Bloodborne

October 2012 PSN Top Sellers: Retro City Rampage Dominates PS Vita Charts

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 08, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Retro City Rampage

While we tip our hats to yet another amazing performance byThe Walking Dead with Episode 4: Around Every Corner, we’re giving the spotlight to a little game that could — Retro City Rampage.

Last month’s top PS Vita seller, Retro City Rampage pays tribute to games from days gone by, while adopting the open-world gameplay of modern day titles. Crafted by a small team led by Brian Provinciano, the game features an 8-bit art style, complete with amazing chiptunes.

Honorable mentions go to a number of the Day 1 Digital games. Dishonored, NBA 2K13,Resident Evil 6, Doom 3 BFG Edition, and Assassin’s Creed 3 (not to mention a great performance by Assassin’s Creed III Liberation on PS Vita) all debuted in fine form.

Congrats once again to The Walking Dead Episode 4 and Retro City Rampage. Check out the full results below and let us know what your predictions for the charts are for November. If you’re interested to see how your favorite PSN titles performed overseas, you can check out the EU Blog’s Top PSN Sellers post as well.

Top 20 PSN Games of The Month

2. The Impossible Game
  3. Monopoly
  4. Zombie Racers
  5. Alien Zombie Death

PAGE 1 2

+ Sevyne on November 8th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

@49: Ya see I disagree about digital sales picking up. With the ridiculous price of memory cards for the Vita I avoid buying digital unless a game is digital only. I’m sure I’m far from alone on that too. I’m also sure that that has a strong negative impact on vita digital sales.

That’s not to say any of them did poorly (I really don’t know), but I’d expect a good game that does not have it’s sales divided to do better.

+ lisatsunami on November 8th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

I just tried to access the new store via the Vita remote play feature. What used to be a nice Vita perk has now been disabled. BOO!

Please bring that back soon.

+ Neonwarrior on November 8th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

@ Morgan Haro I Looked in the store and the Day 1 Digital sections is gone does that mean no more same day digital releases? Also is Black Ops 2 going to be on the PSN store?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 8th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

No, it was a one time event to shine a spotlight on the Day 1 Digital content for that month. But we will still be bringing Day 1 Digital content as it arrives. it just won’t have it’s own tab on the Store or anything,.

+ TerraAshura on November 8th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

The fact that Okami HD even made it on there, having only been out two days before October ended, amazes me. Except not really, because it’s an amazing game <3

+ Kchow23 on November 8th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

@51 Yeah, I hope that digital is doing well for PS Vita but I doubt it, but it should be selling games somewhere? I agree that the memory cards are too expensive and it would’ve been better if we could use any SD cards, but hopefully things get better for the PS Vita.

+ CaptainJames99 on November 8th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

@Kchow23 you won’t see if the new tore changes any numbes at all for a couple of reasons. One being this list has always been at least 50% pure fantasy on the part of the marketing department and they hate being caught with their pants down. The other reason is the new store is a mess akin to a bookstore with all the pages ripped out and strewn all over the floor, not even taking into account the absurdly slow loading times. Sales are already slipping and will continue to do so. No amount of corporate BS will change the facts.

+ Parhibition on November 8th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

As people have been saying, a FF7 remake, even if it’s just an HD one, is obviously warranted. Someone at Square or Sony who isn’t pulling the trigger is missing a big money-making opportunity.

Also, can we get sales numbers beside each game or is there some sort of legal problem with that?

+ Valde_zerocool on November 8th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Morgan, but I was referring to the pre order costumes that retailers are giving. Sorry I should have been more clear. Keep up the good work.

+ Martster45 on November 8th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

Just to let PS VITA owners know, Capcom collection remix and Capcom collection reloaded for PSP Download is compatible with PS VITA this week even though it is not listed on any compatible list. Download the 2 games on PS3 only and leave them on your system, then connect your PS VITA to your PS 3 and go to content manager on your PS VITA go to copy from PS3 to your PS VITA and press on applications menu and Capcom collection remix and Capcom collection reloaded will be available on your system, just check both boxes and copy to your PS VITA now you have a whole lot of classic games to play on your VITA . This same procedure works with Castlevania Symphony of the night and Castlevania Chronicles for PS One Classics and they also work on VITA, Hope this info is helpful . Enjoy .

+ dodgedoors on November 8th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

I am surprised that Dokuro isn’t on the vita top 10. Must be a lot of people that feel $20 is a bit too high of a price point. Please add it to plus in either the IGC or 50% discount.

+ Elvick_ on November 8th, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

@56: And your comment is based on nothing.

PSN’s sales have been up the last two quarters. Deal.

+ DeacoMiyashiro on November 8th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

@ Morgan Haro Where’s the SFxTekken DLC that I should have received when I bought the Vita version?
According to this http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2012/10/29/street-fighter-x-tekken-ps-vita-dlc-update , Capcom would fix the problem on November 6, but nothing has been done.

Right now it’s like I’ve been robbed (19,99 for the Addicional Character Pack, 17,99 for the complete alternate costume pack). Is that what I get from buying things on day 1, huh?

+ CaptainJames99 on November 8th, 2012 at 8:42 pm said:

@elvick how can you say my facts are based on nothing? Do you have sales figures? we all know sony refuses to back up these wild claims with sales figures of any kind so in fact the only person with no basis in reality here is you. If you’ve read my comments you should know I deal in FACTS not BS. So if anyone should “deal” its you. If you can’t then don’t let the door smack your butt on the way out.

+ Ryumoau on November 9th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

It would be nice to see actual numbers in this chart. I still has a suspicion that the numbers aren’t as great as Sony would like us to think. May explain why FF7 is always so high. Even if it only sold 8 copies a month, it would be enough to be top of the ps1 chart if noone is really buying them much.

I don’t have any proof of course, just weird that Sony won’t even give us a ballpark range of the sales numbers.

+ CaptainJames99 on November 9th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

@ryumoau thats what I’ve been getting at or at least part of it. There are entries on the list month after month that have no business being there. We all know its advertising but it should at the very least be truthful. Also having gone through the academic world and into the working world theres one thing I learned fast. if one makes a claim of any kind be prepared to back it up with cold hard facts. Claims made without evidence can never be consdiered real, in other words no data to back it up then it never happened. People still use the old adage “Figures don’t lie but liars figure” for good reason.

+ deathshadow799 on November 9th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

I love Day 1 Digital :3 Any word on Far Cry 3 if it’s going to be available since Day 1 on PSN?

+ moon4567 on November 9th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

I so want to play AC3, but I have to wait, Sandy did cause great damage to UPS and USPS, so yeah… anyways, Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, will there be a day 1 on add-ons? or is that going to come at a later date? I’m curious since I don’t plan on pre-ordering, I want the PS3 version, but not the PS Vita download version… Will there ever be a Cross-buy with a version that does not have that? Not all of us want to download the games….

+ CaptainJames99 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

hey moon4567 thats why I go local for most of my games, no delivery time really. Online mail order does have some sales but Ive gotten good at finding sales local also.

+ Bandolero0738 on November 10th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

Is Hitman Absolution coming to Day 1 Digital?

+ God-Of-Lyf on November 11th, 2012 at 6:59 am said:

FFV would of made the (Top 5 PS one Classics) if it was compatible with the Vita! HINT, HINT!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Grim-FunDango on November 13th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

@Morgan Haro

So who do we have to contact if we haven’t received the $20 PSN code from the October Big Savings promo after the 16th? Cause everyone I know already got their codes. I opted out of getting promotional emails from Sony. Does that include the XMB message with my code???

Thanks!