PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The PlayStation Recap — U R Not e Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Oct 13, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Lots of moving and lots of shaking in the PlayStation world this week: New PSN games (including PS3-exclusive Derrick the Deathfin, PlayStation Mobile standout Rebel, Atari’s Warlords re-imagining), a new PlayStation Store coming soon, new details on PSN stunner The Unfinished Swan, new hands-on details for Street Fighter X Tekken on PS Vita, a delightful PSN platformer designed for two people, an October 30th launch date for PS Vita’s socially connected brain scrambler Smart As, first details on next week’s releases (Of Orcs and Men, Mugen Souls, a new Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 Q&A, Halloween details for PlayStation Home, and a way for Ontario-based gamers to check out PlayStation’s campus tour.

Gaming had a good week, too, with a stacked lineup of quality releases such as Dishonored, XCOM: Enemy Territory, Retro City Rampage, and the fourth episode of Telltale’s righteous The Walking Dead series. I’m working my way through Dunwall right now; later this weekend I’ll plunge into the undead-infested Savannah, Georgia.

What are you playing this weekend?

The PlayStation Recap

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Retro City Rampage for PS3 and PS Vita Launch Trailer

The 10 Most Viewed Posts of the Week

• PlayStation Plus Update: King of Fighters XIII Free For Members
  • New PlayStation Store Coming October 23rd
  • God of War: Ascension Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Details
  • Launch Trailer: Retro City Rampage on PS3, PS Vita Tuesday
  • Behind the Classics: Amy Hennig Talks Soul Reaver Secrets
  • Dishonored: 7 Launch Day Tips
  • Pick Up Total Recall on Blu-ray, Get the God of War: Ascension Single-Player Demo
  • September 2012 PSN Top Sellers: The Walking Dead Crawls Back To the Top
  • Journey Into Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in 2013
  • TOKYO JUNGLE: Four New Animals Today
  • //Add Your Own

21 Comments

+ Axecution on October 13th, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

I want RCR but i dont wanna have spend 15 dollars on it Dx
    One day i’ll get it though eventually. Looks so awesome haha

+ omacranger on October 13th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I absolutely love RCR. It’s such a great game! I’ve almost bought it a second time just so I can play it on the PC too!

+ Butters360 on October 13th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Amazing week of awesome news. SO looking forward to the new PlayStation Store layout!

I’m Playing: God of War II, and God of War III.

I’m Watching: Arrow, The Walking Dead Season Three, Argo, and Taken 2. Nikita Season Three premieres next week!

I’m Reading: Iron Man: Extremis. The story and art in this is by far the best I’ve ever seen in a comic book.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 046: Retro City Pimpage.

+ Lelo4Ever on October 13th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

If you guys don’t know yet… Sid Shuman, Jeff, and most of the PS Blog crew are available as skins in RCR… just use the coupon code URNOTE inside MJ’s Face-R-Us Store… Thats pretty fun!

+ SirBeck on October 13th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

I’m playing:Borderlands 2, that’s been sucking up all my game time since it released and then some.
    I can’t get enough of it, hope more DLC comes sooner then later.

I’m watching: MACGYVER, and may later tonight PROMETHEUS. If I can pull myself away from Borderlands 2.

+ AutomaticOcelot on October 13th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

@4: Thanks for clearing up that non-sequitur. I was just overcome by a wave of depression because there are kids now playing PS3, born after the eNOS campaign. –___–

SIDCALLBACKGO!
    blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/09/15-years-later-enos-lives-on-infographic/

+ Astro411 on October 13th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

It’s a great time to be a gamer and things just keep getting better :-)

I’m playing : PS3 – LBP2, Sly 1 and Tokyo Jungle.
    PSV – LBP and SunFlowers.

+ race2winnet on October 13th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

For those of you who have played RCR, I was hoping that you could offer me a bit of assistance. What exactly is the sexual content in this game and how much is invloved? My kids are wanting it, they are really into classic games and are salivating over this one, but sexual content, really? In an 8-bit game? Sounds crazy to me. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

+ iiONyKz-_MaQuIrO on October 13th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Wow, what a good pair of months for sony!
    BTW if U don’t own a Vita yet, let me tell U, you $^¢¡«!

SONY I WANT PANDORA RADIO APP ON MY VITA!
    Make happenn!

+ mpb93 on October 13th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Now who shold i be in RCR Sid Jeff Nick or Ray

+ omacranger on October 13th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

+8 (race2winnet) There is a bit of it. But from what I’ve seen it’s mostly well worded stuff that children won’t get. The stuff you’ll see is most likely something hidden in a quote or a funny sign. I haven’t seen any true “sexual” references in that sense.

+ iiONyKz-_MaQuIrO on October 13th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

@8
    About sexual content, Iam about 30%of progressed and sexual in 8 bit, no yet but of what I have seen is more like pictures in between the cinematic visuals and problably some cinematic visual itself in the future! maybe! and guns, missions, chains of hit! Its all in 8 bit but realy cool, You steal, drink alcohol, police is always on you, so for kids 10^ only!

+ Sonicfan11589 on October 13th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

hi, sorry about the unrelated post, but i can’t access the community forums, none of the links would load for me, and the “new message” link is grayed out, it’s weird.

+ Lelo4Ever on October 13th, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

@8
    There is a reference regarding the Hot Coffee GTA fiasco… (It is called in game ICED TEA but its pretty obvious where the idea came from)… but the way is inserted in dialogue, it makes no sexual context at all (unless you are aware about what “hot coffee” really is)…

In my opinion, the game is way safer for children than GTA… if your kids are already teens there is no problem at all… if they are too young however… consider RCR as a GTA type of game (contains violence, “borrow” cars, etcetera)…

@6

my Intention was just to clarify the reference to the U R Not E inside RCR, since most people don’t know about that…

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 13th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

Hey race2winnet, how were your kids born? Do you honestly believe that NATURE will hurt them?

Anyway, I’ve played through the entire story campaign, and the “sexual content” in the game is never anything more than extremely subtle innuendo here and there… and then the one “Iced Tea” scene in the game which is intentionally corny and not “graphic” in the slightest. Only because it mildly hints at what’s happening under the “CENSORED!” does it somehow qualify as “sexual content”.

The entire game is satire from beginning to end. It’s goofy. It’s silly. And it’s a lot of fun.

+ race2winnet on October 13th, 2012 at 11:27 pm said:

@omacranger, @iiONyKz-_MaQuIrO, @Lelo4Ever, @PrimeroIncognito,

Many, many thanks! You all have been a big help!

BTW I never said that anything would hurt them, I simply like to be an educated parent and make well-informed decisions conserning my children (who are yonger than the T rating of this game.) I mean, isn’t that my job? Thanks again!

+ ItaChu on October 14th, 2012 at 5:06 am said:

I really wish I could downgrade my Vita …. you know why? Cuz the Internet Browser was better in the last firmware …. now i cant download any videos to it, it asks for a username and password everytime i try to download anything from any site, and on tumblr i cant tag anything cuz the letter box doesnt appear when i tap the tag box :( please fix the internet browser …. what isnt messed up doesnt need to be fixed …. unless you plan on putting flash on it lol

+ furlowguy134 on October 14th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Im looking for a game called jade cacoon its a psone classic never see it on the store cant find it anywhere would b nice to play it again

+ furlowguy134 on October 14th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

JADE CACOON dose anyone know this game

+ furlowguy134 on October 14th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

when is legend of dragoon coming to vita

+ newyorkreload on October 14th, 2012 at 9:33 pm said: