PS4-Watch_Dogs

Take a Look Inside the New PlayStation Store

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 17, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Last week we gave you a sneak peek of the completely redesigned PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3. Along with the re-imagined user interface, we added predictive search and improved filtering to make finding content easier and faster. The new store also offers more in-depth information about games, add-ons and apps, as well as movies and TV shows, letting you browse and discover new types of content effortlessly.

The redesigned PlayStation Store launches in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Brazil on October 23. In the meantime you can get a taste of what’s coming in this walkthrough video:

The new PlayStation Store for PS3 was designed from the ground up to enhance the entire user experience based on the feedback we received from you, our loyal fans.

Watch the video and tell us what you think!

Please note: This video was created using a near-final version of the new PlayStation Store. Some content, categories, or pricing may be different than the Store you’ll experience next week.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ Martster45 on October 20th, 2012 at 6:24 am said:

sounds like a great new way to buy and view all PSN NETWORK merchandise. Sounds great , keep up the good work Sony.

+ shady965X on October 20th, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

looks awesome !

+ CigarelloFiend on October 23rd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

WELL DONE PSN TEAM U GUY NEVER LET ME DOWN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

+ YoungDavid77 on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

No update on the new store, why does Sony doesn’t tell us what time are the update

+ Snakegirl3434 on October 24th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

I was wondering if there will be a way I can change the way content is displayed while I’m browsing the new store, something similiar to the View Mode in the current store. I understand How utilizing the space for pictures may help some, but sometimes I like to scroll down a neat list to find what I’m looking for. I would very much appreciate it if this feature was included into the new store.

+ Snakegirl3434 on October 24th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Also please don’t force us to use the vertical (or horizontal) keyboards, it takes so long to search for something I just want to be able to use the on screen keyboard as well as a physical one I can plug in. You don’t need to look like xbox live to compete with it. Just give us an option to bring up the regular keyboard.

+ IXxBossxXI on October 26th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

is the vita gonna get this update? would really be a smart idea to completely change the look and feel across all platforms instead of just the ps3.

+ darkblade188 on October 31st, 2012 at 2:15 pm said:

i cant download it for some reason please reply

+ RambleOnLesPaul on November 1st, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

How do you get the new store? I still have the old version. Thanls

+ chayandiaz on November 1st, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

How do I get the new playstation store on my ps3 I live in America and I still dont have this new store and its november 1

+ ATOWNFINEST on November 1st, 2012 at 11:43 pm said:

WOW… That is crap! I mean that because come on… it is crap, it’s cheap bi product of xbox 360 dashboard systems and nintendo wii shop channel. I for one expect more from sony entertainment .

+ D-Squad3 on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Finally experienced the new store and it sucks

Where are the tabs for new releases? New avatars? New themes?

The loading is horrendous. It stutters, the framerate isn’t stable. OMFG

+ austinj78 on November 3rd, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Sorry this is slow and not user friendly at all. I like the old one better, it wasn’t as pretty but it sure did get the job done.

+ Dark-link01 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

the old store was 100% better.

+ WarGolem2011 on November 6th, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

Here is some of my graphic design feed back, graphic designer to graphic designers. Once I get into the store Im greeted by a mundane, over simplified, monotonous web store. I’ve noticed you’ve moved the media together with that games, if not a level higher. From what i have been seeing as I wonder around the store I find the design is much to dark. There is a fade with words on it as the nav-bar and honestly it takes away from the color and luminosity of the design as a whole. However expanding the pictural ads out at the click of the right button was a nice change and i enjoyed that change quite a bit. Its much easier to find new things or see whats going on the network without needing to dig much at all. Overall I know what i have said wont change much. Even though its new Sony, its honestly mundane. Any kid with only 1 years experience in basic graphics design class could have made this design for you. Im just hoping your graphics design didn’t rip you off for this average design.

+ WarGolem2011 on November 6th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

Also like others have stated above. It is slightly slow and laggy. Functionality is always more important then being fancy. At least everything I learned taking web design told me so. I hope you guys revert back to the old store

+ WarGolem2011 on November 6th, 2012 at 5:28 pm said:

Also playstation plus banner is much much to big and I can hardly see one row of games in the free games section. Feels like you trying to make it impossible to read them

PAGE 1 4 5 6