PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

God of War: Ascension Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Details

Todd Papy's Avatar + Posted by Todd Papy on Oct 11, 2012 // Game Director, God of War: Ascension

Like God of War

God of War fans — a ton of you have already pre-ordered God of War: Ascension, and those of you that haven’t are probably waiting to see just exactly what’s included in that Mythological Heroes Pack you get for pre-ordering. Or maybe you’re stuck deciding between the standard edition or the Collector’s Edition? Either way, feast your eyes on the Collector’s Edition content below, all of which you get for $79.99.

GOWA_CE_Beauty_Shot

And if you pre-order either the Collector’s Edition or the Standard Edition today, you’ll receive the incredibly badass Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack below, so you can play as your favorite Greek hero in Multiplayer!

God of War: Ascension on PS3

We just wanted to share that little tidbit for you to tide you over until next week. Hopefully it helps you make your decision on God of War: Ascension, so head over to pre-order here. We’ve got something big coming on October 15th, so be sure to come back and check the PlayStation Blog Monday afternoon and see what it is.

79 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ tusunami on October 11th, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

So Oct.15 is the big day aye,sounds like the the Beta for Ps Plus members.Nice i’ve already pre-ordered in the summer yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ arrownoir on October 11th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

disappointed, I was hoping for the Bronze one

it would look majestic and fit the tone of the trailers/wallpapers/Boxart better

A real Shame

+ DaNTi3L on October 11th, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

i need to pre-order this edition

+ Wozman23 on October 11th, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

This will be the 2nd CE I’ve ever purchased – the first being the also moderately priced LittleBigPlanet 2. The vast majority of CEs seem like a ripoff, containing all kinds of stuff I don’t want. DLC vouchers and a little bit of physical merch for and extra twenty is a happy medium, although I’d be willing to spend more for a nice art book.

+ samu_jau on October 11th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

como eu faço para comprar esse pacote irado!!!!!

+ rera121989 on October 11th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

This bundle looks awesome.. can’t wait for it

+ snakeeyes211 on October 11th, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

I got God of war 3 limited edition. comes with Pandora’s box and art book and with this one I’ll be set.
can’t come soon enough

Todd Papy's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on October 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

Hey folks, a few answers to some common questions here:

- the Collectors Edition will be available in Europe

- the Mythological Heroes pack will be downloadable on Day 1 if you pre-order.

- if you pre-order the Collectors Edition, you will receive the Mythological Heroes pack from retailers supporting this promotion such as Gamestop, whom we recommend.

- we have not announced our future DLC for God of War: Ascension yet, but we will prior to launch. Don’t let that hold you back, the whole package is bad-ass and then some. You’ll be getting a top-notch deal.

- if you do not pre-order, the Mythological Heroes pack will remain exclusive to pre-order/CE folks for a period of time. This per retail promotions as is the case with any pre-order promotion. At some point, they will likely be made paid DLC. If you want FREE DLC content, pre-order now, or before launch =)

We’re here to make the greatest Collectors Edition we can for you, for the hardcore fans, we hope you enjoy it.

The pre-order DLC with the Mythological Heroes is not to be missed!

Cheers,
@Just_Tank

+ DeadKillersRevng on October 11th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

^ I guess that means that, once again, Latin America is missing all that stuff…

Todd Papy's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on October 11th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Hey DeadKillersRevng,

Our Latin America region will be creating their own version and program, however, between North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, we are often faced with retail and marketing challenges that vary wildly per region for all sorts of reasons. We always strive to serve our fans on a Global scale and will continue to do so. Stay tuned, you’re not left out.

Cheers
@JustTank

+ Dragonsmana on October 11th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

Awesome stuff! Definitely pre-ordering the Collector’s Edition! Any chance the Phantom of Chaos God of War 3 skin will be put up on the store as this draws closer to release? Its the only skin I’m missing lol.

+ JnF_Gho5t on October 11th, 2012 at 7:18 pm said:

Day one purchase! Can’t wait

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 11th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

GOW III (CE) was my 1st PSN Platinum Trophy!! Ever since, all GOW games have been a must have for me. I’m still having Ghost of Sparta fun on my PSVita!! I already Pre-Ordered and fully paid for my Ascension Collectors Edition. Launch date seems so far away…

+ Enigma777 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

I was really bummed out with the CE of GOW3 (first and last time I’ve bought a collector’s edition) so I think I’m going to stick to the regular edition for this one.

+ Zhi13 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:48 pm said:

Already Pre Ordered the Collector’s Edition! Cant wait!

+ Kitsune83 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

Who is making the statue, I need to know this.

+ MOPARFUL99 on October 11th, 2012 at 9:18 pm said:

Sony if monday’s announcement is that you are making this a cross platform title on the Vita I will squeal like a girl, jump around and hyperventilate, then pass out into a mass on the floor.. After I awake from said slumber I will proceed to pre-order this game with the quickness! Pleas make it so Sony, make it so….

+ proud2be on October 11th, 2012 at 9:54 pm said:

I pre-ordered mines day 1 of announcement and i cannot wait to finally pick it up during the week of my b-day, im also looking forward to seeing what the avatars and dynamic theme will look like. i wish the soundtrack was on disc but i guess its no big deal. I will check back again on the 15th, good looking out papy!

+ PrinceofXIII on October 11th, 2012 at 11:59 pm said:

ehh not really impress :\

+ ibraman90 on October 12th, 2012 at 1:10 am said:

Cant wait

+ hendfarid on October 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Pre-order for sure

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on October 12th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Now this is what I’m talking about! A statue, steelbook case, soundtrack, extra mp stuff, DLC, dynamic theme & avatar pack all for $80?! Sony’s 1st party exclusives have very reasonable prices for the collectors editions unlike Micro$haft’s. Halo 3 (helmet edition) $150, Halo Reach (with statue) $150, Gears of War 3 (with statue) $150.

I feel violated and kinda dumb in hindsight for forking over the dough for those games :(

Oh well, live and learn I guess right? Who wouldn’t pick this up for only $20 more than the standard edition? Awesome!

+ theultimatenub on October 12th, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

Just preordered today and I think this collector’s edition is great but I kinda wish the game had the regular box with the same box art because Im just not too into the steelbook case

+ ASJayekody on October 13th, 2012 at 5:45 am said:

I want to get this but I live in SRI LANKA….I checked AMAZON and EBGAMES but neither one ships to SRI LANKA…I really wanna pre order this.. is there anyway I can get this from an official SONY outlet/store/retail………@SONYPEOPLE plz HELP =(

+ ASJayekody on October 13th, 2012 at 5:53 am said:

When will the FREE DEMO be available on the PSN store??….I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

+ CraverShot15 on October 13th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Hell ya God Of War is back with a BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Poopookakabumbum on October 13th, 2012 at 11:51 pm said:

Oh boy! Tacked on multiplayer to sell DLC skins and map packs!

Sure will make a better game!

+ DragonIrons on October 18th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

@ #2 AndreB:

“Will pre-order only when available on PSN. I am not buying anything unless digital…”

That’s kinda stupid….. downloaded content can be lost… it takes longer to download and install….. did I mention it could be lost? Or one day the server for whatever game company might not be up anymore and you can’t download it again if you need to. Physical copies are permanent, if you dont’ suck at taking care of things (not to mention don’t install as much so they dont’ take up as much room).

+ DragonIrons on October 18th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

gah I cant’ edit posts……. well as for this …. I’m definitely getting this. One of the few times I get more then the normal version (usually used).

PAGE 1 2