PS4 - Destiny

007 Legends Celebrates Bond History Today, PS3-Exclusive Multiplayer Characters

Rob Matthews's Avatar + Posted by Rob Matthews on Oct 16, 2012 // Product Manager, Eurocom

007 Legends is a videogame celebration of the James Bond film franchise’s 50th anniversary, featuring five classic Bond movie-inspired missions along with a downloadable mission based on the next Bond film, Skyfall.

Skyfall is an integral part of 007 Legends story, the action from the film bookends the other missions and we’ve built the overarching narrative of the game around a pivotal event that occurs early on in the film. EON Productions, the production company who produce the James Bond films, have been fantastic partners to work with, granting us exclusive behind-the-scenes access to many of the film’s stunts and action sequences, allowing us to recreate those breathtaking moments you’ll see on the big screen within the game as fully interactive segments within the game. During the Skyfall mission, we visit two striking locations that have been faithfully recreated from the film, as well as some fantastic acting talent including Daniel Craig as Bond that will appear on the big screen when the film is released on November 9th, 2012.

Patrice (PS3 Exclusive)Eve (PS3 Exclusive)

As a special PlayStation Network exclusive, two of the main characters featured in the film Skyfall, — MI6 field agent Eve (played by the actress Naomie Harris) and the assassin Patrice (Ola Rapace) — are available as multiplayer characters, each with their own special features and abilities. To re-create these two characters we were given special access to the wardrobe and armory departments of the film and took high-resolution digital scans of the actor’s likenesses to ensure that what you see in the game is as close to their real-life appearance as possible.

The films that make up the other six missions featured in 007 Legends are Goldfinger (1964), On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969), Moonraker (1979), Licence to Kill (1989), Die Another Day (2002) and Skyfall (2012). If you’re a keen Bond fan, you’ll have noticed a pattern to the movies that we’ve adapted for 007 Legends – one movie from each of the six actors who’ve played Bond over the last 50 years. This was a way for us to pay homage to not only the original actors, but also to all of the other cast and crew who’ve been involved with the various eras of Bond over the last fifty years.

007 Legends - Zero Gravity (Moonraker)007 Legends - Gondola (OHMSS)

Each movie-inspired mission features multiple levels and you’ll experience moments as diverse as fast paced skiing, gadget laden car chases, daring helicopter assaults, space shuttle launches and combat in zero gravity. Alongside high intensity first-person action, 007 Legends also allows the player to really submerge themselves into the world of James Bond. A range of user upgradable gadgets are available, offering you the choice in how you achieve your objectives; do you go in guns blazing or use the radar in your wristwatch to plan a route past the guards, then use your distraction and tranquilizer darts to take down the opposition without raising the alarm?

Alongside the rich single-player campaign, 007 Legends provides a great selection of multiplayer content and game modes, including the classic four-player split-screen game mode. There is also another single-player game mode with an online leader-board component, MI6-Ops. In this mode, you’ll have missions for Bond, as well as some of the other story characters from the game, with the setup for these missions inspired by events from the main story. Now you get to experience the action through another pair of eyes and, in some cases, through the eyes of the villains.

007 Legends - Jinx (Die Another Day)007 Legends - Car Bomb (Licence to Kill)

When designing the game, we wanted each mission to have its own unique flavor and feel. 007 Legends will take you on an adventure that spans the globe, and then up into space. From palaces made of ice to the underground vaults of Fort Knox, the hustle and bustle of a market in Istanbul to the snow-capped peaks of the Alps and the dry arid ruins of an ancient Mexican native settlement.

Throughout the development of 007 Legends, we worked very closely with EON Productions and screenwriter Bruce Feirstein to re-imagine these classic stories that we all know and love. The task of bringing 007 Legends to life fell upon the shoulders of a highly talented cast of over 60 actors, who provided the voices, performances and likenesses of the characters in the game. A number of stars have reprised their roles from the original films – Michael Lonsdale, Carey Lowell, Richard Kiel, and Toby Stephens.

As a lifelong Bond fan, developing 007 Legends has been a fantastic experience, we’ve had a hugely talented and passionate team of developers at Eurocom dedicated to the title. We, along with our partners at Activision and EON Productions, hope you enjoy the unique experience that is James Bond in 007 Legends.

36 Comments

+ D-Squad3 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

Nice exclusive characters!

+ TurismoM3 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:21 am said:

You should put Quantum of Solace & Blood Stone on PSN. Or even better put Quantum of Solace, Blood Stone & Goldeneye 007 Reloaded on one Blu-Ray for the 50th anniversary. Loving the 50th Anniversary Blu-Ray movie collection. It’s really sweet.

+ IIL0YDII on October 16th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

price?stating it should be requirement for announcing news,because we always ask this.

+ Draco416 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:34 am said:

I really wish they would stop using the same song for EVERY trailer. They took an epic track and made it stale.

+ EggySong85 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:34 am said:

This is a top-desired game of mine. I still want Goldeneye as well.

+ GhostMachine1 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:41 am said:

@3 It’s $60 retail & $54 for Playstation Plus.

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

I’m renting the game from gamefly because the psn digital version is too overpriced, especially considering how short reviews of the game have said the campaign is.

I also don’t like some of the missions you choose to include in the game. Did we really need Die Another Day to represent Brosnan’s run? The film was terrible. I know Goldeneye has been remade to death but theres a reason for it. It was one of his best. I’d even take World is Not enough.

+ PumpkinMusic837 on October 16th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

looks like a good game

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

It also would have been way better to have played as those different Bonds, instead of shoe-horning Daniel Craig into each movie like you did for the Goldeneye remake. He just doesn’t fit in everything.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 16th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

I pre-ordered this for the campaign only. I doubt I’ll have it long enough for multiplayer. They never can seem to get these new Bond games right. When I get it in the mail, I’m expecting greatness as the title of the best Bond game is attached to it. I know I’ll be let down again though and I’ll be back on Borderlands 2!!

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

@10 if you know you’ll be disappointed why buy it full price? Renting makes more sense. I’m getting it from gamefly, but Redbox is also suppose to have it.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 16th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

@ 11,
I didn’t buy it at full price. Newegg has all pre-orders for $47.99 for three days. Best deal ever. So I pre-ordered a good number of games to keep me busy with. I’ve bought all the other Bond games too. Just not new. Still playing Blood Stone’s campaign.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 16th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Exuse me, they had*, so I’m sure a lot of people missed out on that.

+ FriedConsole on October 16th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Pumped for this. Love the recent James Bond games but I have to admit being a Bond super fan. Skyfall looks to be awesome.

+ DeathGazer on October 16th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Wow, the reviews are not looking good. 4.5 from IGN, 4/10 from Game Informer…

Game sounds like a broken mess.

+ guitarded77 on October 16th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

Looks like a PS2 game… Mr. Bond deserves far more respect.

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

Wow this game is getting trashed by reviews. I warn against people paying full price for this lazy cash in. The first bad sign was the limited amount of missions included. The gameplay is nothing more than a cheap CoD knock-off from video review gameplay footage i’ve seen.

The missions don’t even connect storywise.

Its a shame you guys were too lazy to give us a proper, well researched, and exciting Bond game to celebrate his 50th anniversary. But i suppose that was expecting too much from Activision.

+ cam_eltoh on October 16th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

Thats cool but wheres todays store update?

+ PainOfSarrow on October 16th, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

Typical Sony. late update lol.

+ xGrandpaGamer on October 16th, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

I just talked to customer service because i pre ordered doom 3 bfg and it’s 5:45 pm in the east coast and the game is not available and i was told that the update will be later tonight or tommorow morning. Sony please elimanate this pre order program because i pre order and i will be playing the next day not day 1, this program is a easte of time and this will be my last pre order next time i will go to gamestop.

+ Nick930930 on October 16th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

I hate these remakes of Bond movies. They NEVER work. Go back to Nightfire and Everything or Nothing. THOSE were the best Bond games I ever played! Everything or Nothing was soooo good! And Nightfire’s local multiplayer was so much fun to play! We played that game to death!!! Bring them to Playstation Classics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ mikedo2007 on October 16th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

@21: I’m afraid those game may never come to PS3 as PS2 classics because those games were published by EA, Activision is now the current holder of the Bond game series so we won’t see Nightfire or Everything or Nothing on the PS Store. Geez why do you hate remake of Bond Movies, I don’t see you going after From Russia with Love which EA did. What’s wrong with Blood Stone? What about Goldeneye: Reloaded? What about Quantum of Solace? About Everything or Nothing, that game didn’t quite excite me a lot.

+ steev0141 on October 16th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

and when might the store finally update?

+ alexfranco60 on October 16th, 2012 at 3:59 pm said:

What about the store update, Sony?

+ Brapp347 on October 16th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

holy crap, I wanna play playstation all stars sooo bad, please update the store!!

+ swisstylez on October 16th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

where is the playstation store Update??? it’s already 7 and I’m still waiting =( ……..

+ PoppaWheelie on October 16th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

Seems like they should rename the program *Day 1 (or maybe 2) Digital*… It really doesn’t need to be so hard. Stage your updates on Monday, so that all you have to do is push a button at midnite every Tuesday morning. You talk on this site about managing expectations, but you don’t actually manage expectations. Every week it’s a craps shoot as to what time the store will update. Sometimes Noon, sometimes 9 PM. I call shenanigans. When I go to Best Buy or Gamestop to pick up a major release – they open at 10, and they have a copy ready to sell. The way you are currently doing things, you will not compete, or even offer a viable alternative to brick and mortar until you do away with physical media – so you might as well do away with programs like your *Day 1 Digital* because the expectation you are setting up is one of getting the game right away. When every Tuesday comes around and nobody knows when the store will update until it HAS updated – that’s another example of expectations not being managed.

+ alexfranco60 on October 16th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

Where is it? Whereeee???

+ alexfranco60 on October 16th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

@27 you are DA man!

+ swisstylez on October 16th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

@27 I totally agreeee with you, they should at least let us pre-load the content so that we don’t have to be waiting he whole day T_T.. and btw that 007 game looks really bad..

+ PoppaWheelie on October 16th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

I was really looking forward to playing some Doom today on my day off. Sadly, I pre-ordered on PSN because I liked the idea of having it on my HDD, and PSN has been on a bit of a roll the last several weeks. Now it’s time to pick up my 4 year old from day-care, and I won’t have an opportunity to spend more than 10 minutes or so at a time with my PS3 until next week, soooo thanks for having such a reliable system in place. Should’ve just bought it at Best Buy – lesson learned.

+ Brapp347 on October 16th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

omg I got the pasbr beta, just do a search all you’ll find it.

+ davionwalker22 on October 16th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

i only care about playstation all stars

+ LUGIEZ on October 16th, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

Awesome, when can I get my hands on this one? Release date info? Looking forward to going back in Bond history with this game, looks real intriguing.

+ LUGIEZ on October 16th, 2012 at 6:31 pm said:

Aah, nevermind, I just searched and found it on IGN, however their review was not particularly glorifying! Why were the only good James Bond games on a Nintendo system??? I still want to check this out, but we’ll see.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 14th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

I love Bond movies but I’ve never played the video games. I’m wary of any movie that’s been turned into a video game usually there’s always something lacking, but having watched this trailer – which I’m not conpletely sold on – makes me think it time to give the video games a shot despite the mixed reviews. Happy 50th Anniversary!!!