Minecraft PS4

New PlayStation Store Coming October 23rd

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 11, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

New PlayStation Store

Content not final and subject to change.

Today we began previewing a completely redesigned PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3. We’ve listened closely to your feedback and used it to build a brand new PlayStation Store. With a stunning new user interface, simple search and powerful content discovery, it’s an in-store experience that’s more streamlined and accessible than ever before.

PlayStation Store now offers more than 20,000 pieces of game-related content including downloadable games, add-ons and themes and more than 100,000 videos and TV shows. With so much to choose from, the redesign offers easier navigation to locate the perfect game, video or application. Product pages will deliver in-depth information about games and videos, while providing an amazing high definition visual experience found only on PS3.

New PlayStation StoreNew PlayStation Store

Take a look at what to expect when the all new PlayStation Store rolls out in the US on October 23rd, and keep checking back for more information.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ WakizashiM on October 12th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

The new store looks great, but damn if I’m not disappointed that the download list is not getting sorting options.

+ Elvick_ on October 12th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

@242: Install somw themes, tada. More color with the custom icons for everything, granted not ingame. Personally, it looks perfect to me too. I like it simple and sleak.

+ E-Phoenix- on October 12th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

Looks great. A new PS3 UI would be nice too.

+ soupaman2684 on October 12th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Hey, can you answer this question? Are you working on fixing the accounts so that if they made a sub-account and then finally reached the age of 18, they would have the option to upgrade to a master account. I’m 18 and am still stuck with a sub account. It would be awesome if you fix this because I have around 300+ trophies and I cant just get them again alongside levels on multiplayer games. Can somebody please reply to this!??!?!?!?!

+ Myspace110 on October 12th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

hopefully youll swap out the cross media bar as well for a bit more organized layout keep up the good work sony

+ Wartech on October 12th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Looks fantastic! Job well done! I’m curious an word on Vita or PS3 getting comic store like the PSP store has? I really think going in the holiday season it would be a good sales. Especially since I don’t think your competitor offer tthat service.

+ swisstylez on October 12th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

I can’t wait for the new Ps store it looks so nice and with the filters fixed it will be more easier to find games yay!!!!!!

+ Araya462 on October 12th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Will there be more playstation1 and playstation 2 games added for sale. When I first bought my PS3 about a year ago they had more playstation 2 games up for sale then now,and I even remember warcraft 1 for playstation 1 being available and as soon as I got some money to buy it it was gone. I hate to be greedy but if you take my advice and put back up you might as well Diablo 1 from ps1 it wouldn’t hurt my feelings

+ BShornock on October 12th, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Sorting downloads would be awesome

Put all the downloads in categories.

PS3 Games(Full Games)
PS3 Demos and Unlock Codes
PS3 DLC
PS3 Avatars
PS3 Dynamic/Static Themes
PSP Games(Full Games and DLC, since there isn’t much)
PSVita Games
PSVita DLC
PSVita Avatars/Borders
PSOne Games
PSMobile Games
SoundTracks/Movies/Manuals

As for the new look for Playstation Network, if they navigate EVERYTHING under the Games Category, not a clump of garbage like XBL looks, I will be happy, keep it simplified.

The only overhaul the Vita menu needs, is it’s own categories for downloads.

+ B-Badd on October 12th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

Cool looking update, hope it’s just as easy to use. Now when it the PS3′s xmb and PSVita’s live area getting an update (Almost out of space with my 32 GB stick).

+ Souledge94 on October 12th, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

imma miss the old store I found nothing wrong with it. Oh wells change happens.

+ saab01 on October 12th, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

Sounds interesting I don’t mind the stores layout now but a resigned store is fine with me.

If only next we can work on a Web Browser that actually works correctly. Also the in game XMB is too slow and the comparison of trophies with friends is too slow these things should be worked on next.

+ redknite on October 12th, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

final fantasy 10

+ Giga_Gaia on October 12th, 2012 at 11:18 pm said:

Great, maybe this will fix the 80023102 error that has happened for years and that Sony is too lazy to fix.

+ QUINTISON on October 12th, 2012 at 11:39 pm said:

I’d hope the new store includes a new and improved dl list so full games and full psn games would be grouped while demo’s and currently running beta’s would be in another tab while dlc would also get it’s own tab and that would leave music and apps so the uncharted soundtrack and hulu plus would be found in another tab.

As it stands now it’s all thrown in a blender and all jumbled up so if your dl list is as long as mine it can be challenging indeed.

Within the full games and demo’s /beta’s sections a ps plus logo would be next to content that was plus so as to make it even more easy to find.

+ CrAzYDaVe0209 on October 13th, 2012 at 1:45 am said:

WE WANT AN NEW XMB, WE WANT AN NEW XMB, WE WANT AN NEW XMB. Store is cool and all but we want change to the XMB too. Come on Sony what you guys thinking?

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on October 13th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

the xmb is fine, we don’t want the whole change the dash 100 times like m$ has done.

+ WilHiteWarrior on October 13th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

Milla Jovovich should not have her picture anywhere near the resident evil games… those blasted movies should be kept as far from the games as possible

+ destruction1983 on October 13th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

so when you download a game is it going be faster and better?

+ FUS-RO-DAAH on October 13th, 2012 at 11:02 pm said:

Looking forward to the store redesign for Vita, hopefully it’ll get rolled out this year.

+ TensaXZangetsu2 on October 14th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Now that you guys are changing the playstation store. Have you ever thought about changing the ps3 XMB. It would be awesome if you made it look like the ps vita xmb.

+ TJF588 on October 14th, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

Count me in on getting the Download List (not only on PS3, but PSP, MedioGo, and the SEN website) more usable. For categories, I’d like to see Format, Full Games, Demos, Add-On, Unlocks, Themes, Avatars, Soundtracks…with checkbox-style display (where you can choose which categories to show). I’d also like to see groupings of a game’s content by IP, and off course every sort option with Oldest, Newest, and Alphabetical; maybe even Last Downloaded. And, personally, a way to filter out anything not available on the Store anymore (which for some reason, for me, includes inFAMOUS).

+ pickleing on October 14th, 2012 at 10:24 pm said:

Why isn’ Sony supporting the Vita as much as they did the PSP i’m really gdtting sick of Sony letting me down, dont get me wrong sony i love you but support your damn system or else you will have one of the few failed handheld game systems;(

+ pickleing on October 14th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

The vita is a great system and has so much by potential but a great metaphor is like a highjschool kid doing drugs hd has so much potential but he is throwing it away

+ herbalsticky on October 15th, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

I think it’s a bad idea to mix movies and games.

+ Remmy8199 on October 15th, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

Are the PS3 users gonna get any new PSOne Classics any time soon? Just wondering because I know the Vita got a bunch recently, but there’s been none for us.

+ phade2blaq on October 15th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

I’m glad to see the store finally getting updated because it’s clunky and you can’t locate anything without a hassle !

+ Ryu-Sama- on October 15th, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

LOL now I’ll have 3 copies of RE5 gold.

+ CallHimEiko on October 16th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

Bring NFL STREETS TO THE PSN

+ PSmayhemfan316 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

i going to love the new store look. but what about the video unlimited for ps3 will it still be available?

+ PiMDx on October 16th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

Payday Heist, King of FIghters XIII, and NFL Blitz are for NA, RE5 and Bulletstorm for EU. As a NA + member I am disappointed with the NA releases.

+ tuckinyourmama on October 16th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

I think psplus is a great value but seems like every game that seems worth checking out I already own

+ Heavenly_king on October 16th, 2012 at 6:04 pm said:

UPDATE THE XMB PLEASE!!! :(

+ PS_man1984 on October 16th, 2012 at 11:59 pm said:

It looks very “Metro” inspired. You guys had some inspiration from Windows 8 / Windows Phone?

+ gohan16ken on October 17th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

I can search and purchase a content on xbox.com from my computer and have it download on my X360. Sony should do that for the PS3.

+ Toe_Tag_ on October 17th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

Well. I have to say there seems to be alot of attention going in the wrong place.

Why is there not this much attention to online games, like Socom Confrontation.

This game has had 2 patches since release and 1 map pack.

Since this game is Sony’s responsibility you would think it would have more attention given to it.

I have’nt purchased a game in 7 years only because there is zero attention given to games and clearly updating the playstation store proves where the priorities are.

+ sygys on October 18th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Why is it always US only who is getting these services… What about Europe???

+ H4aD2Es0 on October 18th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

I am very happy with all the improvements the Playstation Team has been doing the new store look freaking awesome great job keep it up

+ CigarelloFiend on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Very nice so much better……PSN GOOD JOB well done

+ AntiCarnage on October 25th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Bring back old store new one is horrible and messy makes me sad to look at.

+ Sergheiev on November 2nd, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

I´ve just installed the new store, like it a lot, but, where´s the Playstation Plus menu, option? also with the new design now i´m aware of a lot of content i missed on the old store so it would be great to have a wishlist or save for later feature.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 7th, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

Just installed the new PlayStation Store. I admit it looks much easier to navigate since I never got used to the original having just picked up my PS3 last year. I haven’t used it thoroughly but when I do I’m sure it will be much easier than before.

PAGE 1 4 5 6