Far Cry 4

Assassin’s Creed III, ACIII Liberation Launch Tomorrow with PlayStation Exclusives

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Oct 29, 2012 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed III Liberation for PS Vita - box artAssassin's Creed III for PS3 - box art

The time has come, PlayStation Assassins! We are very pleased to announce that both Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III Liberation will be available tomorrow on PS3 and PS Vita, respectively.

To celebrate, we’d first like to draw your attention to our Assassin’s Creed III launch trailer, which you can watch below!

As an exciting bonus for our PlayStation Assassins, PS3 players will get day-one access to four exclusive missions at no extra cost. The bonus missions cover one of the most dastardly betrayals in American history: the treachery of Benedict Arnold! We don’t want to give too much away, but fortunately we have a trailer that goes over a few key details…

Starting tomorrow afternoon with the PlayStation Store update, PS3 owners will be able to download the four PlayStation-exclusive missions (note: you may have to play up to a certain progress point in the main game in order to actually access them). To redeem the content, access the main menu, select Extras and then Additional content, press Triangle and redeem the voucher code found in the PS3 game case.

If you own both ACIII and ACIII Liberation, you’re in for even more bonus content in the form of bonus Cross Content! For going all-in on ACIII and ACIII Liberation, you’ll instantly earn an exclusive ACIII wallpaper for your PS3! You’ll unlock even more bonuses in Liberation, including:

• Aveline can use Connor’s trademark Tomahawk
  • Special multiplayer character to give you an edge on PS Vita
  • Instant upgrade to Aveline’s ammunition pouches
  • An entire mission playable as Connor!

To unlock the Cross-Connectivity content on your PS Vita, follow these steps:

1. Turn on both systems.
  2. Start the game.
  3. In the Main Menu, choose “Extras.”
  4. Tap on “Connect to PS3™ system.”
  5. Wait for the consoles to communicate.
  6. You will be notified that your content is available to use.

Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation: Cross Play ContentAssassin's Creed III Liberation for PS Vita - Connor's Tomahawk

It’s a great time to be a PlayStation Assassin! So what are you still doing here? Get out there and start taking advantage of all of the extra bonus content you get to enjoy just for choosing Sony!

Assassin’s Creed III: Interactive Trailer

117 Comments   1 Reply

+ KrisButtar on October 29th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

@58
AC1 and AC2 have some big changes between them, i still havent finished AC1 its boring, but everyone since i have played and finished

+ Lash_Whipwreck on October 29th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

i will say there is only one AC game that i didnt like and that was the latest one before AC3. other then that i love the games and the stories of them all

+ IzoGray on October 29th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

I like how you guys said you would be sharing AC: Liberation Multiplayer information on here soon and you’re not even going to bother.

Is it because you guys know that the multiplayer will be bad on Vita? Why not share it early on instead of having people find out the wrong way? It’s deceitful and lame.

+ neuropunk on October 29th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

The short version of what I have been saying:

Please everyone, please stop buying crappy games such as this and generic crappy shooters (both TPS and FPS) so that we can get great games again. Thanks.

+ Mans_Game56 on October 29th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

I am on the East Coast going through Sandy. It would be awesome if i and people like me could download AC3 now or at midnight before i lost power. Which will hopefully not happen.

+ KrisButtar on October 29th, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

im headed to the midnight release when will the Benedict Arnold missions bonus be able to download? when the store updates tomorrow? and how large of a download is it. what happens if i play past the part where the mission are put in? do i need to start again?

+ tevinwade on October 29th, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

I hope the store updates early tomorrow. That hurricane just ruined my Monday and Tuesday.

+ TengHu on October 29th, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

I. Am. Disappointed. To wait all day for this game and find out that it doesnt come out at midnight. Explain this please SONY: Why the hell is it called Day 1 when I have to wait until 7Pm?! That’s total utter bullcrap. I paid for PS+ and this stupid pre-order crap and I’m not impressed. I wonder why no staff replied in this topic yet. Afraid of being flayed? NEVER pre-ordering again. No DLCs either. You don’t deserve my money.

And, Nueropunk, shut up. Damn troll.

+ spideyal on October 29th, 2012 at 8:05 pm said:

I just had to comment to say that you guys are really showing off what the Vita is capable of with Liberation. This game looks phenomenal on the Vita. It’s easily the game you point at and say that console experiences can be done on handheld platforms. And the combo of a game this gorgeous and a well put-together piece of hardware like the Vita (it’s the most “gamepad-like” handheld on the market) make it even better.

These are the games that benchmark the Vita. That really show off it’s stuff. Can’t wait to play, both, 3 and Liberation!

After this, I honestly hope Ubisoft has a ton more planned for the Vita.

+ Crumahara on October 29th, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

when is the PSN version of AC3 going to be released?

+ TengHu on October 29th, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

12:13AM here in New York and still NOTHING. I’ve never been so pissed off in my life.

+ Lash_Whipwreck on October 29th, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

it 12.20 here in ontario canada. where is my dame AC3 pre order game i bought on psn

+ gangstamike410 on October 29th, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

so we dont get a midnight release but gamestop do!!!!!!

+ ShariusTC on October 29th, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

can i unlock the cross content to multi psvita with just 1 ps3, ’cause some of my friend have psv but they don’t own ps3 system, they really want these bonus and i want to help them unlock these with my ps3 if this allow?

+ Lash_Whipwreck on October 29th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

its now 1 am where i am and still no store update and still AC3 , what the hell SONY

+ Elvick_ on October 29th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

@74: Since when did “day 1″ mean “midnight release”? What kind of English did you learn in school? Because, “day 1″ means exactly that. You get it the first day of release. Nothing more. Nothing less. Learn2English

Seriously. I will never understand people taking a simple phrase, and attaching some other meaning to it and expecting Sony to be held to it.

Do I think they should do more midnight releases? Sure, why not. Especially if they do them in stores for those games. Should they do preloading in NA? Hellz yes. Do I think we should twist the English language just so we can complain about something? No.

+ JOEMAMMA14 on October 29th, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

Yeah guy’s just go to bed and wait till tomorrow… Looking up when Dishonored became available, the people on the forums said they had to wait till the store updated….
I’ve been counting down to midnight all day and it’s about an hour where I live, but if Dishonored didn’t come out at midnight I doubt AC will ether =( First and last time I do first day 1 digitale Sony, just saying I like convenience, and I had the money just siitting there that my bro had on his account (cough for Skyrim DLC’s), but I was planning on starting it at midnight if it comes out then go to bed… Now I won’t get it done downloading until tomorrow night if I’m lucky =( more like Night of the first day digital…… I feel like I just made a Majora’s mask reference…..
Anyways good night who evers got the drive to stay up all night. I’m off to bed or speed run Revelations…

And Sony It would be better business practice if you do have Midnight download or start, allot of people feel like they probably should of gotten into those Gamestop lines…. Well I do now reading the Dishonored forums for the people that waited until midnight for that download…….

+ NeoGuardian86 on October 29th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

disappointed i’ll have to likely wait until 5 or later at in the evening before i can even begin downloading a multi-gig download.

I don’t have the slowest internet, but i sure don’t have the fastest, not when i’m in a house with multiple family members that share the same bandwidth.

Was really hoping i could pre-load this tonight and have it ready to go for tomorrow.

It will make me more cautious in the future when it comes to pre-orders on PSN. It would of been a lot faster to have just gone to Gamestop or Wal Mart in the morning instead.

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 29th, 2012 at 11:10 pm said:

I’ve got my AC3 & AC3L copies with a very sleek PS3 Slim 500GB bundle!!! *DOES RAIN DANCE :P

+ KING-SANFORD-88 on October 29th, 2012 at 11:10 pm said:

this really upsets me sony will lose alot of digital downloads caues of this bull ive been waiting for this game and me thinking it would have a midnight release but its now 2:09 and my friend went to gamestop at 12 and has been playing since 12:30 and me and all the people who bought from the day 1 have to wait and suffer its just is not right someone form sony please respond and tell me why we have to wait

+ EvilApaiUS on October 29th, 2012 at 11:13 pm said:

It’s really arrived today~~~! Playing~~~ :D

+ KING-SANFORD-88 on October 29th, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

can someone tell me why I cant download ac3 if i bought it from store from the preorder offer in the Day 1 area and its 10/30/12 in NC 2:28 am and still no download and this game is prolly big something needs to change

+ blinkstar17 on October 29th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

The content never goes live until Tuesday, usually around 3pm EST. I’ve purchased several digital titles including Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored but only Mass Effect 3 was a midnight release. I agree it’s crappy of Sony to make us wait, heck some of my friends have been playing Assassin’s Creed III since yesterday but I have to wait until store update tomorrow. Hopefully Sony sorts itself out in the near future to be a bit more aggressive in download availability.

+ Lash_Whipwreck on October 30th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

msg to all AC3 is up to download

+ The3D-Artist on October 30th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

Well, I wasn’t expecting a midnight release, Sony never updates the store at midnight, but now that I think about it, what is the point of pre-ordering a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD if you end up having to wait until it’s officially released anyway. You may as well have just waited until the store did the natural updated and THEN purchased it. Kind of stupid really.

Oh well, I bought it under one of my accounts and I will be playing it as soon as it is available for me to download but yeah, the more I think about it, the less sense it makes to pre-order digital content if you’re going to have to wait for the content to be released normally anyway. There’s no benefit to the pre-order. Won’t be doing that again until there is. Not complaining, just noticing something I should have thought of before I purchased.

+ The3D-Artist on October 30th, 2012 at 12:19 am said:

No sooner spoken than broken. AC3 is up for download. Thank you, Sony for realizing there needed to be a reason to pre-order. Downloading now here in NYC. :)

+ blinkstar17 on October 30th, 2012 at 12:25 am said:

@Lash_Whipwreck thanks so much for this update. I was now heading to bed when I saw your post. AC3 and Liberation downloading now! Now I don’t wanna sleep lol.

+ NeoGuardian86 on October 30th, 2012 at 12:39 am said:

just taking the time to post that over here in Minnesota, the download is available at 2:38 AM.

wanted to take a moment to notify other users, and thank Sony for posting up the download.

thank you very much.
sometime by morning my download will complete (so i’ll get some sleep and it should be done).

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 12:48 am said:

Now they need to push the go button for NFS Most Wanted.

+ Veitsknight2 on October 30th, 2012 at 12:55 am said:

I have a question. A very important one in fact. The answer will be the driving force of me buying AC3:L. Will an R3 AC3 sync up with an R1 AC3:L?

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 1:09 am said:

If they can do this for AC3 they have no excuse why NFS Most Wanted isn’t available yet.To PSN team you have one very upset customer.

+ ShariusTC on October 30th, 2012 at 1:09 am said:

AC3 anf ACL are availble via game search, YAY!!!!!

+ acelightning15 on October 30th, 2012 at 1:26 am said:

this is really sad no wonder Sony has fallen so far this generation.
so its 1 step forward and 2 steps back
you put ac up for a midnight launch and fail to put up the new NFS.
at what point are you guys going to take psn seriously and run it like a real business

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 1:37 am said:

They should already have it on the server right now. I guess it’s to much trouble to write a few lines of code to make it accessible.

+ TheTrueMoegitto on October 30th, 2012 at 3:04 am said:

Question, I bought the Assassins Creed 3 Gold Edition off the PSN. I got the Uplay Passport, AC3, and the Benedict Arnold DLC downloading, but where is my season pass at? Is it tied into the game or am I missing something?

+ buck6439 on October 30th, 2012 at 5:34 am said:

So if I order it on the playstation store should I be able to download it right away or do I have to wait for the main store update. Also, does anyone know how much hard drive space ASCIII takes up (i have to get a new hard drive soon anyway but i’d like to know so maybe I can get started today instead of having to wait a few days for the hard drive to arrive)

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 5:49 am said:

You can get ac3 now and it’s 12gb.

+ endustry94 on October 30th, 2012 at 5:51 am said:

So much for looking forward to a midnight release of Day 1 pre-orders… Next time it’s Best Buy or Gamestop. Oh well, what was I thinking… Digital release? Next time I’ll purchase from a retail store and re-sell after I complete the game. Sony fails again…

If Sony wants Day 1 digital to suceed, then Sony better figure out how to setup sales for the midnight hour…

Go ahead and flame me… It’s not just a matter of being able to play early… I expected a digital midnight release for VIta pre-order games as I am going out of town this morning… Guess what…??? I won’t be able to download my pre-paid in full pre-order until I return this weekend… I could have bought the game from any retailer… Now I screwed myself with by expecting Sony to be on “PAR” with other media outlets…

I should have known better… Sony let down…

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 5:52 am said:

There is no reason to continue making us wait for NFS Most Wanted .I pre ordered it day 1 of your so called day 1 sale this is complete B.S. !!!

+ JimmyHACK on October 30th, 2012 at 5:55 am said:

AC3: Liberation was on midnight update. Grab it now so you don’t have to wait for store update :)

+ JURAI—TENCHI on October 30th, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Thanks SONY, glad I didn’t have to wait until the PM to download.

+ buck6439 on October 30th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

thanks sniper. Ya know guys, you should remember how much lag there was on the downloads with the release of mass effect 3, I don’t even want to think about how slow it would go with the current servers limit if we had both need for speed and ACIII out at the exact same time. The download speeds for the ps3 have gotten pretty slow at times in general. When I went to download the starhawk single player for ps plus it took over 24 hours to load because of the bottle-neck in the servers. With the vita though the download speeds have been a lot better for me

+ buck6439 on October 30th, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

If i knew what they were planning to add for the assassins creed dlc I would get the bundle the pass but who knows what they might be thinking or how long they will take to release things

+ CrusaderForever on October 30th, 2012 at 6:22 am said:

Hello Sony,

I purchased the ACIII, ACIII Liberation and Season Pass for $119.99. When I go on the store either with my PS3 or Vita the games are not showing up paid for. It’s asking me to pay again for them. Really want to get my downloads started can you help?

+ sniper26 on October 30th, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

Check your download list.

+ CrusaderForever on October 30th, 2012 at 6:25 am said:

Hello Sony,

Please disregard, I found them and they are coming up free. Thank you!!!

+ buck6439 on October 30th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Sony actually makes you create 22 gbs of space for wiggle room before they will let you purchase this one, i made room though

+ buck6439 on October 30th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

we are in major need of more newer, faster, servers for the store lol. the list showed my download will take a little over 3 hours. I hope the people at sony realize that some of us would bother loading more things from the ps store for the ps3 instead of stalling or getting the disc if it wasn’t taking over 10 seconds per mb when a lot of us have atleast 20 mb internet. There again on my vita it took less than 30 seconds for me to download a 129 mb file from the store. With the amount everyone has been loading from the store lately the current number of servers for store downloads just doesn’t make since, it is bottle necking all of us and we can’t even download games while we are in home or playing multi-player online. So much for us being able to run folding at home when we aren’t gaming, now the system has to spend that time downloading games

+ mhunterchump on October 30th, 2012 at 7:03 am said:

@Sony – I love that you made both games available at midnight on the PSN but maybe next time will you tell us your doing it ahead of time, please! I’m sitting at work reading this mad because I have to go home and wait another hour for them to download before I can play them. If you would’ve told us, I could have had them downloaded and ready for when I got home from work.

Please think about stuff like this next time.

+ Lylin on October 30th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

Anyone know if/when Liberation is going to be purchasable from the PSN?