Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus Update: One Piece: Pirate Warriors 40% Off, PS3 Plus Bundle

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 29, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

October is just about over, but before we say goodbye to this month (which brought Payday: The Heist, NFL Blitz, and King of Fighters XIII free to PS Plus members), we wanted to point out a great new PlayStation 3 Bundle only on Amazon.com that includes one year of PlayStation Plus.

PS3 Plus Bundle

Get the Amazon.com PS3 Bundle with 1 Year of PS Plus

If you know anyone who has yet to dive into PlayStation 3, this might be a great item to recommend (or buy them if you’re feeling generous). With a one year membership of PS Plus included, this bundle will keep anyone plenty busy with great games, awesome discounts, and exclusive access to PS3 features throughout that first year with Plus.

Now then, let’s greet some of those great PS Plus discounts that will help you take your gaming dollar further.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 30th PlayStation Plus Update

One Piece: Pirate Warriors

40% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $49.99, PS Plus Price: $29.99)

If you’re fan of the iconic anime One Piece, you won’t want to pass up this extraordinary deal on a PSN exclusive. Take control of Monkey D. Luffy and his crew of pirates to battle hordes of enemies from the One Piece universe. With an amazing brawler engine designed to give your character unique abilities to tackle waves of enemies, it captures the look and feel of the anime; complete with the original Japanese VO. It’s only on PSN, so grab it today. It could be just the purchase to put you over the $100 October spend limit to get $20 back in November.

Wonder Boy in Monster World

80% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

SEGA keeps reminding us of their amazing classic gaming roots with another $1 PS Plus gem. Wonder Boy in Monster World is the direct follow-up to Wonder Boy in Monster Land, which is leaving the $1 price point for PS Plus members with tomorrow’s PS Store update. Show your support for this classic, which includes 2D action RPG elements, Trophy support and timeless music, and download it for $1 when tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update arrives.
WWE ’13 Fan Axxess

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $10.00)

WWE ’13 is releasing tomorrow in retail stores everywhere and fans couldn’t be more excited to once again live larger than life through their favorite WWE SuperStars. The WWE ’13 Fan Axxess gets you all the announced DLC coming October through January with more SuperStars, Championship Titles, and moves. Normally priced at $19.99, PS Plus members get all three content packs, exclusive WWE Superstars Diamond Dallas Page and Golddust and more; all for just $10. For more details on the content, check out the full listing on IGN.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz – Complete DLC Bundle

80% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $1.99, PS Plus Price: $0.40)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz released last week on PS Vita. If you like what you’ve played so far, it’s a no-brainer to pick up the Complete DLC Bundle! This bundle includes all 8 pieces of DLC; each of which enhances the Custom Level Creator to create all-new maps using fun pieces with plenty of references to SEGA’s classic games and systems.

Lastly, let’s wrap up with a poll. Remember, polls are important to us, but are only one factor we consider among many when we’re making decisions on the posed questions.

How often do you like to receive your PlayStation Plus news?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That’s all for this week. Check back next week where we’ll announce a new free PS3 full game coming to Plus and more. Until then, leave your feedback in the comments, and thanks in advance for your feedback.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-29-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

+ Elvick_ on October 29th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

Yay more awesome classic Sega games for a buck. :D

+ macsmoke84 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

There is one thing that I would love but it won’t happen. That would be to take Morgan out on a date. Because that man is one hot lil man.

+ Termimartin on October 29th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

I LOVE U SONY! THAKS FOR:

BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS

OH WAIT…

THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA
;)

+ Armored_Oso66 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

To all of the people complaining about the Plus games

If you really wanted all of these games bad enough then you are better of just buying them from stores instead of waiting and hoping for them to become free

Besides you guys can probably get most of these games for a cheaper price and for a better bundle like the RDRGOTY edition that comes with all of the downloads or even wait for that RockStar Collection that was announced.

Also you can keep the physical copies without having to renew Plus which a lot of you are claiming not to renew your subscriptions

These are of course just my opinions so listen or not it’s up to you

+ Major01 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Maybe you could update us at the first of the month of the free games that were coming out in the next 30 days. Then weekly updates on Mondays that tell us of any discounts, betas or other items coming that week, or vice versa. That way we always have a few things to look forward to. Just an idea.

+ Dubloon7 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

what i want right now:

-Red Dead Redemption
-Dark Souls DLC ON SALE or FREE
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC FREE or super discounted
-LOTS of FREE stuff for my new vita!!!!!!!!

Thank you for not reading this Sony. I can see you truly care about your customers

+ Misantropus on October 29th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

I LOVE U SONY! THAKS FOR:
BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS
OH WAIT…
THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA
;)

+ easyriderzombie on October 29th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Morgan ya’ll are doing a great job. Haters gonna hate! Wont be able to buy any games until taxes but im content with ps+. Cant wait to get a psvita next year.

+ Elvick_ on October 29th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

L.O.L. People are seriously complaining about sales on recent games? You paid full price, and were fine with that price (otherwise you wouldn’t have bought it). You wanted it and got it day 1 instead of waiting an unknown amount of time for a potential sale.

Deal. You don’t have patience, you don’t get a sale. Same thing happens in retail. Enslaved was $20 in, what, a month? I wasn’t mad, it was worth $60 to me.

+ ShinunoKage on October 29th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

Um Sony…I just brought fan axxess for full price… I love ps plus and keep subscribing, so I think this is unfair, is there any way I can get a refund for the discount or something? I had no idea fan axxess was going on sale so I feel cheated now :(

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 29th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

I’m going to look into this more.

+ Yohmaru_EX on October 29th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

I LOVE U SONY! THAKS FOR:
BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS
OH WAIT…
THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA
;)

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 29th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

@Ryumoau I see your point, but at the same time I think buying a game early is just a chance your going to have to take. The way I see it you can choose to buy and play a game when it comes out (with that being your primary reward), or wait (and you don’t know for how long) until maybe the game goes on sale and saving money would be your reward. All in all maybe they could announce sales for games in advance, but I don’t think they should do so more than like 2 weeks in advance.

+ MrBeatdown on October 29th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

I was a big fan of the monthly update, but I also find myself really liking the Monday posts. It’s something to look forward to every Monday.

I would do one big monthly post on the Monday before the first update, and not lay out all the content, but give us a general idea of what to expect. Seems like a lot of people are surprised that we didn’t get new free games this week and last. Maybe a schedule of sorts would help with those expectations. Call it a PS+ Monthly Schedule or something. For example…

11/6
One free game
Five discounts
Ten free avatars
One Full Game Trial

Just something like that for each update of the month. Don’t tell us what the specific games are (that’s for weekly posts), but give us an idea of the amount of content, and when we will get it. Link to it in each Plus update and edit in the content as it’s revealed throughout the month.

That way we get that snapshot of how much to expect, but still get that info to look forward to in the weekly posts. Maybe you could throw in some hints about what the content is as well.

+ Josh1billion on October 29th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Nice update. I love the weekly $1.00 deals on classic Sega games. I’ve picked them up every week and will continue to do so.

Will Assassin’s Creed III be getting a midnight digital release? Please say yes… :)

+ gatsbygal on October 29th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Last week I bought the WWE 13 Fan Axxess pack even though the game isn’t out yet, I was happy to see it was available to download early so I would have the DLC after picking up the game at the midnight release. Now I see that it’s going to be half off for PS Plus members. Is there any way I can get that 10 dollars back? I am a happy PS Plus customer and I am not going to yell in all caps that you fix this, but I do think it’s kind of lame to release the DLC early at full price and then offer a discount on the day it was supposed to be released. Will us early buyers be able to get that back or are we out of luck?

+ macsmoke84 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Morgan when we ask you something you give us an anser. Stop replying to you fan boy that would do everthing to make you happy.

+ jonjon0890 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

I like the $1.00 deals on the Sega games. I’m really hoping that Gunstar Heroes will be $1.00 @ some point.

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 29th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen that comment above me (#164) today alone.

I LOVE YOU SONY! THANKS FOR:
FREE GAMES-
INFAMOUS 2
LITTLEBIGPLANET 2
JUST CAUSE 2
WALKING DEAD EP 1-2
PAYDAY THE HEIST (and more)
DISCOUNTS ON GAMES, DLC, ETC.
FEATURES LIKE AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND CLOUD SAVES
AND ALL FOR ONLY $4.17 A MONTH
AND WAIT…
THAT IS FOR THE U.S.
;)

+ Ryumoau on October 29th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

@162 lol be real for one second. All the Sony butt kissing is an act right?

+ Kane22_ on October 29th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

WOW!!!! thanks Sony for the 1 day heads on the WWE 13 Fan Axxess DLC bundle. I just bought it at full price last week and now cause i didn’t know i pretty much got robbed……………………

+ Ryumoau on October 29th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

Getting screwed on dlc a WEEK after its on psn has nothing to do with patience. I can not believe the mindless sheep that defend Sony ripping people off. But i suppose they’re the reason Sony can continue to treat NA members this way. :/

+ ElBarba on October 29th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

I LOVE U SONY! THAKS FOR:
BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS
OH WAIT…
THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA
;)

Morgan…please really…. stop saying next week will be awesome its like you are laughing of us.
Im not believing you anymore.
Im really disappointed of Psn+ for US.

+ Hundredhandslap on October 29th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Hey PS+ team, you really missed a good opportunity to offer a free Halloween related game. RE5 or Hell Yeah! immediately come to mind as they were already offered for free in other territories. Consider the ball dropped. Hopefully next month razzles and dazzles.

+ Termimartin on October 29th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

LOVE U SONY! THAKS FOR:

BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS

OH WAIT…

THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA
;)

+ Kchow23 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

I think every 2 weeks is the way to go… bridges the gap between weekly and monthly.

+ Vampex2 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

I want to start off for saying thank you for keeping us up to date every week. I was wondering if you could explain what goes into the process of determining US games and what Europe get. I personally signed up for ps plus because money is tight right now and would really appreciate it if we consistently got better games because europe is more appealing right now.

+ Ryumoau on October 29th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

@173 as fanboy Elvick would say “you just have to deal with it”. :/

+ D-Squad3 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Why isn’t the new PS3 bundle the NEW slim PS3? That’s so ****ing stupid!

And you guys ALMOST made me happy because I thought that One Piece was going to be FREE for Plus members but it’s ONLY a discount. What a shame.

+ sabsamericano on October 29th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

As some guys said previously,

“When the IGC was announced, we had 8 PS3 retail releases and 4 PSN games.

If you signed up now, you’d get 4 retail releases (LBP 2, InFamous 2, R&C All 4 One, and KoF 13) and 8 PSN Games (Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim, etc).”

Maybe it just needs to be balanced. 50%/50%.

+ Welmosca on October 29th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Damn…what is this?…the only good game between these 4 is Monkey Ball and isn’t THAT good at all but for 0.40 I’ll have to pick it up….moreover you guys gotta be kidding…one piece?really?…the only anime/manga that its fail.Guess I’ll have to wait to see what we’ll have for FREE.

+ CRAZYCOBRA on October 29th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

Wow! This plus update sucks.

+ alvarorugam on October 29th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

I was just thinking about how people from the UK are complaining that they don’t get what we are getting… Just like we want the games they had….

I’m great with all the games I already have, it’s to hard for me to play them all, because it’s like playing a whole game in a week, sorry guys, I also have a social life, gotta work, gotta study, got to see my daughter, to much to do

I’ll will love the oportunity to play all days like you do….

Best Regards

+ RulitoCR on October 29th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

Not too much in this update, and I already have One Piece! So, wait for the next week!

+ DarkXtremist on October 29th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Nice update. I at least understand that we only get 3 games a month but it seems everyone else is ignorant of this fact. A perfect example of ignorance fueled rage, they should be ashamed of themselves. If I had your job Morgan, I would be so annoyed/pissed. I also see a lot of spam today, those mods should have a field day with their comments. Your tease for what we get next week has me excited, can’t wait for it. XD

PS: This is for the idiots that are saying Europe gets Crysis while we get nothing, would you be so kind as to read properly before commenting? That is their game for next week, we do not know what we get next week. I swear some people don’t deserve plus, they should just let it expire and all the free games they got go with it, hope ya’ll enjoy that.

+ Tazox94 on October 29th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Does anyone know what time Most Wanted will be released tomorrow? Really wish it was released at midnight

+ Akimitsu782 on October 29th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

For those complaining about free games, don’t forget that if your subscription to PS+ runs out, those games can’t be played anymore. Also, all of the games can be bought for $19.99 or less nowadays. Not every update for PS+ will offer something for everyone.

+ Ryumoau on October 29th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

@189 true but that doesn’t justify them putting things on sale for Plus members weeks after its released on psn without any prior warning. Just terrible communications skills on their part.

+ tdlypsdoff on October 29th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

THAT IS ONLY FOR EUROPA!

LMAO. That is hilarious! Can you even get PS+ on the Moon of Jupiter? That’s Europa you know.
I understand that some people are mad, I’m not very happy about the large difference in the 2 PS+ services, but copying and pasting ONLY IN EUROPA is just too funny! How do you even expect to be taken seriously?

+ DrSmoov on October 29th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

I like our free games these past few months. I enjoy getting the type of games that I would not have bought. I for one would be very disappointed if we got the games that Europe gets. I own/ have beaten/ or sold ’cause they were not that good (RE5). I for one did not sign up for PS Plus to get two year old major releases. I like getting stuff like Trine 2, SpaceMarines, Subway, ect. Games like Dead Space 2, Red Dead, ect, I have already played, as have most of the PS Plus users. It seems like there are a lot of whiny, butthurt pre-teens posting on this blog every week. I like the type of content we currently get, and feel bad for Morgan and anyone else that has to read this sad collection of trolls every week harping on about a game or two they got in Europe. I am sure you guys make their Mondays are joy to come into work. Please keep up the got work, and pay no mind to the trolls.

+ Dubloon7 on October 29th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

@Akimitsu782 how can you say that all of these games can be bought for $19.99 or less? Look what Sony sells the digitals for: $49.99 while a new/used retail copy sells for $20-30 less.

IMO the point for the free games is that they’re free and if my service runs out i;’m not gonna replay it. It’s idiotic to think every gamer thinks the same way as you. I want a cheap ass, GREAT game that costs $9.99 or less and will be played only once. Look at Costume Quest: $3.75, is a good game but not good enough to replay since it has no replay value.

again, i want to see:

-Red Dead Redemption FREE
-Dark Souls DLC ON SALE or FREE
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC FREE or super discounted
-LOTS of FREE stuff for my new vita!!!!!!!!

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 29th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Do we get XMB or Email messages letting us know our PS+ is about to expire? Do we? I can’t remember… Cause if we don’t… We should! Just saying. :P

+ Tech_IX on October 29th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

So EU ps+ got Crysis 2 this week, lets see what POS game sony pulls out of their ass for the US ps+ next week. Anyone wanna bet that it’s some stupid psn game that isn’t equal in value to the Crysis 2 game EU got?

+ Avi_Draconis on October 29th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

how wonderful… I buy the one piece game at full price only to find out it gets a 40% discount not a week later? this is ridiculous please make it clear which games will be going on sale with a greater advance than a single day… I now feel like I’ve been cheated out of $20.00…

+ TwinDad on October 29th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

@ MrBeatdown

To be fair, in last weeks plus update comments Morgan did reply to a post “to manage expectation” to tell us that this week would not include a free game. This week his comments have said “barring something beyond control” we should get a game a week for the holiday season.

@Dubloon7,

Can you keep the “thanks US for EU content” post down from SPAM? Morgan has read the comment and will tell the Plus folks what you want. No reason to post 100 times the same thing.

@ PS+/Morgan
I will say at least I respect Morgan for coming out and telling the crowd that Red Dead will not likely happen. I have the GOTY disc , but it would have been cool to get a digital version.

+ dlhdav7 on October 29th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

we need some entertainment on here! where’s lightening_fear when you need him !!!

+ PhenixDemitrix on October 29th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

@ Morgan Haro,

I hope you are right on what’s coming in November. I sure hope it not another Sports, Fighting or FPS.
Like I post couple of week ago. There are PLUS members that like other genres. Notice how Sony EU breakdown their FREE GAME OFFER by different genres.

BULLETSTORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
CRYSIS 2
DEUX EX REVOLUTION
DEAD SPACE 2
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE
DARKSIDERS

I hope SONY US doesn’t continue giving us crappy Sports, Fighting, FPS, old PSN games and enough with these HALF FREE GAMES.

+ jasonstreet on October 29th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

I understand that realistically this may not be possible. I love how you guys give us updates of things to come on ps plus on Mondays and I love the drop on sunday. What I would like to see is something telling us the sales or at least some sort of preview of the sales that are going to happen in the store on Tuesday that may not have to do with ps plus. I get paid on Fridays and tend to forget about the sales of that week so If I could get an update on Monday before I blow all the rest of my check or something it would help me to make sure there is money on the account for when the store updates on Tuesday. I know that you put out the sales update with the store update but it would be nice to know some of them at least in advance so I can prep ahead of time because I like a lot of the company are running on a tight budget and I need to be able to plan ahead.

+ USCCM on October 29th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

Morgan, next week better be good, otherwise I’m complaining, again!

I’ve been a good boy these two weeks :P

Also, just want to check with you on the Amazon offer. When we redeem the One Year PS+ voucher, will we be forced to provide credit card information? Cause I have received these voucher codes before (both from Amazon and from Sony), and all of them required me to provide my credit card information. Thanks.

+ race2winnet on October 29th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

I, personally, don’t think that you need to give us a free ps3 game every week (although it is great when you do) but on the lean weeks, why not give us a dynamic theme, some avatars, a mini, or a PS1 Classic or two? All of these were major reasons I joined Plus but they have been pretty rare since we moved to the current format. Just my two cents.

Also, as I stated before, receiving both a monthly outline and a weekly update would be the perfect scenario.

Waiting axiously for info on Plus for Vita!

Thanks!

+ blakseed on October 29th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Sony, I pay you 50 bucks a year. I expect the world for that amount of money. Don’t make me come back to the blog and whine about the stuff that I expect to get. I PAID 50 BUCKS FOR A YEAR DARN IT!

Oh yeah. And, I want a discount for a game I already bought and played because everyone knows that’s how it works in the real world…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9