something else other than the $50 psn card

+ BigDaddyEarl71 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

***Avoid CapOne Like It’s a Zombie Plague!***

Just so you understand, this is from someone with experience. I’m a 41 year old gamer with a wife and two kids. Been working at the same job over 20 years. I’ve got a 814 credit rating and the wife has an 810. A few years ago my wife and I each had a CapOne Visa card. Each had a FIXED interest rate of 9.99% (unheard of nowadays) with high credit limits. Combined, we owed around $1500 on them when all of a sudden they upped the interest rate to 24.99% on both cards. We had NEVER been late on a payment! Always paid at least four times the minimum payment due. Many times even more. Called there customer service and asked why they did that. There response, “Cause we can.” Asked if they can reverse it, “NO” was the answer. I then immediately cut up both cards, sent them payoff amounts for both and wrote them to NEVER EVER contact me again in any way or I would sue them. Never received anything from them since.

Terrible business practices and no ethics!

+ RE_Player on September 27th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Like others have said get this thing to Canada and I’ll get it day 1.

+ Logical_Dolphin on September 27th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

With this offer, do you get a code for a $50 PSN card, or do you get 5000 Sony rewards points that you can use on anything in the Sony rewards catalog (including a $50 PSN card)?

+ ElektroDragon on September 27th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

This card is awesome, I’ve had it for a few months now and already have gotten over $100 in free PSN money! I’m just jealous I can’t take advantage of the 1 year free Plus since I already had the card!!!!!

+ dh4645 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

damn, i just got one last month & got the $50 psn code.
should have waited…wish i would have known the 12 months of + was an upcoming deal.
they gave me a $16,000 credit line. i dont plan on buying that much ps stuff.

+ daveyr41 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

Y U NO OFFER TO CANADA!?

+ MushThePainter on September 27th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

DENIED!

+ stunkilla on September 27th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

WOULD be great and helpful if you answer my question! im a student and got debit card last year and would like to know if i sign up for this card would i be force to spend money monthly or is there any fee for not spending it so much.

+ Squirtbot on September 27th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Dear SONY,

You are such jerks for having the card promotion change from less then 2 months and having no way of retroactively extend the curtosy to those who had just got the card. I’ve called both CapitalOne and Rewards and neither can help me out with getting 12 months of Playstation Plus. It upsets me that I am missing out on this deal, because I signed up days earlier. Please know that I did not even need another credit card, and I will not be using this card in the future. You may have possible lost one of your greatest customers. It’s about principals… It’s the small things in life that make the biggest difference.

Sincerely,

Disappointed

+ Tjoeb123 on September 27th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

@56 (BrendanCBear)
I haven’t even had a first job yet, yet I still want to hold this card…..!!!!!

@75
HEY CLIMB25!!!!!!
NOT UNDER SONY’S CONTROL!!!!! (Though I did submit a Player Query asking about this, so I’m hoping they read mine for when the PS BlogCast goes up later today.)

+ h2omasnah- on September 27th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

“3x points on ALL PlayStation and Sony purchases at Sony stores and Sony.com”

Does that include physical products?

+ NewYork214 on September 27th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

I wasn’t approved even though I have good credit. wonder what their reason will be when I get me letter in the mail. hmmmm. dont have any high balances on other cards.

+ RaptureDJ on September 27th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

I got approved!! Got my card coming to me in, so now how do I got about getting my year of psn plus and $50 psn card?? Thanks for the awesome offer!!!

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Michael Steranka on September 28th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

After you make your first purchase with the card, Sony Rewards will send you an email with instructions on how to claim the PS Plus subscription and PSN voucher code. Enjoy!

+ NightHawk17 on September 27th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

How much needs to be spent in order to obtain the introductory offer?