PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Blogcast 044: XCOM’s Liberation

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 27, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

Here we go again! This week’s Blogcast is jam-packed with informative interviews, starting with a 20-minute discussion on the hotly anticipated real-time tactics PS3 game XCOM: Enemy Unknown that pits Earth’s finest against a gruesome menagerie of ETs. Then we step into the shadows with Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation with three new interviews that shed new light on the evolution of Ubisoft Montreal’s signature series.

Of course, we also dispense first details on next week’s PSN releases – headlined by Resident Evil 6 for PS3 and New Little King’s Story for PS Vita – and answer a selection of new Player Queries and Listener Tips (we really need to find better names for these).

Stuff We Talked About

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation for PS Vita
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Borderlands 2
  • Fantastic Fest
  • Tokyo Jungle
  • Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Jeff RubensteinOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

+ Richard919 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

Awesome! I’m very interested to hear about Liberation. Is that still same release day as ACIII?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 28th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Yep, 10/30!

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 27th, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

Ubisoft has done a fantastic job completely overshadowing Liberation with ACIII on PS3. I think its a darn sahme too cus the game looks really good. Gonna give this a listen and comment back later

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 27th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

The fact that there are links to everything but Liberation proves my point. Sid is right, much still remains shrouded, and with a month away thats a problem. TOO MUCH is shrowded

+ LilWayneSuckz on September 27th, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

Yay! Everyone’s back

+ Jesszman on September 27th, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

I managed to get some hands-on time with Assassin’s Creed: Liberation for the Vita last week during PlayStation’s “On Campus” event and while it was interesting, it did have one fault; the controls. The build that I managed to play felt sluggish and the controls were confusing for the most part. Was this present in the build that you guys played?

+ Jesszman on September 27th, 2012 at 8:38 pm said:

I just noticed that everyone that has commented so far has PS+ lol.

+ Boyzby on September 27th, 2012 at 8:47 pm said:

I’m excited to hear that Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is getting a demo this week. I absolutely loved 999 and I’m trying to convince a friend to get it since he just got a Vita. Do you think we’ll see more from that game on the blog as the date gets closer? Because, even though it may not be right for everyone, I would love for as many people as possible to learn about it and try the demo. ^_^

+ StealthReborn– on September 27th, 2012 at 9:03 pm said:

Get well soon Nick! =)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 28th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Thanks! Getting there, I just need to be healed up before IndieCade next week.

+ Tjoeb123 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

About time this got posted on the Blog. I’ve already listened to it 3 hours prior via iTunes…

+ drd7of14 on September 27th, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

Hey guys, great to see you all back on the blog, but I must ask to have Kristine back on the blog at some point in the future, even to be considered as a regular. She was a great contribution, albeit a little unseasoned in the PSN blogcast formula, but definitely a joy to hear. So way to go Kristine!

Second, I was actually wondering if you guys had received an email I sent out a few weeks back? I don’t need it to be mentioned on the blog, cause, while the stuff you guys give away is awesome, it concerned a flaw in the PSN store system which should be addressed, and a helpful VITA tip. Just search for email if you guys can, and hit me a response, so I can be assured that my concerns were at least noticed. If anyone can get a job done, it’d be you guys. Thanks! Awesome farm fresh show… ;)

+ Richard919 on September 28th, 2012 at 12:38 am said:

The day 1 digital program is awesome, but the only thing stopping me from buying my games there is the time of the update. If games were made available at midnight this would be how I buy my games from now on. Even better would be like a predownload of a locked version of the games a couple days before release which would unlock at midnight. Anyways, great show like always !

+ NinjaNabs on September 28th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

Talk about Black ops 2 and your expectations and your thoughts on the game in the next blogcast. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS, i’ve posted this on each blogcast since the 40th blogcast. I really wanna hear what you guys think about the game even though it’s call of duty and it seems like it’s almost a taboo subject in the gaming community. Again, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS. Thank you for reading.

+ DrApollo on September 28th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

XCOM talk! Awesome!

+ yourworldonfire on September 28th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

All I would ask of you guys is to get Gabe Newell on the show the moment we hear about Half Life 3, just do it.

+ RE_Player on September 28th, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

The XCOM talk was great. Looking forward to that title.

+ Zephram on September 28th, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

Isn’t X-COM turn based? The original certainly was.I’m definitely looking forward to it, as long as it’s not too easy or dumbed down.

+ Kchow23 on September 28th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

Great episode. Looking forward to trying out AC3: Liberations!

+ Istyle318 on September 29th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Good show hope

+ Istyle318 on September 29th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

suppose to been good show, hope you guys continue to flood us with all the great news on the next blog

+ STOUT-301 on September 30th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

will we ever see fanta vision???? sony made the game hd would be nice