PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Frobisher Says! is Free for PS Vita October 23rd

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Oct 16, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

CheechStirSoups

As we continue to create more exciting applications and services for you to enjoy on your PS Vita, we‘re looking forward to introducing you to an interactive game we’ve crafted with you in mind – Frobisher Says!. This quirky party game, available exclusively on PS Vita, will make its debut on October 23rd.

Obey the rowdy and childish demands of a peculiar little man named Frobisher. You may find yourself poking otters with sticks, delivering puddings, drawing on eggs or smiling at ladies. With Frobisher, anything is possible.

The application is composed of more than 50 fast-paced minigames, each unique in style and designed specifically to change alongside the art as the games move along. Frobisher Says! is intended for you to use the full range of features the PS Vita has to offer, such as front and rear touchscreen, six axis motion sensor to manipulate the game’s environment, and the front and rear cameras to create augmented reality.

Up to eight players can play these crazily entertaining games in addition to the single-player mode. Be sure to check out Frobisher Says! when it becomes available as a free download on the PlayStation Store next Tuesday, October 23th.

59 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

No video? its nice that its free but i’d like to actually see the game.

+ pinkjelly88 on October 16th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Asia too?

+ DZORMAGEN on October 16th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Will the game have trophies?

+ vanwinkle on October 16th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

@Ryumoau, there’s probably plenty of videos on Youtube. The game has been out in EU for months.

+ GamFreak146 on October 16th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Excellent news! And since you know everybody is wondering this… Will it have trophies? Thanks!

+ aro52 on October 16th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Nice to see this finally releasing, after being one of the first things talked about at the Vita (or should I say NGP) announcement.

+ Strathmore on October 16th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Can’t download it. As a Plus member I’ve already capped the 100 apps/titles the Vita can display. 100-app-cap-crap.

+ DrApollo on October 16th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

Very good! I’ll be picking up my Vita on the 30th along with ACL. I’ll be sure to download this immediately. I assume this is a Plus addition?…But I don’t see that mentioned.

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

@4 i shouldn’t have to go out of my way to learn about these games. They should embed videos in the articles themselves. Can’t be that hard.

But i’ll check it out anyway.

+ Gorvi on October 16th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

Wow, free is always nice. I can remember hearing mediocre things about the game when it came out with the Vita in Europe, but for free, well, who can complain? OK, people on the internet can complain, I take that back, but still, this is nice to see.

+ Teflon02 on October 16th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

DrApollo, the game says FREE not FREE for PS Plus users.
Now questions
1. Trophies?
2. Online up to 8 players?
3. No launch trwiler?

+ Teflon02 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

@Ryu, why do people think they are obligated to these things, someone said the same thing moments ago on IGN. The PS3 & Vita have YouTube apps. Even so why say that, yeah they should have added a trailer or something but they don’t have to provide crap. Look at Neon Alley as a example. They didn’t even make a article for it releasing and its exclusive to PS3.

+ Budapesti on October 16th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

Great news. I’ve played this game via the EU store and it’s hilarious. Of course, I’m English myself and the humour (sorry… ‘humor’) is VERY British. Not sure how it’ll go over here in the New World! Anyhow, it’s well worth the download, especially for free.
For those asking, I don’t believe the game has trophies.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 16th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

Thank you!! Finally some more gaming to do on my Vita! I’ve been having to share it with my girlfriend though if more games keep coming out I can see myself hoarding the Vita for awhile. Haha.

+ CatatonicAlex on October 16th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

About $^#@ing time!
Been waiting for ages.

+ Fortress_Inman on October 16th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

No video, you say? Take a look at this thing.

Mark.

+ Fortress_Inman on October 16th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

With regards to Trophies. All I can ask is that you keep your eyes peeled for future announcements.

+ Ryumoau on October 16th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

@12 what are you babbling about now?

Of course they don’t have to do anything. But showing that much laziness doesn’t gain extra interest in your product.

+ trapper12 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

YES!!! Thanks Sony for making my day today! I’ve been looking out for this game to come out here in NA since Europe was able to get it on day 1 when the Vita launched over there. I’ve also been looking at gameplay vids and the mini games are funny and fun. Looks like I’m gonna be gaming on my Vita a lot next week along with Street Fighter X Tekken and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz. CAN’T WAIT!!!

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on October 16th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Size of the game? People wanna know.

+ FORMIK on October 16th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

I’ve heard good things about this game from a friend in the UK!

PLEASE CONSIDER MY REQUEST:
Frobisher Says, Treasure Park, Paint Park, and Wake Up Club should:
- all have “Park” in the title
- all have trophies like Welcome Park (the game that comes with the PS Vita).
- All be categorized in the PS Store in a way that they are seen the moment you enter the PS Store.
Why do all this? Because they highlight the Vita in different ways, are free, would follow a theme (Vita Park series), and if they had trophies, would be a great way to get new players into trophy hunting (a great PlayStation feature).

+ Teflon02 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

@17
Ironic isn’t it. Your laziness is what makes you say this though. “i shouldn’t have to go out of my way to learn about these games.” then say it shows the laziness of sonys employee? Talk about contradiction lol. It took me half a second to open the youtube app on my vita and check it out. Why can’t you? All I see from your comments are complaints like your some spoiled like kid. Some are correct and I agree, but some are just ridiculous like this. What are you complaining about? I don’t get it… Laziness that your clearly guilty of or a lack of videos which youtube has? As you can see I asked for a Launch Trailer, but I’m not complaining saying I shouldn’t have to look for it. It’s a FREE game to make it worse, talk about ungreatful

+ Betorro on October 16th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Trophies?
DLC?

+ FORMIK on October 16th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Also, this and all Park games should have a leaderboard and challenges to send friends. Though I admit, this would be tough to do for Wake Up Club, as well as implementing trophies for essentially an alarm app. But come on, be creative and all for a pattern of similar games to become a series exclusive to the Vita!

That is all.

+ Teflon02 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Sry I mean @18 or which ever number Ryu is, it changed while I was writing

+ personausermike on October 16th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

I’m a Trophy Hunter, so I’m on an International trophy site (I don’t think I can post external links you can search for one fo the 2 main PS3 trophy sites. One even has a topic on Vita games with no trophies), but the UK version that’s been out for a while has NO trophies, so I very much doubt they will answer you. If it did, they would answer to increase the amount of downloads, but with the ‘mystery’ more people may download. Short answer: No Trophies.

+ Teflon02 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

@FORMIK
Tbat would be nice, have em all titled like Frobisher Park etc. And have trophies, tbough I think only Frobisher and Treasure Park should add trophies, the others just seem to much of a force. But they should be in a category like PS Vita Park Essentials or something like that

+ helbertpina on October 16th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Great news! October=AWESOME for PlayStation gamers! Keep ‘em coming! =D

+ snakeeyes211 on October 16th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Will the game have trophies?

+ FriedConsole on October 16th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

I wonder if a PS3 application is announced that cures cancer and eliminates world hunger, would the first post ask if it had Trophies?

+ Fortress_Inman on October 16th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Hiya. In reply to the requests for an answer to:

“Will The Game Have Trophies”

I’d ask that you be patient after launch and keep an eye out for future announcements.

+ saskamazon on October 16th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

that’s great news … I really like mini games on portables & free too – bonus ! thanks. having a blast with Sunflowers.

+ m_ruiz on October 16th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Nice. This game is pretty fun…made a EU account just to play it ;) Will you be bringing Ecolibrium to US PSN as well? I sure hope so.

+ dh4645 on October 16th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

i would hope it has trophies…it’s not a mini, so it should

hopefully us ps+ members start getting some good stuff for our vitas just like we do with the ps3. i actually have so many free games still to play and not enough time…and now that MoH, KZ HD, NFS MW & BLOPS 2 are all out within a month….aahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ GranpireV on October 16th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this… :D

+ lisatsunami on October 16th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Yay, more Vita content.

In reply to Budapesti, I think most of us “Yanks” appreciate British humor. If not for that, your spate of comedians like Ricky Gervais would never have become successful if he had to limit himself to the home crowd. Carl Pilkington is my favorite Englishman.

I’ll download this game.

+ detictiveconan on October 16th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Will there be a demo? :P

+ bwhitlat on October 16th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Don, when is “Wake-up Club” going to come out for us?

It was mentioned for summer in your blog post here a few months back.

Thanks for Frobisher Says coming out though, hooray!

+ JeffsonP_US on October 16th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Nice! Now waiting for Wake-up Club and Ecolibrium.

@37 Demo for a FREE game? What’s the point?

+ Mauro_19900 on October 16th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Add Me Please:
Mauro_19900

+ Poozilla024 on October 16th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Im sure you can find plenty on this game since its been out in Europe almost since launch.

+ aelurio1980 on October 16th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

I wanted picotto knight.

+ SHAKATAK12 on October 16th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Cool app. Still waiting for wake up club. Does anyone know when its coming to canada. I hope it wont take long. I love my vit and im always happy fr new content, but i need wake up club. Before they release anything else, they should release wake up club.

+ SHAKATAK12 on October 16th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

My ps store didnt update yet. Its still last weeks new stuff. Any body know why?

+ Elvick_ on October 16th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

@42: It’s coming. No date yet. Follow GungHo for info on it.

Anyhoo, FINALLY. Sheesh. SCEA is slow with this stuff.

+ Shatgan on October 16th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Freee?? I love free stuff:)

+ Shatgan on October 16th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

btw if it has no trophies it is not usefull to me.

+ BrendanCBear on October 16th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

So-so free stuff. I haven’t heard of this game, so I’ll give it a try next week.

NA still needs to see Ecolibrium, though SCEA. I would love to see the T@g app, too! :D

+ Xoombie503 on October 16th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

i want my money back

+ DarkZenRitual on October 16th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

If its free, its garbage, jus like table hockey.

PAGE 1 2