Bloodborne

Make a Mess of Your PS3 with Germinator

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Oct 19, 2012 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey gang – I’m back to announce a great new game that features a killer twist on the bubble genre. Something messy and contagious is festering in suburbia, and there’s only one hero who can save the day: The Germinator!

No more of that old school Match-3. While three of a kind won’t help you in Germinator, you will need to crash your germ bubbles into those of the same color. Upon collision, they’ll combine and grow, GROW, GROW until they POP — gooey, splotchy, splattering pops. Be sure to pop them quickly before they get too big and overrun the house. Timing and accuracy is the key to preventing the various germs from rising too high.

Germinator features a crazy cast of multi-colored bubble germs with their own personalities and traits. Making them pop the right way triggers combos to explode them all and make a mess of your screen. Dozens of levels and power-ups will keep you coming back to clean house. Local multiplayer lets you battle your friends or the AI.

Toss in PlayStation Move motion controller support and full 1080p visuals, and you’ve got a messy good time!

Expect to see Germinator clean up the PlayStation Store in late 2012 or early 2013. You can also get more updates and info by following us on Twitter @CreatStudios and @GerminatorGame, and like us on Facebook. We’re thrilled to share the latest addition to our PlayStation Network catalog! We love what we do, and we couldn’t do it without all of you. Please send your thoughts and suggestions our way!

+ GribbleGrunger on October 19th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

I’ve never heard of this game before but it does look pretty interesting. Any news on price?

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Hi GribbleGrunger!

You never heard of it before because we’ve just announced it to the world. You’re the first person to EVER post a reply about it!

Price hasn’t been decided yet, but don’t worry. It will be on the lower end.

+ mJ_mSv on October 19th, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

Looks very intresting, I hope you consider a Vita version aswell, as it looks like a game wich could fit it well :)

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Thanks, mJ_mS! Vita is being discussed. Stay tuned for more announcements.

+ dFUSE on October 19th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Looks great! I love Creat games. Is there a press kit for this one with the logo? /dFUSE from PSMania

+ Jaylaf on October 19th, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

I love Create games too! And this isn’t the only one that would be great to play on Vita. Magic Orbz and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom are a couple that I’d love to see come to Vita as well.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

Thanks, Jaylaf. There’s lots of talk here about Vita, so stay tuned.

+ IcedDice777 on October 19th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

I was wondering what happened to you guys at CREAT Studios. Got most of your studios’ games, The last game i bought from you guys was pinballistik on psn. Most definitely picking Germinator when it’s ready AND thank you for adding Move support.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

That’s so cool, IcedDice777! We so appreciate that you’ve picked up most of our games. Which ones do you enjoy the most?

Please let us know what you think of Germinator. We find the game is especially fun with the Move!

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Hey everyone! If you want to see some gameplay, check out http:///www.youtube.com/CreatStudiosVideos. There’s a few examples of how the game looks in action, with more to come.

+ Skrawney on October 19th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Looks pretty cool, like bust a move meets dr. mario.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Skrawney wine the prize for best “Hollywood”-style description! That’s a great way to describe it. Hope you enjoy it once it launches.

+ IcedDice777 on October 19th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Thanx for replying scott. Cuboid, Magic Orbz and Mahjong Tales are my favorites followed closely by mushroom wars and pinballistik.
You know…creat studios have yet to jump on the point and click genre.

When i was a whipper-snapper i played some awesome point and click games on my NES. Shadow Gate, Deja vu and uninvited were great games. Creat Games could expand their gaming portfolio by taking on the horror point and click genre. Hint, hint.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Thanks for the suggestions, IcedDice! We’re always looking into new genres to explore. You should hear the animated discussions our designers have over lunch. I’ll send your ideas their way today and see what they think.

+ Motherboop on October 19th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

I was wondering what happened to the folks over at Creat! Glad to see they are still bringing us these addicting little titles! Can we get a platinum trophy for this one, pretty please?

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

We’re still here, Motherboop, and working away. We have plenty more coming soon, so stay tuned. Anything in particular you’d like to see?

I’m not sure about the Platinum Trophy. Let me check with the team and find out what I can.

+ Motherboop on October 19th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

A new Magic Orbz game with 4-player option and online!

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

Thanks, Motherboop! I’ll pass it along.

+ shogun00 on October 19th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

It’s look more like Bust-A-Move with Mucinex’s mascot (google it) to me.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

shogun00, we agree that Germinator has its roots in Bust-A-Move, just like all the other bubble popping games out there. We love them as much as everyone, and some of us remember playing Bust-A-Move back in the arcade days.

That said, we pushed ourselves to bring something unique to the bubble-popping genre, from silly characters to the combination-growth style of game play. If you haven’t checked out our game play videos yet, you can see them at http://youtube.com/CreatStudiosVideos.

We would love to know what you think!

+ JetSetFuture on October 19th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

This will look absolutely disgusting in 1080p! And I mean that in the best possible way.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

I like how you think, JetSetFuture. We look forward to everyone making a mess of their screens when the game launches.

+ shogun00 on October 19th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

@ Scott: I should note that my comment wasn’t meant to sound negative.

I like Bust-A-Move and this game looks fantastic. The germs just remind me of the Mucinex commercials for some reason.

+ Scott Hyman on October 19th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

No worries, shogun00. It wasn’t taken that way at all! We’re very proud of our humble contribution to the bubble-popping genre.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 19th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Vita plz

+ Winterwolf2010 on October 19th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Looks awesome! This game looks to be right up my wife’s alley. I am sure she will love it. May be a day one purchase for us once it’s available. :) Sorry if I missed it if it was in there somewhere, but if not, any information on the price? Also looking forward to a possible Vita release as well.

P.S. Love the integration with the move controller as well. :D

+ tusunami on October 19th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

This is a very quirky title yet i’m curious about the title,And i will possibly get this.

+ Shatgan on October 19th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

Looks like it could be run easily in the Vita too :)

+ plaztiksyke on October 19th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Move and 1080p native rendering? Awesome.

Are the animation assets also 1080p native, or are they scaled up?

Also, will the audio be 24-bit and/or losslessly compressed?

My husband and I loved Magic Ball/Orbz, Cuboid, and a few of the other games as well (Mecho Wars is our current favorite mini to play on Vita, along with Where is my heart? and Gameocracy: Legend of Robot.) Most of the rest (Hamster Ball, Terrover, Scary Girl, etc) we found to be not up to the standards set with the first PSN releases.

+ TwinDad on October 19th, 2012 at 2:36 pm said:

I loved hamster ball (kids do too) and terrover. I don’t mind quick action games, but there is something about a puzzler. The family sitting on the sofa and discussing the puzzle, good times.

+ devilmosh on October 19th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

This game looks fantastic! I’ll be all over it. Creat games never disappoint. I’m especially hooked on Cuboid, Magic Orbz, and Hamster Ball, well most.

One thing that’s been bugging me that perhaps you could answer: Is Pinballistik dead in the water? I’d love to see more tables for that.

+ Elvick_ on October 19th, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

Man, if Magic Orbz came to PS Vita with cross save… I’d probably finally pass the levels I’ve been stuck at forever.

Not sure about this game, but thanks for supporting Move and in general the PS3.

+ Jak23ft on October 19th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

Ooh! It looks like you’re replying to everyone! Reply to me!
*Sits patiently awaiting reply*

+ GhostMachine1 on October 19th, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

This game looks awesome. It also helps when developers take the time to reply to their fans. Day one buy.

+ GhostMachine1 on October 19th, 2012 at 9:44 pm said:

BTW, I love Mushroom Wars!

+ Shark2Brasil_ on October 20th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

I would like to apologize for things that perdir told Previous mind about the Company.
I only said those things because he had lost the My-’s Playstation Network.
I really apologize to the user and SONY

+ ForeverGreen2652 on October 21st, 2012 at 2:01 am said:

I dont own any Creat games as of now but this looks insanely fun and addictive! Definately picking this up when it comes out.