PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Plus Update: King of Fighters XIII Free For Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 08, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Once again, we’re here to brighten your Monday with the weekly update on incoming Plus content this week. So far in October, NFL Blitz joined the Instant Game Collection and Plus members received some discounts on Alex Kidd and Spelunker. This week, please join us in thanking our friends at Atlus for delivering the legendary King of Fighters XIII, free for Plus members! These updates will take effect with the October 9th (that’s tomorrow!) PlayStation Store update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 9th PlayStation Plus Update

King of Fighters XIII

Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Select Add-Ons (An additional 30% off the PSN Sale Price)

King of Fighters XIII captured the attention of the fighting game community at this year’s amazingly salty EVO 2012 fighting game tournament. That said, we’re happy to get this deep fighter in to the hands of Plus members everywhere! With tons of play modes, a refined, faster paced engine, over 30 beautifully rendered and animated characters, all with great online play; this is one fighter you won’t want to miss. You’ll also find select Add-ons, including extra characters Mr. Karate, on sale for 30% off the PSN sale price, which is 50% off the regular store price. If you want to see how crazy the game can get, check out the final match in this year’s tournament. Epic stuff.

The Revenge of Shinobi

80% Discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

SEGA’s got more gaming to deliver this week with The Revenge of Shinobi available to Plus members for just $1. The Genesis original holds up with the gameplay and music you remember (as well as the crazy difficulty). With save anywhere capabilities, Trophy support, and graphical touch ups for an HD close-up, it’s an accessible classic that everyone should play.

Derrick the Deathfin (New PSN Release)

30% Discount (Regular Price: $7.99, PS Plus Price: $5.59)

You may have seen the PlayStation.Blog post revealing this PSN exclusive, and Plus members will be able to jump on a release week discount for this unique underwater papercraft action game (yes, that’s accurate). Packing an amazing artistic design, 32 handcrafted levels, and diverse gameplay, it’s a steal at just over $5.

Finally, we’ve got another poll for you. This time, we’re curious to know what you would be most interested to see in PS Plus on PS Vita. The service is scheduled to arrive this November, and we’ll have more concrete information as we lead up to launch. And remember, it’s all one Plus subscription whether you get Plus now, or later. Don’t forget to also rank this post in the upper right corner too; we use all that data.

What type of benefits would you place as most important for PS Plus for PS Vita?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update, and come back next week when we’ll have more great Plus news to share (including another free game for October 16th). See you in the comments, where I’m sure you’ll let us know what you think!

PlayStation Plus Update 10-9-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

+ thebmxer94 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

What about giving again Costume Quest? i missed it (and im sure a lot of people did too) and well you know we are on october and halloween stuff, it would be cool.

+ Kchow23 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

It would’ve been great if this was offered during or shortly after the EVO tournaments since all the awesome holiday games are about to come out. Looking forward to trying out KOF although I hear that the learning curve is rather steep.

+ Briguyb13 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

Why does EU PS+ members get RE5 Gold edition and Bullet Storm, and all we get is this crap?

+ Alex_Alfa on October 8th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

So we get Blitz + King of Fighters XIII while Europe gets Hell yeah (new release) + Bulletstorm + RE5 Gold

Are you kidding me?

Please Morgan, when can we expect the SAME quality of games as SCEE gets? in a month? a year? never?
Why the big gap in quality? SCEA has less subscriptors? SCEE has a better third party negotiator? SCEA doesn’t care? what is it?

You say game preferences are subjective, if you feel confident that the majority of us are satisfied with this month’s SCEA offerings why don’t you make a poll about it?

Also we should go back to the monthly PS+ updates, I prefer just one big disappointment instead of 3 smaller ones a month.

+ Kchow23 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

Moreover, since PS Vita’s PS Plus content does not raise the price of the membership does that mean that we will get less content for PS3 in order to accommodate the PS Vita content or vice versa?

+ WoundedUnderwear on October 8th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Last week Blitz, now KOFXIII. EU are getting awesome games and we get junk. Do you think it’s time to rotate Infamous 2 and LBP2 out. For once start putting some better games on Plus. I know it’s hard to please everyone, but EU doesn’t seem to run into that problem. Maybe you guys need to ask for help from EU.

+ Kchow23 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Also would PS Mobile games be included under the “Free games playable only on PS Vita”?

+ Superstone on October 8th, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

Btw where is Wrestlefest?

+ Kchow23 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

PS Blog.Share should could use an update btw!

+ Elvick_ on October 8th, 2012 at 1:55 pm said:

@130: Not all games for Vita are at retail. Especially in NA.

+ Beckanno on October 8th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

Looks like October is another bust. Maybe the IGC willl pick up next year? Probably not.

+ MarkakaJin on October 8th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

I never actually played a King of Fighters game. Well, I did play ’97 but just for a little bit and I instantly lost interest afterwards. Maybe I’ll give King of Fighters another chance but it will never be one my top fighting games. Tekken can not be topped by any, as far as I know.

+ remanutd5 on October 8th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

I want to see full psvita games on ps+ , games like
ModNation Racers Road Trip
Resistance Burning Skies
Gravity Rush
Rayman
Unit 13
and of course discounts on vita games, im not interested in psp or psone games.

+ blakseed on October 8th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

I’m actually ok with the PS plus selections. People are dead bent on comparing EU and US plus offerings, but the great thing about that is I already own all of the games that EU has. I actually buy the games I want you see. I like that plus offers games that I probably would have missed out on.

+ DiegoHuXO on October 8th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

I like PSN PLUS US a LOT, but….

I’m getting PLUS EU!!!!
I don’t know, their games seem to fit me better, i have 9 more months on US, i’m gonna think if it is worth to keep it, it’s 9 months to see if things change….

I don’t know, i’ll keep both accounts, it is better than cry here though….

I like your post Morgan :D

+ xGrandpaGamer on October 8th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

Sony thanx for releasing Dishonered at midnight !!!! Oh wait i forgot no midnight release sorry

+ Superstone on October 8th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

What is with having only 100 apps allowed on the Vita?

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

IM LITERALLY TORN BETWEEN THE US PS PLUS AND THE EU PS PLUS NOW..ESPECIALLY KNOWING DARKSIDERS WAS FREE…I JUST BOUGHT THAT LAST MONTH!

+ Sub-Zero on October 8th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

Kof hell yea! the FGC approves! I already have it but great game regardless.

+ Ryumoau on October 8th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Really?! First you give us a crappy football game last week, now a boring fighting game? I’m getting really annoyed now. Why not give us an rpg for once?

+ S-Man2099 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

The sense of entitlement some of you people have is ridiculous. I enjoy the eclectic collection Plus puts up. Do I download every game? No. But if I’m even semi interested in it, I do. Like the poster above me said, I buy games I actually want when they come out. I don’t wait so I can complain about the digital price or the fact that Europe got that game and we got this one.

Those of you complaining about free games…there is no hope for you. You’re forever doomed to be lame. You may as well join XBOX LIVE and enjoy their free games. Oh wait….

+ Ryumoau on October 8th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Also i voted for more discounts on Vita games, mainly because you guys suck at choosing good free games for us. I’d rather just have more discounts so i’ll have a better chance of getting something that actually appeals to me.

+ Sub-Zero on October 8th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Oh and just ouht a ps vita ….have ZERO interest in psp games for it. Had and sold 2 psp already ….please dont make me nix the vita too.

+ JonJonXD on October 8th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

As always, you are really delivering. I can’t wait to fire up KOFXIII.

As for the vita integration with the program, I voted for both vita and PSP content. I don’t see why people would have a problem with PSP content. I see that content being treated like ps1 or ps2 classics on the store (I assume that’s how they are being considered in the vita’s case at least).

I wouldn’t mind a free PSP game each month along with discounts on vita games or free PSN exclusive ones. The library is too small and new for cart based games to expect free ones I’d think.

Anyway, great update. You’re the man.

+ shadwayne on October 8th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

so morgan…..will vita games get discounts eventually for plus?…right now im in demo central …s3 getting all the fun

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 8th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

Didn’t the Instant Game Collection just come out in June? I remember when it first launched and pretty much everyone was excited to be a plus member, and now look….

I for one am pretty happy about my plus membership and appreciate all of the services they offer.

But I wonder what most of you complainers did before IGC, and you had to *gasp* actually buy games you wanted.

+ scoopmoose on October 8th, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

I think the most important thing you can do with PS + Vita right now is announce the Instant Game Collection line-up right away.

The people I know that have a Vita, myself included, stopped buying Vita games as soon as PS+ was announced. There’s not a very large selection of games, so the chances of a game we want being offered for free is quite high. I’m eager to buy something new for my Vita, yet I don’t want to waste my money on something I will get for free if I wait a couple months. If we knew what we could buy now without regretting the decision, it would stimulate sales. Sure, it would kill the sale of those games that make the list, but isn’t that better than ALL Vita game sales being withheld for several more weeks?

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

so i was reading the ps plus update for EU and noticed one of the users comments:

cognac-vsop says

LOL at US PS+ users, NFL Blitz..hahahaha.. not once have i envied what the US has gotten!
you guys are the best! keep up the great work!

Seriously???? were being mocked by our own ps3 family. im almost excited now that my ps plus ended yesterday, i think EU PLUS PLUS is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above ours at this moment. maybe that’ll change, but after actually looking at the offerings, compared to what we have had, minus the instant game collection after E3…it has been sub-par..

what limitations do we have in the US that EU have been able to successfully cross over…

+ snakeeyes211 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

I would still like red dead redemption :-)
Darksiders :-)
Dead space 2 :-)
Bullet storm ;-)
And a discount for the Max Payne 3 season pass :-)
That’s my PlayStation plus WishList ;-)

+ JumpMan33 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

I’m okay with sony putting psp games on PS+ only as long as psp titles that never made it to PSN start getting added to the online store. (Such as MegaMan Powered UP, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)

+ oZc-Gauss on October 8th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

FUUUUUCK! YEAAAAAAH! KOF XIII !!!

+ Ryumoau on October 8th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

and lol @ 80% off revenge of Shinobi. That old game should be given to all Playstation members for free just for signing into psn. No way am i paying a dime for a game that old and irrelevant.

Wish Derrick the death fin got that big a discount instead.

+ mf_ghost_414 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

I have to wonder if any of those PS Plus complainers have ever taken a date out to dinner & a movie – or bought a new game that can be completed in about 20 hours or so. Yep, $50 for a night out or entertainment wise doesn’t go far in those regards. But I suppose if you have tried Plus for a year and can’t get at least that out of it then….

+ DragonSpirit76 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

personally I think you guys know what your doing with PS+. i wanted to vote for all 3 options since there are still psp games i would like to get. I would like to see more psp games that are compatible with the vita. a few of my psp games that i had purchased digitally are still not compatible still. i would like to see the psp games that were pulled off psn to be put back and compatible with the vita as well.

+ rjejr on October 8th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

Driving my sons to a birthday party today we were discussing PS+ and hoping either RDR or Motorstorm Apocalypse would be coming tomorrow as the EU had them awhile ago. Maybe next week I guess. Not that the kids mind, they each got their copy of Pokemon W2 and B2 so they won’t be looking at a Sony system for awhile.

+ Rootboi_Root on October 8th, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

I am not the type to wait for free games. If i want to play something i will buy it, trust me, my room full of games and consoles speaks for it self. There are games that i had on other consoles or the pc that came out in EU which i wouldn mind replaying on the ps3 n cut for some more platinum trophies in them. Also some where i wasn’t sure they were worth my cash, cuz i wasn’t sure if i would like it.

Whats buggin me is the quality and value of the US PSN Plus games compared to the ones in EU. They get games that are 30 bucks n more and alot of GOTY and Gold Editions, when we get games that are 5 to 15 bucks (Or less, yea I’m looking at you Ronnie O’Sullican Snooker).
I know they pay 50 euros instead of 50 dollars, but that is about 10 dollars more n they had 25 percent discounts on their subscriptions, so that doesn’t justify the gap between US and EU. You say i shouldn’t complain about free games, but oh, wait a second, I’m paying 50 bucks am I not? So is it wrong to ask for the same value for money that Europe gets? It shouldn’t be.
Probably gonna switch to the European Psn Plus as well if things don change before my subscription runs out.

+ Alex_Alfa on October 8th, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

We complain because PS+ can obviously be better and we don’t want to be treated as second rate customers.

+ moidsch on October 8th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

It’s great to be a PS+ subscriber. I’ve bought KoF 12, but it was a miserable game. Many issues plagued that iteration. And I swore I wouldn’t buy another KoF ever.

But then came 13. And many friends were playing it. And then came the KoF evo Finals. And all my memories from my KoF past at arcades. But I’d sworn.

Thank you PS+ from relieving me from my burden. Now I can play KoF again and maybe come to terms again with the franchise.

Best and most unexpected update.

PS. Gonna buy the Derrick PSN exclusive also. : )

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

@170 i can respect your comment, but some of us had ps plus waaayyyyy before the IGC and the offerings then was pretty lackluster. it’s hard as a consumer to sit here and look at nfl blitz this week as our offering when EU is getting Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5 (all dlc included)

how can you convince me right now, that i should be ecstatic about nfl blitz compared to bulletstorm or resident evil 5. nfl blitz and bulletstorm both published under EA….so AT-THE-VERY-LEAST we could of got Bulletstorm.

i’ve had ps plus since it first released back in 2010 when no one was interested in it..i’ve seen the growth, but we never really saw the fruits of this service until the IGC..

even back then EU got SSFIIHD for free.. we had vector..it was a minis game..free

+ mf_ghost_414 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Or you could just be happy for all the Plus users who happen to enjoy what’s released each week. But no…clearly it should be all about you.

+ Matrix_Lion on October 8th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

King of Fighters XIII > all other fighting games.

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

@182 a date and ps plus have nothing to do with each other…im a consumer that’s a gamer first, i would never compare my gaming to a woman…ever…

women offer alot that gaming can’t…gaming is a smooth getaway from reality..

but the reality in this situation, were paying customers, love the service and we see where the service can go. do we really have to gawk at everything the eu ps plus is offering? probably not..but thats the reality.

the link is at the top, so apparently were more then entitled to visit their page and see what they have going on..

+ CrazyGuy62 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

HEY PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT EU VS US… YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY FAVORS ON THE US+ SIDE BY SWITCHING TO THE EU PLUS RIGHT?? OH YEAH LETS SWITCH TO THE EU SIDE, THAT WILL SHOW THEM!! YEAH RIGHT!! THAT WILL JUST MAKE THEM SAY OKAY AND DROP IT ALTOGETHER AND THEN HOW DOES THAT LEAVE US THE ONES WHO LIKE THE US+ WHEN IT IS DROPPED ALTOGETHER?? IN OTHER WORDS< YOU JUST MADE IT COST MORE FOR US AND FOR WHAT? GAMES YOU COULD JUST GO TO THE STORE AND PICK UP MOST OF THEM UNDER 20?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!

+ ypto_77 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

good upgrade, but could be better
other hand, it would be soon put free games for PS Vita?

+ DCS-Tekken on October 8th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

KOF XIII Nice! Even thoe i own all Fighting Games on the Disc it be nice to get it FREE as a Download! YAY! changing the disc all the time to play a game is a pain! More games need to be downloable only… Time for the Disc to go! LOL!

With that said…

U got other fighting games on ur store like?

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition!
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

It be nice to have those Downlaods FREE for PLUS members also. Make it happen!

By: DCS

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

@189 u can defend it all you want. but the facts are the facts. i was excited, was happy, but i just bought Darksiders last month, i just found out EU HAD it free..TODAY.why shouldnt i feel shafted, its on the same console..we speak the same language..why cant i get the same offerings with the same service..

i love sony, i swear i do, biggest fan boy of all things playstation. own a 60gb and 320gb 3D TV and all..

but this stings, and they provide you with political answers for EVERYTHING..i know how corporate america works, unfortunately…

+ remanutd5 on October 8th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

whats up with all the fighting games? i dont wanna be Bruce Lee, i want to see Sorcery, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3 on ps+ asap. and please dont give us old psp games as part of vita ps+ content, if i wanted to play psp game i would have kept my psp i want full psvita games not old games.

+ YungShep on October 8th, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

maybe i should be happy with the free ps one games they give us…

i mean, i did buy a ps3 for ps3 games, not the other way around.. so i wont complain no more.

+ detictiveconan on October 8th, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

I was hoping for a discount on Retro City Rampage but I am glad to see another fighter come to Plus.

I voted for PSP/Vita games because right now there are more PSP and PS1 games I want then Vita only.

+ eljuamposo94 on October 8th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

nice! haven’t tried KOFXIII before… hoping for RE5 someday!! thanks for the update!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9