PS4-The Order

Big Savings: Buy $100 on PSN in October, Get $20 PSN Credit

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Oct 01, 2012 // Director, Digital Distribution

$100 and $20 voucher sale - PSN

It’s officially October, and we have a great new promotion for you to get the most out of your PlayStation gaming experience this month. If you spend $100 or more on the PlayStation Store in October, we’ll give you a $20 credit to your wallet to spend in November! This is a store-wide promotion, so anything you purchase using your wallet will count towards the $100 total. One caveat: the credit back is limited to the first $100 you spend.

With great new programs like PSN Day 1 Digital, offering day-and-date digital PS3 games on the same day they hit retail, there are plenty of ways to participate in the “Buy $100, Get $20” promotion. As a reminder, PlayStation Plus members receive an additional 10% discount on a number of titles in the line-up when they pre-order. Additionally, if you’ve already pre-ordered one of the awesome titles in the PSN Day 1 Digital program, the money you’ve spent on those will count toward your $100 for October. Not bad, eh?

Since the promotion includes anything purchased with your wallet on the PlayStation Store, there are many ways to put purchases towards receiving a $20 credit. You can grab a PlayStation Plus 1-year subscription, or sign up for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket. You can even hop into the video store and catch up on any new releases you may have missed!

With the month of October so packed with scorching-hot game releases, you’ll definitely want to look out for titles like Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassin’s Creed III, The Walking Dead: Episode 4, Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, Street Fighter x Tekken on PS Vita and plenty of others.

Here’s to the start of a great month of gaming on PlayStation Network. Let us know in the comments what you’ll be downloading on PSN in October to count towards a $20 credit. Game on!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ NHDrumline17 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

This is an awesome deal, I’m defintely picking up Assassin’s Creed III (PS3 and Vita) and Need for Speed (PS3 and Vita). Any chance we’ll get $40 back if we spend $200? When will we get the $20 back? Will it be at the end of the month or immediately when we pass the $100 mark?

+ Kristine Steimer on October 1st, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

1) Nope, it’s limited to the first $100 spent. Sorry! annnd 2) You’ll receive the credit in November.

+ CZ4200 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

so much better than M$ rebate system that they just announced

+ Motherboop on October 1st, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Glad I waited on Borderlands 2! I’ll be getting that, along with Nights, Sonic Adventure 2 – that brings me close to $80 already!

+ StealthReborn– on October 1st, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Hmm…

If there was a PS+ promotion like Europe had last month, I would probably spend $100 on PS+ and get another $20 back which would be a pretty sweet deal.

My subscription ends early December, and will be renewing regardless but it still would be nice. Some people would probably spend $100 on just subscription alone to get another $20 back.

Other than that, I don’t think I have ever spent $100 in a single month on the store. Steep!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

One question: If I already have money in my wallet from a gift card, does spending that money count towards the $100? Or does it have to be new money added to my wallet from my credit card?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

Spending funds that are already in your wallet counts towards this. The key gate here is purchasing actual content.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

If there aren’t any games I’m interested in, I’ll probably just buy 2 years of PS+. It’s money I would have spent anyway.

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

That will certainly work!

+ polo155 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Hahaha@Missing link. They pulled it, i saw too.

Ok seriously im a buy another year of plus and does ps vita its count? Im getting vita, ps3 games and maybe a couple od movies if FOX Movies are cheaper on psn like they decided to do with all their digital ditrubutions.

+ Zezzler on October 1st, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

That’s awesome!
Any word yet if NFS:MS will feature any sort of cross buy? even if it’s just a discount?
I though EA said that they were considering it.

+ gravislord on October 1st, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

@8, store-wide seems to imply video and vita content as well, not just PS3 games

+ almighty-slayer on October 1st, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

@8 It mentions Vita games in the post, so should count.

+ firehawk1234 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Does this offer include Canada?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

Yes this covers all of North America.

+ DeadKillersRevng on October 1st, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

So, last year was ‘spend $60 and get $10 back’. Now it is “Buy $100, Get $20”. Totally looking forward for next year!

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

Spend $1000, get $50 back? sounds fair, lol

+ krae_man on October 1st, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Would buying two years of plus count(assuming we spent 2 cents on something else)?

+ spoonTRex on October 1st, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Does signing up for PS+ count towards that spent $100? Do we have somewhere that we can go to that wills how us how much we’ve spent in the month that’ll count towards the $20 credit?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

A plus membership does count; but there’s no place to check on how much you’ve spent in October, aside from your own records.

+ MarcosPVJ on October 1st, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Resident Evil 6 and Assassin Creed III for $50 each!!!

+ Yanorath on October 1st, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

@T3DV0L70L1N4 same question =/

+ Illumina-XIV on October 1st, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

I’m assuming it does because you didn’t specifically call out United States only, but before I start going on a spending spree, this promotion does include as well Canada correct?

+ Sonicfan11589 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

can it be episodes of TV shows as well, I’m thinking of spending some money on an volume of a tv show that i want to download?

+ AmadaunCD on October 1st, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Crap. I literally renewed by PS+ service 3 days ago. If I’d known this was coming I would have waited to renew until today.

+ Jesszman on October 1st, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

This starts today right?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

yep. Also goes for any content preordered in September from the Day 1 Digital event.

+ TIconOA on October 1st, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

The promotion included Canada last year. The blog announcements are usually for both territories unless they specifically mention otherwise.

+ DrApollo on October 1st, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Your more than half-way there with the digital day one stuff. I just pre-ordered Dishonored a few days ago. Now I wish I had waited a few days. I’m hoping XCOM: Enemy unknown is a day 1 digital release.

+ Kristine Steimer on October 1st, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

If you pre-ordered Dishonored on the store last week, that money counts toward this promotion :D

+ murjacdad on October 1st, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

I spent $100 on 9/30 pre-orders of day 1 digital games… will it count because I will download in Oct? please don’t tell me i’m losing out over a day?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

If the games you preorderd are from the Day 1 Digital campaign, then they count!

+ Ryumoau on October 1st, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

You guys would announce this a WEEK after i got One Piece, Tokyo Jungle, and Dead Rabbits ($74). :/

+ PlatinumAura on October 1st, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

the only beef I have with this and it is a personal one. I PREORDERED DOOM 3 IN SEPTEMBER ARGGGGHHH!!!!

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

you are covered here. it counts since Doom 3 BFG edition is part of the Day 1 Digital campaign.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

This is an awesome promotion

+ UnholyBahamut on October 1st, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

does it count if you buy 1 year of PS+ and discounted games. by the way do the months in PS+ stack? I have 2 months remaining.

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

Yes and yes.

+ Sonicfan11589 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

HMMM LET’S see:

FOR ME:
Vol 1. of that TV show I had mentioned: up to $14.
Jet Set Radio on the Vita: $10
Sonic Adventure 2 plus DLC: $13
Nights Into Dreams: $10
I have to see what the prices are for the DLC for Dead or Alive 5 that are said to be coming (Guessing $10 total)
I might have to go with a download version of Street Fighter X Tekken in order to fill in the $40.

+ PlatinumAura on October 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

But I AM getting RE6 tomorrow so I guess that puts me a lot of the way there so hopefully soon something really cool will come up

+ YungShep on October 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

awesome..looks like i will get a few of these day 1 digital items then…20 aint much, but is better then that other deal that was offered 4 games..save 6 bucks, at least with this i can buy another game free..

+ attilag78 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

I still don’t know whether the NFS Most Wanted PSN preorder gives you the limited edition or not. EA says ask Sony. Does anybody actually know this?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Ill be grabbing

Resident Evil 6 and Need For Speed Most Wanted (lol I cancelled both my fully paid off gamestop preorders to take advantage of getting that 20 dollar credit… not to mention the 16 bucks total Ill be saving from buying them off the ps store (no tax and 6 bucks off NFSMW)

Ill also be picking up the dark souls dlc this month

+ kdiep on October 1st, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

The $20 we get back, can it only be used in November? Or when is the expiration date?

+ Kristine Steimer on October 2nd, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

It expires in December, so you’ll have about a month from when you receive it to use the credit.

+ Ryumoau on October 1st, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

I also really wish the WWE ’13 game was part of that day 1 digital promotion. Dishonored and 007 Legends were the only two games that interested me.

+ Squiggle55 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Since I’m now considering picking up a 2 year extension to PS+…. is it safe to assume PS+ benefits will be transferring over to the PS4 when that launches? And do you suspect the PS3 will stop getting PS+ benefits at that time?

+ Satnamji on October 1st, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

I could spend $100 easily if only I had enough hard drive space for the full retail games I wanted this month. Every purchase at this point means deleting something that I’m not quite ready to see go. Oh, 21st-century problems of us PS Plus members.

+ Reluctant-Hero on October 1st, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

Sweet. Just added $50 to my wallet for New Little King’s Story and Jet Set Radio (Vita). Guess I’ll have pick up Little Big Planet (Vita) and Toyko Jungle by the month’s end!

+ DrAndonuts on October 1st, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

If I buy a prepaid 1-year Playstation Plus card in-stores and redeem it on the store, does that count towards the $100?

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

For voucher based content, it may not count. You’ll want to make sure the transaction happens over PSN. So if you buy a Plus voucher card at retail, it won’t count towards this promo. But buying Plus on PSN, will count.

+ johnnyp70 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

@ NHDrumline-The offer is for only the first $100.00 you spend. Typically they send out the promo funds after the promotion period is over, probably within the first 10 days of November.

Also, those who are concerned about pre-orders on the Day One Digital, the post says “Additionally, if you’ve already pre-ordered one of the awesome titles in the PSN Day 1 Digital program, the money you’ve spent on those will count toward your $100 for October. Not bad, eh?” So I assume they are honoring those because the games don’t come out until October.

Now my question is this: I signed up for the Sony card, and once I make a purchase I will get a $50.00 credit. If I add those funds to my wallet, and then spend those funds in October, will that count? It’s just like buying a card at the store, but it’s free money.

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

it should count, yes.

+ K_Lonso on October 1st, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Can anyone tell me if I can still get the voucher if I already bought PSN cards in September and have money on my account, but buy the games this month?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

@39 — I have the same question. Based on their wording, I think any purchase from your PS Wallet counts.

I think if they specified that you needed to add the funds to your wallet from a credit card, they would alienate users who don’t have credit cards, and buy digital content by purchasing physical PSN cards at a store.

You can get PS Store credit in lots of places. By adding funds from your credit card, by purchasing PSN cards at a retail store, by redeeming Sony Rewards points, by signing up for the PS Credit Card, etc. I think you just need to spend that PS Store credit in October for it to count towards the $100.

+ driftersgonewild on October 1st, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

I have exactly $134.36 sitting in my wallet from a bunch of psn cards given to me. What to buy…..muhahahaha!

+ polo155 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Will paying for my musicunlimited bill count towards a purchase

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Since I believe MU uses the SEN wallet to manage subscriptions, then yes it should count.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

@27 — PS+ subscriptions DO stack. If you buy another year right now, it will extend your current subscription. If there were no games you’re interested in, you could buy 2 years of PS+ for $49.99 each (plus something small to make up for the last 2 cents), and you’d be set.

+ Erlaxis on October 1st, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

I really like this promotion. I’m going to buy RE6 tomorrow, so that’s 59.99. =D

+ PlatinumAura on October 1st, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

sorry my bad posted too fast. Ok
I now have NO problems with this!!

+ falcon96 on October 1st, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

I personally think it’s asking too much this close to the holiday shopping season. When u have a bunch of great games being relesed so close together. Tonight i’m picking up both Resident Evil 6 & NBA 2k13. but not digital versions. By the time i could d/l 1 of the 2 games, i’ll already be back home & played them both. On top of thefact that i save hdd space & get exclusive preorder bonuses from retail chains…we had a promotion like this b4, which was cool. If i remember it right we spent $60 to get $10. I think it would have been better to do both tiers instead of asking for a straight $100

+ lisatsunami on October 1st, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

Great promotion, thanks. I guess this was one of the great things you’ve been hinting at, Uncle Morgan?

For those of you who suggested just buying a Plus extension, that’s a really good idea. I’ll probably be buying enough games & themes to cover it easily, though. :-).

+ Yuranium on October 1st, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

this is awesome. im getting re6, most wanted, ac3 for ps3 and ragnarok odyssey, possibly most wanted for vita too. of course i wish i get $20 back for every $100, but this is still awesome since i get 10% back for using the playstation credit card. my account is activated on my brother ps3 too so its buy 1 game get it for 2 system. half price for each game for me :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4