Uncharted 4

Big Savings: Buy $100 on PSN in October, Get $20 PSN Credit

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Oct 01, 2012 // Director, Digital Distribution

$100 and $20 voucher sale - PSN

It’s officially October, and we have a great new promotion for you to get the most out of your PlayStation gaming experience this month. If you spend $100 or more on the PlayStation Store in October, we’ll give you a $20 credit to your wallet to spend in November! This is a store-wide promotion, so anything you purchase using your wallet will count towards the $100 total. One caveat: the credit back is limited to the first $100 you spend.

With great new programs like PSN Day 1 Digital, offering day-and-date digital PS3 games on the same day they hit retail, there are plenty of ways to participate in the “Buy $100, Get $20” promotion. As a reminder, PlayStation Plus members receive an additional 10% discount on a number of titles in the line-up when they pre-order. Additionally, if you’ve already pre-ordered one of the awesome titles in the PSN Day 1 Digital program, the money you’ve spent on those will count toward your $100 for October. Not bad, eh?

Since the promotion includes anything purchased with your wallet on the PlayStation Store, there are many ways to put purchases towards receiving a $20 credit. You can grab a PlayStation Plus 1-year subscription, or sign up for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket. You can even hop into the video store and catch up on any new releases you may have missed!

With the month of October so packed with scorching-hot game releases, you’ll definitely want to look out for titles like Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassin’s Creed III, The Walking Dead: Episode 4, Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, Street Fighter x Tekken on PS Vita and plenty of others.

Here’s to the start of a great month of gaming on PlayStation Network. Let us know in the comments what you’ll be downloading on PSN in October to count towards a $20 credit. Game on!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ladykiller64 on October 2nd, 2012 at 9:44 pm said:

Good to know a plus membership counts. Might get in on this.

+ SagesVita on October 2nd, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

I just bought a Vita and don’t have a PS3 and have two questions:

1.) How can I purchase PS+ with this promotion? I don’t see it listed as an option on my Vita. Is there some way I can buy it through PSN directly w/o a PS3? When I try to do it through the PSN website it redirects me to Best Buy.

2.) Will this promotion work for the Vita Protection Plan?

Many thanks in advance!!

+ xK3Vx89 on October 3rd, 2012 at 12:25 am said:

I bought for 100$ on last september week? I’ll get 20$ in november? :( …
- Pre-ordered NFS Most Wanted 54$
- CS : GO 15$
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD 15$
- Limbo 15$
- 2 avatar to .50cents each
100$

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 am said:

@ xK3Vx89

Only that pre-order of NFS counts towards the $100. Unless you also bought those other games after October 1.

But even if you did, you wouldn’t have $100 spent yet anyway. You actually spent $99.94 on all that stuff. Don’t fool yourself by adding that extra penny. I’m pretty sure Sony doesn’t round it up to the nearest dollar.

+ trekerie on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:04 am said:

Will Playstation Mobile purchases be included in this? If so, I’m probably going to buy most of them, as I could put them on my Vita and my Xperia Play.

+ Yakushi_X on October 3rd, 2012 at 2:54 am said:

is it still work if i buy a ps vita game?

+ xXL3NiN-92Xx on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

this offer include Mexico…?

+ pierreus2 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

It is really attract me to join the plus for 2 years, and I also have psv waiting for December game instant collection ,

But 2year plus is 49.99×2, so it means I have to spend 0.02, but is there any stuff is only 0.02 ? If you guys know,

please tell me. XD. Thx!

+ Yakushi_X on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

anone know if i buy a vita game + other stuffs can i get my $20 in nov too?

+ pierreus2 on October 3rd, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I know vita can also work, everything bought from your wallet, it can be count.

+ Yakushi_X on October 3rd, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

thank

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 3rd, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

@ pierreus2

If you have MotorStorm Apocalypse, you can buy the glow-in-the-dark rims for .25

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 3rd, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

Actually, you can buy them anyway even if you don’t have the game. Just something cheap to get you over the $100.

+ BuriedSorrow on October 5th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

If I bought stuff inside of another game like DCUO. does that still count?

+ GynPLaYeR on October 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Hello if i purchase “Fifa 2013 Premium Gold Packs” does it count as a purchased o PSN Store? Because i purchase through the game but it uses PS credit to purchase it.

+ Sculptedsoldier on October 8th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

I am curious on something. I would like to get PlaystationPlus 1 year subscription, but I cannot add it to my cart.. If I was to purchase that and then make other purchases to equal up to $100, will that still count? I really hope so, this is an awesome promotion and I would love to get some new games!

+ kambyero- on October 9th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

This promotion will work for all NA PSN accounts, right? Even if I am abroad when I spend the money?

+ ALEX87PS on October 10th, 2012 at 8:25 pm said:

do I have to spend more than $100?, because I just bought two $50 psn cards, and what aboubt the cents? ( for example: buying ps plus 49.99 and other stuff, with my other $50 psn card that doesn’t add $100 :S )

+ nanaki85 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:26 am said:

I’m really hoping for Okami HD to be released on Oct. 30! ^_^

+ SpooNManX on October 12th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

Hopefully this can be answered before the end of October.

My PSN Plus account just auto-renewed, but the “Product Purchase” does NOT show up in the TRANSACTION HISTORY. Does this mean that it won’t count? I hope this isn’t the case. It would be a bad idea to punish those of us who had their PSN Plus accounts set to renew instead of clicking on buying another year of Plus.

I am ready to spend another $50 on games, but if my Plus “Auto-Renewal”
($50) didn’t count towards this promotion I will not be buying anything else.

So hopefully I can get an answer on this. Thanks.

+ SpooNManX on October 12th, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

Also,
ALEX87PS;
You will need to use that credit that you purchased. It’s not enough to have the funds in your PSN wallet//// It won’t count towards the promo! Make sure it’s $100. $99.99 won’t cut it. Buy Revenge of Shinobi for $1.

+ XL_SAIYAN on October 12th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

if I purchase the psn cards retail but then spend the money on the psn that’s still good rite? cause I’ve already spent 60 on nba 2k13 digital day 1 release

+ Sly_Foxtail on October 12th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

I have a question, I preordered dishonored in august, will this count since the didn’t come out until october? doesn’t sound fair if I’m punished for preordering it……

+ FleetingSaga on October 14th, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

I have spent over $100 in the PSN store with my wallet in October, but I did not receive a confirmation e-mail saying that I will be receiving my $20 voucher in November. How do I know for sure that I will be receiving my code?

+ SpooNManX on October 15th, 2012 at 8:29 pm said:

I spent over $100 and I’m also not receiving a confirmation.

$50 was for PSN Plus renewing and I used a PSN Plus $50 Voucher from Sony Rewards.

I really wish they would answer some of these questions or make the rules more clear because there
are going to be a lot of upset people if they ended up being short by .99 cents or if the
vouchers or renewals for Plus don’t qualify!

+ LEDOBRASIL on October 16th, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

I am forced to spend 20 in November or do I save to spend on another opportunity? Thank you.

+ Dubloon7 on October 16th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

if i buy 24 months of PS+ from a retailer, i won’t get the $20? i don’t see the logic here when it all goes to the same place.

+ stratogustav on October 16th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

So far I got The King Of Fighters ’94, The King Of Fighters ’95, The King Of Fighters ’96, Art Of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, World Heroes, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, then I got the online add-on, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Comics, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog 2. How can I tell if I already hit 100? I don’t know which ones of those count.

+ Hymanator on October 16th, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

To see how much you spent during the month of October, go into your account settings and look at your transaction history. You can filter your transaction history results to show October only. Anything you buy counts as a purchase. It can be DLC, a movie, a Vita game, a pre-order, a song, a Home avatar… ANYTHING. Just add up every purchase in your transaction history and you will know how close you are to reaching the $100 goal.

As far as buying a Playstation plus membership card from a retailer, check your transaction history and see if it appears as a “purchase” of some sort after you redeem your card. It may or may not count depending on if it appears a a purchase or not. Buying a membership directly through PSN is the safest bet, but if you already bought a retail card, go ahead and buy more stuff to be safe, there are plenty of awesome games and good deals this month!

Have fun and good luck earning your reward.

+ Belcos on October 18th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Does this promotion applies to México? i suscribed to Plus and bought SIlent Hill for VITA. SO if it does work, i might as well get something else to reach the $100 ^^.

+ applepfreak420 on October 19th, 2012 at 6:49 am said:

I spent over a hundred like 2 weeks ago. Do i still get it?

+ Stormshadowrule on October 19th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

can i redeem this on any account?

+ SpooNManX on October 20th, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

I’m really not happy about my $50 PSN Plus Voucher I purchased from Sony Rewards NOT counting towards my
$100 October goal! :(

Now I’ve renewed my Plus account into 2014 and still can’t get the $20 credit in November.

+ Lasor on October 21st, 2012 at 1:55 pm said:

Does the money spent have to be 100$ exactly or more? Or is it alright if I spend it on 59.99 + 29.99 + 9.99 = 99.97? Missing it by 3 cents would be really annoying! :\

+ SpooNManX on October 21st, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

@Lasor: You better buy something for a dollar or you won’t get $20 back.

+ ZerosevEx on October 22nd, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

I bought games a total of $120 on my brothers PSN account so thats $20.
My first question is do I get a code in the email?

My second thing is: I Pre ordered Dishonored September 29th and bought RE6 October 2nd. Do I also get $20 on my account via voucher/code in email?

If the $20 are codes I can preorder AC3. :)

+ ubereem33 on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:43 am said:

So… where are the mods and admins to answer the questions about which items apparently don’t count toward the $100 after all, i.e. renewals that don’t show up as “purchases?”

My plus membership did the exact same thing this month, and I was assuming that I could count that toward the $100 mark until I read these posts that are making me think otherwise. Was going to spend another $50 on Of Orcs and Men to get over the hump, but if that doesn’t count and I have no way of knowing for sure either way (how about a better list of what qualifies and what doesn’t?), I really don’t want to spend the money.

Seems like a good deal if I know I’m getting $20 back, not so much if I’m not.

+ ubereem33 on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:50 am said:

Okay, double checked (sorry for the double post, can’t find the edit button if there is one, someone point it out), and my renewal did go through as a product purchase. Maybe it’s if you set the wallet to not auto-fund?

I dunno.

I’m zero help here, move along, nothing to see.

+ midnight9113 on October 26th, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

fantastic. my ps plus auto renewed and heard about the deal on the blogcast and now i downloaded dishonored. boom baby! cant wait for download to complete and of course $20.00 back in the wallet.

+ ZerosevEx on October 27th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Can I please get a answer? Does my September Dishonored preorder count? If not I need to spend $40 in the next 4 days.

+ SpooNManX on October 27th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

@ ZerosevEx: You should call Sony customer service.
They don’t tend to check forum posts after the first few hours it seems.

+ ZerosevEx on October 28th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

@SpooNManX

I contacted Sony and any pre-order that has the game releasing in October count’s So Assassin Creed 3, Dishonored and such pre-ordered count. So I reached my $100. :)

+ x-the_scorpion-x on October 28th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

does this offer apply to Puerto Rico?

+ ZerosevEx on October 29th, 2012 at 5:01 am said:

@x-the_scorpion-x

Last I heard it was the US and Canada. Call/Email support just in case.

+ x-the_scorpion-x on October 29th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

ok, thanks

+ megabassxz on October 30th, 2012 at 4:37 am said:

Hi! Does my purchase have to be exactly $100? Because I have 2 $50 PSN Cards. And what I want to buy only adds up to $99.97. Will it still qualify? Please answer ASAP. Thanks!

+ ZerosevEx on October 30th, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

@megabassxz
You will NOT qualify. It needs to be $100 or more. Better buy a cheap game asap.

+ Dragun619 on October 30th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

Or just buy a cheap Avatar. 49 cents for most.

+ RaGE__PoiSoNz on October 31st, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

so when and how do i receive this.

PAGE 1 2 3 4