Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 05

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

PlayStation Plus Update: RE5 Gold Edition Free for Plus, Portal 2 Discounted, More

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 05, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Oh hey, November. Almost didn’t see you there with all of your fall colors, national holidays, and general autumn revelry. While the temperature may be dropping, Plus is getting ready to deliver some great content. We’re happy to kick off this month with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, free for PlayStation Plus members! There’s more to discuss of course, so read on to get info on all the goods.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 6th PlayStation Plus Update

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Free for Plus Members

This version of the original acclaimed Resident Evil 5 expands on the action-packed gameplay by including 2 extra episodes, one of which features Chris Redfield with series veteran Jill Valentine, along with extra costumes, content, and more. Of course it comes with the complete Resident Evil 5 story; playable solo, or via local or online co-op. If you haven’t tried one of the best Resident Evil titles this generation, now is your chance.

Portal 2

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)

One of 2011’s best titles and on multiple ‘Game of the Year’ lists, Portal 2 is coming to PSN and is coming in at a steal of a price for Plus members. Navigate ground breaking environment-based puzzles based on moving your character through a series of self-generated portals while experiencing the game’s outstanding story. This release also coincides with a patch for the game that enables PlayStation Move support as well!

Portal 2 In Motion

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

So you wanted more Portal? PlayStation Move owners get the exclusive slice of cake with Portal 2 In Motion. The new addition to the series introduces new gameplay mechanics; including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers, but require new thinking to solve.

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)

Another PlayStation Network exclusive; this dynamic adventure features fast-paced battles pitting up to four co-operative players against the Viking hordes, and maniacally competitive “Versus” arenas where players can test their skills against friends. With online cross-platform play, and a certified Cross-Buy game where buying it on one device entitles you to downloading it on the other; Plus members will be getting the best deal on this one-of-a-kind PlayStation experience.
ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)

If you’re looking for an accessible racing game that still beats with the heart of some of the world’s audacious supercars, look no further. From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there’s a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

It’s a jam-packed lineup this week, and there will be plenty more to come throughout the month. Before we go, let’s take a look back on some of the content we released in October and get your thoughts on what hit you the best.

What was your favorite PlayStation Plus content update from October?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Check back next week where we’ll have a puzzling new addition to the Plus family. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ poodude on November 5th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Nice update. I’ve been trying to convince myself to pick up RE5 for the longest time.

+ gus_xl on November 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

When you think about it.. It’s kind of ridiculous how good PS Plus is. You’ve basically spoiled us. Pretty soon, if you don’t hand out a Triple A title every week, people are going to go off the deep end.

+ ziggurcat on November 5th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

@ drsmoov:

“Worst update ever. What an awful and racist game. RE5:Kill all Black People”

get off of your soapbox, the game isn’t being racist. you need to learn about context.

and heaven forbid that a game set in africa has black people in it…

+ KemetMan72-_ on November 5th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

#69 stop worrying about Darksiders and Deadspace 2 and Red Dead….for the love of god DS2 was only 9 bucks! And Darksiders II has been out and is superior in every way and they already said we won’t be getting Read Dead….actually jump into the 21st century and BUY some titles. I have all that’s on your little list….spend some money!

+ ALARM-cIock on November 5th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Finally! An IGC title that I’ll actually play more than once.

+ thebiglouie on November 5th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

I’m guessing the download version of Portal 2 won’t come with a code for the free PC version like with the Bluray version, right?

+ Link01 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Well, Portal 2 DLC is officially bought! Now, let us here some Vita news!

+ Rafa-Mayu on November 5th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Geat, already played a lot of RE5 thanks to a friend but now we can play online multiplayer.

+ Link01 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Oh, and sneaky sneaky with the RE Gold image on the new PS Store and denying it. Either you loved us enough to get that deal…. or you guys were being sneaky and slipped ;)

+ ComixZone on November 5th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

buying that Resident Evil 6 Anthology was definitely a waste of money :(

I’m looking forward to next week’s update! Portal 2 at 13.99 is sweet, I’ll finally get to play it!

+ NickMulder on November 5th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

It’s unfortunate that I already have RE5 Gold Edition lol but nonetheless, I’m glad it’s joined the Instant Game Collection so maybe now people will complain a little less lol ;p keep up the great work Morgan!

+ oh_richard on November 5th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Hate to be “that guy” but RE5 after Halloween month? Uhhhhhhh

The only thing scary about this month is that I already own RE5 Gold on PSN and I have nothing to look forward to now.

+ GerolPS on November 5th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

when will we receive the $20 from the purchase $100 October promo?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

On or around 11/9.

+ Neomyked28 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica bundle must have a discount too… or a price change maybe :(

+ MikeFreezy on November 5th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Yet another great update.

+ NickMulder on November 5th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Btw! I voted for Day 1 Digital Discounts as I thought this was by far the best thing about last month and I was just wondering if there would maybe be more Day 1 Digital games this month? Maybe All-Stars Battle Royale? :p

+ UnleashedMonkey on November 5th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

i knew that ps+ for the vita wouldnt be on the 1st week. i bet itll be on the last week of november ._.

+ KidCommando on November 5th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

You sound like a racist.

I mean you Platinumed Just Cause 2 so you obviously didn’t care about killing all the South East Asians in that game that were depicted as ruthless mercenaries.

If RE5 was placed in a fictional land that wasn’t called Africa, then you would have no problems with the game?

Get real, it is a video game. These aren’t historically accurate foundations here. There are stereotypes in EVERY game on the market.

Its funny that you will kill other races on other games but when it gets to black…..you pull the race card like it should offend you for some reason. hypocrite much?

+ KidCommando on November 5th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

oh, great Plus update! :)

+ cubbielovr on November 5th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

I have been happy with PS+ for the most part, and this week’s additions are really great. Thanks for listening to your fans Sony, and keep up the good work!

+ jonjon0890 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Too bad im downloading it 4 free from my eu psn account…anyways a its a good update. Keep up the good work.

+ Alaann on November 5th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

I have an EU and US playstation plus accounts,the EU update for this month is crisis 2 and rachet and clank all 4 one and the us is resident evil 5 that game was just out in the eu plus and rachet is on the us plus are both pluses going to copy each other or have different collections and the us day 1 discounts any new news on that.

+ GrimlockFan64 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Aw, I already own RE5 Gold… Fun game at least and I still got it as a PS+ Discount last year! Well, there’s always next week. That portal 2 discount is intriguing though…

+ saab01 on November 5th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Disappointed to see RE5 Gold given to us. I still think it would be nice to have a poll each month on the game we would like to receive the following month. This way we can get the most requested game by the Plus Community. Hopefully the other games this month are games of interest.

+ PlatinumAura on November 5th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Cool now I have every RE game on ps3!!! And finally those whiny kids can shut up. Hopefully more PS awesomeness awaits as nothing really doing it for me atm. But Portal 2 looks cool especially for that price point!

+ NewSolace on November 5th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Morgan, I don’t mean this in a sarcastic way at all, I’m literally just curious. What was the logic behind not releasing any free games the 2 weeks before Halloween, and then releasing a perfect game for Halloween the week after it’s all over? Was there some kind of licensing problem, or what?

+ hrcrowley on November 5th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

FANTASTIC! Will DEFINATELY be snagging RE5:Gold and the Portal 2 DLC, and possibly the full digital copy (even though I own the Blu Ray) for that shockingly low, low Plus price (seriously you guys knocked this one right out the park!!!) just t have it nestled comforatbly on my hard drive. Thanks Sony for all that y’all do!

+ blaxarbush on November 5th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

. Im in the US and it still says the Trial is the only thing thats free. not the game?

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on November 5th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Very nice! RE5 Gold Ed for free! If you guys can keep a steady stream of free AAA full PS3 games mixed in with PSN titles and discounted games and DLC it makes for a much stronger overall package. I realize there are numerous factors involved with arranging this with 3rd parties (licensing, region restrictions, exclusivity deals with other consoles etc) so at least one per month would be acceptable for me.

Been tempted to pickup Portal 2 at the bargain bin in Walmart for $19.99, but just haven’t. For $13.99 on Plus? Sold.

Now Bring on the Plus info for Vita please.

+ glassmusic on November 5th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

I’m not at all complaining about this, but it seems like the only games that are ever free anymore are games I already own. Have you guys been going through my stuff when I’m not home? Hahaha ;)

+ KingBlade82 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

RE5 love the game and i cant believe u people say its racist? i didnt feel like it was only racist people would assume that too bad i already platinumed and own original but the dlcs might be fun for me to play it again the first game i played on my ps3 :) brings back good memories

-prays for another full quality mainstream game-

Chrrrriiiiisssss!!! lol

+ kpac511 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

1. If anyone HASN’T played Portal 2, $13.99 is a ridiculous value, so get on that.
2. If anyone ISN’T a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you are bad at life.

Most of the retail games that have become freebies on PS+ are games I already owned, but I still love being able to just download them. A lot of times I’ll want to go back to a game like infamous 2, but I’m playing something else at the same time, too. Less disc-swapping means I can stay on my couch or bed and keep playing. Thank you for enabling my laziness, PS+! =)

+ Cpt_Ramz on November 5th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Ill give credit where credit is due. Good update, even if it’s LONG over due.
I’ll continue by saying I hope this is the start of a sequence of good updates.

Also I won’t be voting in this weeks poll because I have NO favorites from last month. October for PS+ actually left a bad taste in my mouth…so to speak.

I am hoping for some new on PS+ for Vita very soon because I would love to use the cloud save for my Vita games. Assassins Creed for Vita is filled with horrible bugs that has caused me to have to restart multiple times from the beginning and I can’t help but think if I had some cloud saves I wouldn’t feel the way I feel about this horrible game at the moment. http://youtu.be/54ZEKT09M9E

+ bamahollis88 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Blaxarbrush, the game won’t be free until the psn store updates, so you have to wait until tomorrow. You can download the 1 hour trial and play that, then tomorrow when plus members get it you can just download the unlock part so you already have it predownload.

+ megacarlos on November 5th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

I usually dont complain but re5 that thing is so old how about putting more recent games

+ ALEX87PS on November 5th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

thank you for giving us Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for free!!

much appreciated :)

+ EnigmaticAxioms on November 5th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

Very nice rebound to open the month after a lackluster October update. Keep up the good work.

+ elieFozi on November 5th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

No no and no , i wasn’t expect RE5 to be free on US store , i allready own it from the EU store a month ago .

Please dont tell me its the only free game on november .

+ KingBlade82 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

i voted halloween sale discounts but also the dollar games they r instant buys for me atleast :P

+ blaxarbush on November 5th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Thanks bamahollis88, I always get confused thinking my internet or ps3 is messing up.

+ galenzo92 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Same thing, thanks bamahollis88, I was freaking out already, haha.

Great update guys, haven’t played a RE game in years, I will totally give it a go

+ KrisButtar on November 5th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

i didnt vote as those choices did not interest me. but what i liked best about october would be the double dragon neon or the 40% off one piece of even the WWE13 50% fan axxes sale

+ liledawg on November 5th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Just a little something about the poll

Day 1 Digital Discounts (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Dishonored, Doom 3, NBA2K12)

Maybe im wrong but wasn’t it NBA2K13? It says NBA 2K12, but gtreat PS Plus update as always looking forward to the rest of the month and what ps plus will bring for the vita, keep up the good work.

+ TheMART on November 5th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Dayum can’t wait for the update on PS+ for PSVita!

Even though I have PS+ Europe which will probably not get the news on the blog today, but tomorrow, yet it is exciting what mix of free content Sony is going to put on PS+ for PSVita!

Update it already will ya!!!!

+ BuriedSorrow on November 5th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

WHEW! I’m glad I waited to see what the new game would be before I got Plus back. Just another game I already played and got most of the achievements for on Xbox. Thanks, but no thanks.

+ Koalariachi on November 5th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Why dont have downloads movies for mexico?

+ Heatseeker125 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Thank you for finally listening and adding another PS3 retail game to PS Plus. I already have Resident Evil 5 but this just means more people to play with online with so many people now getting the game with their subscription. Still way behind SCEE but this is progress. Also notice that this PS Plus post has over 4.3 out of 5 votes. Clearly, more PS3 retail games are the way to go.

+ Bcrazyman on November 5th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

yes finally the one game that was coming to ps+
hey morgon ? any word on what we are getting this week for vita? ps+
also what else are getting this month on ps+! need to know thanks!

+ BlueMarvel100 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Where are the PS+ perks for PS Vita !

+ Street_Killaz on November 5th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

RE5 and Portal 2…awsome update!

PAGE 1 2 3 11