PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

New PlayStation Store Coming October 23rd

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 11, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

New PlayStation Store

Content not final and subject to change.

Today we began previewing a completely redesigned PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3. We’ve listened closely to your feedback and used it to build a brand new PlayStation Store. With a stunning new user interface, simple search and powerful content discovery, it’s an in-store experience that’s more streamlined and accessible than ever before.

PlayStation Store now offers more than 20,000 pieces of game-related content including downloadable games, add-ons and themes and more than 100,000 videos and TV shows. With so much to choose from, the redesign offers easier navigation to locate the perfect game, video or application. Product pages will deliver in-depth information about games and videos, while providing an amazing high definition visual experience found only on PS3.

New PlayStation StoreNew PlayStation Store

Take a look at what to expect when the all new PlayStation Store rolls out in the US on October 23rd, and keep checking back for more information.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ smushums on October 11th, 2012 at 7:33 pm said:

The new layout looks great . But it’s totally unfair to show RES 5 Gold Edition free for PS+ members and then say it’s just a mockup . Leave it to Sony to backpeddle .

+ tacotaskforce on October 11th, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

>The download list won’t be changed on Day 1 with the new Storefront, but it is something we’re looking to improve in the future.

Right, just like it’s been something you’ve been looking into for the past eight years. A functional download list is the only thing that anyone actually wants. Everything else is rearranging deck chairs.

+ mainkster on October 11th, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

good i don’t want re5 for plus , i already got it

+ smushums on October 11th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

I agree with Tech_IX the PS+ members should receive the same free items . It’s not fair that EU gets the better PS+ content while the U.S gets all the crap . And while i’m at it why does EU PS store get the better avatars ?

+ smushums on October 11th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

@mainkster you wouldn’t get RES 5 free your not a PS+ member Lol

+ gameman15 on October 11th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

Is it going to be included in the next firmware update? If so, will this next firmware update include compatibility with physical (on-disc) PS2 games? Because I read somewhere on the internet that it will.

+ fngrLCKNgood on October 11th, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

I hope there is a “Gift” function implemented in the redesign. It’d be nice to be able to send something you thought was cool to a friend without having to buy a gift card or the like. Fingers crossed they didn’t miss this opportunity :]

+ fngrLCKNgood on October 11th, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

@smushums Do you realize you come off a bit like a spoiled child? It’s bad form to whine about things that are being given to you.

+ Darig0n on October 11th, 2012 at 7:49 pm said:

How about the vita?

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 11th, 2012 at 7:51 pm said:

I can’t wait to experience the new Store Layout!!! I’m so fond to everything Sony and PlayStation… I just can’t wait to see if I miss the good old PSN Store or if this new one will make me forget about the old one quick!! Hehe! :P

+ Enigma777 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

Looks nice. I hope it loads faster as well. Something happened to the old store about a year or so ago where it now has a second or two of loading after you exit viewing an item where you can’t move the cursor and that annoys the bejesus out of me!

+ jose213jose on October 11th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

Hmm, I’m sure the new PSN Storefront on the PS3 will be awesome but making the “download list” better is important as well along with anything else that could be made more easy for the PSN Users.

PS Vita could use the same design layout for bit more until its time to change it out for the new one plus its alot of hard work for coding and testing them out. Well i hope you guys at PS Team do your best on the Store front. :)

+ mtsnyper on October 11th, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

HTML5? Does this mean we’ll be able to access the store from the web?

+ guasonTF on October 11th, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

I think PS3 should add some new apps to the store. As a hardcore PS3 and sony fan i think it’s embarrassing that XBOX 360 has a sony app and PS3 doesn’t. A few other apps Playstation should add are IGN and Comixology apps that would be awesome. Also a dream of mine would be DC Entertainment App for everything DC to watch, movies, cartoons, and Shorts. I’m just throwing it out there Sony it wouldn’t hurt to try. Other than that you guys are doing a great job keep it up. PLAYSTATION FAN 4 EVER!!!

+ Zhi13 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Looks nice cant wait to play with it!

+ TdawgX on October 11th, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

well, thats great and all, but its been a couple weeks, can we get an update on when final fantasy 3 will be coming to vita in the usa seeing as it plays fine everywhere else in the world but for some reason it doesnt here??

thanks

+ tydagame804 on October 11th, 2012 at 8:55 pm said:

I think yall should update the XMB to something like this….I like this new look

+ niladridutt on October 11th, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

No Playstation Store Update for PS Vita :(

+ WAR0979 on October 11th, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

@Morgan, I think you’re lying about RE 5 gold. That or you don’t know. Why would you mock up something like that? Seems like a huge oversight by Sony and I don’t think they would make that big of a mistake. Also Plus had 2 games removed and only KOF added, so clearly another game is coming out and clearly you are waiting for Halloween week to announce it. And there is no bigger horror game than Resident Evil. You can deny it for now, but please apologize to us when you announce later this month. Ok? Deal?

+ jqtaxpayer on October 11th, 2012 at 9:22 pm said:

Can’t say I really care for this, but since I come here to find out what’s new, already know what’s old and can’t do much about what the Store looks like anyhow, then… well… good for you?

+ dudeinator_luke on October 11th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

So is it just the store look and everything that has been updated or is there more added content to what already exists (such as PSOne classics and PS2 Classics?) If so, will there be a list of new added content like what we see every time there is a Store update?

+ SprO– on October 11th, 2012 at 10:03 pm said:

Pretty stoked to see how it turns out!

+ Frozen_star10 on October 11th, 2012 at 10:03 pm said:

I need an improve in searching result. I can’t figure out which one i should get with a ton of theme, add on, movies, trailer etc… Please add some filter as theme, addon… and sort as Date, Price… so I can find what i need easily (such as Google and Web result, image result, video result). Thanks.

+ focaldragonfly23 on October 11th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

@thetedster amazon has that bundle a 320 gb ps3 and 1 year ps plus for 299.99

+ ScarReaper83 on October 11th, 2012 at 10:13 pm said:

not only does the EU store get better free games but also better avatars that r EU exclusive that the US NEVER gets the chance to get but also better deals on sales while the US gets HORRIBLE deals (SMH) treat ALL countries the same ps+ is starting to become BS now KOFXIII r u kidding me

+ that-acmilan-guy on October 11th, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

To the PS Store team:

One of the things I would love to see is accessing game related content like DLC, videos, rating, etc without having to get into the store. We need game HUB pages.

For example I have Red Dead Redemption on my drive, I whenever I move over the game. I should be able to access a HUB page from where I can access all DLCs, videos and even rate the game without having to go to the store.

+ bluepikmin9 on October 11th, 2012 at 11:14 pm said:

wow

+ Elvick_ on October 11th, 2012 at 11:21 pm said:

218: Sony makes oversights all the time… pretty sure they even had a 360 video up here in one of the recent blogposts about some multiplatform game.

+ Elvick_ on October 11th, 2012 at 11:23 pm said:

Oh and I really hope this will still work with Remote Play, and hopefully better, but it’s more important to me that it works in general.

+ mainkster on October 11th, 2012 at 11:50 pm said:

@ smushums yes im a i got plus i love it , i just renewed 2 year , i just don’t want to login on pc , i guess just pnoid about pc , maybe i should login with my real account

+ PrinceofXIII on October 11th, 2012 at 11:57 pm said:

can’t wait for the revision :P

needs a browser version though

+ Diablos2525 on October 12th, 2012 at 2:16 am said:

Loving the look of the new store! Good work guys! ^_^. I know it’s been said, but organizing downloaded items, please pass that up to the higher ups when you can, would be very much appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work !

+ bronx516 on October 12th, 2012 at 3:41 am said:

definitely do something about the re downloading of things you bought in the past so its easier to find certain ones. for example like a box for games, a box for add on and so on. hopefully a little something for us for free would be nice. i hope a vita gets updated soon too maybe before summer at least because theres addons that are missing on vita thats on the ps3 psn like dynasty warriors next costume packs.

+ Enforcer_X on October 12th, 2012 at 4:30 am said:

@89 Elvick_ on
First, because I don’t have a 360 and second, I would rather give an example of a store that does it right and is more open, furthermore Sony manufactures Android powered phones, you see how it all goes together.

But yes I doubt we will see anything most of us want as evidenced by the Blog.Share.

+ FORMIK on October 12th, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

Here’s another suggestion. Seems once a game is no longer considered new, it just gets put into a lengthy alphabetical list unless brought back via PlayStation Plus. Maybe you could have:

A “Hits of” section for 2007, 2008, etc, and provide discounts on the titles that were popular in past years.

Also, an “Under the Radar” for each year, for those quality games that might have been missed.

You could even have a “Hot in 2012″ section for all the PSN games of the current year, in case someone for example just got a PS3 and heard about Journey but also would like to know what else is out there.

+ nielkainama93 on October 12th, 2012 at 6:01 am said:

Nice! please keep it as simple as possible :)

+ Mister-Nep on October 12th, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

Will this change the download list as well? Being able to sort the download list, or even having a search option will help immensely. Especially considering some titles I have aren’t even on the store itself anymore.

I’ve been on PSN for 4 years now, and I’ve got over 1000 download items on my list. I can only imagine what it’s like for PSN users that have been around longer than I have.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 12th, 2012 at 7:01 am said:

LMAO at XMB still being as bas as it is, poorly organized, laid out, its not 2004…….

Anyone who says the XMB is fine is clueless. Why does it seem to take Sony 3 times as long as anyone else in the industry to update their services? PSN is still behind the competition.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 12th, 2012 at 7:03 am said:

Why does PS3 in 2012 still have lame, cheap pic avatars? Where are all the good XMB themes? Seriously Sony, your so far behind with your service. Ps3 is great , albeit too hard to code for and poor memory design, its Sony’s poor software services and OS behind the console where sony is still far behind. Good thing you have good exclusives, everything else your playing catchup.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 12th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

@191, SCEA are out of touch, its why PS3 sells worse in US then europe. Hey Sony, when you going to move into modern times and allow more then 1 download at a time LMAO.

+ DirjelJunshin on October 12th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

This is nice, but the store really only needs two things:

1. Ability to sort through previous purchases
2. WISHLIST!

+ pudgenet on October 12th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Nice.

Now where’s my XMB redesign, including much better options for organizing the scores of games I have on my PS3?

+ Codemiester on October 12th, 2012 at 8:01 am said:

I love the redesign store. It looks great. But any chance we can get a redesign XMB UI? Functionally it still works great but it is outdated and very bland. It needs some color and a fresh coat of paint. Thanks

+ God-Of-Lyf on October 12th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

SONY still not able to put things in order go figure!!! Why is it that everything you give us only suits you and NOT the Gamers??? pfftt… BTW, This new design looks like a giant mess right out the gate. Is this a screen of a poster or what! Just Saying…

+ HorrorGod on October 12th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

It looks good, guys. I like that Sony is willing to try and re-model the PSN Store to stay fresh and hip…
But, in all honesty, this mock-up just looks like a take on the XBOX store.

Personally, I was completely fine with the way the PSN store looked. It had personality.
I just wanted extra features like a “Wish List” option.

Take your time. Keep the store looking the same, but re-do the code or whatever it is you need to do to get us the new features. No need in polish the store just so it LOOKS new.
My 2 cents.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 12th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

@@$# are you blind? This store looks way better then the current outdated one, this was long over due.

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on October 12th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

WOW, it’s about time! Looks like my (and many others) requests have not fallen upon deaf ears! Can’t wait for this! Thanks Sony!

+ InphiniteWun on October 12th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

It looks too much like XBL. I don’t like it. Surely there’s a different font that could be used. Helvetica works with everything (as you can see if you’re viewing this page on a Mac).

+ Ourjetsone on October 12th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Hey Movers,

I was just wondering if Champions 2 will come out with bundle since I need all the accessories.

+ Elvick_ on October 12th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

@237: Yes, the XMB – that won awards for being so user friendly – sucks. *eye roll* If you can’t find something in the XMB, then you probably paid best buy to hook your system up and can’t set the clock on your DVD player.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6