Ratchet & Clank PS4

Oct 08

PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update: King of Fighters XIII Free For Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 08, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Once again, we’re here to brighten your Monday with the weekly update on incoming Plus content this week. So far in October, NFL Blitz joined the Instant Game Collection and Plus members received some discounts on Alex Kidd and Spelunker. This week, please join us in thanking our friends at Atlus for delivering the legendary King of Fighters XIII, free for Plus members! These updates will take effect with the October 9th (that’s tomorrow!) PlayStation Store update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 9th PlayStation Plus Update

King of Fighters XIII

Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Select Add-Ons (An additional 30% off the PSN Sale Price)

King of Fighters XIII captured the attention of the fighting game community at this year’s amazingly salty EVO 2012 fighting game tournament. That said, we’re happy to get this deep fighter in to the hands of Plus members everywhere! With tons of play modes, a refined, faster paced engine, over 30 beautifully rendered and animated characters, all with great online play; this is one fighter you won’t want to miss. You’ll also find select Add-ons, including extra characters Mr. Karate, on sale for 30% off the PSN sale price, which is 50% off the regular store price. If you want to see how crazy the game can get, check out the final match in this year’s tournament. Epic stuff.

The Revenge of Shinobi

80% Discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

SEGA’s got more gaming to deliver this week with The Revenge of Shinobi available to Plus members for just $1. The Genesis original holds up with the gameplay and music you remember (as well as the crazy difficulty). With save anywhere capabilities, Trophy support, and graphical touch ups for an HD close-up, it’s an accessible classic that everyone should play.

Derrick the Deathfin (New PSN Release)

30% Discount (Regular Price: $7.99, PS Plus Price: $5.59)

You may have seen the PlayStation.Blog post revealing this PSN exclusive, and Plus members will be able to jump on a release week discount for this unique underwater papercraft action game (yes, that’s accurate). Packing an amazing artistic design, 32 handcrafted levels, and diverse gameplay, it’s a steal at just over $5.

Finally, we’ve got another poll for you. This time, we’re curious to know what you would be most interested to see in PS Plus on PS Vita. The service is scheduled to arrive this November, and we’ll have more concrete information as we lead up to launch. And remember, it’s all one Plus subscription whether you get Plus now, or later. Don’t forget to also rank this post in the upper right corner too; we use all that data.

What type of benefits would you place as most important for PS Plus for PS Vita?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update, and come back next week when we’ll have more great Plus news to share (including another free game for October 16th). See you in the comments, where I’m sure you’ll let us know what you think!

PlayStation Plus Update 10-9-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on October 10th, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

Sure EU has been getting the superior games lately, but its about time. EU usually gets new games released months later, they pay more not only for games, but for Plus, and their store isn’t as organized. I’m sure US will get some better games one month and EU users will be mad. If not then go buy a EU account. Seriously stop asking for games that you personally want. Not everybody plays RPGS, so please stop asking for you own RPG filled Plus IGC. The same goes for other genres.

The only thing I want to add for recommendations for Plus is to add some good racing games now and then, because lately it has been fighting games. Also discounts on older games that still haven’t came down in price would be nice. I still see the Midnight Clubs for PSP at $20, yet Burnouts are $10. Also Tekken 6 is still overpriced. I’m not looking to buy those games, I’m just saying if you guys have any say in making recommendations to the publishers prices, then maybe you guys can ask them to bring their prices down for older games, or put them on sale.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on October 10th, 2012 at 7:23 pm said:

Can’t wait for Plus to hit the Vita and I honestly think Vita games should come first with a mixture of discounts/free PSP games because there aren’t many Vita games out that most people won’t already have. Once the Vita has a larger library, then I think Plus can focus more on Vita only games, and less on PSP/PS1 9but don’t drop it altogether, just don’t make it main focus).

Anyways, keep up the good work guys.

+ Wileyx22 on October 10th, 2012 at 8:34 pm said:

US Playstation plus needs more mainstream titles you can download for free.

+ Smokey1882 on October 10th, 2012 at 8:43 pm said:

Bulletstorm and re5 gold Vs a street fighter knockoff. Just sayin

+ trum3n1 on October 10th, 2012 at 10:13 pm said:

Bulletstorm and re5 gold Vs a street fighter knockoff. Just sayin [2]

+ trum3n1 on October 10th, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

PS+ US just sucks…. I wish I had PS+ EU.

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 11th, 2012 at 3:35 am said:

StrykerINF_1_23 on October 10th, 2012 at 7:20 pm said: “way too many people think that Plus is their personal games wishlist. Honestly if you people want RE5, Dues Ex, and Red Dead, etc, then why don’t you go buy them?? Buy them used online or Craigslist. If you really wanted those games, you would buy them. It makes no sense to buy Plus for $50 a year, then wait around every Tuesday to see if the game you want is added to the IGC. Quit complaining about something thats optional! You don’t have pay for Plus if you don’t think its a good value.”

EXACTLY! Finally, someone with some sense!

Thanks for posting Stryker. I was starting to worry that I was the last one left with a brain around here.

+ The_Zombanana on October 11th, 2012 at 6:21 am said:

Ugh… Lately it seems like PS+ is picking their free games straight from my collection.

+ Smokey1882 on October 11th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

We don’t need people to tell us to buy the games, we (obviously) know that. I personally came on here to express my opinion which is what they want so they can improve their service. As for the games… Look at it like this, Christmas morning and your sibling got two great presents while you got a brown itchy Christmas sweater. You did get something but you feel duped.

+ kaka_campolongo on October 11th, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

Once again I feel upset about the attitude of ps plus to their subscribers, for example I bought about two months the game THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII in the ps store, and this came for free to subscribers plus, and that I ‘m also a subscriber feel abandoned by not having any kind of toast in place

It is the second time that happens to me, first with OUTLAND and now with KOF XIII, for in such cases the ps plus does not release another download of the same amount that has already been made ​​available for those who already bought the game until then the free month? ?

KOF XIII example the costs 39.99, 39.99 release is just a credit to subscribers who have already purchased the game on ps store in your library

+ kaka_campolongo on October 11th, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

and I would like a response, positioning the ps plus, since you never answered me and I am already on my second consecutive year subscription

+ Sukhijay on October 12th, 2012 at 2:42 am said:

Lmao last week we were told we would be pleasantly surprised with next weeks free game.

I would use the word pleasantly tbh. Another week and another piece of donkey shiz.
Lets see now….

Week 1 : A useless, game worth less then $1 for FREE!!!! (OMG WHAT A DEAL!)

Week 2 : A Street fighter rip off (OMG HOW DO THEY ALWAYS PICK THE BEST GAMES!!!)

I feel so blessed to have such **Wonderful** games to choose from!!!

+ Ryumoau on October 12th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

@417 my thoughts exacetly.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on October 12th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

Bro you can’t be mad at anyone for that, not even yourself. Any game you buy has a chance of appearing on Plus. You might as well stop buying any games from now on, just so that you aren’t forced against your will to download it again from Plus. I mean that would be like, totally terrible. If you buy alot of games, then maybe Plus isn’t worth it because theres always a chance that your games will be added on there. Its happened to me too, but really there is nothing you can do about it.

+ shadwayne on October 12th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

idownloaded this instantly….to believe was gonna buy this saturday….i just wanna see the discounts on vita games…..im yet to own a vita game….20 psn points left on my account…what should i buy

+ giddings75 on October 12th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

Is there plans on having any free PS Vita content available in the future?

+ Xnightwish on October 12th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Seriously? we get KoF and europe gets RE5 and bulletstorm? I REALLY don’t want to sound whiny but this is no way to maintain a continued subscription base outside of europe, I could see once in awhile EU gets a better month than the US and vice versa…but this has been going on since the instant game collection started…either put forth the effort to satisfy ALL your subscribers or don’t bother.

+ hunterdragoonx on October 13th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Next poll should include, what genre of game or what features like “multiplayer” we would like to see.

+ cusetown313 on October 14th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

PSN 82 Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
PSN 78 Chime Super Deluxe
Type Rating Game
Retail 77 King of Fighters XIII
Retail 70 Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
PSN 91 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
PSN 84 The Walking Dead (Ep. 1 & 2)
PSN 80 NFL Blitz
PSN 76 Hard Corps: Uprising
PSN 72 Gotham City Imposters
PSN 73 Sideway: New York
PSN 71 Choplifter HD
PSN 69 Bloodrayne Betrayal
PSN 67 Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

+ RampageDeluxe on October 14th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

@422 It looks like they already chosen not to bother.

+ cusetown313 on October 14th, 2012 at 9:43 pm said:

+ Sh0nuffThaMasta on October 15th, 2012 at 4:25 am said:

Mr. Haro i understand youre probably the announcer of what games are chosen. You may have input i dont know. I dont Mean to offend you. But im sure there are things out of your control, like what the other company decides to do. These people are ridiculous. Did they even realize that you thanked Atlus? That means something doesnt it? Like them approving it? I bet theyre not emailing the companies whining to them

+ AUG209 on October 15th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Bout time sony. Put better games out and stop over billing peoples credit cards smh.

+ Heatseeker125 on October 8th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

I really don’t want to take my money overseas for EU Plus, but I pretty much have to at this point. Too few top tier retail games being offered over here outside of the IGC from E3. Thanks anyway, SCEA.

+ ceedub2 on October 8th, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

So sick of all the old school fighting games. For the love of all thats holy its enough.

+ MarkakaJin on October 8th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

I hope there’s another discount event on the Persona psp games again. I would like to play one of them, especially the first one.

+ DeviantBoi on October 8th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

It’s a horrible update and you should feel bad about it.

+ swisstylez on October 8th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Since the Walking Dead back in August I haven’t seen one game worth playing, except for borderlands which I already had. what’s happen to plus? I don’t see nothing especial now days, the only reason I have it is because of the online storage. I would hold on to my membership with the faith of seeing if at least we get something nice for the vita.

+ szor2 on October 8th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

So, where is Red Dead Redemption and Deus Ex? Europe only?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 8th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

For now, yes. Important to note that they were never announced for any other regions aside from EU, but we’re aware of the discrepancy in the # of PS3 Full Games between the regions and are looking forward to seeing how we can make all Plus members feel great about their membership =)

+ mrk1976 on October 8th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

Hi Morgan, if I may get clarification on something…

The PS Plus for PS Vita poll includes the option “Free Games compatible with both PS Vita and PSP.” This makes it sound like content that will play on Vita and PSP systems.

However, you responded to ar052 in message #34 with:

“Because there are a ton of great PSP games that maybe folks didn’t play, but if they could get them as part of PS Plus on PS Vita, their gaming horizons might expand? I think it’s a fine, sensible option =)”

So I’m a little confused. Does “Free Games compatible with both PS Vita and PSP” mean:

A) Content playable on PSP and Vita systems

B) PSP legacy titles as PS Plus content for Vita systems?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 8th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

both A and B are kind of the same thing. Basically, I mean PSP Games which can also be played on PS Vita, but would also be part of an Instant Game Collection for Plus on PS Vita.

+ Hundredhandslap on October 8th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

I see what’s happening here, we got those 6 Genesis games free a while back and now they’re charging a buck each for the next batch.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 8th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

Yeah the last batch of Genesis games were released free in Plus a little over a year ago, but recall that they were the main marquee free content in a Plus program of which only had 2-3 free games available at a time. Progress!

+ LitheArt on October 8th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Like many said before me : Too many Fighting Games. These one on one fighting games are extremely Like or Hate- A poor choice really.

I really don’t like what I see since that “Instant game collection” marketing started.

+ killersancho47 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

this is awsome thanks, any news on Playstation Pulse? is it canceled?

+ Ikillshy1 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

Any info on if we’re ever gonna get Playstation Plus for our PS Vita?

+ toadlickerbr on October 8th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

How i can cancel Playstation Plus?

Oh I forgot this is not possible I’ve already paid this for ridiculous games free

+ TheHardyz on October 8th, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

NICE PS+ update

+ T-Cal on October 8th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

Damn, I brought this game three months ago…

+ SlashGashTerror1 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Must…..Have….More…Walking….Dead…..Morgan…. Ugh(Dies From Lack of MORE Walking Dead Awesomeness On Plus)

+ LanerGT on October 8th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

People (including myself) wouldn’t complain so much about the NA offerings if the EU releases weren’t head and shoulders above. The dearth of AAA titles on the American side is very disheartening.

+ Dcrazy204 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

i would like to see castle crasher and tmnt turtles in time reshelled make it free for psn plus user.Also i would like to see ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 alone with the dlc,tony hawk pro skater hd,joe danger 2,limbo be free for plus user.I think these games i just mention would be good if they become available free for xmas and new year.

+ jhernandez360 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

Please!!!!! Do Not put PSP games in the PS Vita Instant game collection!!!

+ jhernandez360 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

I wonder if the people putting this together even own a Vita?

+ poolmav45 on October 8th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

It’s a good/great update. Much more of an improvement over last weeks imo. Last weeks would have been OK if Blitz was any good. I mean it’s football season so it made sense.
But holy crap, I couldn’t believe how poor that game was handled and exacuted.

Also, I can’t help feeling what we need next week is a horror game for Halloween. I don’t care if it isn’t RE 5. That would be the coolest, but any game with a horror-type theme. You guys went all out last year during this time. RE 1-3, Burn Zombie Burn, Dead Nation, Plants vs. Zombies and Custom Quest. Some of those games were release for September but still around the time of Halloween.

Matter of fact, as long as it doesn’t affect the “Instant Game Collection” you might want to re-release some of these games for those who didn’t have plus last year. You would be a hero to many first time subscribers. But you should still give out some never been release for plus horror game.

Just some suggestions. Keep up the good work.

+ waldo-san on October 8th, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

Al fin algo bueno para nosotros los de PlayStation PLUS :D

+ waldo-san on October 8th, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

Finally something good for us PlayStation PLUS: D

+ portablebr on October 8th, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

ff3 will release the vita?

+ PrinceofXIII on October 8th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

yay FREE KOFXIII!!!!!!!

1$ for Revenge of Shinobi?? definitely getting it!!!!!!

+ pers1m0ny on October 8th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

The ps vita poll should have another option: “I don’t care about Vita content”. This poll seems to make the assumption that everyone wants Vita stuff. Either that or you don’t care to ask the opinion of those of us who don’t.

About the content in this update its really ‘meh’. Nothing there for me.

Oh well… back to playing NFL Blitz and Borderlands. Here’s hoping we’ll get at least one game the quality of borderlands this month.

NFL Blitz is ok for a little while but I’m not a big fan of Sports games.

As to ‘Fighter king 23.5’ if its anything like Double Neon, I have absolutely no interest in it. So this week’s update is a dud for me.

+ Bcrazyman on October 8th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

oh my cant wait for the ps+ games for vita!
also what else is coming for ps+ this week?
any discounts games any more free games?
need to know also is there gonnna be price drop on the vita? need to know thanks!
morgon,any one at playstation need to know ok thanks!
also need to know about the games for the vita ok before i buy it ok thanks!
also will they full games please need to know ok thanks!

+ manzoor47 on October 8th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

wow that is a nice PS update. Even though i am busy playing RE6 atm; i am still going to to play King of Fighters XIII.

Proud PS+ users!