PlayStation Vue

Nov 05

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

PlayStation Plus Update: RE5 Gold Edition Free for Plus, Portal 2 Discounted, More

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 05, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Oh hey, November. Almost didn’t see you there with all of your fall colors, national holidays, and general autumn revelry. While the temperature may be dropping, Plus is getting ready to deliver some great content. We’re happy to kick off this month with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, free for PlayStation Plus members! There’s more to discuss of course, so read on to get info on all the goods.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 6th PlayStation Plus Update

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Free for Plus Members

This version of the original acclaimed Resident Evil 5 expands on the action-packed gameplay by including 2 extra episodes, one of which features Chris Redfield with series veteran Jill Valentine, along with extra costumes, content, and more. Of course it comes with the complete Resident Evil 5 story; playable solo, or via local or online co-op. If you haven’t tried one of the best Resident Evil titles this generation, now is your chance.

Portal 2

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)

One of 2011’s best titles and on multiple ‘Game of the Year’ lists, Portal 2 is coming to PSN and is coming in at a steal of a price for Plus members. Navigate ground breaking environment-based puzzles based on moving your character through a series of self-generated portals while experiencing the game’s outstanding story. This release also coincides with a patch for the game that enables PlayStation Move support as well!

Portal 2 In Motion

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

So you wanted more Portal? PlayStation Move owners get the exclusive slice of cake with Portal 2 In Motion. The new addition to the series introduces new gameplay mechanics; including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers, but require new thinking to solve.

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)

Another PlayStation Network exclusive; this dynamic adventure features fast-paced battles pitting up to four co-operative players against the Viking hordes, and maniacally competitive “Versus” arenas where players can test their skills against friends. With online cross-platform play, and a certified Cross-Buy game where buying it on one device entitles you to downloading it on the other; Plus members will be getting the best deal on this one-of-a-kind PlayStation experience.
ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)

If you’re looking for an accessible racing game that still beats with the heart of some of the world’s audacious supercars, look no further. From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there’s a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

It’s a jam-packed lineup this week, and there will be plenty more to come throughout the month. Before we go, let’s take a look back on some of the content we released in October and get your thoughts on what hit you the best.

What was your favorite PlayStation Plus content update from October?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Check back next week where we’ll have a puzzling new addition to the Plus family. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

@47 Actually you are the racist one. Its Africa. Were you expecting Irish people?? Go cry about to Al Sharpton please. You don’t have to play the game. Anyways, I called it! I remember saying the game was coming but everyone kept telling me I was wrong. Of course there are always going to those people who are never satisfied and say that this game sucks and that they already have it. But then if it hadn’t been made available, they would be asking for it. I swear man some gamers just complain about everything instead of just playing for fun like in the old days before blogs and comments.

Please give us a clue or a teaser on what is coming to the Vita. Even if its a hard clue, just give us something to look forward to Morgan!

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on November 5th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

Morgan, re5 gold edition also supports move controls and is awesome. I sold my copy a long time ago, now I get it back at noextra charge. Plus is awesome, I will have it as long as I own ps platforms

+ emilyUSA on November 5th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

RE5 gold edition !! , if i am customer or client probably i will have this game SECA ?!
in oct King of Fighters XIII was good game for plus , the only solution is to invest japanese games to PLUS Service , ماعندكم سالفه

+ MarkakaJin on November 5th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

But Morgan, I have RE5 Gold Edition back when it was discounted for PS+ subscribers!

+ vinardus on November 5th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

My favorite one was the last october update, the discount on One Piece. October was the worst plus month I ever had since I signed up in june 2011. Pretty weak start for november with RE5. But maybe the trolls that keep repeating that EU got it will quiet down now.

+ firebert42 on November 5th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Awesome update! I have been missing Resident Evil and have played on various platforms. I’m considering getting a Vita based on the quality of the Plus content for PS3!

+ DOGWITCH on November 5th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

very cool. i would have thought re 5 would be a October game for plus.

+ lajaro on November 5th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Hi, Morgan

I suspect you (and your Social Media colleagues) either don’t have the info, or aren’t at liberty to comment, but the lack of attention Sony is giving the Vita is discouraging.

A little transparency re PS+ (as numerous others have requested) is a perfect example of what people want and aren’t getting. Those of us who continue to blow the trumpet for the Vita and go up against the nay-sayer trolls on these forums can only do so much as individual consumers. There have been other disappointments on the Vita front (botched / postponed releases) which also contribute to the frustrations.

We had a great few weeks of good titles and would be sad to see the momentum slip, especially with two major shopping holidays approaching. As such, it would be really nice for Sony to continue moving forward and empower you and other social media experts who maintain these forums to keep the hype up. Otherwise, I fear for the future of this fantastic platform.

A hopeful customer.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

But, but I already have RE5. Wahhh! Thats cool if you do guys but remember, were not you. I didn’t really care for RE5 after the demo and watching videos of it, but I’m not going to complain and ask for a game from my personal games wishlist because I know the world doesn’t revolve around me.

Seriously people, just don’t buy anymore games ever for your PS3. That way there won’t be a chance of a game you already bought appearing on Plus, thus eliminating your frustration. Just depend on Plus for all your gaming needs and miss out on all the other great games out there!

+ shadwayne on November 5th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

i hope vita would be getting good games or good apps for free:)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on November 5th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Morgan THANK GOD for this update, i been waiting and waiting and waiting checking 3 to 4 times a day for this. im not use to how plus is yet but i know its once a week on tuesday for store update. RE5 isnt my cup of tea but ill try it out sounds like fun

+ XpAcErX on November 5th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

I read some posts about the vita ps+ stuff coming later does that mean later today or next week?

+ purse317 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

A lot of the free games I already own or previously owned 85% to be exact. RE% really isn’t doing it for me why not give us Crysis 2 like EU gets. The sales are great but not frequent enough and doen’t cover enough games. If more sales for plus members where out their I’d spend more money.

Oh and for crying out loud fix the store good design but it has major issues.

+ albertoargento on November 5th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

only this???

+ Armored_Oso66 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

unfortunately nothing worthwhile for this week of Plus (for me anyway) since i already own RE5 and all the DLC associated with it but no harm no foul

i will just have to wait until the next update

+ Nick930930 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Resident Evil 5? That complete trash?! I’ll pass…

How about we get some Playstation games! Like Twisted Metal! Motorstorm Apocalypse! PS1 Classics! Like seriously… you keep releasing freebies that I already own on steam. Payday is a computer game! It’s terrible on the console (valve doesn’t give two craps about consoles). Resident Evil 5? Best of the series?!?! It’s only better than 6 because 6 recently took the award for worst game in history!

Here’s hoping next week will be Twisted Metal.

+ Nick930930 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

also no Crysis 2 please… that’s also a PC game…..i don’t want low res versions of PC games…

+ Salenth on November 5th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

Fantastic update. Is there any word on what games will be Day One Downloads this month? I have two that I’m really wanting to get but if I can get them digitally then I won’t bother reserving a disc copy.

+ Strathmore on November 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

No, not a rip-off at all!! Who would even suggest such a thing??

+ robdawg1001 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

lame i bought re5 day one and all the content day one now you say i can get it for free lol for those who dont own re5 i highly recomend getting this title very awesome game!

+ luvtoseek on November 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Portal DLC & Viking’s Attack discounts + the releases of All Stars & Persona = Greatest November of Mankind

+ PayneKiller1509 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

What’s a PS+ update without a bunch of complainers with threats..
Even if I have the game already, I’m happy! Now I can pay this with friends I’ve convinced to get plus but didn’t get these games in the past.
I had RE5, but didn’t have Gold edition and didn’t feel like buying the update. So now at least I get it free. Hope I don’t have to download every single thing tho and just need to get the addons.

+ PrOzAc-27 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Nice update!
Portal 2 will come with the steam game?

+ Soulwind613 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Just a suggestion for future discounts…

In order to keep my girlfriend happy, I request that you please see about hooking us up w/ discounting the remaining DJ Hero/2 DLC on the psn!

This is one of the only games that she will play for hours on end, and that we can play together. It would be greatly apprecated if you guys could work out a deal w/ Activision to make this happen, seeing as to how almost all of the rhythm games available are dead.

+ RenderMonk on November 5th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

I too, would like to see an option added to the polls, that states, “More Disappointed with the IGC select than pleased.” Please do your best to see the IGC get games from the RPG genre. Thanks

+ GalP15 on November 5th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

ohhhh dam i have the eu plus to so didnt really earn somthing here… but the portal 2 discount is nice ill purchase it…
but next time please bring somthing uniqe to the american ps plus..

+ pudgenet on November 5th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

I’ve tried, I just can’t get into Resident Evil.

I have AC III and NFS:MW to keep me busy until the next free game … I hope …

+ DeathGazer on November 5th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Hope you guys just copy EU from last month and we get Bulletstorm as well.

+ AizawaYuuichi on November 5th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Well, I sort of want to vote for the Halloween Sale, as that discounted some nice games… but most of them I’d already received at steep discounts or for free through PS+. And the one awesome thing, 40% off One Piece, you did barely a month after it hit the store, instead of it being a Day 1/Week 1 discount, so I got screwed out of that. :(
Honestly, I won’t say October was “disappointing”, but there was absolutely nothing I liked about it. None of the games interested me, and the timing on the discount that did interest me was a month late.
And now we’re getting another generic action/shooter/horror game, which I don’t like at all. I really, really wish people would stop asking for EU content. If they want EU content, get EU+. I want exactly ZERO (0) of the games they’ve been getting. Shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter. Please… enough of that trash comes out already, I don’t want to see a steady stream of it forced down my throat as the IGC free games.

Count me as another PS+’er with the desire to see an “X – None of the Above” choice on future polls asking us what our favorite offers from the previous month were.

+ Shatgan on November 5th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

Sweet! Finally Resident evil 5 for free :D, I had the standard edition since day one and was pissed off when the gold version came out and never dared to buy it again hoping one day i would get it for free as well of the DLC, and well what do you know? lol sweet, I just hope the controls weren’t different back then becauase I’m already used to the RE6 controls hehe

+ Elvick_ on November 5th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

I voted for the Sega discounts. Though enjoyed the Halloween sale as well, but tha didn’t have many sales on content I didn’t already own.

+ USCCM on November 5th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

Yay! Finally!

Glad someone listens to us! See? Complaining works!

Keep ’em coming, Sony!

I’m back to being a happy camper!

Great update by the way, Uncle Morgan.

Gonna grab me a portal gun and throw some nasty stuff at ’em Vikings!

+ the_jerbear on November 5th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Disappointed that we still don’t have PS+ for Vita, even though it’s been promised forever. STILL no Wake Up club either.

Does the PSN version of Portal 2 come with the Steam code, or is it just the PS3 version of the game?

+ plaztiksyke on November 5th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

does RE5 Gold include the Move support?

+ jeff0918 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:17 pm said:

I get a kick out of reading all these comments. I swear there is just no pleasing some people. Boohoo your not getting the free game you want. I haven’t liked every free game and I already have some of them but I am not gonna sit here and whine about it. I give Sony credit for trying to pick a selection of games that provide something for everyone. If you don’t like the content offered then simply spend your money elsewhere.

In my opinion the Plus service has been fantastic. Great free content and discounts. I do wish I would have known in advance we were getting a discount on WWE 13 Fan Axxess before I bought it last month but it’s still a great value at $20. Overall, I am looking forward to giving RE: 5 a try and hope you keep the great updates coming.

+ necroden on November 5th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

I’m relatively new to Playstation Plus, and even newer to these forums. I just wanted to know when RES 5 will be available for download. Will my location (Canada) affect when it’s available for me?

Thanks in advance.

+ USCCM on November 5th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

Oh one more thing. I agree with some of the commenters.

My vote is also “None of the above”.

October PS+ didn’t really rub me the right way. And getting sucked into a comment bashing battle for voicing my opinion left a bad taste in my mouth.

But at least this month is a good start! And here’s to hoping it will get even better!

+ Kchow23 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

A better update this week than the last month, I am excited to play the RE5 DLC and will think of getting the DLC for Portal 2 or Vikings Attack.

+ freshprincepbg on November 5th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

Ha I knew that pic of RE5 wasn’t a mock-up :D

I had a pretty good streak with Plus giving me games I didn’t already own, and now it ends :( Glad you finally threw USA a bone though, but there’s still a ton of games EU got that we didn’t yet, more please!

+ rightontargt4 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Morgan – I don’t usually ask these questions on here, but are you or any of the PSN Staff aware of the issue where PSN/PS3 games downloaded from the store prompt the user to install on a PSP System?

(Ex: Infamous trying to copy to PSP system, gives me no option to install on PS3. PSP and Vita don’t even support that game, any clue why this is happening/is this something you guys are working on?)

+ jeff0918 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

@214 RE5 will be available whenever the Store updates for your region tomorrow.

+ Scirocco20v on November 5th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

If I get Portal 2 will I only be able to play with ps move if I get the dlc for it?? Also if I buy portal 2 on the psn will I get the PC version with it?? If I buy portal 2 for ps3 at a store I will get the PC version with it.

Please Answer this question it will help me make a decision if I buy this or not.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 5th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

You’ll be able to use PS Move on Portal 2 without Portal 2 In Motion. Portal 2 now supports a patch that enables PS Move support. The Steam offerings to get Portal 2 on PC was more of a new release promotion. I don’t think that there will be anything that will enable you to get the PC version by buying the PS Store version.

+ MrBeatdown on November 5th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

This is exactly why I don’t understand the love for the European version of PS+… old, old popular games that plenty of people have already played, and have been dirt cheap for years. I platinum’d this in 2009.

I was hoping Vanquish would be the free game this week. It went under the rader and most didn’t play it.

+ MyrequeArk on November 5th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

When will this post be updated with PS+ Vita info? Later today or tomorrow?

Will PS+ Vita be available tomorrow?

+ Phrikus on November 5th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

Looks good, glad to see a turn-around.

+ WalterFC_USA on November 5th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

Good Update Morgan, haven’t played RE since the v4 (that honestly didn’t like) hope this one will recover a fan of the original RE series. Just another suggestion, maybe we can have news about the updates with a little more anticipation, remember that EU knew about crysis2 since the 26th October and we had to suffer with anxiety until today.

Good first update of November!

+ TriangleOffense on November 5th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

Finally a decent price on a full retail game

+ Kchow23 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

I would love to see the LBP2 Move DLC free for PS Plus since I really thought that was going to be given out for free and instead we are being charged for something that was advertised on the box. Moreover, discounts on Gravity Rush DLC or LBP Vita DLC would be great for PS Plus for PS Vita.

+ Kchow23 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

Not sure if this is possible, but I’d assume so on PS Vita. It’d be great that when we download a game or app… the latest patch is already included with the download so you don’t have to patch it after it has been downloaded.

+ JEC94 on November 5th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

I already have Resident Evil 5 collectors edition and a code for RE5 GE thanks to RE6 anthology. So nothing for me again lol.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11