PS4 - Transistor

Big Savings: Buy $100 on PSN in October, Get $20 PSN Credit

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Oct 01, 2012 // Director, Digital Distribution

$100 and $20 voucher sale - PSN

It’s officially October, and we have a great new promotion for you to get the most out of your PlayStation gaming experience this month. If you spend $100 or more on the PlayStation Store in October, we’ll give you a $20 credit to your wallet to spend in November! This is a store-wide promotion, so anything you purchase using your wallet will count towards the $100 total. One caveat: the credit back is limited to the first $100 you spend.

With great new programs like PSN Day 1 Digital, offering day-and-date digital PS3 games on the same day they hit retail, there are plenty of ways to participate in the “Buy $100, Get $20” promotion. As a reminder, PlayStation Plus members receive an additional 10% discount on a number of titles in the line-up when they pre-order. Additionally, if you’ve already pre-ordered one of the awesome titles in the PSN Day 1 Digital program, the money you’ve spent on those will count toward your $100 for October. Not bad, eh?

Since the promotion includes anything purchased with your wallet on the PlayStation Store, there are many ways to put purchases towards receiving a $20 credit. You can grab a PlayStation Plus 1-year subscription, or sign up for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket. You can even hop into the video store and catch up on any new releases you may have missed!

With the month of October so packed with scorching-hot game releases, you’ll definitely want to look out for titles like Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassin’s Creed III, The Walking Dead: Episode 4, Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, Street Fighter x Tekken on PS Vita and plenty of others.

Here’s to the start of a great month of gaming on PlayStation Network. Let us know in the comments what you’ll be downloading on PSN in October to count towards a $20 credit. Game on!

+ DaGimp13 on October 1st, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

@14 spoonTRex

Morgan Haro stated in his responce to you::
“A plus membership does count; but there’s no place to check on how much you’ve spent in October, aside from your own records.”

Actually, Morgan messed up, there IS a place to check how much you’ve spend in October, it’s called Transaction History. You’ll find it on your PS3 under the PlayStation Network Tab. You’ll see Account Management, click it, and then select Transaction Management, then select Transaction History. by selecting the dates to match from October 1st 2012 to whatever day within or after October, you’ll be able to see what you’ve purchase, what day it was purchased, and for what value.

Honestly, I expect better knowledge of the hardware/software they peddle on us…for shame, Morgan!

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

lol; i thought he meant a specific page to go to see if he had spent $100 in October. Like some sort of Day 1 Digital website. but yep, you can check your transaction history for sure. should’ve had my mind more open, thanks for the help! =)

+ AutomaticOcelot on October 1st, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

Well I need to repair or replace my Black Behemoth, so I’ll probably sit this deal out for now. Good effort though. Keep makin’ it easy.

+ Omii132 on October 1st, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Thank you Sony!

I´d like to add a better deal with more options for the next time, like:

Spent 60$ and get 10$ back and/or/plus spent 100$ and get 20$ back.

+ dodgedoors on October 1st, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

First off vita finally made me a sony fanboy. Psyched bout this promo because i got accepted for that Credit Card offer, so ill be getting a $50 card and a ps plus card too. But the plus code may not work but still 50 bucks is awesome then i can use the other 50 with my new card and get 500 reward points off of it. 10X points on psn is wonderful.

AC Liberation will be mine. Hopefully Retro City Rampage will be out this month, and walking dead new episode is coming. Maybe if protection plans work ill use the remainder of that balance on one for my vita. Great promo guys.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 1st, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Please, please..tell this works for the season pass DLC for Borderlands 2?

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 1st, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

If I can only get an answer for that question. I will buy $100 or more of PSN content. Only if I can get an answer soon though. Thanks!

+ Trieloth on October 1st, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Awesome! I tend to spend more than $100 a month anyways. Thanks for the discount!

+ newdai_br on October 1st, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

1-) We need to make some kind of registration or just spend the cash?
2-) The bonus will be avaliable in november to spend in november or i can save it?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 2nd, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Well, the voucher codes that we’ll send expire on 12/9. However, once you redeem them and get that $20 in your SEN wallet, then their yours to hold onto however you like. Just don’t wait to redeem that voucher code, and you’ll be set.

+ Yuranium on October 1st, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

@106 its store wide contain: from games to dlc to movie to music to ps+ as long as u spend $100 u get the $20
@108 i believe they will send u a code that add $20 to ur wallet so u probly can save it for later

+ Astro411 on October 1st, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

I wish i held out on buying Tokyo Jungle until today.

Oh well, i got LittleBigPlanet PSVita today, that’s $35.99 down $64.01 to go ;-p

The real problem isn’t what to get, it’s more like what not to get, so many games releasing and it’s hard deciding what i should pick up first.

Could you guys/gals check and try to get pre-order bonuses for digital pre-orders for games that has them, also for pre-order bonus can we get better themes not like the ones that came with PSN Play pre-orders.

I loved PSN Play and i’m sure i’ll love this too, keep up the good work and keep these deals coming :-D

+ sciteach on October 1st, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

question: Was borderlands 2 part of the day 1 digital? i bought that last week, or whenever it came out.

+ focaldragonfly23 on October 1st, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

medal of honor and assassin creed 3

+ rachmawanrizky on October 1st, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

Geez, I just renew my PS+ one year subscription on september 30th!! Does it counts? -_-

+ Shadowkunai on October 1st, 2012 at 6:07 pm said:

So does the $20 back stay in my Wallet forever??? {until I spend it} or just for the month of November?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 2nd, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

It expires in early December, so you’ll have around a month to spend the free monies.

+ Johnny_Dark_ on October 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

Would Playstation Home purchases also count? they use wallet funds and seem to be linked to the PSN store. Thanks

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

Yep; they should count

+ deltablazer on October 1st, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

Looking forward to this! If I buy 2 $50 PSN voucher/gift cards, and then use them, will it work? If it does, Medal of Honor Warfighter and RE6, here I come! Plus NBA 2K13. My wallet’s gonna be empty by the end of this month. :P Sorry guys, already preordered AC:III. :D

+ TheKillerMau on October 1st, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

This is also por latin America?

+ GrimlockFan64 on October 1st, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Crap, and I bought $80 last week too! Guess I should’ve waited a week to get a head start on this. XD

+ Chrno2005 on October 1st, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

Should I wait until the store update tomorrow to buy stuff or can I buy stuff tonight? (10pm eastern).

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

yeah, anything as of today, 10/1, and of course, the preorders from any Day 1 Digital games in September count towards this.

+ dodgedoors on October 1st, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

@ 119 I’d say October is October. Go for it

+ PaperCarrier on October 1st, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

At the most I’ll spend $20/month on PSN content in a month average. I don’t think I’ve ever spent a hundred dollars or more on PSN in a single month before and there’s nothing that I really want to spend that much money on in the coming weeks or months :(

+ mainkster on October 1st, 2012 at 8:03 pm said:

just bought 2 year of 99.98 , just need to spend 0.02 cents tomorrow , pobably alex kidd that should do it

+ Yohmaru_EX on October 1st, 2012 at 8:25 pm said:

Hey Morgan. Do you know anything about some kind of discount in OnePiece Pirate Warriors for PLUS??

+ DopeMunky3 on October 1st, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

Dammit I bought One Piece last week, why couldn’t you have given the heads up last week

+ Neonikngc on October 1st, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

Does this apply to Mexico? I know it’s Northamerica, but the LATAM blog doesn’t have the post
Thanks

+ ArchAngelMai on October 1st, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

PLEASE REPLY!!!

I just purchased Borderlands 2 last week for $59.99 on PSN (9/23) specifically…will this count since it was about the same time as the Day 1 digital announce? I was planning on grabbing Dishonored for $53 to reach $100?
Also, any idea if the games keep the 10% off the day they release, or is that only for preorder?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

Borderlands 2 wasn’t a part of the Day 1 Digital program, so I’m afraid it doesn’t count towards this promotion. I believe the discount is only on preorder.

+ siriusbee on October 1st, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:

Is Need For Speed covered under the program?

+ TJF588 on October 1st, 2012 at 11:01 pm said:

While it is a shame that this wasn’t announced during that insane (in a good way) push on Tuesday, the first push of October IS rather close to the start of the month. Thankfully Tokyo Jungle and Hell Yeah! will stay discounted this week, so I can get my PlayStation Card kicked in (remember, Teej, only spend what you can pay out of pocket…), and thankfully all I purchased from that last push has been the FFXIII-2 scenarios and crossover arena matches. Miiight cave in on the other two matches and some costumes , but hopefully I’ll hold myself back a little.

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 1st, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

Will items bought over @ PSHome count towards this awesome reward?

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 1st, 2012 at 11:30 pm said:

Oh… Sry… Question was already asked and answered… Hehe! Awesome!! :P

+ dodgedoors on October 2nd, 2012 at 12:33 am said:

I would have done day one digital with re 6 but they didn’t offer the anthology edition. Re 1-5 digital downloads is a huge bonus for only 30 bucks more. Especially since 1-3 can be played on vita and I have never played 4.

+ NLMX85-USA on October 2nd, 2012 at 1:40 am said:

Did you guys not get the email on this promotion last week? Don’t blame Sony cos you’re to lazy to check your mail.

+ tanuki-hulk on October 2nd, 2012 at 1:45 am said:

A Canadian totally wrote this eh!

+ ShariusTC on October 2nd, 2012 at 2:44 am said:

does this apply for vita? if its yes then i’ll have the reason to grab both version of assassin’s creed 3 by the end of this month in psn

+ tony32424 on October 2nd, 2012 at 3:36 am said:

I want my money back r give my nba 2k13 can’t even get my jam on it happen once but it want happen again

+ TmF1979 on October 2nd, 2012 at 4:07 am said:

Wish I’d known this was coming when I subscribed to Plus on September 27.

+ andr2999 on October 2nd, 2012 at 4:26 am said:

Will this offer also be available in Denmark? and if i pre-odered Assasin’s creed 3 on PSN before the 10% discount, will i also be getting that?

+ RavousFlare on October 2nd, 2012 at 5:53 am said:

if i bought a game using a Credit Card, does it count ?

+ saab01 on October 2nd, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

This sounds good But I am not sure if I would spend 100 on PSN in one month. I don’t really buy games off PSN the only thing I could think of is getting 2 years of Plus. But I am not sure If I want to continue the subscription past June of 2013.

+ LionFranco on October 2nd, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

I’m sorry, but is there a reading comprehension problem here?

It is very very simple. You SPEND a minimum of $100 on ANYTHING on the PSN during October, and you will get a $20 credit back in November to use WHENEVER!

How difficult is that to understand? I mean, people asking if they just have to have the $100 in their wallet are absolutely ludicrous in expecting to get the $20 credit for just having the money in their wallet instead of actually BUYing something…important word there…BUY!

Also, it doesnt say “before discounts” so if you purchase a game, have PS+ and it was originally $15 and you got it for $12, it doesnt mean that you spent $15, it means that you spent $12 and have to spend another $88.

I can barely comprehend how other people cannot comprehend the simplicity of this offer.

+ honestbud on October 2nd, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

is it only for us store or i can do it in england account?

+ DiegoFunhouse on October 2nd, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Hey! What about mexican accounts? Are they in too?

+ Zoidzerg on October 2nd, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

@Morgan via 7

Good to know. I was thinking it might be difficult to hit the 100 mark since I am not big on ordering the big retail games digitally (I wait for those suckers to go down in price, but for those that get them this a great deal). Throwing in a year of plus membership would certainly help hit that mark.

Just got to think about what 5-15$ titles to get to add up to the rest. Bwa ha!

+ kuriousmax on October 2nd, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Since Playstation Plus subscriptions count towards this deal, is there anyway I can buy a subscription on my Vita? I don’t see an option in the store right now, and I don’t have a PS3 so I can’t do it that way. Yes, I’m like the only person who owns a Vita who doesn’t also own a PS3.

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on October 2nd, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

Dear god lol If I wasn’t saving up for something big XD (rather not say on the PS Blog out of fear XD) I would totally take advantage of this if I get really lucky and get a lot of customers I may still be able to I can only hope XD

+ weirdnamemike on October 2nd, 2012 at 6:35 pm said:

“+ Morgan Haro on October 1st, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:
If the games you preorderd are from the Day 1 Digital campaign, then they count!”

How come when I emailed PlayStation support, they told me that my pre-order of NBA 2K13 (which is part of the Day 1 Digital) would not count because I didn’t spend the money specifically in September?

+ dlhdav7 on October 2nd, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

i got nfs most wanted and dishonoured ! now do you think most wanted will have dlc soon ?

+ dlhdav7 on October 2nd, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

@ 147 .. don’t go buy them they don’t know there azz from a hole in the ground !

+ dlhdav7 on October 2nd, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

146 !!!! lol

+ subadictos on October 2nd, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

Excuse me. I received this message today from Sony:

*To qualify purchases must be made via the Sony Entertainment Network wallet only. Purchases made through third party applications are excluded. Purchases must meet or exceed $100 (USD.) Purchases must be made between October 1, 2012 and October 31, 2012″.

What do you mean about “third party applications”?

I bought some FIFA Points “ingame” on FIFA 13. I suppose that qualify for this promotion, right???

Please answer. :)