PS4-The Order

Portal 2 In Motion on PSN Tuesday, Full Game Getting PS Move Support

Josh Bays's Avatar + Posted by Josh Bays on Nov 01, 2012 // Director of Product Marketing, Sixense Studios

Portal 2 In Motion - logo

We gave the world a glimpse at E3 back in June, and now it’s official. On November 6th, 2012, Sixense will launch Portal 2 In Motion, a motion DLC campaign for Valve’s Portal 2 on PlayStation Move. Our development team at Sixense has applied our expertise in motion gaming to create what we believe will be the defining experience for PlayStation Move. The Portal 2 In Motion DLC will be priced at $9.99 on PSN. We’ll also have a special launch promotion of 30% off for PlayStation Plus members.

Those who are familiar with Sixense know that over the past few years we have focused on delivering motion gaming experiences that are intuitive and natural for users. We are excited to now work with Sony and Valve to deliver content that takes advantage of the advanced motion tracking of the PlayStation Move. Portal 2 In Motion introduces gameplay mechanics, including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers that look familiar from Portal 2, but require new thinking to solve.

Portal 2 In Motion for PS3Portal 2 In Motion for PS3

We are timing the release of Portal 2 In Motion to coincide with Valve’s release of Portal 2 for digital download on PlayStation Network, which now includes PlayStation Move support (implemented by Sixense) for the entire single-player and cooperative campaigns. PS Plus members will also receive 30% off on Portal 2 when it launches on PSN. Owners of Portal 2 on Blu-Ray will receive PlayStation Move support through a free patch, which will provide a touch of the motion experience provided by Sixense. While the original Portal 2 campaigns will be fully playable with PlayStation Move, only Portal 2 In Motion features the gameplay mechanics designed by Sixense specifically for motion.

We hope that Portal 2 In Motion will mark the beginning of much more to come! Look for everything on November 6th!

PAGE 1 2

+ BlindMango on November 1st, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Looks awesome, anything Portal is awesome though!

Please add more and more support for move on third party titles Sony! Thanks =P

+ MassaBR on November 1st, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

What will be the price for Portal 2 on PSN?

+ Wario64 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Will the digital version of Portal 2 have a code to redeem on Steam?

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Fantastic! This will be a day 1, I was blown away when you showed the game off at E3. So many new possibilities. Will there be any new trophies added?

+ mlbkid10 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

Wondering just how will the controls to laid out? two motion controllers? Or a motion controller and a navigation controller?

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 1st, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

Portal 2 In Motion will require a Motion Controller and a Navigation Controller. You can substitute a Dualshock/Sixaxis for the Navigation Controller.

+ SNORLAXex on November 1st, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

I’m glad that P2 is still getting support and add-ons.
I’d really love some avatars of P2.
Like, maybe Cave Johnson, or a lemon.

+ lisatsunami on November 1st, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Portal 2 was one of the greatest games of 2011, a year of many great games. So getting this when it drops!

+ snakeeyes211 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Can you say awesome!

+ DrApollo on November 1st, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Portal 2 is fantastic! What is the digital price for Portal 2? I know Plus gets 30% off. 30% off what?

+ GameOverGreggy on November 1st, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

New Trophies?

+ Permafry_42 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Looks interesting, but I’d prefer to just play the usermade levels exclusively on the PC and are free. $10 isn’t really worth it IMO if they aren’t designed by valve.

+ Jak23ft on November 1st, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

I think the MSRP for Portal 2 is $30, so do the math.

+ h2omasnah- on November 1st, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

I thought Valve said their DLC will be free and that includes the PlayStation 3 versions? What happened to that? I’m very disappointed you’re not keeping your word. One reason why I was going to buy Portal 2 is because of that, because it speaks greatly and highly of you for not being greedy, not trying to rip off the consumer and caring about the consumer. I will have to rethink whether I purchase this game now.

+ Link01 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

YES, I’ve been waiting on a final word on this forever. But what’s with the price? We were told it would be free…..

+ Chuckbait on November 1st, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

Sweet. When can we expect the patch to go live? (The patch which allows the player to use the move controller in the one player full game of Portal2). Thanks and good luck with sales.

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 1st, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

The patch will go live on November 6th along with the Portal 2 In Motion DLC.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

Awesome. A PSN copy of Portal 2, now I don’t have to buy the game on Steam and can earn achievements through steam and trophies on PSN. Just one question does it come with a code for the Steam copy? That’s awesome.

+ Falaut on November 1st, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

Nice!

+ KazeEternal on November 1st, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

Sounds like it is almost time for another play through of Portal 2

+ Skrawney on November 1st, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

So is the dlc move only, or can I play it with a regular controller too?

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 1st, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

The In Motion DLC is designed specifically with the Playstation Move in mind and is packed with puzzles which can only be solved with it.

+ onuosfan on November 1st, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Yeah, I’m wondering about trophies myself. As sad as it is, I haven’t found reason to play the free DLC from last year yet with no trophies to motivate me.

+ seanoc1 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I hope we won’t have to wait too long in Europe for this and get a PS+ discount too.

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 1st, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

Look for an announcement soon regarding the EU release.

+ solace357 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

What Greggy said!

+ ASC2175 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Yay! As a guy with a Sixense controller on PC, these are some very good puzzles Valve worked on with Sixense……This’ll all be good for the PS3 players.

+ TubaDude49 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

The fantastic “Peer Review” DLC that is out now is completely free. They’ve always said the Hydra motion levels would be charged, but you still get the patch to use Move controls in the base game for free.

+ Satnamji on November 1st, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Is Portal 2 In Motion a stand alone game? In other words, I don’t need to own the main game to play it?

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 1st, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Portal 2 In Motion is DLC for Portal 2, so you’ll need to own Portal 2 (either the new digital version or the Blu-Ray with the upcoming patch) in order to play the DLC.

+ JROD0823 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

As I live and breathe, Greg Miller commented on the Blog! Get well, Greggy!

If there are trophies attached, I will likely buy.

+ JROD0823 on November 1st, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Whoops, I forgot to add… BEYOND!

+ Pericynthion on November 1st, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

@6 – Cave Johnson premium avatar? Here, take my money now.

I’m all for an excuse to replay the original single player too – any chance of exposing the test chamber content now I wonder? Not to create them obviously, just to play some that the community is creating.

+ lajaro on November 1st, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Not a fan of ports, but bringing any part of the Portal experience to the Vita would be amazeballs!

+ Chuckbait on November 1st, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

I went to see if this update was live yet. Upon launching Portal 2, i was greeted with a black screen. Had to reset the PS3 as the controller wouldn’t respond, and now it is checking and restoring the file system…. Hopefully its not corrupted.

Rediculous.

+ The_Dukenator on November 1st, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

@25 Considering that it uses base game content, maybe.

@10 No idea.

+ The_Dukenator on November 1st, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

@30 Does that happen with other games?

+ Chuckbait on November 1st, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

…..Seems to be fine, now.

+ Chuckbait on November 1st, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

It doesn’t happen with other games, it was the first time i launched the game on my slim ps3, though (previous plays had been on my phat ps3). But it seems to be working fine now, so its all good. Thanks.

+ SideEffect34 on November 1st, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Is this single player or co-op?

+ BryanPace on November 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

People calm down about the price. I know that Valve said that any DLC they made for Portal 2 would be free but this DLC WASN’T MADE BY VALVE. It was made by Sixense. Therefore it isn’t free. Get over it.

+ onuosfan on November 1st, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

I guess I should just realize that if they don’t specifically say “trophies are included,” they’re not, since they never bother to answer that question on these posts.

+ k1ngsnak3 on November 1st, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

This sounds awesome!

I have an earlier version of the camera that came with the Eye of Judgement. Is this compatible with the Move controllers or do you need the entire setup?

+ UnholyBahamut on November 1st, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

Wow, AWESOME, I’ll get the DLC day one. By the way guys, can you move som strings so the level creator (available for PC) comes to PS3? I’ve used it for PC and it doesn’t look so complex, I’m sure the PS3 can handle it.

+ Bloody_Marcel on November 1st, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

@ k1ngsnak3

Yes, any PS Eye camera will do. Just get the Move wand and you are good to go.

+ Bloody_Marcel on November 1st, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

@ mlbkid10

1 Navigation controller (or DS3 – the left side of it) + 1 Move.

@ Skrawney

The DLC is Move only.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 1st, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

I’m gonna buy it, but why doesn’t Valve release Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 and re-release The Orange Box, fixing all the bugs of the original release and with trophies and steam integration on PS3?

+ b00kthree on November 1st, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

Great to hear this is coming out soon! Been looking forward to it.

+ cwsluke on November 1st, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Awesome! Held on to my portal 2 copy after I heard about this at E3 so it’s a day 1 buy for me! About time to dust off those move controllers.

+ TriangleOffense on November 1st, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

@10 BEYOND !!!

Now onto less important things than BEYOND ! Will this have new trophies ? I see his question never got answered. How much is the full retail going to be on PSN (since noone ever posts prices for some reason) ? Now with all that being said absolutely none of these things have an impact on me buying this the second it hits the store !!

CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ FORMIK on November 1st, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

I have a complaint: Why can I not rate this article SIX stars?
Awesome news! I look forward to this release! This was one of my favorite announcements from E3.

+ The_Dukenator on November 1st, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

@45 Try $29.99.

+ Toddimus144 on November 1st, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

When I purchased Portal 2 originally, Valve did say all future DLC content would be free.

Also Portal 2 has been offered for free, or at least discounted as low as 9.99 on Steam on various occasions, so I would hope the digital version even though I already own the hard copy, would not exceed 14.99 (what you can get it for used at GameStop)

I am looking forward to the Move controls, looks pretty sweet.

+ Nergil on November 1st, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

Sweet!!

Can’t say enough good things about this game, and any reason to go back and play it get’s a huge thumbs up from me!!

I’ll be buying this for sure.

+ lobotomies4free on November 1st, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

so those of us with the disc can still use the move in the main game right?

PAGE 1 2