PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

God of War: Ascension: New Trailer, Rise of the Warrior, Early Beta Access

Todd Papy's Avatar + Posted by Todd Papy on Oct 22, 2012 // Game Director, God of War: Ascension

Like God of War

God of War: Ascension

It’s been a little over a month now since we announced the God of War: Ascension Beta and we know you’ve been anxiously awaiting news on when you’re going to get a chance to slash, disembowel, and crush your way into the pantheon of Olympus…

The God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta is coming to PlayStation Plus this winter. Keep reading to find out the only other way to get in, and how to get in early.

Some of our fans have already had the chance to play the Desert level of our new multiplayer mode at E3, Gamescom, and PAX. However, the multiplayer action has come a long way since then and this winter, Plus subscribers get to go hands-on with all-new multiplayer action that we haven’t yet shown. If you’ve been following the Ascension news thus far, you know that in God of War Multiplayer, each warrior will align themselves with one of four Gods. Each God will grant a different set of unlockable powers, armor sets, and abilities, which leads to a unique style of play for each God “class.” The first God you’ll be able to align with in the Beta will be the almighty Zeus, so to help you get ready, we have a new trailer to give you a primer on Zeus and his powers. Enjoy!

Want to learn more about Zeus? Then jump over to the brand-new GodofWar.com which just launched today to discover even more about the king of the Gods! Also, our new website is fully iOS and Android compatible, so check it out on your phone or tablet too!

Info about Ascension, the God of War series, and Kratos isn’t the only thing you’ll find on the new GodofWar.com though. You’ll also find the only way to get into the Beta if you’re not already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, and the only way to get into the Beta at least a week before everyone else: The Rise of the Warrior.

God of War: The Rise of the Warrior

The Rise of the Warrior is a new social experience on GodofWar.com. You’ll live out your warrior’s journey in an epic new graphic-novel style story. You will embark on a quest for redemption that leads you toward becoming the next Champion of the Gods.

It gives you the opportunity to align with either the Spartans or the Trojans and compete via a number of social challenges to earn your army a week of exclusive early access to the Beta this winter, and 30 days of PlayStation Plus. And that’s just the first of multiple major army rewards between now and March! If an epic new God of War story and early Beta access aren’t enough for you – you’ll also be able to earn early in-game unlocks for God of War: Ascension multiplayer to get a head-start on the competition, along with exclusive multiplayer weapons and armor for everyone who rises to Champion of the Gods! So get over to GodofWar.com and start your journey in Rise of the Warrior.

Start getting pumped everyone, we’ve got much, much more God of War: Ascension content coming between now and March 12th, so stay tuned! Remember to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook, and if you haven’t already, pre-order today!

93 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Crazy-Maisy on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

Take the “www.” off of the link and it’ll resolve to the correct site.

In Chrome I chose to begin using Google login, but I get

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.1.19

+ gamehead_761 on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

This is gonna be amazing. im looking forward to this game

+ Bcrazyman on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

HEY CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! FREE! BETA!
TOOD PAPPY ANY WORD ON A DISCOUNT FOR US PS+ MEMBERS?
ALSO ANY WORD OF A BUNDLES? PS3 OR VITA?
ALSO IS THIS COMING TO THE VITA?
NEED TO KNOW THANKS!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! PS+ MEMBER FOREVER!

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

How do I continue going forward it sends me to Facebook but I don’t know what to do? And now it’s sending me to the PlayStation store again

+ Astro411 on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

This website is messed up, i solved one challenge and it gave me a wallpaper which i couldn’t download because it requires a user name and password, and another challenge that can’t be solved.

: (

+ KidCommando on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

The only way you can participate is with a Twitter, Facebook, or Gmail account?

That makes total sense to do a PS3 game promo but not let us sign in with our official PSN ID’s.

#lame #socialfatigue #imouttahere

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Can somebody tell me the answers to this thing is insane

+ ATFrez on October 23rd, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Every time I click on the link I get a page saying “Bad Gateway.” Why can’t I get to the site?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

1) Bah, I wanna hear about the single player, not the online.

2) WHY IN THE WORLD can’t we stay logged in? I have to login on another page (sony) to be able to post, “This is madness”. Please add a “Remember me”.

+ tusunami on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

With all the FPS shooters coming out regularly this adds a different dimensions to multiplayer never seen before. Despite what Game Journalist say this is very original indeed.

+ Manigamer on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

@42: whats the answer man ? i can’t even get past the first riddle !

“WHO ARE YOU ? ”

this puzzle is SOO HARD. do they even want us to complete this ?

+ Manigamer on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

sorry my above question was to #55: astro411

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

okay I was able to answer the first question. It gave me 100xp. What now? How do I get the prize? Am I missing something else on this page? There was one image that showed a question mark when I scrolled over the pictures? Any clarifications would be appreciated.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

@62 and all
The first is thegiver and the second is Megaera ! 200xp

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:17 pm said:

After that I’m lost I don’t know how to proceed it gives me a theme for my drop box but that’s about it and I don’t know what to do after sorry guys

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

@64 where did you get Megaera? I don’t see that in the pictures?

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

I answer the first question but it doesn’t show another riddle?

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Okay this is annoying me. I click on the scroll and then answer the question, The Giver, After that I don’t see anything else to click on anymore. So how do I answer the other questions?

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

A friend of mine put it up on Twitter and I found from Santa Monica Studios this a third! you’re supposed to get 300 XP for this chapter but I have no clue how this works I got 200 XP and that’s it

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

@68
It’s in the top right-hand corner where you see the guy’s hand reaching up

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

thanks a lot! is there another picture now?

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Okay I got 3 questions down, are there anymore?

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

@71
Santa Monica told me yes there is a third part but I have not figured it out yet sorry if I find anything else out I will post it here ;-)

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Where’s the third one?

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Can you give me the third question and answer please

+ kb4983 on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

502 Bad Gateway

This doesn’t seem like it was executed very well…

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

the third one is near the first one. Go up and right a little

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

it is diagonal to each other

+ POL_SouL on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

Can’t wait for more specific info about the BETA! Keep it coming.

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

Try Arror as the answer

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 2:58 pm said:

can follow me on Twitter @FreshRevenge if you like?

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

I meant to say Arrow

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

@81
You are being followed

+ snakeeyes211 on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

Yeah I figured out what you meant and yeah I’m following you on Twitter as well :-)

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

I just happened to get stuck with the Trojans? They are falling behind, they need to pick up the pace!

+ FreshRevenge on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

well it is off to college class but I will be watching this very carefully!

+ falcon96 on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

i have an issue trying from my android tablet…i have flash, but for my bithdate there is no way to scroll psst the first 12 options on day & year…smh

+ Eternal_Darkseid on October 23rd, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

I answer it with TheGiver but I always get an error. Dafuq?

+ Eternal_Darkseid on October 23rd, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

The Giver doesn’t work for me, this is very annoying…

+ proud2be on October 23rd, 2012 at 9:06 pm said:

This is great, play and learn about the unique characters and unlock free stuff and possibly get the beta depending on if your team wins, Go Trojans!, even though i wanted to be a spartan.hope i get the beta & 30 day ps plus.

+ ibexfire on October 26th, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

For some reason i can’t click on the first glowing book only the second and the guy in the cloak. Is it just because i am not moving the mouse in the right spot or is something wrong with the website

+ DanGerOuS-DrUiD on November 8th, 2012 at 1:26 am said:

Cool i Can’t Wait ^^)

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 19th, 2012 at 10:01 pm said:

Worth checking out if it’s still available.

PAGE 1 2