Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 26

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by James Stevenson on Oct 26, 2012 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

The 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank is coming up next month, and it’s been a lot of fun this year reliving the memories from our original PS2 games in the recently released Ratchet & Clank Collection. We also had a blast playing the beta of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault with all of you earlier this fall. Since then, we’ve gotten a flood of e-mails, tweets and Facebook posts asking when you can get back to exploring the battlefield and defending your base in FFA.

We’re happy to announce Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be available on November 27th on the PlayStation Store and at retail. That’s right, you asked and we listened: Full Frontal Assault will be available as a retail copy for those of you who love physical copies of your games! Both the download and retail versions support cross-buy as well, so your purchase gets you both the game on PS3 and a digital copy for PlayStation Vita.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

The other big question we’ve gotten a lot is “How much will the game cost?” As you know, Full Frontal Assault is a “fun-size” project that’s similar in scope to Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. But Full Frontal is actually bigger than Booty (sorry, couldn’t resist), as we’ve added tons of new features, including the new base assault and defense elements. An even bigger addition to Full Frontal Assault is the replay value we packed in with online / split-screen co-op, and online competitive modes. Most importantly, while the experience itself may be more condensed, the game quality is bursting at the seams. We’re very proud of what we’ve created.

As such, we’re especially excited to announce that Full Frontal Assault is launching for just $19.99. Considering you get a brand-new Ratchet & Clank game for your PS3 and PS Vita, with cross-save and cross-play support for the game’s co-op and competitive multiplayer, it’s a deal that’s hard to refuse.

That’s all for now! We hope you’re excited about Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault’s launch on November 27th; if you have questions, we’ll try to answer them below!

+ Ryumoau on October 27th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

@126 i wish Sony would lower the price of the memory sticks they have now. My Vita came with a 4 GB stick, but i would like to get a 32 GB one. But the pricing of around $90 is just absurd. Considering you can get a 500 GB external Harddrive for cheaper than that.

+ Nck90 on October 27th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

I love Ratchet and Clank I played em all from the PS2 days and bought the trilogy on ps3 when it came out.. now only if we could get the team to go back and give us trophies for R&C Future and Quest for booty we’d be all set .. I’d say Resistance too but I can go either way with those games an trophies.. I’ll never get the 10k kill one from number 2

+ dorkgeniuz21 on October 27th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

Unrelated to this specific game and more related to ps all-stars battle royal, I was wondering if you guys would consider talking to superbot about putting together a dev diary dvd which includes a section with all the characters ips devs talking about their process working with superbot and their respected characters etc.I would love to hear from you guys what the experience was like and what you thought when you first heard about the game etc.It would also be awesome to get a collectors addition of ps-all-stars with maybe some figurings of each character or something.

+ Saiyan-PS- on October 27th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Thanks for replying! :D

Now… let’s just hope for new AAA R&C game in a reasonable future ^,^

+ xK3Vx89 on October 27th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

I have pre-ordered NFS Most Wanted on Sept. 28 and Assassin’s Creed III on October 26. For a Total of 114.98$
So I’m eligible for the 20$ credit in November?

Thanks! (:

+ julian_480 on October 28th, 2012 at 12:46 am said:

Hey James iv’e been a long time fan of this series and i would just like to ask you a few questions

1: Could the slightly modified white dreadzone symbol on the giant transforming tank-thing hint the return of Gleeman Vox

2: Will the QForce from UYA( Quark,Skurnch,Al,Skidd,and Helga ) bemaking a Return in this game.

3: Will you guys fix the glitches in the Ratchet and Clank Collection, For starters it lookes like ratchet’s helmet is floating over his head, the music cuts off after it loops than just starts playing and it does this in every level in all 3 of the games, and you fix the wierd animation glitches that occur when using gadgets and piloting vehicles .

4: And will there possibly be a ratchet and clank game on the possible next-gen Playstation or the ” PS-Orbis” Possibly with smoother framerates and tighter graphics running at a possible 1920×1200 native resolution Possibly?

Thank for this Amazing series and regardless if this will possibly be The Last game of the series or not i’d love to see what you guys at insomniac will do next wheather its a new ip or an amazing ultra realistic Next generation Ratchet and Clank game i’l still love you guys and what you do.

+ hongthay on October 28th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Can’t wait to start playing this. I read the date wrong on another webpage and was frantically searching the store. I thought it said 10/27. Definitely buying this one. I am really looking forward to seeing how the crossplay works, as the only other title I have purchased with crossplay is SoundShapes, but I have only played that on my Vita.

I am having fun reliving the days when I started gaming with the Ratchet and Clank HD collection. The first PS2 game I ever played was Going Commando.

I still think you guys should offer a collection of all of your already released PS3 games. I would rebuy them, just because I lost one disc in the flood in Thailand, and the other when my first PS3 got a YLOD.

Insomniac, you guys are one of my favorite developers, and I am happy that you guys keep putting out quality titles. I look forward to trying your first multi-platform as well, on my PS3 of course.

+ StormTimber on October 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

i love how all the backgrounds and enemy characters look like paintings and hand drawn, but then you realize it’s in 3d!

+ babygirl942000 on October 28th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Def count on my pre order . I have always loved Ratchet and Clank,and look forward to more from you Insomniac Games.

+ Elvick_ on October 29th, 2012 at 2:24 am said:

@133: Talk to Idolminds about the Collection, they’re the ones that developed it. And I highly doubt they’ll fix anything.

+ RuinRone on October 29th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

Qwarktastic news! Pre-ordered.

Any chance we’ll ever get Size Matters or Secret Agent Clank in HD? The God of War series had great success with the PSP entries being “upgraded” for PS3. Just a thought.

+ ioanina on October 29th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

3GB, huh? Well… I would not expect such a slightly shorter R&C adventure, unless it’s quite a bit longer than the previous games so far. Please answer me this James, if you have time.

Will Full Frontal Assault receive DLC expansions in the near future? I just wish for this game to have DLC to make the game longer. Think this idea could be it? The idea of continuing Ratchet and Clank’s newest adventure via DLC? Think about it, because it would be a great idea! No… a Qwarktastic idea! Or, still, a good idea.

Earlier on, I’ve thought Quest for Booty would expand Tools of Destruction as DLC when I’ve heard about it, but, it turned out to be a standalone game later on, which I’ve enjoyed and beaten many times. Kudos on that!

+ djnealb on October 29th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

James, thanks for answering my question. Kinda bummed that Insomniac won’t add trophies to ToD & Q4B (especially since Tools already has that challenge list in the game), but a collection in the future would be great.

+ SLAYTANIC2K on November 1st, 2012 at 8:47 pm said:

when can we start pre ordering it?

+ Joshelplex on November 2nd, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

Yea. Gamestop and Best Buy still don’t have an entry on it in their system. Been about a week, would like to pre-order it.

+ XMartenousX on November 5th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

How big is the Vita version going to be? Around 2GB? Really looking forward to this game. Cross-play sounds sweet since I just bought a Vita a few days ago and love it.

+ CooperThief on November 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

How exactly do you get the Vita version from the PS3 disc?

+ tcooley2003 on November 8th, 2012 at 7:01 am said:

First I have to say this game looks amazing! Good job! It is a very good value to get both versions for $19.99.

However, I personally would have rather paid $40 dollars (To offset the Vita card cost) for a physical copy on Vita (the normal price most Vita games start as anyways) and had it include a download code for PS3. This mainly is because of the ridiculous cost of Sony’s memory cards for Vita. If the Vita version of the game is also around 3 GB like the PS3 version (this question was answered earlier), then this is a huge amount of memory to dedicate to a game when considering the price of the memory cards.

In any case, thanks for making this game and the overall great value!

+ sunbunny23 on November 10th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Hey, I wonder what will be the size of the game will be for the vita? I only have 909 MB and I’ve been planning to delete some data for this because im a huge R&C fan since 2002 and can’t wait or this game But I want to make sure I don’t delete anything TOO much and turns out i didn’t need to delete all of that. So please reply how much MB/GB it will take for this game on the vita. Thank you. :)

P.S. Played the beta and Im looking forward for this since you said that there is going to be a lot more stuff into it. thank you or sony for inviting me to the beta. :)

+ ZPunisher123 on November 12th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

Got me so excited when i read that Ratchet and Clank would be co-op and cross play. I was just about to go buy my brother a PS Vita just for that. I’m holding back on the PS Vita purchase until there are enough Cross Play titles out there me and my brother can enjoy because; to be truthful me and my bro are hard core split screen/couch gamers. But i’m getting tired of split screening all the time and he’s been more of a fan of the PSP than any other consoles or hand-helds so getting him a PS Vita which allows him to cross play with games i have on my PS3 would be awesome. A player co-op mode like in all 4 one was great for me, my bro, and my 2 cousins. We basically played all the split-screen games on ps3 made yet. As well as most couch co-ops like little big planet and tekken tag 2 and etc. Waiting for more titles like this and it would be great. I’m still trying to imagine cross playing black ops on zombies….Anyway..yeah got my hopes up there.

+ number1tab on November 15th, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

just found out about it and i need to go preorder but i havent heard nothing about it really intill now it is going to be at gamestop right???? on 11/27/12

+ Eclispe2025 on November 16th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Can’t wait, wil be preordering when it’s on psn. Any idea if a hd collection of deadlocked, size matters, and secret agent clank is in the works at least? I would love to play those again. Especially working on trophies for those. I’m still having fun with the first three. So knowing those are coming would just make my year complete.

+ nickppf on November 16th, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

I’ve always loved the Ratched and Clank series. I only keep my ps2 around for a few games including these. I would happily buy Size Matters if it was on PSN, It’s not! can you give me a straight answer why? “perhaps an exploit or something else of that ilk?” Secret agent clank is on there but I already own that one for my psp.

Yes I will be buying Full Frontal Assault, and so far it looks absolutely awesome! And any news of ps2 remakes compatible with the vita would be awesome!

Also off topic, any clue why spyro 1 and 2 is available on the jp psn but on the NA one?

+ sunbunny23 on November 17th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

@Eclispe2025 ,

size matters and secret agent clank is made by High Impact games.

@nickppf ,

Size matters is by High Impact games. They took it off because of some buisness deals and now they work on IOS games sadly. You can’t keep games on forever on the market. But if it is possible, I would like to see size matters back on. Size matters was on psn before and even the “greatest hit” titles too, But they now just suck.

+ Siggi23Smallz on November 18th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

I didn’t understand what you meant with cross buy
1. When i have the retail PS3 Version, will there just be a code for the vita version, with which i can download the vita version for free?
2. If not, how else can i get the vita version then while having the ps3 retail version?
3. Do i need to have the same PSN Account like my friend (for cross buy)
4. Can a friend, who has an other PSN Account (ps3) , share the game with me (vita, an other PSN Account), when he simply loggs in in my account?

+ Rawmone on November 20th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

When will Insomniac make a Ratchet & Clank game with the same kind of multiplayer as Deadlocked or Up Your Arsenal? Those were some of the best online experiences I’ve had in all my gaming career. More specifically the size of teams, 5v5 or 6v6…2v2 is fun and all, but I really miss getting into those big brawls. Ratchet Deadlocked is my favorite game for Playstation.

+ Laurensiossi on November 20th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Does anyone know a website where I can pre-order it? Amazon won’t deliver it at my address
And I don’t want the digital version, I want to hold it with my own hands

+ KillerCroc33 on November 20th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

what if you buy the vita version? do you get to download the ps3 one for free? or do you have to buy ps3 game to get it for vita

+ nirvanamadliz77 on November 25th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

Is this being released in uk

+ doctorSTRANG on October 26th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Will Ratchet find the other lombaxes in a future R&C tittle? Do you think its possible to someone make a more stupid question than I did?

+ sekaniy on October 26th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Now a serious question that haven’t been asked yet, Can you guys talk to Superbot and make Ratchet’s level 3 be a full RYNO with the music blasting like it did in ACiT? And change level 2 to Giant Clank? 😊😉

+ Lord_CBH on October 26th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Excellent! I absolutely can’t wait to pick this up for my Vita….That said….Can we get the Ratchet Collection on the Vita? Many of us Ratchet fans would absolutely love being able to play the games anywhere.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

That’s totally up to Sony – we’d support it if they decided to port it for sure

+ FRANKMAN1 on October 26th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Can’t wait to get it. Love you insomniac! Thanks for supporting my favorite video game series ever

+ Kchow23 on October 26th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Will we be able to preorder it from PSN? I really enjoyed a Crack in Time and my PS Vita is in desperate need of a Rachet and Clank game :)

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

If you can pre-order games from PSN, I think so!

+ Kchow23 on October 26th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

more specifically an Insomniac game!

+ Teflon02 on October 26th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

Okay I’m buying thisfor sure, glad it’s after the big weeks of release. But 2 things
The size of the vita download
And Why would you guys make the PS3 Pbysical but Vita digital only, when Vita is the one with Memory limitations? As in memory cards are expensive, I’ve had Vita since release and won’t buy a Memory Card unless it’s 32gb but I can’t afford to buy it up to this day because of the high price. On top of that, most games I can’t even get or other buy cause I only have a 4gb, youtube needs free memory to use it, I have over 10 psOne Classics, over 15 psp legacys that are over 25bg together. Point is, PS3 isn’t limited by memory and using a bluray is basically a waste of money compared to a card on vita. I know this is Insomniac but common, this makes everything worse especially with this. I just got slapped in the face basically, I’m buying vita physical for PSABR because this is a issue and I’ll get the ps3 later even if I get no cross buy.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

I think given that we are a 19.99 game, it gets prohibitive to print Vita game cards vs. blu ray discs (which are pretty cheap). Honestly not sure of all the economic decisions, but I believe that certainly plays a pretty big part in it.

It’s not a slap in the face, it’s just the reality of a smaller game, and to be honest, we think getting it on both systems for just 19.99 with a campaign, online co-op and competitive MP is a pretty sick deal.

+ Teflon02 on October 26th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Also, can we PLEASE see PS Vita gameplay or a Vita trailer, cause everytime the vita version of games arnt shown til release it seems there’s always a issue. And I hope that’s not the case cause Ratchet and Clank is one of my all time fav Series and Ratchet IMO is the real PlayStation Mascot. Also I’d love other previous Ratchets like ToD or ACiT being ported if that was cool :p

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

The Vita version is still being worked on, we will show it before launch. It’s a port of the PS3 game, so they are a little behind it in terms of being ready to show, but it should be in the weeks leading to launch

+ shadowbroly on October 26th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

$20 for a full Ratchet & Clank game! And you also get Both PS3 and Vita copies of the game that have cross play capabilities! This is insane! You have to be crazy not to buy this!

+ guitarded77 on October 26th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Cool… it has Full Frontal Trophy Support.

+ PrinceofXIII on October 26th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

awesome stuff :D

+ ItsMichael_ on October 26th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Awesome, I will definitely pick this up, and thank you insomniac for providing a physical copy. Now how about making Quest for Booty a physical copy in the U.S. as well ;)

+ Warp1280 on October 26th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

So is this going to be the last R&C ? I appreciate what u guys did with all 4 one, and this looks decent, but I can’t help feeling that it is just an obligatory 10th anniversary thing. It seems like from what I’ve seen, Insomniac is tired of R&C, and the whole “kiddy” style. I really hope you guys don’t abandon R&C. It is one of my favorite series, and I don’t want it to suffer the same fate as Spyro (UGH, Skylanders).

+ djnealb on October 26th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

This sounds great! Out of curiosity, is there any chance that Insomniac might re-release the first three PS3 games (Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and Crack in Time) as a collection? It would be even better if they finally put Trophy support on those first two.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

We won’t get trophy support in the first two honestly, but it’s possible they could get all packaged together at some point

+ Zexdus712 on October 26th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

let’s see:

$20 for a Ratchet game on my shiny new Vita? SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!!

i hope they got another RYNO this time… maybe throw in the 1812 overture of RYNO V….that’s be nice…wishful thinking though…

+ Wozman23 on October 26th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

I’m more than fine with digital distribution, but glad to see a retail release. I’ll be pre-ordering a physical copy ASAP.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

Thank you so much!

+ Saiyan-PS- on October 26th, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

Awesome news! :)

Hey, is the campaign mode exactly like the online mode? You know, the entire game is based on a Tower Defense mode? or there’s like a traditional story for us to play, just like in any other R&C game?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

A little bit of both. It’s more objective based than it is like you vs. the PC. And there is a story and cinematics. But the levels are still wide-open, you still have a base you have to defend, and you have to explore for nodes and your weapons and the objectives. But all of that is contained within the story and the story explains why you do it

Does that make sense?

+ Dragun619 on October 26th, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

Man, I have to say this is a fantastic deal. The price is just perfect for me as I move away from buying $60 titles and just keep my buying range around $20 to $30. When I read this, I said “Gat daaang”, Needless to say this will be bought day one at retail along with the R&C Collection. Perfect for the R&C itch I was getting as I play Jak & Daxter Collection.

I recently got Psn Plus too, and downloaded All 4 One, but I think I’ll also add the retail version to my cart as well. Now all we need is a R&C: Future Collection and Deadlock HD ( A Physical copy would be dope) and I’ll have the whole R&C set for PS3. haha.

+ freshprincepbg on October 26th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

I played the Beta and loved the multi-player!!

I’m a little worried about the campaign, I hope it’s not as kid-ish as All 4 One was.

+ DarkOne_PR on October 26th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

totally ignored my comment asking a bit of light for the next resistance? Not reserving ANYTHING now! Hmp!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

Wasn’t ignoring I promise. Been running all around in meetings all day, and just sort of hapazardly attacking every comment I can. Sorry about that! I responded now

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on October 26th, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

Thanks Insomniac and James for this release date I played the beta and I loved it so Consider it bought.!!! Wonder when DeadLock is coming out any Idea James?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

I think it’ll be out this year, but we’ll see. We’re trying to get it out there, but Full Frontal Assault needs some time to shine too