PS4-Infamous

New PlayStation Store Coming October 23rd

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 11, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

New PlayStation Store

Content not final and subject to change.

Today we began previewing a completely redesigned PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3. We’ve listened closely to your feedback and used it to build a brand new PlayStation Store. With a stunning new user interface, simple search and powerful content discovery, it’s an in-store experience that’s more streamlined and accessible than ever before.

PlayStation Store now offers more than 20,000 pieces of game-related content including downloadable games, add-ons and themes and more than 100,000 videos and TV shows. With so much to choose from, the redesign offers easier navigation to locate the perfect game, video or application. Product pages will deliver in-depth information about games and videos, while providing an amazing high definition visual experience found only on PS3.

New PlayStation StoreNew PlayStation Store

Take a look at what to expect when the all new PlayStation Store rolls out in the US on October 23rd, and keep checking back for more information.

+ dlhdav7 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

movies don’t go into download list . like 149 just stated back your stuff up ! get a external hd ! or flash drive ! or your pc would work ! it’s not playstation s problem to figure that out for you !

+ Gooddaysfall on October 11th, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

If the improved Download List ever happens & gets Search & Fliters options Plz Don’t Not Make It PS+ Users Only!

+ AriesWarlock on October 11th, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

@Morgan Haro

Thanks for replying.

+ MythicRastaman on October 11th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

How about updating Party Chat on the PS3 i,m sure every one will love that.

+ Gooddaysfall on October 11th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

@ MythicRastaman

Sony Confirmed that PS3 can’t have Party Chat aka Cross-game Chat cause there is only 256 RAM. PS Vita can do it cause it has 512 RAM.

+ tapantaola on October 11th, 2012 at 3:14 pm said:

Give us an option to delete useless demos from our download list and I’ll be a happy camper!

+ Gooddaysfall on October 11th, 2012 at 3:14 pm said:

@ tapantaola

I agree to that man.

+ Astroking112 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Maybe with this new update, some of the old stuff that was removed from the store could be brought back? I don’t care about the servers for Lord of the Rings: Conquest, but the DLC for it looks awesome. Unfortunately apparently EA/Pandemic won’t take my money…

+ dlhdav7 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

i have something to cry about ! i have to clean 6 paint rollers ! now that realy sucks ! lol !

+ Gooddaysfall on October 11th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

@ Astroking112

See thats something right there that has Expired from the PS Store but if you bought it already you can find it in your long Download List.

+ DoTheKiller91 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

Thats sweet. thanks SONY!

+ tusunami on October 11th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

This is unexpected can’t wait to see what this will be like.As long as it helps the store & it improve s the experience.I’m all for it.

+ zebarcelosBR on October 11th, 2012 at 3:28 pm said:

There is no need in changing the price of RE, I am sure nobody will complain about that!

+ theeze0504 on October 11th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

Will this new store be integrated with every other feature on psn? (Being able to message and access friends list) Or will it continue to be a separate application like it is now..?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 11th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

it has to remain a separate application

+ Zoidzerg on October 11th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

@133

Exactly. Even people I know who only own the XBOX lament that it is not as good of a store front as Playstation and wish it was more like it.

Will wait and see but those screen shots basically say, ‘very pretty, pain in the ass to find what you really want or navigate.’ Guess we will see it in action soon; you never know.

+ TwinDad on October 11th, 2012 at 3:38 pm said:

@Gooddaysfall & @tapantaola

Only one small flaw with removing demos. At least several PSN games are demo download and an unlock key. If they remove the demo from your list you would only get half of the game, well actually, none of the game.

@Blog

I would not mind RE 5 on Plus. I haven’t played the game yet and have not been able to justify $20 for it.

+ echogridlock on October 11th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

If i could change one thing about the store. It would be to add a “my games” page where you can redownload all your purchases and buy game related content. Example… i just bought Mass Effect 3: if i were to click on my games, a list of videos/add-ons would appear with purchases/downloads available. I would also add a space for game news/updates. maybe some info about the developer and other games the developer has published.

+ DaNTi3L on October 11th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

i like the new look

+ SkinTicket- on October 11th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Update the “comment ” please! (: we can only write so much :\

+ NovaChronicle on October 11th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

Gotta say, this new ui for ps store looks good, but gotta try it to really have anything to say about it.

+ A-Dagon on October 11th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

It looks good. kinda like windows 8 metro apps. Is there any plans to add screenshot to all games? I know that researching the game before you buy it is more preferred now, but I like the screenshots that are sometimes provided.

+ arrownoir on October 11th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

I’ve only one question

what about the Download list, has it been fixed

It’s easily the biggest problem (My only problem with the PS Store)

It’s incredibly frustrating to navigate through

+ usaofamerica on October 11th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

Nice, there will be movie trailers ? i havent seen on actual ps store.

+ arrownoir on October 11th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

…Also for the DL list, we should be able to download more than 1 thing at a time

+ RBRTZX on October 11th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

Looks like Windows 8.

+ DeathGazer on October 11th, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

Just a pointless cosmetic makeover. If you’re not going to fix the biggest issues, why even bother?

+ rera121989 on October 11th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Always like when there is a new user-interface from any website or app. This should be good … expect to receive feedback :)

+ KGH on October 11th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

What the? There’s nothing wrong with the current layout

+ carbuck on October 11th, 2012 at 4:36 pm said:

Integrate Crackle, or something, while you’re at it. It’s just taking up space on someones web server, since its mostly unusable in its current state.

+ xBewared-Death-X on October 11th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

This look so sick! Can’t wait to get my eyes on the new and improved store. This is just what playstation needs. Improvement.

+ Hayterfan on October 11th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

@gooddaysfall
I didnt know that when I got them, I just thought “Cool I could buy them now instead of waiting a year or so for the Bluray”
I do now know to back up everything from the video section of the store though

+ androx11 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

To be honest, it doesn’t look that good. I may be alone in this, but I absolutely love the PSN Store the way it is now, I’ve never had any trouble finding what I want. Hopefully this new design won’t disappoint.

Also, I would like to voice my opinion and mention that the Vita’s PSN Store is great the way it is. If anything, the videos (game section) could be better organized, but all in all it works great.

+ etmorgs42 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

Does update include performance improvements? I’ve always had issues with Playstation Store items downloading much slower than anything else on my home network.

+ xBuTcHeRx on October 11th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

If this store is HTML5
1. PS STORE updates should NOT take long, as in I don’t have to wait the afternoon to get content every Tuesday, I can instead get it in the morning/mid-morning/midnight!

2. PS store over the PC should b possible.

3. Give us a damn filter for our DOWNLOADS list! I don’t want to go to an endless list of stuff I’ve bought since ’08!

THANK YOU!!!

+ StackedPancakes on October 11th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

The only things I wanted changed was the annoying sounds from the PS store. A redesign wasn’t needed, but it’s welcomed.

+ DaGimp13 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

@Morgan Haro

Hate to correct you a 2nd time bud, but I’m thinking these screenshots are from North America…look closely at the 3rd pic, it shows the RE5 free for PS Plus, which would make sense considering RE6 comes out a week later approximately…but aside from that, it shows NFL Madden 13, which is only played in North America (minus soldiers overseas!), as the rest of the world plays a different “Football” that we can “Soccer”…I honestly doubt Sony will go through the trouble of creating fake screenshots too, let alone then pass them from region to region…if that were the case, EU pics would have shown the yen lol…it’s nowhere near April Fool’s Day, dude. nice try.

+ Yohmaru_EX on October 11th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

My god!!! Resident Evil 5 for free???? Take this euro guys!!

+ Hayterfan on October 11th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Also this is something id just like to see done, if it is possible at all. Digital rentals. The trial is ok for some games (quick action games) but for something like Record of Argast War or any RPG on the store makes me think there should be some kind of rental service, like pay $5 or $6 get the game for a few days, then when the rental is up a menu will pop up asking if we would like to purchase the game at a discounted price (essentially take off $5 from the full price)

+ Train1999 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

This is very long over due. Looking forward to a Playstation Store Makeover. Been with Sony since 1995. Gotta chance somethings at time. I’m looking forward to this new Playstation Store. I hope it’s easier.

+ Anthany0398 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

Hey Sony!, Great Redesign it needed to be changed to add some interest and just wodering if a redesign on the XMB is possible or are you guys waiting for the PS4?

Thanks

Anthany0398

+ ScarReaper83 on October 11th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

EU ALWAYS gets better free ps3 games than the US whats up with that? why hasnt the US gotten motorstorm apocalypse

+ ThaRossatron on October 11th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

Love the new design!!

+ Sneeches on October 11th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

looks amazing!!! Keep up the good work guys :)

+ Darth-Krayt on October 11th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

People……these images from the new PS Store were debuted in Europe this morning. They are the same exact images, just with the “pounds” sign replaced with the “dollars” sign. That’s why RE5 is shown there, because RE5 is a EU Plus title. Now granted, it’s a pretty damn lazy photoshop though. If they had to do the photoshop editing anyway to add the dollar sign for the US blog, why didn’t they just go all the way and put in an image of a Plus game that’s actually offered in the US? But no one ever accused SCEA of having the best marketing department employees making decisions.

I wish they’d hire me for something. I’m unemployed, a loyalist, and I’d at least TRY. lol

+ boney332 on October 11th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

Question, Does it have more demo’s and games to search for?

+ General_Keenaye on October 11th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

PS Move compatible???

+ mf_ghost_414 on October 11th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

Well…cool? I’d be more happy with a few more color choices for our trophy cards & the ability to change our IDs (finally) – even if it comes at a cost. Along with a couple things others have mentioned.

+ Tech_IX on October 11th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

To everyone commenting on the Free RE5 Gold Edition US ps+ didn’t get it and probably won’t. US ps+ got some fighting game that most people don’t care about while EU ps+ got RE 5 Gold Edition and Bulletstorm free. Why is EU getting more and better full ps3 games? Seems like the EU blog has better people working on there too. They reply to topics even if its not praising sony while on here they only reply to, ps+ is great I love it! I’ll never get ps+ until its fairer or until one side isn’t getting screwed. You can say what you want but look at EU’s free games compared to US’s free games and see which side is better.

+ Tech_IX on October 11th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

Oh yeah the new layout looks like the xbox lol but it looks better than what ps3 currently has.

+ NotoriousGamer on October 11th, 2012 at 7:02 pm said:

In the download list please have the feature to—- remove or delete —–old content like demos, dlc, etc!

Thanks

no excuse not to bring this feature if u can upgrade 6 yr old ps3 psn store and not upgrade the brand new ps vita store lol