Uncharted 4

Portal 2 In Motion on PSN Tuesday, Full Game Getting PS Move Support

Josh Bays's Avatar + Posted by Josh Bays on Nov 01, 2012 // Director of Product Marketing, Sixense Studios

Portal 2 In Motion - logo

We gave the world a glimpse at E3 back in June, and now it’s official. On November 6th, 2012, Sixense will launch Portal 2 In Motion, a motion DLC campaign for Valve’s Portal 2 on PlayStation Move. Our development team at Sixense has applied our expertise in motion gaming to create what we believe will be the defining experience for PlayStation Move. The Portal 2 In Motion DLC will be priced at $9.99 on PSN. We’ll also have a special launch promotion of 30% off for PlayStation Plus members.

Those who are familiar with Sixense know that over the past few years we have focused on delivering motion gaming experiences that are intuitive and natural for users. We are excited to now work with Sony and Valve to deliver content that takes advantage of the advanced motion tracking of the PlayStation Move. Portal 2 In Motion introduces gameplay mechanics, including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers that look familiar from Portal 2, but require new thinking to solve.

Portal 2 In Motion for PS3Portal 2 In Motion for PS3

We are timing the release of Portal 2 In Motion to coincide with Valve’s release of Portal 2 for digital download on PlayStation Network, which now includes PlayStation Move support (implemented by Sixense) for the entire single-player and cooperative campaigns. PS Plus members will also receive 30% off on Portal 2 when it launches on PSN. Owners of Portal 2 on Blu-Ray will receive PlayStation Move support through a free patch, which will provide a touch of the motion experience provided by Sixense. While the original Portal 2 campaigns will be fully playable with PlayStation Move, only Portal 2 In Motion features the gameplay mechanics designed by Sixense specifically for motion.

We hope that Portal 2 In Motion will mark the beginning of much more to come! Look for everything on November 6th!

PAGE 1 2

+ Bloody_Marcel on November 1st, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

@ 51

Right, after applying the patch going live on November 6th.

+ Bloody_Marcel on November 1st, 2012 at 3:25 pm said:

er, meant to reply to comment #50, not my own :P

+ tusunami on November 1st, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

Now this is the most bodacious thing yet, I can’t wait to use the Ps Move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ mala027 on November 1st, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this, will definitely buy. Thanks :)

+ Chuckbait on November 1st, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

@38…I too have the Eye of Judgement collection. Its camera works perfectly with the Move. All you need to do is buy a move controller and you’re good.

+ gilgamesh21 on November 1st, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

Been looking forward to this. Thanks, looks good!

+ ebopdaluop on November 1st, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

So let me get this straight. PS+ gets a deal on P2 but not on the DLC. Excuse me, but most PS+ types already own the P2 disc (like myself)!! Not very respectful, and if one has the P2 disc one should get a discount for the DLC if PS+ member! It should be a rather easy exercise to look at when P2 trophies were started to be obtained to see if a particular owner bought it new, if that is a concern. Tired of these ‘apparent’ good will gestures that are so much crap. Now, the PS DLC IS something I am very happy about though. Now I can dust my disc off after the last useless ‘free’ DLC, for PS3 gamers.

E8

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Josh Bays on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

There will be a PS Plus discount for both Portal 2 In Motion and Portal 2 on PSN! Not sure where you heard otherwise…

+ GhostMachine1 on November 1st, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

I own it on bluray. Thanks so much for the support guys.

+ sciteach on November 1st, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

oh my god yes! havent heard anything about this! so excited. thanks!

+ PrinceofXIII on November 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

looks ace :D

+ Crimson_Ashland on November 1st, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

i hope y’all release Portal 2 for free on Playstation plus cuz im broke and want to play it bad.

+ The_Dukenator on November 1st, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

@61 Are you a PS+ member? Try renting games instead of buying them.

+ swissmr on November 1st, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

I like the move , have 4 controllers, but i need to see better vids with the controller in view for me to pay 10 bucks for the dlc. Also dont have Nav controller, i know he said you dont really need it in an earlier responce but I tried Goldeneye without it and used with the dualshock and it was a joke.

+ Crimson_Ashland on November 1st, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

@62 did i mention i was broke?

+ The_Dukenator on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:14 am said:

@64 Did I mention I’m also broke, but I can get by?

+ Ryumoau on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

meh, seems like a waste of a plus discount.

+ plaztiksyke on November 2nd, 2012 at 5:53 pm said:

This is so awesome. The only thing that would be more awesome is if we got the original Portal (or Half-Life!) on PSN with Move support as well :) (Preferrably a port superior to the one in The Orange Box.)

Can’t wait to try the patch and DLC! :)

+ The_Dukenator on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

@67 I’m not sure if that’s possible.

+ passivefamiliar on November 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 am said:

Cool. I already have it, need to plat…this renewed lot of players will get that for me. I would LOVE to see DLC additions to the game. More missions/rooms. Some type of adaptation like the pc got, a level editor. It’d be difficult, but the few who could have the patience would thrive. (Not me, i’d piggyback off others for level deign or more likely just play them). Glad more and more is going digital to. 4tb external harddrive, sony brand official ps3 compatible?

+ oo7PorscheMGS on November 3rd, 2012 at 6:58 am said:

@66 …………………. “meh” …seems like the waste of a comment space. Just because YOU don’t like portal 2 or don’t care for the DLC or whatever your comment was about, doesn’t mean others don’t ;) In fact, if you knew anything about portal 2 or what you were talking about (which you obviously don’t hahaha…) you’d know it was one of the best rated games of 2011, and there’s nothing wrong with one of the best games getting a discount AND getting new DLC which is also at a discount for PS PLUS…. So “meh” along son, obviously you don’t know much ;)

Anyway, I personally love this DLC, love the MOVE update for the game, and love that portal 2 is getting a discount so maybe some people who were crazy to not even try this game after the amazing reviews it got will maybe get some sense and try it out now. Funniest and one of the smartest games I’ve ever played, can’t wait for the PS MOVE puzzles!!!

+ CaramelFa5or on November 7th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

I just bought the In Motion DLC, and I own the Portal 2 disc version, but I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to use the Move controllers. Isn’t it suppose to show that usual Move warning/usage screen at the beginning? It’s been more than a fvckin hour. I’m quite frustrated.

I can use the Navigation controller, but the Move controller isn’t lit, no configuration screen. Help, please.

Josh Bays's Avatar

+ Danny Woodall on November 9th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

It sounds as if Portal 2 hasn’t patched. If your game has patched you should have received a notification upon launching Portal 2 that the game needs to update. After applying the patch you will see the PlayStation Move startup screen as well as a Sixense splash screen when launching Portal 2

+ CaramelFa5or on November 10th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

I stil haven’t gotten that update patch. The latest update patch on my system is the 1.01 version. Is there any way I can manually download the Move patch?

PAGE 1 2