PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Plus Update: RE5 Gold Edition Free for Plus, Portal 2 Discounted, More

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 05, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Oh hey, November. Almost didn’t see you there with all of your fall colors, national holidays, and general autumn revelry. While the temperature may be dropping, Plus is getting ready to deliver some great content. We’re happy to kick off this month with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, free for PlayStation Plus members! There’s more to discuss of course, so read on to get info on all the goods.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 6th PlayStation Plus Update

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Free for Plus Members

This version of the original acclaimed Resident Evil 5 expands on the action-packed gameplay by including 2 extra episodes, one of which features Chris Redfield with series veteran Jill Valentine, along with extra costumes, content, and more. Of course it comes with the complete Resident Evil 5 story; playable solo, or via local or online co-op. If you haven’t tried one of the best Resident Evil titles this generation, now is your chance.

Portal 2

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)

One of 2011’s best titles and on multiple ‘Game of the Year’ lists, Portal 2 is coming to PSN and is coming in at a steal of a price for Plus members. Navigate ground breaking environment-based puzzles based on moving your character through a series of self-generated portals while experiencing the game’s outstanding story. This release also coincides with a patch for the game that enables PlayStation Move support as well!

Portal 2 In Motion

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

So you wanted more Portal? PlayStation Move owners get the exclusive slice of cake with Portal 2 In Motion. The new addition to the series introduces new gameplay mechanics; including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers, but require new thinking to solve.

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)

Another PlayStation Network exclusive; this dynamic adventure features fast-paced battles pitting up to four co-operative players against the Viking hordes, and maniacally competitive “Versus” arenas where players can test their skills against friends. With online cross-platform play, and a certified Cross-Buy game where buying it on one device entitles you to downloading it on the other; Plus members will be getting the best deal on this one-of-a-kind PlayStation experience.
ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)

If you’re looking for an accessible racing game that still beats with the heart of some of the world’s audacious supercars, look no further. From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there’s a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

It’s a jam-packed lineup this week, and there will be plenty more to come throughout the month. Before we go, let’s take a look back on some of the content we released in October and get your thoughts on what hit you the best.

What was your favorite PlayStation Plus content update from October?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Check back next week where we’ll have a puzzling new addition to the Plus family. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ poodude on November 5th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Nice update. I’ve been trying to convince myself to pick up RE5 for the longest time.

+ ArabianSwagga on November 5th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Yes! Finally!

+ MarcioHuser2 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

The only one I could THINK about I already own at Steam, wich would be RE5 :P

+ RedGiant17 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Will the Vita PS Plus content be highlighted in another post, or will it eventually be rolled into this one?

+ KAC710 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Any updates as to when the Vita content will hit Plus?

+ Smert_ on November 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Excited to pick up RE5! Where’s the PS+ content for the Vita? Will that go up on separate blog posts?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

Plus on PS Vita content will be wrapped into this post as well and we’ll have more news to share about it very soon =)

+ Dante_jrc on November 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Can we expect an announcement of the PlayStation Plus Vita perks soon?

+ Crillfingers on November 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Almost bought this countless times, same with Portal 2. Awesome update!

+ vanwinkle on November 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I’m not interested in RE5, but GREAT update otherwise!

+ truongtantai on November 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

cant belive in my eye .RE5 for free .I will play it again for trophy

+ Alexmoba on November 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I thought PS Plus for Vita was going up tomorrow, any updates on that?

+ Tjoeb123 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

RE5? Wha….huh?! Am I dreaming, or is SCEA finally starting to take cues from SCEE?

At least now I can play the game without supporting Crapcom.

+ vanwinkle on November 5th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Oh yeah, and excited to start seeing the Vita stuff. Soon, I hope? Next week like SCEE?

+ Tjoeb123 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Also, when can we expect more details on the new PS Vita firmware/PS+?

+ GT-420 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

RE5Gold Finally Yay! This should shut up some of the haters…oh who am I kidding?

Thank you Sony, very pleased with this month’s free game (although it took awhile…).

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

and i’m sure you know, but it’s not the month’s only free game, but certainly a big one for the month. I’m curious to see what people’s reactions will be for next week’s game.

+ Kedaro on November 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

woot… good move on another Grade A free game, I heard a rumor of Crysis 2 though, any truth to this?

+ hagwar on November 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

I really want Portal 2, but still have issues with PSN and my Visa card that I used many times before :(

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Sorry to hear about that issue. Have you tried picking up cards at retail and redeeming them on the Store? I know it’s a workaround, but it might be a solution.

+ LubricantTax on November 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Good update. Nice discount on Portal 2.

+ blakseed on November 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Bout time. Hope RE5 for plus saves complainers the $15 they wanted to save from buying the game.

+ smushums on November 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Finally 1 decent free game , about time .

+ HaMmOdY on November 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Oh my! Of all the games, it’s RE5… How disappointing!

+ Rabid619 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

A couple questions here.

First off, is Portal 2 In Motion a standalone product or does it require the base game, and also, is it playable without Move?

Second, any idea when Vita is happening on PS+? I was under the impression that it would be today.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Portal 2 In Motion does in fact require Portal 2 to play. It’s an add-on.

+ zzamaro on November 5th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

lol, RE5 was true. Morgan was denying it last month.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

It surprised me too! Looks like they had to play it pretty close to the chest, but it certainly wasn’t my intention to mislead; my apologies.

+ DeviantBoi on November 5th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

This update sucks and you should feel bad about yourselves.

And where’ s the option for “None” in the poll?

+ FireGuy13 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Day 1 discounts on Portal DLC AND Vikings? SOLD!!! I love PS+, always have. Day one subscriber, and will continue as long as awesome deals like this keep coming. Now I can pick up everything that I wanted this week with the $20 card I have. Thanks team!!!

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on November 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Glad I waited to pick both of these games up lol. Great update thanks!

+ LilRican on November 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

it is a resident evil year after all!!!! and yay im so happy! plus i turn 23 on the 21st of this month lol

+ Monterossa on November 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

we knew it’s coming… haha

+ zzamaro on November 5th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

@22 You will need the disc(base game) to be able to play it. You need Move to play In Motion.

+ zzamaro on November 5th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Do you know if In Motion will have trophies?

+ Masonic2012 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Your intro sentence is awesome.

+ ImAHistoryMajor on November 5th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

finally a decent update. But don’t mistake this for excitement. My standard is what Europe has, if the updates are worse here they should be called out accordingly.

+ DaMann22 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

RE5 is a great game to add and if no one has played it then they are missing out. However like the people before me, I also was looking forward to hearing the vita ps+ update.

+1 for when vikings attack 30% off. Can’t wait to snag that and play on my vita against my wife and daughter on the ps3.

+ dsigns209 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

$7 for When Vikings Attack? You just sold it on me.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Nice! Interested in getting my hands on it as well.

+ TheGrimHeaper on November 5th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Not bad, not bad.

+ Pabloo1010 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

This isn’t relate to this post but just a suggestion. Will the Vita have slightly improved iterations like the PSP did? I believe the one feature the Vita is missing is an internal hard-drive. That’s the only reason me and my friends have yet to buy a Vita. So next year introduce a new version with 16 GB built in. No need for price reduction. Hope you guys read this Sony. I love Sony haha !

+ aelurio1980 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Psn+ on vita?

+ D33DL1T on November 5th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Awesome update.. ! can t wait till tomorrow

+ TaggSte on November 5th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Impressive update, guys. Good work.

+ dodgedoors on November 5th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Hah RE 5. I love it. It’s a great game but I already own it. I am glad to see a full retail though. I am just waiting for all the people to start whining that they wanted red dead redemption not this pos. I wish people would stop being so greedy and selfish. American sense of entitlement is an ugly thing.

Seriously though ps plus info puh puh puh please???

+ RoBo_O_G_2 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Will we be getting any vita psn+ info? Remember vita SCEA?

+ dodgedoors on November 5th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Plus for vita that is

+ Gadirok on November 5th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Definitely PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale First Public Beta Access, because it sealed a preorder from me and it was my most played plus title that month.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Glad you enjoyed the Beta! I’ll be looking forward to playing the full game when it drops later this month for sure.

+ Stringer2355 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

What was your favorite PlayStation Plus content update from October?

X – None of the above

+ BPinter on November 5th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Any update as to when we can expect an update regarding the PS+ content / features for Vita?

+ pers1m0ny on November 5th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

I’m not voting on this poll. I’m being forced to pick a ‘favorite’ out of lineup of disappointing updates for October.
None of these updates I feel I want to vote as ‘favorite’ because I feel it would be sending the signal I liked anything about the October update and would like to see more stuff like that. But really I didn’t like it and don’t want to encourage more of the same.

I am happy with this week’s update though.

I already own RE 5. But its not the ‘Gold’ edition. So I’m lookng forward to a chance to replay RE5 *with* the extra Gold content.

More updates like that please :-)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

For the next poll like that, I’ll see if we can create an option that states something like that in case none of the updates really resonated with you.

+ DrSmoov on November 5th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Worst update ever. What an awful and racist game. RE5:Kill all Black People – you should be ashamed. I sold this game 3 days after I was given it as a present. Did not beat it, did not care too. I sold it, and I am opposed to selling or buying used games, but that game was so awful it makers of that game deserved to suffer.

+ Craazy on November 5th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Vita, UH Vita? Hmmmm Vita?

Howz about Vita?

Will there be a Vita Plus like you all promised?

So what about VITA?

Dont do this to me Sony…..VITA????

+ drew327 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

LOL what happened to “RE5 is not for your region.” I just want one PR group to admit a mistake for a change.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

Not sure I ever remember anyone saying “RE5 is not for your region”. It’s simply that deals can be done differently from region to region, but there was never anyone saying RE5 (or for that matter, any other title) can never (keyword: never) come to Plus.

+ BPinter on November 5th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

+ Stringer2355 on November 5th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

What was your favorite PlayStation Plus content update from October?

X – None of the above

My thoughts exactly. Not my favorite month in terms of content… just not my style of games. Still love PS+ though!

PAGE 1 2 3 11