PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Art of Journey Comes to Life

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Oct 15, 2012 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

The roll-out of The Art of Journey up to this point has been simply amazing! Today though, we’re here to announce the release of the Art of Journey and its availability from Amazon for fans both in the US, and in countries around the world.

We are so excited about the book and all of its special features that we wanted to share one of them with you today by giving away some of the exciting technology that is included in The Art of Journey. Our talented friends at Daqri have out done themselves and put together a truly unique experience for the Art of Journey. The Daqri team has developed an app that you can download for iOS here or for Android here and use it to enhance the book in a way we’ve never seen done.

The images literally come to life with scenes taken from some of your favorite moments in Journey! Check it out!

We’ve posted one of the images used for the 4D experience at www.TheArtOfJourney.com, labeled page 57, so you can try it on your own smart phone or tablet. There are several more 4D experiences in the book that you can play with once you have your own copy!

It works directly off your monitor if you don’t have access to a printer, but it works best when printed out in color so you can move it around however you like and show all your friends. Just launch the “Journey AR Viewer” app on your smart device, and point the camera at the image, and that’s it!

So be sure to order the book right away! And don’t forget that you can also now pre-order the Journey Soundtrack by Austin Wintory on CD here!

One final note: We wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up at the book’s launch event hosted by Bluecanvas during the LA Art Walk! That night was really special for all of us, and we’re glad you could be a part of it. Also, For those lucky individuals that pre-ordered signed copies of the book, know that your books are on their way! We’re very excited to finally get to pull the curtains back on this spectacular book and release it to all the fans.

24 Comments   1 Reply

+ xZEEZO on October 15th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

Amazing !

will there be a PS Vita App ??

+ minipunch on October 15th, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

Will this be released in the U.K? That would be brilliant if possible so I don’t have to deal with international shipping costs etc.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on October 15th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

Hey minipunch, currently the only way to order it online at this time is through the link provided. We do love to hear from our fans though. Thanks!

+ minipunch on October 15th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

Oh well, i’ll have to look into at a future date then. But your game is very deserved of the praise it received. Just an amazing experience.

+ Edzo04ps on October 15th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

I got my signed copy from bluecanvas. Beautiful artwork and they gave a voucher to download the soundtrack for free too.

+ magicx11 on October 15th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

So will there be a PS VITA app for this. and will there be a bundle with a copy of the game.

+ polo155 on October 15th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

My tablet/mobile phone is a PlayStation Vita. The game is great, will this book’s AR support my device Randall? If not then i wont get the full experience from this purchase, correct?

Thanks!

+ lisatsunami on October 15th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to order this book!

+ Logan22 on October 15th, 2012 at 4:43 pm said:

@4 Did you go to the launch event or did yours already ship?

@Randall When exactly is the time window we can expect our shipment? This week?

+ ATOMS11 on October 15th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Please make this compatible with the Nexus 7. Thanks for listening!

+ punkmusic2009 on October 15th, 2012 at 5:04 pm said:

its after the time 4:00pm pst and the service is not happening

+ Ryumoau on October 15th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

meh….

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 15th, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

OFF TOPIC ..BUT WHERE IS THE GOD OF WAR NEWS WE WAS TOLD ABOUT A FEW DAYS AGO? >:/

+ gabriel_nica on October 15th, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

@1

yeah. i second that. Why is there no Vita lovin’

+ Edzo04ps on October 15th, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

@8 I was in the first 750 preorders and had it shipped to me. Got it some time last week

+ Logan22 on October 15th, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

Oh wow I was too, but I guess I live further away. Thanks for the info.

+ GhostMachine1 on October 15th, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

“…you can try it on your own smart phone or tablet.”
How come it won’t work on the vita? That would be sick!

+ manzoor47 on October 15th, 2012 at 9:42 pm said:

Journey is why i still play video games!!! Its not just a game but a piece of art! would love to pick this up but so many great games coming out. I am keeping this under my radar.

+ Tim81DE on October 16th, 2012 at 3:34 am said:

HUGE fan of Journey, as well as Thatgamecompany. Though $60 for an art book is a lot. I love the extra stuff game franchises put out. I have some other artbooks, but the most they have cost me is around $40. Is there a reason it’s so expensive? Also, are there any plans to release this as a package with the collectors edition and maybe a physical copy of the OST?

-Tim

+ Axecution on October 16th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

lol 60 dollars

+ applepfreak420 on October 16th, 2012 at 6:22 am said:

What about a vita app? theres all these things with AR that arent able to do on the vita. come on guys, its your technology. :/

+ swissmr on October 16th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

Wow I downloaded the App on my Evo LTE for android and used the link for that page…and yeah it worked just like the video. really impressed. Kinda makes me wish i had a tablet.

+ swissmr on October 16th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

how many pages have the AR feature? It isnt listed anywhere?

+ TomatoDragon on October 18th, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Just purchased it. Can’t wait. I love the conceptual art books…especially one from my favorite game this gen.

+ Un3r-God-ind1 on October 18th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Now if we can get A Uncharted trilogy art book.