Far Cry 4

Pick Up Total Recall on Blu-ray, Get the God of War: Ascension Single-Player Demo

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Oct 09, 2012 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Like God of War

Hello God of War fans! Sony Santa Monica is very excited to be teaming up with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to get you some exclusive hands-on time with God of War: Ascension on December 18th. For a limited time, when you purchase the Director’s Cut Total Recall Blu-ray and Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack you will receive the E3 2012 God of War: Ascension Single Player demo.

Both Blu-rays feature the Extended Directors Cut, which includes 20 minutes of new footage not shown in theaters, including an alternate ending and over 1.5 hours of special features and Blu-ray exclusive content. The God of War: Ascension Single Player demo is available with this special offer on the Blu-ray hybrid disc.

The demo includes the new gameplay mechanics and combat systems we showed off earlier this summer, so you can get a taste all of the brutal action before the game launches next March.

Total Recall Blu-ray

Sharpen your blades and stay tuned for more exciting updates on God of War: Ascension!

43 Comments

+ YungShep on October 9th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

curious…does it take us further past the huge boss battle. or does it tease and end right there..

+ BlindsideDork on October 9th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

@1 YungShep

I am sure it doesn’t take you past it, it is a demo and a lot of times these demos are old builds from old events like E3.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Sony I guess I’m picking up total recall you got me :-) lol

+ KillerKlown657 on October 9th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

God Of War is awesome i got to get this now plus the movie is kool

+ helbertpina on October 9th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

OK, I love my PS3 and (almost) all things related, but… God of War demo on Total Recall Bluray? What… just… happened? Give it to us, loyal Plus subscribers!!! :(

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

I have a question about total recall is there a 3-D and and if there is will the 3-D version come with god of war ascension

+ TSoul19 on October 9th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

The Demo will stop at the end of the boss like at E3. I got to play the Demo and the Multiplayer at the GameStop Expo in Aug.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 9th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

I have a question about total recall is there a 3-D version and if there is will the 3-D version come with god of war ascension

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on October 9th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

The demo is the exact one we’ve brought to E3 and was playable at PAX, Gamescom, and the Eurogamer Expo. It doesn’t take you past the “boss” (which we’re not saying what that is yet), but it is a vastly improved and polished experience based on what you’ve seen in past videos.

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on October 9th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

This demo SHOULD also be available to all PS+ subscribers as well. Non PS+ users have to buy a mediocre Blu-ray to play it, fine whatever that’s cool, but it should be a perk of paying for PS+

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on October 9th, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

This is just the beginning of a series of updates we have incoming SLEEPLESS_Knight, we have no intention of leaving Playstation+ subscribers out of the Pantheon of greatness, in fact, quite the contrary.

Case in point, our God of War: Ascension Beta which will be available exclusively first to PlayStation Plus subscribers. That’s a value that extends well well beyond this particular single-player demo.

Cheers
@Just_Tank

Sony Santa Monica Community Strategist

+ somebignasty on October 9th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

So we buy the God of War demo and get Total Recall for free? Cool.

+ VincentVendetta on October 9th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

No Paul Verhoeven, no buy.

+ DeadKillersRevng on October 9th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

That GOW sticker is barely visible; they need to make it bigger and maybe also add some quotes about the demo.

+ tdlypsdoff on October 9th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

This demo should be a PS+ perk. And I’m not saying a week before the movie is released, this should happen in the next 30 days or so. Early access to demos and betas should be a bigger part of PS+ IMO.

Also the quote on the movie should read “Smart, Sexy and Straight to Video.” lol

+ IrishDude2 on October 9th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Does EU get this?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on October 9th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

This particular promotion is specific to buying the Total Recall Blu-Ray, which comes with the God of War: Ascension E3 Single-Player demo.

You don’t buy a demo and get a blu-ray free =)

+ sdmf4ever on October 9th, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

THE ONLY way this movie will even sell….lmao!!!!

+ KAPADO on October 9th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

I am being con-ed … luckily I do want to watch that remake.

+ vinardus on October 9th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

The movie is so bad that it shold be “Buy God of War: Ascension Demo and get Total Recall for free”

+ D-Squad3 on October 9th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

lol Oh man, this is a touch decision, the beta will launch before this releases anyway so I’ll have to think about it.

+ GhostMachine1 on October 9th, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

I’ve wanted to watch this remake anyway. I’m in!

+ Ghost-of-SpartaX on October 9th, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

so this is like the battle of Los Angeles deal

+ goodguy_reuben on October 9th, 2012 at 6:31 pm said:

Nice!
I’ll definitely be picking this up.
Thanks for the heads up Anthony.

+ SpooNManX on October 9th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

I have no problem with demos included with mediocre movies, but you better NOT ignore the PSN Plus members on this one!

+ SpooNManX on October 9th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

“Smart, Sexy, and Action Packed” -Access Hollywood …

It’s one of those!

+ Kchow23 on October 9th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Hmm… hoping that there will be different ways to get the demo like the God of War 3 demo that was initially packed in with District 9. Would be a nice PS Plus incentive ;)

+ proud2be on October 9th, 2012 at 7:55 pm said:

Is this the ONLY way to play the e3 demo or will it be released soon after for everyone? Because i dont even like this movie, so i dont want to buy just to play the demo.so if it is released to everyone that would be very nice, iam also looking forward to the multiplayer beta.

+ GRIM__REAFER on October 9th, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

WOOOOOWW!!

People are going to actually buy the movie JUST FOR he demo Meaning they’re planning on buying the demo.
Heard the movie didn’t even take in anything near the amount of money it took to make it. That;ll help with sales I guess. Good luck

+ camiwaits_us on October 9th, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

I don’t mind cross-promotion, but what the heck does Total Recall have to do with God of War?

+ swissmr on October 9th, 2012 at 10:57 pm said:

I think I’ll buy it….althoug when i saw it in the theatre I thought Colin Farrell was not very good. they should have cast another lead.

+ Kchow23 on October 10th, 2012 at 2:32 am said:

I think that bundling it with Spiderman might’ve been more appropriate also that it would’ve been a good movie.

+ llDeath_489 on October 10th, 2012 at 4:50 am said:

why don’t you make a game in your website and let us play it to get this demo just like heavy rain , it’s much better then paying for a demo -.- ….

i really hate this >.< , demos made to test the game not to get money ..

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 10th, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

Will the GOW demo also be available to PS+ subscribers, so we don’t have to buy this terrible movie?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 10th, 2012 at 6:27 am said:

im not going to buy a movie just to play a demo of a game thats going to be GOTY..i will RENT the movie and WAIT for the demo to be on PSN..besides i will be too bizzy playing AC3 and PSASBR. I already got this game pre-ordered..so Im just looking forward to the reveal of the 8″ statue :/

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on October 10th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

As good as the new GoW will be, it will NOT win GOTY in the same year that The Last of Us and Beyond are released. Either way it’s a win, win, win scenario for PS3 owners :)

+ OahuGrown on October 10th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

OK. So in order for me to play the demo, I need to buy the movie? All right. I better not see the demo hit PSN next week. I’d be like…WWWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF SONY!

+ tusunami on October 10th, 2012 at 4:12 pm said:

Just wondering how come Ps Plus members don’t get exclusive demo’s anymore.I thought that was 1 of the perks for being a Plus member & all.

+ QueenB82 on October 10th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Hmmm……uh, nah I don’t think I can do that, lol. If I actually felt the Total Recall remake was worth watching, then maybe. But somehow I just can’t see that being the case. XD

I just wait for whenever it gets on to PSN, thanks.

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 10th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

If only I hadn’t already seen it in Theaters… Well, I was actually really tired and fell asleep a ton of times while in the theater… I guess this Blue-ray promo might be my last chance for redemption! Hehe! :P (Y’all got me with the God of War Demo… I only wish I could get the Movie and Demo Combo on PSN. -_-)

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 10th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

What is the exact difference from the $35 Dollar 3 Disk Blue-ray/DVD combo hybrid from the $20 2 Disk Blue-ray?? O_o

+ ropaul on October 10th, 2012 at 10:32 pm said:

i was ganna buy the movie anywho so this is a bonus for me :)

+ JnF_Gho5t on October 14th, 2012 at 8:42 pm said: