PS4-Watch_Dogs

Okami HD on PSN Today, Watch the Launch Trailer

Tristan Corbett's Avatar + Posted by Tristan Corbett on Oct 30, 2012 // Marketing Manager, Capcom

At long last I’m pleased to share that the great goddess Amaterasu is ready to save the world once again! Ōkami HD is launching on PSN today in North America and will be available to download for $19.99 later today with the PlayStation Store update.

In case anyone needs it, here’s a quick refresher on all the things we’ve added to Ōkami HD:

• The critically acclaimed classic brought to new life on PS3
  • Full native 1080p visuals brings Ōkami’s stunning visuals into the HD era
  • PlayStation Move motion controller support allows players to enjoy the celestial brush in new and intuitive ways
  • Trophy Support, including a Platinum trophy, gives players all new challenges to complete

I’d like to extend a big thanks to the PSN community as well as PlayStation.Blog for all their support for Ōkami HD. Your support helped make this project happen and it is greatly appreciated! I can say for myself that this title was hands down the most fun I’ve had working on any project here at Capcom. I hope you all enjoy the game as much as we’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.

Check out our launch trailer above. Will you be picking up Okami HD today? If so, will you be playing on DualShock or PlayStation Move?

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Elvick_ on October 30th, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

Will be mine. :D

I should wait for my $20 rebate… but I can’t.

+ Butters360 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

Game looks absolutely gorgeous. Mine!

+ CollaredCougar on October 30th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

I’ve owned every version of this game and it is the only game in which, after finishing it, I started the game again. I’ll be refreshing the PS Store hourly this afternoon so I can get this as soon as possible. Thank you to all the people who made this possible.

Tristan Corbett's Avatar

+ Tristan Corbett on October 30th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Thank you for your support! :)

+ Adam-12 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

I really want a Vita version.

A guy can dream can’t he?

+ RoyalXIII on October 30th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

I can’t wait! I love Okami :D

+ Renansl on October 30th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

I wish it had a Vita version.
It would be the perfect console for it. :~

+ Falaut on October 30th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Would have been super nice to have a limited edition/collector’s retail release with a hardcover art book and a small statuette or something.

Will I be getting this when it goes up? You betcha.

+ Bshafner on October 30th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

This game would be perfect on the PS VITA! Touch screen controls! Hope Sony pushes for capcom to make a PS VITA version!

+ truongtantai on October 30th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

when it out Sony ? 1PM ,2PM or 5PM ?

+ Ryumoau on October 30th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

looks interesting, though i’m afraid to buy since i know Sony will probably just discount it half price or give it out free next week. :/

+ Joao_Vicente on October 30th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Wish a PSV version too… Will be nice if every PSN title come to Vita too! Anyway, Sony call it as PSN title, not a PS3 title

+ Gay_Angel on October 30th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Hope the store updates very soon, really looking forward to purchase Okami as well as soom other content.

+ corrosivefrost on October 30th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

I’d probably buy this and play it again if it had an option to turn off the “voices”.
I’d also double dip if it was on Vita (and had the option to turn off the “voices”).

+ passivefamiliar on October 30th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Sweet! My avatar will probably become less common for awhile now. Got it pretty early on in my ps3 life, can’t wait to buy this. Hope i can plat it, will try anyway. Really really hope you can skip cenematics/talking though, loved it but those scenes took to long sometimes.

+ blakseed on October 30th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

@Ryumoau

Then why don’t you buy it to help support the guys that bought it to you in the first place then, huh?

+ Frozen_star10 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:29 am said:

Love it on PS2. Too bad the ps2 version could not make good sales despite of its high quality. Hope Ps3 version will make a surprise. I wiil buy it at the time it’s out. Cause I just need only 20$ of Okami to make a perfect 100$ of October.

+ lisatsunami on October 30th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Finally! The game I’ve wished for since I became a Playstation gamer in 2009. Thank you, I’ll buy this ASAP!!!

+ Ryumoau on October 30th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

@14 yeah that small company Capcom really needs my money to survive. :/

+ blackiemist88 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

1. def getting this game 2. needs to be on the vita as well 3. now all we need is viewitful joe HD remake

+ Cobolt27 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

Can’t wait to buy it again. Everyone should own Okami.

+ lobotomies4free on October 30th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

looks beautiful guys

+ blakseed on October 30th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

@17

Not sure about Capcom, but I’m sure the people that took the time to do the HD remaster right would appreciate it. If it does well enough, people might even get that Vita port they’re asking for.

+ Giga_Gaia on October 30th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Why in the hell do you always update the store late in the day? You need to start working better and update it early in the day instead.

+ jeffsmither on October 30th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Is this in 3d? And any extra features? Like art or music downloads.

+ Zookey on October 30th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Definitely picking it up but must do the obligatory DO VITA VERSION WITH CROSS SAVE FUNCTIONALITY post–Okami is one of the few games I would absolutely not mind paying for twice in this case.

+ passivefamiliar on October 30th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

Also, really want the store to update BEFORE 7pm please. The’tuesday’ update is such a joke when its not till late in the evening. It really should be early tuesday. I love sony, im not trying to hate, but please. Update sooner rather then so late. Do that, and give us a search download history option for the store and i’ll have no complaints. Plus is wonderful, and those have been my only dislikes. Update sooner. Add download history SEARCH function.

+ MrBendel on October 30th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

vita vita vita vita vita vita vita vita vita vita vita … please

+ Berae on October 30th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

I really enjoyed the game on the ps2 and i still have it so Im waiting for Okami 2

+ NoonenF1 on October 30th, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

Why doesn’t the PSN Store update at a schedule time? Seems like it just randomly updates at anytime on Tuesday… That trailer I just watched said “On Sale Now.” Apparently not…

+ Tahldon on October 30th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

I’ve yet to have played Okami yet, I keep planning to, but it keeps getting put off. Oh, why must the developers murder our wallets in the span of two months. Lol.

I definitely have to pick this up. I fear I’ve been missing out for far too long. If only it was out on the Vita also. Though, I wonder if we purchase it now, would we be able to just download it in the event that a Vita port did come out? If they do it, I mean. Still, it’s good to know that I’m not the only one interested!

+ TessionTG on October 30th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

Never played it, so I’m really excited for this!
Though I wish there was a physical game and not exclusively available through PSN. Having a physical copy is always much better! :/
Also, a Vita version would be amazing as well!

+ Bamanga1409 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

I’ve been waiting all day for this!! FINALLY!!! I GET TO PLAY SOME OKAMI GOODNESS!!!!!

+ thepatate on October 30th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

I’m totally getting this one ! The wait was killing me, can’t wait to play when the store uptades !

+ NoonenF1 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

But yes, probably buying it. Is it going to be $10 or $15? And to answer the other question, I’m will be playing with the DS3.

+ Fabio_R on October 30th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Ammy! :D

+ Diablos2525 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Instant purchase for me.

+ Jak23ft on October 30th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

@34: Read the article, it says $20.

+ Jotamide on October 30th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

No PS+ discount? Booooo!

+ Sparkz92 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

I must say, Capcom made a really smart choice to release this now. The timing is absolutely perfect ;P

+ eXb1azed23 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

Never got a chance to play this on the PS2. Can someone tell me if $15 is a good deal for this game

+ eXb1azed23 on October 30th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

Sorry, meant $20, don’t know where i got the $15 from

+ Neil on October 30th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

I would buy this if I hadn’t already played the PS2 version to death. One of my favorite games.

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 30th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Oh yes oh yes oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okami is the game of forever for me. I love it SoooO much and I’m sooooo excited to play it again in HD!!!!!!! THANK YOU CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Athough it’s kind of bitter sweet.. it was sad to see Clover Studios get shut down not long after this game was created)

Tristan Corbett's Avatar

+ Tristan Corbett on October 30th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

Glad you’re excited and we hope you enjoy it!

+ Mew33 on October 30th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

So can’t wait to get it. Though rather see Vita get OkamiDen HD. Hope dose show capmon we do want Okami 3.

+ CrimsonDream24 on October 30th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Now if only you didn’t have to wait until evening to download it.

The really late updates lately are rather annoying. The store never seems to update before 7 PM EST these days, and I’m a little tired of having to wait that long. Now so long ago I recall a time when the store was always updated before 1 PM EST, and sometimes even before 12. I hope eventually we can get back to that.

+ PrinceofXIII on October 30th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

get hype :D

let’s see if they still replace the clover studios credits.

don’t do this capcom

+ Yohmaru_EX on October 30th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

any special price for plus????

+ guitarded77 on October 30th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Downloading as soon as I get home from work!

+ SsurferR on October 30th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Can’t wait to download, whtas the timeframe for the Store Update today.?

PAGE 1 2 3