Bloodborne

Update on the New PlayStation Store

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 19, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

New PlayStation Store

As you may know, we launched the new PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 earlier this week in Australia, New Zealand and several countries in Europe. Although the new PS Store is operating smoothly in most countries, there have been some issues that caused inconvenience for users.

While we’ve already solved many of these issues, we’ve decided to postpone the October 23rd launch of the new store in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. We want to be certain that you have an exceptional experience with the new store, so we appreciate your patience as we complete the final phases before launch.

We’ll update you as soon as a new release date has been set. Until then, the existing PS Store will be fully operational with the game, movie and TV content that you enjoy today.

Thanks again for your patience.

+ kingslayer1000 on October 20th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

that’s disappointing

+ antimatter98 on October 20th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

Why is it that the United States is always facing issues with PlayStation Network services and other things, when Europe is always completely fine?

+ Ivan9908 on October 20th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

Looks cool, more like Xbox. :P

+ jhernandez360 on October 20th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

This is just unexceptable! I bet it has to do with Resident evil being free for plus!!!!

+ T40Rs731N on October 20th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

As someone said before, ADD PAYPAL, i hate VISA.

+ crazy_kracker1 on October 20th, 2012 at 3:38 pm said:

Not surprising see you sometimes at the end of next year maybe. lol

+ Elvick_ on October 20th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

@85: Not everything is still in the store. Like Ape Quest. So you HAVE to find it in the download list.

@96: You can, but it will be moderated until It’s checked. So It’s not worth it.

+ Twenty8thTime on October 20th, 2012 at 3:59 pm said:

Screw a store redesign, give us a PSN redesign.

+ strongwoods on October 20th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

well well surprise surprise

NOT!

How typical of Sony I think there tech staff has a few cracks in their high-tech expert staff! I would luv it if on actual new store release we get a special pack known as “Welcome Pack” where we get demos, themes, avatars, and or games

+ JamesDRobbins on October 20th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

its cool and all but my ? is when are we all meaning all Regions! going to get the same treatment like EU got a bunch a cool and better stuff for ps+ like red dead,bullet storm etc why can we all not get the same thing? Also their needs to be more demos! not trials!

+ DoN_OmAr146 on October 20th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

finally had to be that with the whole system changes the way inside and playstation store….. (y)

+ JPMCH on October 20th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Hi Morgan Haro, I just want to ask about the Sonic Adventure 2 Premium Theme issue, it was supposed to be for free with the purchase of Sonic Adventure 2 (it also applies to NiGHTS) and Kristine Steimer told me that you were fixing this, so what happened? Thank you

+ noshade15 on October 20th, 2012 at 8:30 pm said:

I’m so looking forward to this new store!!! Just give a “Beta” so that we can give you feed back before launch ;)

+ Dr_Awesome81 on October 20th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

I’ll reserve judgement on this but I’m not exactly liking what I’m seeing here. Once I select a category will there still be a coherent list of what’s available by subcategory or will I be forced into picking content from a bunch of over sized boxes like this main page? I have a great dislike for all these interfaces popping up that feel the need to shove everything into awkward boxes.

+ PlatinumAura on October 20th, 2012 at 10:00 pm said:

Take your time. Kind of weird to announce then delay but whatever it’s jsut a store. I bought some stuff through the sale (awesome sale btw) and I have to admit I didn’t find it difficult to shop. I guess I don’t care either way.

+ marfox on October 20th, 2012 at 11:42 pm said:

Can you guys make it so that we can read reviews on things in the PS Store that people have rated? That would be really helpful :)

+ Nitrosonic0 on October 21st, 2012 at 1:54 am said:

@ 111
that’s right! I ( of course just look at my avatar!! ) also bought SA2 and did not get a dynamic theme for free. Morgan, can you fix this problem because SEGA said on their website that if SA2 or NiGHTS is purchased, then you get a dynamic theme for free. Just check the website yourself.

hmm… having Plus makes me feel powerful… he he he

+ Floofykins on October 21st, 2012 at 4:36 am said:

havent been able to add funds since the new store was put in in australia

+ iCandyBunny on October 21st, 2012 at 5:05 am said:

are we getting resident evil 5 gold edition free for plus subscribers? i see it in the photo and it makes me very happy if its true.

+ sankofa2345 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

why cant i be Eligible to use my credit card in barbados to add funs on psn store

+ Matos2014 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Good Morning, The quando.pois psn back up the message that informs the old psn would be ok, and that’s not true, I can not connect to the store, not even to play in sony online.espero that respect as consumers and offer a free play or even a month in plus. I have two accounts one American and one Mexican, where the Mexican is plus, ie I pay a service not enta online, that’s not fair

+ SpyTech35 on October 21st, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

I dont suppose the LEGO games will becoming to PS Store? I’ve only found one or two thus far =(

+ meus6 on October 21st, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Good Bye Playstation! You had so much potential but lost me with my Movies that I cannot redownload if my playstation messes up a lack of entertainment and just plain oversight on what the PS3 could have been. I thought I would never say this but I am switching.

+ Saul_Aguilar_Jap on October 21st, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

What was wrong with the old style? The only reason why I still turned on my PS3 was to browse the PSN store. Looks like I won’t be turning on my PS3 anymore. PC>NES>PS3

+ EvilAngelSora on October 21st, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Good creator, I cannot wait for this update. It’s a shame that it has been delayed, however I’m very glad to hear that Sony is taking the correct path and fixing the issues before releasing it. I’m just hoping that it all gets fixed by the 30th – Tuesday. I always count down the days for every PSS update. Sony has never let me down with their decisions, why start now? Keep up the great work!

+ GanstaKilla85 on October 21st, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

The picture looks amazing of the new store , cant wait ! I REALLLLLLLY do appreciate everything that sony does and will do for the future for us gamers , THANK YOU!

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 21st, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

@ Elvick_: Okay, so for that 1% of items that isn’t still in the store, you’re stuck going through your DL list. But I really doubt the vast majority of people that are complaining are trying to find Ape Escape, and my point is completely valid for anyone but those people. Also as I said in my second point, they can and most likely will be updating the search functions and download list now that the store is HTML5, so it solves the problem for even that 1%.
Either way, this update wasn’t going to change the download list, so people shouldn’t be getting their panties in a bunch over the delay.

+ MaKTaiL on October 21st, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

The new store is finally live in the UK and Italy. No problems so far.
There is no reason to delay this to us anymore. Release it already!

+ The_Dukenator on October 21st, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

@54 Had that problem with Sly, thus changed to Bentley. As long as its different elsewhere,just the blog doesn’t always update it correctly. As for the credit card, did you contact support?

@102 Not quite. Xbox dashboard doesn’t have the list on the left.

@123 And you don’t play games on it? I look at PSN store for demos and such to download, same with XBL store.

@52 @4 Load up your PS3 browser to try out PS3 portal beta.

@22 Not quite. Even the Xbox one has issues.

@65 Not sure if it’ll happen, but could be a possibility.

@78 Not at this time. Note the reply to Comment #3

@33 “And how did anyone think it was a good idea to make people go through a complete checkout procedure to download a free demo??” It adds it to your download history so you can re-download the demo when its no longer on the store.

@35 I agree. I only play the xbox and ps3 just for the games, not care about the dashboard & xmb look. Same with the stores.

@49 Download list is under account management.

@43 They said that about Xbox 360 as well.

@39 @95 Won’t happen since the old system wouldn’t be compatible with the new one.

@22 @26 Blah blah blah. Heard it all before over the years, just drop it.

+ The_Dukenator on October 21st, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

@121 Did you try looking for the discs of those LEGO games?

+ buddymanna on October 21st, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

No problem, take your time. Take all the time you need.

+ cannonsoldier on October 21st, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

so will there be new add-on content for games

+ Rocky_3000 on October 21st, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Looks sick, can’t wait for the launch!

+ Marky360 on October 21st, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

Well I’m not upset about the new update being ready as I think the current store is fine and this new update seems unnecessary and will just serve to confuse ppl of where things are on the store.

+ The_Dukenator on October 21st, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

@131 It depends on the companies if they want to do addons for their games.

+ kingdomkiller3 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

I like the new dashboard for the store but its going to get me confused with the vita one now. the vita is still going to have the blue old school look then while the ps3 is getting the cool black slick look. I just think it would look amazing on the vita as well or maybe even better with the touch controls.

+ Elvick_ on October 21st, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

@128: You do realize that the current way we download demos adds it to our download list already right? Thus, they’re adding MORE steps for literally the exact same thing.

+ Elvick_ on October 21st, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

@126: Oh hush. Read my other comments and you’d know that I think people are being ridiculous, but this update sucks regardless. The one thing that is horrible about this store they didn’t even bother to touch in the new one. That should have been a key new feature added. Not an afterthought, especially not after years and years of people complaining about it.

“adding it later” isn’t good enough for a feature that people have been waiting years to have. -.-

Sony dropped the ball. Admit it. Sony dropping the ball and people overreacting are not mutually exclusive. Both happened.

+ biggunner7 on October 21st, 2012 at 10:41 pm said:

Nice to see your not pushing something out that is not finished yet,But next time please don’t show something off that is not finished.

+ Vanillamagic on October 22nd, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

I do have a few issues with the new store.

I got a chance to actually play with the new store this morning and its pretty, but I have a few concerns with the store:

- I know its apart of advertising, but like the 360 dashboard, way to many ads. Seems harder to get to what I’m looking for. The ads before, scrolled in one section and didn’t seem to over power what you were looking for.

-there is no game list. (Like A-Z)If like I wanted castlevania, I would have to use the search option and do it that way not just go to the letter I need and there’s my game when I scroll down.

- and it seems very confusing that when u purchase something , the indication that u did, when u would go back out into the list , is hard to notice that u did. Before it stuck out that you had bought something, but now you have to be looking to see that it was bought.

……I mean those are a few issues I’ve noticed so far, I’m going to have to play with it some more, but even going back to the regular US store its easy to find things and flowed.. maybe a few updates to the store should have happned, but the complete overhaul just seems like way to much….

+ Cdcobos1999 on October 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

How about paypal capabilities?

+ DrAeJazZy on October 22nd, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

hey thats good and all but when is we r goings to get a new dashboard and a web browser this 1 we have is gettn a liittle old not to be rude to mt favorite game company sony.

im a ps gamer for all enternity

+ Vanillamagic on October 22nd, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

I also made another discovery today playing around with the store, besides things are hard to find. like there is no A-Z to choose your game, and then get all the stuff from there. Uhm you go into a game, and its a demo it lists ” “trial and key” for free…. and this was on things like Hell Yeah! and CSV:HoD…. which i know you have to pay for these games. So i was very confused as to what was going on. I bought it, and THEN it changed over in the section for the game that you could buy it. and that seemed really stupid to me.. and what if you wanted to just straight up buy the game, you still have to go the long way to buy it. that just seems really off to me. but the trial and key is really going to throw people off if it isnt explained.

+ LeagedGamer on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:14 am said:

wheres the DLC for dark souls

+ candbinal1211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

as long as GTA SA gets in to the PSN the new store can take as loooong as it needs

+ ANIR0X2K00L on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:02 am said:

Very nice interface. Sony please make the rest of the interface like this too. If the ps3 looks like what the new store is then it would be much better than xmb. Me personally always loved the XBOX 360 interface but got a ps3 as i found it to be better. The new interface in the store makes it better than XBOX so please replace xmb with this.

+ KsA_3zOz_PrO on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

after i download the update i canot add funds to my account ): it give me ( error 56 ) how to solve it ??

+ byron969 on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

I can’t find themes or avatars on the new store. Help?

+ YoungDavid77 on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

today is the day but it’s the same old store, the update are at 3pm but so far the store isn’t updated. you got to give us a time were the update are.

+ YoungDavid77 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

So far no answer, why they just give us a time for the update because we would like to know.