PlayStation Vue

Oct 08

PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update: King of Fighters XIII Free For Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 08, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Once again, we’re here to brighten your Monday with the weekly update on incoming Plus content this week. So far in October, NFL Blitz joined the Instant Game Collection and Plus members received some discounts on Alex Kidd and Spelunker. This week, please join us in thanking our friends at Atlus for delivering the legendary King of Fighters XIII, free for Plus members! These updates will take effect with the October 9th (that’s tomorrow!) PlayStation Store update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 9th PlayStation Plus Update

King of Fighters XIII

Free for PlayStation Plus Members
Select Add-Ons (An additional 30% off the PSN Sale Price)

King of Fighters XIII captured the attention of the fighting game community at this year’s amazingly salty EVO 2012 fighting game tournament. That said, we’re happy to get this deep fighter in to the hands of Plus members everywhere! With tons of play modes, a refined, faster paced engine, over 30 beautifully rendered and animated characters, all with great online play; this is one fighter you won’t want to miss. You’ll also find select Add-ons, including extra characters Mr. Karate, on sale for 30% off the PSN sale price, which is 50% off the regular store price. If you want to see how crazy the game can get, check out the final match in this year’s tournament. Epic stuff.

The Revenge of Shinobi

80% Discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

SEGA’s got more gaming to deliver this week with The Revenge of Shinobi available to Plus members for just $1. The Genesis original holds up with the gameplay and music you remember (as well as the crazy difficulty). With save anywhere capabilities, Trophy support, and graphical touch ups for an HD close-up, it’s an accessible classic that everyone should play.

Derrick the Deathfin (New PSN Release)

30% Discount (Regular Price: $7.99, PS Plus Price: $5.59)

You may have seen the PlayStation.Blog post revealing this PSN exclusive, and Plus members will be able to jump on a release week discount for this unique underwater papercraft action game (yes, that’s accurate). Packing an amazing artistic design, 32 handcrafted levels, and diverse gameplay, it’s a steal at just over $5.

Finally, we’ve got another poll for you. This time, we’re curious to know what you would be most interested to see in PS Plus on PS Vita. The service is scheduled to arrive this November, and we’ll have more concrete information as we lead up to launch. And remember, it’s all one Plus subscription whether you get Plus now, or later. Don’t forget to also rank this post in the upper right corner too; we use all that data.

What type of benefits would you place as most important for PS Plus for PS Vita?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update, and come back next week when we’ll have more great Plus news to share (including another free game for October 16th). See you in the comments, where I’m sure you’ll let us know what you think!

PlayStation Plus Update 10-9-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 7 8 9

+ StaSik-K on October 9th, 2012 at 3:33 am said:

Hey Morgan, why cant you make a poll each week to see which we would like to see free next?

+ Rootboi_Root on October 9th, 2012 at 3:36 am said:

@Diablos2525 How about you think before you say something, before start attacking and disrespecting people. I was talking about Value for Money.. but even if we talk about quality, I was comparing AAA titles with PSN games, of course the AAA games will be the bigger more polished experienced…. and if you compare their ratings, you get the same results. I would tell you to use YOUR brain, but i’m afraid you need one first before you can do that. (and i didn’t like the games you named at all, deleted all 3 after playing them for the first time)

@Ross_on_PS Nicely shown! Makes the difference in quality and value of the games we get compared to them even clearer. Good job!

+ Soulhunter180 on October 9th, 2012 at 3:53 am said:

rayman origins free for vita please? is it too much to ask?
and i would really like some ps1 gaming collection like resident evil1,2,3 . sillent hill, crash series to be provided in the vita update.

+ ATFrez on October 9th, 2012 at 4:46 am said:

So are we ever getting free PS One Classics back or do we just lose out on that feature?

+ JeffsonP_US on October 9th, 2012 at 4:54 am said:

Unlike many, I think we should get PSP games for the PS+ on PS Vita. Because there are tons PSP games worth playing. About half of the games on my PS Vita are PSP games, and they look great on that screen. I really hope to see some free PSP titles next month.

+ aelurio1980 on October 9th, 2012 at 5:29 am said:

Just wanted to know what will be on the psn+ vita? There monthly amount of games and minis?

+ aelurio1980 on October 9th, 2012 at 5:31 am said:

Just wanted to know what will be on the psn vita. There monthly amount of games and minis?

Sorry for the double post. =)

+ Sh0nuffThaMasta on October 9th, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

Freeloaders these days… If you want a game, buy it. Im happy to take anything they’re willing to give.

Remember, they dont have to.

+ GrimlockFan64 on October 9th, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

Dude, KOFXIII!?!? I was a bit bummed about NFL Blitz last week, as I’m not into sports games, but THIS! This is right up my alley! Thank you, Playstation Plus! :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 9th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Glad you’re excited!

+ Thiagots85 on October 9th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

well… I guess Sony want me to beat some noobs…. that are more noobs then me, ’cause I don’t know how to play fight games, but I know how to trash talk

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 6:27 am said:

Can Sony please give the consumers what they want full retail game And I hope this pole for Vita games being the consumer’s choice doesn’t go overseen ;-/

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 9th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

KoFXIII is a PS3 Full Game, aka a retail title

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 6:36 am said:

NFL blitz is horrible. not only is the roster not up to date but you can’t update it. the online let’s not talk about! You already given us with this weeks update three side scores.
how about a third person action adventure game
How about a first person shooter
How about horror game
How about a racing game
Kind of sounds like everything they’re getting for PlayStation plus in Europe

+ YungShep on October 9th, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

+ Ross_on_PS great stat sheet!

all most of us is trying to do is drive better results. if we didnt have the IGC we wouldnt have nothing to complain about.

lol @ + USCCM yea, i was excited, but as you see my interest level went from 10 to 1 once i found out about Darksiders. i bought Darksiders to get ready for Darksiders 2, granted it was 20 bucks..but that’s 20 dollars i’d like to have back..

Again at this point, most of you are looking for answers, and they’ve already decided it’s not in the best interest to answer the questions that dont attack Morgan. clearly proven by the answer he gave + Sevyne “agree to disagree” really Morgan?

IM OPEN FOR CHANGE. i would love to work for the blog, i’d reply back to everyone, even the ones that disagree.

Morgan you should see how Brittany did it last week with the Ragnarok Odyssey post..over 70 replies.

+ sstfamily on October 9th, 2012 at 6:47 am said:

Another month of no releases I care about, Im done with plus not sinking anymore money into it at this point.

+ YungShep on October 9th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

i wonder what your basing your results on with ps + IGC is this being based on # of people who download the free games or ACTUALLY play the free games.

i can honestly say, i’ve downloaded every free game ever offered, except the free Minis, but i’ve only played 10% of those games.

Rachet and Clank :All 4 One
Warhammer 40k
Sideway:New York

downloaded every free game, but as you can see, these the only 3 i really spend time with.

+ Yohmaru_EX on October 9th, 2012 at 7:24 am said:

+ Yorudey on October 9th, 2012 at 7:39 am said:

Great update for Plus!
I’m looking forward to the update

+ dh4645 on October 9th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

as it relates to the poll, free games AND discounts on other things…just like it works on the ps3.

as for KOF 13, I’ll probably just add to my cart & start download, but then cancel download. not really catching my interest at the moment.

just so it’s still free for me in the future if i ever decide to try it out….as long as i keep my ps+ going of course.

+ MatheusRuggeri on October 9th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

Eur: Red Dead, Resident Evil 5 Gold, Dead Space…

Since last month I don’t have PSN+, because they give us only little games, ok, next month I will buy it again, but no again, they give one worst game.
Have a lot of comments asking for Red Dead, and Haro comments “I think you’ll be pleased with next week’s announcement.”. What I think: “good, next week they will give us Red Dead, they give us back $ 20 if we spend $ 100, ok, PSN+ (1 year) + All RDR Dlcs + some games = $ 100”.
But, again, no.

Really, why PSN Eur is too better?

+ erichoya on October 9th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

This list Ross posted earlier pretty much sums up why I’m bummed about the current discrepancy between Europe and US PS+ memberships. Don’t get me wrong, I love the free games and still think Plus is a great deal, but I’d like the same ones Europe’s getting as they appear to offer more value.

Quoted from Ross’ earlier post:

As of today…
Exclusive complimentary games by region since June:
Type Rating Game
PSN 82 Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
PSN 78 Chime Super Deluxe
Type Rating Game
Retail 77 King of Fighters XIII
Retail 70 Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
PSN 91 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
PSN 84 The Walking Dead (Ep. 1 & 2)
PSN 80 NFL Blitz
PSN 76 Hard Corps: Uprising
PSN 72 Gotham City Imposters
PSN 73 Sideway: New York
PSN 71 Choplifter HD
PSN 69 Bloodrayne Betrayal
PSN 67 Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

+ Meccs on October 9th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Well that’s disappointing.

Question: If I cancel my plus membership, can I still buy and play The Walking Dead episodes 3-5 or do I need plus for that?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 9th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

At this time, you would need to purchase at least Episode 1 to continue to playing the series. Since the way the game is set up, Episode 1 is the main game, and the rest are Add-ons. So since you wouldn’t have access to the first game if you got it free in Plus and your membership lapsed, you would not be able to access Ep 3 – 5.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

@ Mecca
Yes you can ;-)

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

@ meccs
If you buy it even if it’s at a discount it is still yours. you only don’t got to keep the games that are free

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

I totally agree with that list !! we need the top-tier games on that list

+ saskamazon on October 9th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I voted for discounts on Vita games …. that way it provides lasting benefit. there is DLC that I would like to get, but would prefer a discount ….. & discounts on things like Virtua Tennis & the like, would be great …. free games are always a bonus, but I like picking what I want to play, so thought discounts would be the better option, but I see more members want the free games, either way, I’m looking fwd, to next month when +perks apply to the Vita ….

I’m excited to get the Sunflower game for the Vita – looks like a fun little pick up & play ….

I think we will hear news of something Halloween themed later in the month – all hope is not lost. I hope for the pumpkin costume for LBP – or a costume pack to dress up your sack person for the ghouls & goblins season.

thrilled to get ep. 4 of WD …. fun fun.

+ wilmarvilla on October 9th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Everybody complains about the games we received here, and the EU users complains about their games, i think this is gonig to be like that forever, cause are not the same games in the two regions.
My personal opinion is i love the games we recived here, i dont like bullestorm i already have resident 5, so its perfect, THANK YOU MORGAN for this free games, keep the amazing job! and i hope the next game of the next thuesday will be much better :D

+ YungShep on October 9th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

@318 I’ve seen the complaints from EU fans, they want more PSN titles…i’d be more then happy to give them our PSN games for their retail games.. ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

+ Sugar-J- on October 9th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

You’ve got to be kidding me. I just bought KOF!

PAGE 1 7 8 9