PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Mobile Launches Today With Super Crate Box, Loot the Land and More

Chris Mahoney's Avatar + Posted by Chris Mahoney on Oct 03, 2012 // Director of Emerging Platforms, SCEA

Need more information on PlayStation Mobile? Want to know more about supported tablets and phones? Head here.

PlayStation Mobile Header

As you may remember from our previous post about PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation’s brand new mobile games platform for select mobile devices has been in the works, and you can try it out yourselves starting today! PlayStation Mobile allows you to get PlayStation-like experiences on a variety of platforms such as PS Vita and PlayStation Certified devices such as select Android phones and a variety of tablets. Downloading content, including games, on PlayStation Mobile is easy for gamers with a SEN account. Simply use your PSN Wallet to purchase PlayStation Mobile content.

PlayStation Mobile: Super Crate Box

While we’ll be constantly expanding our content offerings for the platform, we’re excited for you to check out our initial line-up of launch titles, including Loot The Land, Beats Slider, and Super Crate Box. Let us know which titles are your favorites.

For PS Vita users, as long as you have Internet access, you can use your PSN Wallet to download the full range of PlayStation Mobile content. Simply visit the PlayStation Mobile section within the PlayStation Store on PS Vita and take your pick from the list of available titles. If you purchased PlayStation Mobile content on another PlayStation Certified device, go to [Options] > [Download List] to select the title and download it directly to your PS Vita. With PlayStation Mobile, PS Vita owners are getting yet another way to access PlayStation content on the go!

PlayStation Mobile: Loot the LandPlayStation Mobile: BeatsSlider

For owners of select PlayStation Certified Sony smartphones and tablets powered by Android, you can find instructions to access PlayStation Mobile content here.

Here at PlayStation, we’re always looking for ways to improve your PlayStation gaming experiences, and we can’t wait for you to get up and running on PlayStation Mobile so we can hear your feedback. Be sure to check out PlayStation Mobile starting today, and let us know what you think in the comments and in the official PlayStation community forums.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kajax on October 3rd, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

When will PS Store get the new look you announced with the new PS3 slim?

+ vesra on October 3rd, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

For those, like myself, that had the previous version of the PS Store on your cellular or tablet, you can still download your previous ps1 classics through the store within PlayStation Mobile. Simply press the menu button on your device while in the PSM store front and select the download list. Your ps1 games will be located there.

Fix the DRM system. A one time per game check should be sufficient enough. Wanted to play beats trellis on my subway ride home. Unfortunately, i have no cellular sservice underground. Thus, the drm check failed and i could not access my content. That sucks sweaty pigs, it verified my purchase last night and earlier today at work. Does it really need to do so every single time i access my content. You are eating up my limited data, when i have service. Not cool bros, not cool one bit.

+ NashTheSlash on October 3rd, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Please make an SDK that isn’t tied to C# and Mono. Programming with the JVM and Scala is really a breath of fresh air after being stuck in C# for so long. Ah well, there is always the straight Android SDK.

+ PoppaWheelie on October 3rd, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

So it’s Buyer Beware for Wi-Fi only Vita users since you apparently aren’t able to play anything you buy unless you have an internet connection at all times. I had feared that when I read the small print, and it appears to be verified by vesra’s comments above #102… Why do you keep sticking your head in your ass Sony? Foot too comfy?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

No iphone love? No money from me.

+ watchout_99 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

I just won’t a app were I can access my playstation network store from my iPad,iPhone,droid,I touch etc. I want to be able to buy a downloadable game from my desk on my iPad with out having to go turn on the tv, get my controller out wait for psn to load and everything I want to be able to pull my iPad out and go to a playstation store and download add on content or game right from my iPad. And be able to back download it with out ever going in the living room and turning the tv on.Wii u had this exact concept so if it works how they say, Sony and Microsoft is out of the game! Nintendo is dominating! Sony I love you guys so bring up your game!

+ ccanfield1 on October 3rd, 2012 at 11:26 pm said:

Love that this finally is out. I wish it was available for PSP and more phones, including iOS devices. Look forward to Playstation Mobile expanding and improving.

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 3rd, 2012 at 11:40 pm said:

I have a question that I’d like as many answers as possible for. Are you trophy collectors new to gaming? If you’re not new to gaming, didn’t you enjoy playing games for fun or for the challenge before trophies were added to games? Did all of last generation’s games fail to interest you because they didn’t have trophies? Of course not, right? So, how did you lose touch with what initially got you into gaming? How did trophies become such a dominant force in your gaming lives? How the @#$% did trophies become more important and/or interesting than the games themselves?

I like to acquire trophies myself, they’re a nice little bonus to shoot for, but to completely dismiss a game for a lack of these little imaginary rewards? I just don’t understand. Really, I’m trying to understand the mindstate of you gamers today. Please answer.

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 3rd, 2012 at 11:51 pm said:

And to explain my position further – personally, the main reason I game is for fun, of course. The secondary reason is for the challenge. I absolutely LOVE to be challenged. I love the trial-and-error process, solving the puzzles that stand in my way, and the eventual triumphant bliss when the challenge is finally overcome. I’m also a bit of a perfectionist. Not totally OCD-type perfectionist, but enough of one to have an uncompleted game sitting there bugging me a little bit. I like to complete games to 100% if I can, mostly for the satisfaction of conquering the challenge of course, but also so that I feel like I’ve experienced all the game can offer.

Trophies add an extra layer of challenges to complete. That’s why I enjoy them. But as I just said, they are an EXTRA layer. A nice little ADDITION to the overall package. They aren’t mandatory for any reason. If a game doesn’t have trophies, I still shoot for all the in-game goals, and enjoy my time doing so.

Maybe this is all because I’m an older gamer who’s been gaming since 1983 so I’d like to believe that I know what gaming is all about. I really don’t understand the “no trophy = no buy” mind-state at all.

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 4th, 2012 at 12:00 am said:

PoppaWheelie:

I loved the points you made about the DRM and how flawed the theories of “lost revenue due to piracy” really are. I wish more people were able to think for themselves like that, and not just swallow whatever garbage the industry capitalists feed them. I’m anti-piracy as well, and you’re right on target with what you said. You made a lot of good points, and the industry big-wigs should read it and take notes. Keep it real, brother.

+ pensfanatic67 on October 4th, 2012 at 2:11 am said:

Really bummed that the PS1 games list is gone. I found, thanks to the previous poster, where the games I’ve already downloaded were, but I wish I still had the option to buy some more. I’m cool with new stuff, but how hard would it have been to keep the old options open?

Thanks in advance. Other than this complaint, I’m loving the new store front! Fits in well with the look and feel of the Vita!

+ bryanh7 on October 4th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I own a sony tablet and i can’t seem to buy ps1 games anymore. I do like the minis but i really wanted to buy some more ps1 games for my tablet. I own a ps3 and have lots of ps1 games on there but is there anyway to get them on my tablet now that the store has changed.

+ PoppaWheelie on October 4th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Thanks for the love PrimeroIncognito! +1 to briianc as well. Although Sony’s tact is less tasteless than MS’s or Nintendo’s – it still isn’t what I’d call a strictly above board practice. Say for example, you are a casual gamer – now with the PSM store you have $0.79 games available. You have no money in your digital wallet, so when you buy this eighty cent game you are charged $5.00. Since you are a casual gamer, you may not buy another game for months. Sure, the credit is still there for you to use – but Sony has been collecting interest on your money and not you. What if you never buy another game from Sony again for whatever reason? Sony has now collected $5 for the sale of a $0.79 game. It’s a couple bucks, I get it – but it is Sony making a mountain out of many thousand molehills – not me. It really isn’t a matter of somebody probably shouldn’t be buying games if they are worried about a few dollars at all. It’s about getting what we pay for when we pay for it, and only paying for what we buy when we buy it.

+ king_sora55 on October 6th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

does anybody know if it is working on the HTC phones yet?? i have a HTC one s and i have not got it yet, i tried to do that download thing and it still have not worked….. please help

+ Elvick_ on October 8th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Thanks 102, I didn’t see that. Now I don’t have to worry about my PSone purchases. Still wish I could have Wild Arms 2 on my tablet though.

+ bnecker717 on October 10th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

I really hope trophies are added to PlayStation Mobile games. Once they are I plan to buy several of these games.

+ Ch33seHunt3er on October 11th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

what about 2011 xperia phones like arc s ?

+ ChavitaMJP18 on October 11th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

When is this going to be available in Mexico?? Please answer!!

+ sockshin on October 14th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

Can you guys please get Minecraft on playstation mobile!?

+ reilz81 on October 15th, 2012 at 5:16 am said:

its a shame you dont support the galaxy s phones i would of gladly thrown money for a few good games

PAGE 1 2 3